Author Topic: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez  (Read 14298 times)

che

• Getbig V
Re: Props to Cain.
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »

You really think he wasn't hurt? I suppose McClellan wasn't hurt either. Erik was done, he was out on his feet for about 2 minutes leading up to the stoppage. He was also weight drained against Manny, there were huge contractual stipulations.

Erik had a shit load of ability, he used to trade because he had heart, it's not complicated.

Eating flush combinations off of Manny is a tad more impressive than turtling after getting hit with a glancing overextended uppercut from Carwin. Zero comparison.

Brock turtling isn't because his lack of heart ,it's because his lack of skills.
I've been involved in boxing my whole life from fighting to coaching ,believe me I know when somebody is hurt.

Mrdibbs

• Getbig III
Re: UFC 121 - Props to Cain Velasquez
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
the begining was great. exactly what he should have done to avoid clean good strikes right away, come in from an angle to shock cain. Cains hands are just too damn fast though.

Lol dude snap out of it. Pillow fist knocked your wrestling god down multiple times.

He isnt a fighter and will never be a good one the next X years.

Guys like JDS, cain etc have lightyears more experience than he will ever be able to attain before turning 60.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »
Brock turtling isn't because his lack of heart ,it's because his lack of skills.
I've been involved in boxing my whole life from fighting to coaching ,believe me I know when somebody is hurt.

agreed..che speaks the truth & has far more 1st hand knowledge than the majority on this board...

that being said...brock was hurt...
DAWG

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 09:36:43 AM »

I box Che, so i guess we will have to disagree.

Erik looks hurt, he is visibly hurt for about two minutes of that round lol.

Lesnar turtles because it is instinctive for him to do so.

My first day ever sparring, i was put against aganst a really speedy kid and i had never had a single fight in my life. He lit me up, he must have hit me about 200 hundred times, i just kept walking forward, instinct. Brock is like Frank they have no instinct.

Heart/instinct/pride whatever you want to call it.
Trans Milkshake.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 09:38:07 AM »
agreed..che speaks the truth & has far more 1st hand knowledge than the majority on this board...

I love you too  :-* (no homo)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2010, 09:38:45 AM »
DAWG

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2010, 09:39:12 AM »
My first day ever sparring, i was put against aganst a really speedy kid and i had never had a single fight in my life. He lit me up, he must have hit me about 200 hundred times, i just kept walking forward, instinct. Brock is like Frank they have no instinct.

You need to try getting hit with 4 oz gloves.  If you can take 200 hits then and keep walking forward, you're superman.  BTW, che is right, and you're a tool.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »

I box Che, so i guess we will have to disagree.

Erik looks hurt, he is visibly hurt for about two minutes of that round lol.

Lesnar turtles because it is instinctive for him to do so.

Heart/instinct/pride whatever you want to call it.

OK :D

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »
You need to try getting hit with 4 oz gloves.  If you can take 200 hits then and keep walking forward, you're superman.  BTW, che is right, and you're a tool.

Fuck off shithead. ;)

Che is wrong. Morales is clearly hurt.

I'm not talking about me being tough i'm talking about panicking and instinct. I have seen loads of guys who don't back down even when getting lit up.

I respect Che, i just happen to disagree with him this time.
Trans Milkshake.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:14 AM »
Erik Paulson is a badass. But besides him, I wonder if they PUSH him or just sucks his dick. He needs to find new damn training partners.
yep
!

SgtSpar

• Getbig III
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2010, 09:52:11 AM »

Fuck off shithead. ;)

Che is wrong. Morales is clearly hurt.

I'm not talking about me being tough i'm talking about panicking and instinct. I have seen loads of guys who don't back down even when getting lit up.

I respect Che, i just happen to disagree with him this time.

Everyone's instinct when something is hitting them in the head is to cover their head.  Everyone.  Training makes you do something differently than that.  Some people need less training, some need more.  Getting hit in the face bothers some people much more than others.  But getting hit with a 4oz glove and a 10, 12, or 16 oz glove is a whole different ballgame.

As far as whether he is hurt, I think you two are just arguing semantics.  To have a valid discussion about it, you first have to agree on what the word "hurt" means.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2010, 09:54:34 AM »

The Cain hype has begun now i see.

Before knocking out the shell of Nog nobody fought Cain had any striking or power, he got dropped by Congo countless times and looked less than stellar standing in his other fights and couldn't really finish guys. He has potential and is getting very well rounded but lets not make out he is some monster standing.

You should take a look at my thread, Brock Verbally submitted, at least we won't see you making threads every two seconds about how tough this guy is.

He has zero fighting instinct, he gets hit and runs away.

Fedor and Overeem would clean knock Brock out and Carwin would probably do the same in a rematch.

LOLOLOLOLOL...that's exactly what i thought when he curled up like a fucking girl and said "i quit"

what a fucking PUSSY....a straight up bitch.

And X2 on Swede shutting the fuck up already about how "bad' Brock is......he is a pussy at heart that gets scared when someone hits him.

I can only imagine the look on Swedes face....the abject HORROR as the love of his life got beat up and humiliated. It is the most painful moment of his life HAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAA AA   :D :D :D

spinnis

« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2010, 09:56:01 AM »

I can only imagine the look on Swedes face....the abject HORROR as the love of his life got beat up and humiliated. It is the most painful moment of his life HAHAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAAAA AA   :D :D :D

why would I get upset when a better fighter wins? I would get upset if it was stopped to early or something like that, not when it was obvious cain was the better fighter :)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2010, 09:59:04 AM »
Lol as I said, cain vs anyone else then lesnar I would root for cain.

And to say lesnar is not tough after the beateing he took from carwin is retarded. Hopefully he finds away to turn of that panic button, if not hes gonna have problem with great wrestlers that can strike. I dont see him loosing against any weak wrestlers though. If this fight was again mir for exampe again, mir would have ended up flat on his back right away and not being able to move.
Strong wrestler and great hands is his kryptonite.

So, in others word...if some is a GOOD all around  fighter Brock cant beat him.....oh yeah, he's a beast  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »
why would I get upset when a better fighter wins? I would get upset if it was stopped to early or something like that, not when it was obvious cain was the better fighter :)

::) ::)  i'm sure you were just fine with it

spinnis

« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2010, 10:01:04 AM »

::) ::)  i'm sure you were just fine with it

Dissapointed ofc but not more then that =) feel free to believe whatever you want though

spinnis

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2010, 10:02:17 AM »
Dont know why Brock didnt just at least Try and LOCK cain up from the ground. (its easy to say but anyway lol)
Needs to change fucking partners thats for sure.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:01 AM »
Everyone's instinct when something is hitting them in the head is to cover their head.  Everyone.  Training makes you do something differently than that.  Some people need less training, some need more.  Getting hit in the face bothers some people much more than others.  But getting hit with a 4oz glove and a 10, 12, or 16 oz glove is a whole different ballgame.

As far as whether he is hurt, I think you two are just arguing semantics.  To have a valid discussion about it, you first have to agree on what the word "hurt" means.

I think it goes deeper than that. Although i would agree that with striking the more you get hit the more comfortable you become with it.

Certain guys just panic when getting hit, Wlad springs to mind as does Bruno who i referenced earlier. Career long fighters none the less, who still haven't rectified the problem.

Yeah glove size makes a difference, but 10 oz Reyes and an mma glove isn't hugely different in regards to force. There is a test they did on it floating about somewhere. It's a lot about padding distribution, some gloves have all the padding on the knuckles, which is a pain in the ass if you are trying to get maximum force.

Second point. Yes, i guess that is the case.

He looks out on his feet for more a less the entirety of the third to me, but there in lies the debate.
Trans Milkshake.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
Dissapointed ofc but not more then that =) feel free to believe whatever you want though

LOLOLOLOL....the brave little man is keeping a stiff upper lip in the face of his hero being destroyed and exposed as a talentless lump of shit with no heart.....he "quit" HAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAA

Fatpanda now has company in the "quitter" club  :D :D

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2010, 10:06:05 AM »
Lesnar has no idea how to protect himself
No Worries 4 me

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2010, 10:06:11 AM »
Dont know why Brock didnt just at least Try and LOCK cain up from the ground. (its easy to say but anyway lol)
Needs to change fucking partners thats for sure.

it's not his training....he was scared and exposed as a pussy.  once he realized that being bigger and stronger wasn't going to get it done this time he gave up

spinnis

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2010, 10:06:15 AM »
LOLOLOLOL....the brave little man is keeping a stiff upper lip in the face of his hero being destroyed and exposed as a talentless lump of shit with no heart.....he "quit" HAHAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAAA

Fatpanda now has company in the "quitter" club  :D :D

Im not the one coming across as desperate lol.

Brock will come back better thats for sure. needs more experience.

tell me though who else in the ufc can beat him besides cain/carwin and maaaaaaaaaaaaby jds? (doubtful) =) even after just 2 years of mma training.

spinnis

« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
Lesnar has no idea how to protect himself

why the fuck didn't he just try and lock cain up is something I dont understand. something he should be able to do even if he panicks if he has ...practised it long enough. apparently he hasn't which is strange. which leads one to think that he should get NEW training partners.

Jaime

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »

tell me though who else in the ufc can beat him besides cain/carwin and maaaaaaaaaaaaby jds? (doubtful) =) even after just 2 years of mma training.

Try about 4 years Swede. That and he had a great wrestling background beforehand. Wrestling is the best base to have in mma, so with a bit of sub defence it does well against guys that aren't well rounded. The division is still pretty shallow, so there aren't a huge ammount of guys who are going to negate his wrestling at the moment.

He needed to make improvements after the Carwin fight, the fact he didn't, probably means that he has gone as far as he can go. I think given the mental aspect as well, he might have real trouble coming back.
Trans Milkshake.

unracked

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2010, 10:16:02 AM »

Every post is lol. The only people I know who do that are girls. WTF is wrong with you.