Author Topic: Guy finds Time Traveller in 1928 Chaplin footage  (Read 40097 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Guy finds Time Traveller in 1928 Chaplin footage
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2010, 11:36:29 PM »
I wish I could travel back to the day I discovered getbig and punch myself in the face & tell my ass to get a life...
DAWG

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2010, 12:28:12 AM »
The footage is of people at the film opening not the actual film.

That makes it even more silly. Obviously it's just a woman talking to someone not in the shot.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2010, 01:30:49 AM »
And the person not in shot is her time travelling companion back at the time machine.
O

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2010, 01:41:32 AM »
That makes it even more silly. Obviously it's just a woman talking to someone not in the shot.
That is what I think... She is yelling to her husband who walked off in the wrong direction in front of her.

Also, she may even have a pair of rolled up gloves in her hand or a glasses case and is simply scratching the side of her face or ear... The left hand may not be connected to her talking at all.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2010, 02:19:24 AM »
The trouble with possibilities is that anything might be possible. Perhaps the people doing the movie told that lady to walk through holding that thing and talking and then someone seeing this film in the future will imagine she is time travelling!

The more I read about time travel and the problems the less likely I think it will ever happen. Clearly no one has visited from the future because it hasn't happened yet. That alone is a paradox. Then you have the problems of the immense amount of energy required and I think it becomes wishful thinking and just science fiction. It is one thing to have a machine and go to the past. Will the machine go with you? If not you won't be able to get back. I can tell you that as you age things change and if you leave your home town for say 50 years and then return just about everyone you knew might not live there any more and you won't know many at all. I doubt it would be something anyone would do especially if there is no way to return.

Of course, on Getbig anything is possible and our own steroid god travels to different times quite regularly. Of course gh15's predictions were wrong about the last presidential election but he explained that he said what he did to try to make people vote the other way. Yeah, sure.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2010, 02:42:23 AM »
Of course, on Getbig anything is possible and our own steroid god travels to different times quite regularly. Of course gh15's predictions were wrong about the last presidential election but he explained that he said what he did to try to make people vote the other way. Yeah, sure.

;D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2010, 03:06:40 AM »
Maybe she was getting an update from Musclephone ???
P

spinnis

« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2010, 05:00:33 AM »
I think u are scared shitless to think outside your little box ... or cage

I think youre caring about your shared gimmick account  :P

spinnis

« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2010, 05:03:30 AM »
I can't believe I have to respond to this... But.

Its a hearing aid device that was handheld and in the size of a large cell phone.

did you bother checking page 3?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2010, 10:17:01 AM »

did you bother checking page 3?

I did not... If it was done on page 3, then I would have thought the thread would have stopped on page 3.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »
who says no one can come from the future? How do you know we aren't currently in the past and there are people in the future still trying to figure out time travel...
The trouble with possibilities is that anything might be possible. Perhaps the people doing the movie told that lady to walk through holding that thing and talking and then someone seeing this film in the future will imagine she is time travelling!

The more I read about time travel and the problems the less likely I think it will ever happen. Clearly no one has visited from the future because it hasn't happened yet. That alone is a paradox. Then you have the problems of the immense amount of energy required and I think it becomes wishful thinking and just science fiction. It is one thing to have a machine and go to the past. Will the machine go with you? If not you won't be able to get back. I can tell you that as you age things change and if you leave your home town for say 50 years and then return just about everyone you knew might not live there any more and you won't know many at all. I doubt it would be something anyone would do especially if there is no way to return.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2010, 12:54:15 PM »
Maybe she was getting an update from Musclephone ???

LOL!
from incomplete data

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »
lol at people buying into "conspiracy" theories...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #163 on: October 26, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
lol at people buying into "conspiracy" theories...

America was built on a conspiracy

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
The Circus
Posted: October, 25, 2010

Stewart,

In behind the scenes footage of Chaplin's movie "The Circus", what appears to be an elderly woman, but could also be a man, walks by seemingly talking in a mobile device held to the left ear. Now, this is 1928. What's up with that you think? Someone having fun editing the movie, a "time traveler" caught by accident or did Chaplin try to say something?

This question has a corresponding link.Click here

Stewart's Reply:

Even if this were true, there would have been no cell towers available in 1928 to receive a signal so any time traveler would have no service.

I am sure there must be another more logical explanation.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2010, 02:45:19 PM »
The Circus
Posted: October, 25, 2010

Stewart,

In behind the scenes footage of Chaplin's movie "The Circus", what appears to be an elderly woman, but could also be a man, walks by seemingly talking in a mobile device held to the left ear. Now, this is 1928. What's up with that you think? Someone having fun editing the movie, a "time traveler" caught by accident or did Chaplin try to say something?

This question has a corresponding link.Click here

Stewart's Reply:

Even if this were true, there would have been no cell towers available in 1928 to receive a signal so any time traveler would have no service.

I am sure there must be another more logical explanation.

Did you really have to consult "Stewart" in order to reach this conclusion?
from incomplete data

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2010, 03:08:30 PM »
solved...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
You don't need a cell tower to talk through a computer. Satellites is all that is needed. One would think that in the future, cell towers will be obsolete.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »
Time travel could only occur if ropes used in tricep pressing movements were permanently removed from gyms. I spoke about this with Pat McGuiness, the guy who helped me put a patent on my grip strength machine whilst attending an event hosted by the Priest family.

Of course, I don't expect the flotsam and jetsam of getbig to grasp a complex idea such as time travel or the proper practice of measuring the height of Austrian strangers.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2010, 04:16:26 PM »
What people don't understand is that in the future what we call "cell phones" now will be something completely different. They probably won't even need cell towers. They will probably work in an entirely different way.

Anyway, what if the time machine carries a mobile cell tower and she/he is talking to her time travelling companion?

OR

What if it is a futuristic walkie-talkie device used to talk to the companion. She is clearly talking to somebody. My bet is that it's somebody back at the TT machine.
O

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #172 on: October 26, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »
it was just the communication device hooked up to the mother ship, could been an extra terrestrial disguised. 

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2010, 04:22:38 PM »
it was just the communication device hooked up to the mother ship, could been an extra terrestrial disguised. 

Are you saying she was talking to Branch Warren about an escape plan?

We need Jewhit to speak on this.....
P

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2010, 04:31:42 PM »
You don't need a cell tower to talk through a computer. Satellites is all that is needed. One would think that in the future, cell towers will be obsolete.

So you're saying that satellites were orbiting the Earth in 1928?

You can not be for real, can you? No really?
from incomplete data