Author Topic: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez  (Read 14293 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Props to Cain.
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2010, 08:35:57 AM »
Second round TKO! >:(
no way you make it to the 2nd round  >:(

spinnis

« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2010, 08:37:58 AM »
Pride might be a better word. It's like the mexican fighters, you know that they will take their punishment like a man. I just don't percieve turning your back and turtling as a pridefull way to fight. I was watching Ali eating flush shots from Shavers the other day on youtube, it just seems like night and day.

Ali wouldnt take anything near as many hits with mma gloves. you understand that though. especially from top boxers. Toney was Shocked over how small the gloves were.

he needs to get rid of the panick thouhg if he can.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »
Pride might be a better word. It's like the mexican fighters, you know that they will take their punishment like a man. I just don't percieve turning your back and turtling as a pridefull way to fight. I was watching Ali eating flush shots from Shavers the other day on youtube, it just seems like night and day.

You have to give him credit for coming in to mma, he didn't need to and he came back against Carwin, it's just the manner of it that i find disagreeable. If he would calm down with all the third person, toughest guy in thw world talk i wouldn't be so critical.

No Jaime  he was totally  outclassed and run out of gas , don't forget that many  boxing legends (with great hearts/pride)  quit when they were tired and outclassed, Morales ,Barrera ,Duran ...........etc.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »
no way you make it to the 2nd round  >:(
Dude I would totally sweep the leg.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »
Ali wouldnt take anything near as many hits with mma gloves. you understand that though. especially from top boxers. Toney was Shocked over how small the gloves were.

he needs to get rid of the panick thouhg if he can.

All the old school fighters did in the days when the gloves were basically mma gloves.

Go watch some Marciano fights.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2010, 08:45:29 AM »
Dude I would totally sweep the leg.
That's illegal  >:(

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »
No Jaime  he was totally  outclassed and run out of gas , don't forget that many  boxing legends (with great hearts/pride)  quit when they were tired and outclassed, Morales ,Barrera ,Duran ...........etc.

Duran quit because Ray wouldn't engage, slightly different Che. I watched Morales go and trade in the twelfth against Msnny when it coulfd have cost him the fight. 90% of guys would never do that. It happens, i agree, but Brock doesn't fight with pride full stop, i'm not going to change my mind on that.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2010, 08:47:43 AM »

Duran quit becasue Ray wouldn't engage, slightly different Che. I watched Morales go and trade in the twelfth against Msnny when it coulfd have cost him the fight. It happens, i agree, but Brock doesn't fight with pride full stop, i'm not going to change my mind on that.

Duran quit because he was outclassed .

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2010, 08:48:43 AM »
That's illegal  >:(
You got a problem with that?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
Duran quit because he was outclassed .

He didn't quit because he was taking a beating, he was being petulant. I don't agree with it but it's a completely different scenario.

A direct comparison would be him quiting when Hearns was lighting him up.

Ray shoe shining and outboxing him is slightly different to being in the trenches. He was a drugged up mess at the time anyway.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

He didn't quit because he was taking a beating, he was being petulant. I don't agree with it but it's a completely different scenario.

A direct comparison would be him quiting when Hearns was lighting him up.

Ray shoe shining and outboxing him is slightly different to being in the trenches. He was a drugged up mess at the time anyway.
It doesn't matter what was the reason for quitting ,when you have heart/pride you just don't quit.
                                      BTW Morales quit in the 3rd round against Manny .

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
Re: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2010, 08:55:16 AM »
I always give props when its due.
Cain was better then the Vikining last night. Now we saw the inexperience that Brock actually has. Only 2 year in the making though.
When he learns to stay calm in thsoe stressfull situuations (which comes with experience) he will become better.

Props to Cain he looked great. And Brock Will come back stronger.

AWESOME fucking card overall.
Cain destroyed him in all apects of MMA. Brock was fresh,and had a hard time taking him down...When he did get Cain down,he couldn't keep him down... Then he got out struck,then got taken down ,then dropped,then ground and pounded to death.. Brock is a bully,that got bullied by a smaller and better fighter..

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2010, 08:57:22 AM »
Swedes hero

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2010, 08:58:37 AM »
You got a problem with that?
I do.
Fuck that I'm not fighting you :(

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:25 AM »
lesnar simply gassed out. it took me a while personally to attain great stamina, this was only met through a better diet

lesnar's meat diet is good for size and strength but lacks for endurance and health

cain probably ate more bean meals , while eating with a more balanced approach your physique wont look all that ripped but you will have energy
Whoa you're back?! Haven't been paying attention to the board much as of late. Fucking A the Falcon is back.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »
It doesn't matter what was the reason for quitting ,when you have heart/pride you just don't quit.
                                      BTW Morales quit in the 3rd round against Manny .

Morales was washed up Che and still took about a 100 times the punishment that Brock took.

Erik came to fight, he would often trade when he didn't need to, that's heart and pride. If he was hurt and couldn't continue, so be it. If a fighter is hurt then that's their perogative, i don't want to see guys get brain damage for the fun of it.

There is a way to fight and a way not to fight. It can get abstarct at times, but i think you know what i'm getting at.

Trans Milkshake.

spinnis

« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
Swedes hero

a defeted brock lesnar who will come back stronger and better then ever thats for sure =)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2010, 09:02:42 AM »
Brock didnät stay calm, he displayed a lot of very weird energy expenditure.

spinnis

« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2010, 09:04:10 AM »
Brock didnät stay calm, he displayed a lot of very weird energy expenditure.

the begining was great. exactly what he should have done to avoid clean good strikes right away, come in from an angle to shock cain. Cains hands are just too damn fast though.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2010, 09:05:13 AM »

. If he was hurt and couldn't continue, so be it. If a fighter is hurt then that's their perogative,
Maybe Brock was hurt.
Morales wasn't hurt ,he sat there looked at his corner and said I'm done.

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »
The problem with Brock is that he is not used to getting hit ,he doesn't like to get hit in the face and he is too old to learn that(deffense ) .
If Brock gets the take down and gets on top possiton he can beat any HW in the world including Fedor,Overeem......ETC

You're right that he hates getting hit and he reacts worse to it that anyone I've seen.

Your next sentence is wrong though.  He did get the takedown and got the top position.  Cain just got right back up and beat his ass.  And he may be able to take Fedor down before getting knocked out, but if he did, Fedor would take his arm and finish the fight anyway.  Mir is no where near Fedor's level on the ground and Fedor wouldn't just be stuck and helpless there.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2010, 09:14:58 AM »
You're right that he hates getting hit and he reacts worse to it that anyone I've seen.

Your next sentence is wrong though.  He did get the takedown and got the top position.  Cain just got right back up and beat his ass.  And he may be able to take Fedor down before getting knocked out, but if he did, Fedor would take his arm and finish the fight anyway.  Mir is no where near Fedor's level on the ground and Fedor wouldn't just be stuck and helpless there.
I said '' he could'' not  that he would beat any HW in the world. A fight is a fight anything can happen in MMA.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
hows the egyptian studies going?

Is this the real Johnny "Kale Greens" Falcon?

:D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 09:16:37 AM »
Maybe Brock was hurt.
Morales wasn't hurt ,he sat there looked at his corner and said I'm done.

You really think he wasn't hurt? I suppose McClellan wasn't hurt either. Erik was done, he was out on his feet for about 2 minutes leading up to the stoppage. He was also weight drained against Manny, there were huge contractual stipulations.

Erik had a shit load of ability, he used to trade becasue he had heart, it's not complicated.

Eating flush combinations off of Manny is a tad more impressive than turtling after getting hit with a glancing overextended uppercut from Carwin. Zero comparison.
Trans Milkshake.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 09:17:59 AM »
Is this the real Johnny "Kale Greens" Falcon?

:D
Yea Ron posted he was giving him another last chance no relapses this time.