Author Topic: Guy finds Time Traveller in 1928 Chaplin footage  (Read 39805 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
If someone is capable of time travel why would they use a primitive device like a cell phone.

Wouldnt it stand to reason that they would at least go forward and get an ear piece?

Also, why travel to the 1920s? They would go back to 1999 to see Ronnie in his prime.

For me, I would go back to Mirage hotel in Vegas, next to the ice machine. There is a guy in a pirate suit hanging around there, his nick name is "slurp"

it's only time travel if you want it to be

LMFAO!!

Army of One

• Getbig V
If someone is capable of time travel why would they use a primitive device like a cell phone.

Wouldnt it stand to reason that they would at least go forward and get an ear piece?

Also, why travel to the 1920s? They would go back to 1999 to see Ronnie in his prime.

For me, I would go back to Mirage hotel in Vegas, next to the ice machine. There is a guy in a pirate suit hanging around there, his nick name is "slurp"

it's only time travel if you want it to be

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Damn it really sucks seeing Marty McFly and TeenWolf like this   :'( :'( :'(

Poor guy.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If time travel ever exists you should only ever be able to visit the future. Not the past.

spinnis

As sceptical scientists we would rule out time travel. That is plainly impossible.

What would people in 1928 say about that person? How would they explain it? There were no phones and no net work so that clearly is not a cell phone.

I don't see how anyone can seriously entertain the idea that this might be time travel. Today there are heaps of naive, gullible people who believe all manner of crap and nonsense. They believe extraterrestrials have visited our earth and all manner of foolish things. If you want to believe rubbish you will find plenty on line. Conspiracy theories, etc., blah, blah, blah.

We don't have to be able to explain what was going on to rule out any possibility that this is evidence of time travel.

Shake your sorry heads the naive Flotsam of Getbig!

at the age of 102 its amazing how you still grow dumber by the day

spinnis

If time travel ever exists you should only ever be able to visit the future. Not the past.

its far more reasonable to visit something thats happened. When the firs time machine is created thats the point you will always be able to go back to thats what I think

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I would not like someone like Biff Tanner making millions from knowing the results of sports events etc.

More hassle than its worth.

spinnis

Damn it really sucks seeing Marty McFly and TeenWolf like this   :'( :'( :'(

god damnit this actually gets to me. Fuck thats has to suck :/.

Loosing your speech or something is one thing, but never just being able to ..Relax.

On a side note, if I would forced to hang around rachel for a long time I might just kill myself. The most fake person ive EVER seen.

DK II

• Getbig V

It's called time delution, that's what Einstein meant.

When i travel near speed of light, time is running slower for me. So for you i am gone 20 years, but i only age 12 years.

This is nowhere near "time travel".

Also wormholes and shit are so far out of science, it ridiculous to think you can set a clock to 1927 and then go there.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Philosophical possibility is unlimited. Time travel remains extremely unlikely and highly improbable.

spinnis

Philosophical possibility is unlimited. Time travel remains extremely unlikely and highly improbable.
Thats not what you said old man, THIS is what you said

I don't see how anyone can seriously entertain the idea that this might be time travel. Today there are heaps of naive, gullible people who believe all manner of crap and nonsense. T

So What about EINSTEIN and HAWKING? =)

you're smarter then them I assume? thats pretty much what you're implying correct? correct?

roccoginge

Swede is exactly right about traveling back to the point from when the machine is invented.  Who's to say a civilization a hundred million years ahead of us didn't crack that code a very long time ago.

spinnis

It's called time delution, that's what Einstein meant.

When i travel near speed of light, time is running slower for me. So for you i am gone 20 years, but i only age 12 years.

This is nowhere near "time travel".

Also wormholes and shit are so far out of science, it ridiculous to think you can set a clock to 1927 and then go there.

not if a time machine was created in 1927 (whic I doubt) and you can basically just go back to when you created it =)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
In the early 1920s, people used hearing aids that you needed to hold up to your ears.

Oticon was founded in 1904 in Denmark by Hans Demant whose wife was hearing impaired

DK II

• Getbig V
Thats not what you said old man, THIS is what you said

So What about EINSTEIN and HAWKING? =)

you're smarter then them I assume? thats pretty much what you're implying correct? correct?

Dude, both Einstein and Hawking said that it was impossible to travel through time.

If i am not mistaken, Einstein said that spacetime cannot be bend enough to actually do time travel, and Hawkings said something along th elines that timetravel was possible if you would bend spacetime enough which would cost an unlimited amount of energy.
Now we all know and Hawking probably knows this as well, an unlimited amount of energy is impossible to create.

Besides that, i think both also say that for time travel, you would have to reach speeds faster than the speed of light, and if this is possible is highly debated.

spinnis

In the early 1920s, people used hearing aids that you needed to hold up to your ears.

epic party pooper  ;D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...

DK II

• Getbig V
Re: Guy finds Time Traveller in 1928 Chaplin footage
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »
btw, IF time travel really existed, i want to go back to 569 a.d. and have a word with the father of a fella called Muhammad.

Maybe getting him to time travel to 2010 Las Vegas watching the Mr O. and telling him it will be the fault of his soon-to-be-born son that this happens will get him to spend his semen on a camel instead.

spinnis

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2010, 08:31:30 AM »
btw, IF time travel really existed, i want to go back to 569 a.d. and have a word with the father of a fella called Muhammad.

Maybe getting him to time travel to 2010 Las Vegas watching the Mr O. and telling him it will be the fault of his soon-to-be-born son that this happens will get him to spend his semen on a camel instead.

Im voting for sending wiggs back with a camera a few hundred years running away from racists while screaming "IM A JEW RETARDS!"

great reality show, and Just when they were about to get him, we zapped him back!

then again we could do this with all rappers and Not zap them back, sry wiggy.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2010, 08:33:13 AM »
Im voting for sending wiggs back with a camera a few hundred years running away from racists while screaming "IM A JEW RETARDS!"

great reality show, and Just when they were about to get him, we zapped him back!

then again we could do this with all rappers and Not zap them back, sry wiggy.

Nice idea, i guess zapping Hitler near the ice machine at the Mirage would be great as well.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2010, 08:34:27 AM »
guy grundy?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2010, 08:41:24 AM »
Oticon was founded in 1904 in Denmark by Hans Demant whose wife was hearing impaired

You'd think such an inventive guy would simply upgrade to a newer model wife with better hearing.

Oh well...

Dead by 1910.

Steroids

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Possibly...here is the thing, if it was a cellphone, abd if he was from the future, he couldn't talk to anybody, because there was no infrastructure for cellphones back then, even telephone lines were new in some areas...

So a time traveller couldn't be using some technology from the future which enabled communication between people in different times...

... and needed to be hand held just like a modern day mobile phone ?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
god damnit this actually gets to me. Fuck thats has to suck :/.

Loosing your speech or something is one thing, but never just being able to ..Relax.

On a side note, if I would forced to hang around rachel for a long time I might just kill myself. The most fake person ive EVER seen.

It really does, he's one of those likable guys, friendly, positive...never heard a bad thing said about him, which is rare in hollywood

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
How about shes just a nut talking into her cigarette case?

I would believe that before I would believe she is talking into a cell phone which is just slightly dumber than thinking she's talking into a radio.