Author Topic: Conservative Hypocrisy on Spending.  (Read 1796 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Conservative Hypocrisy on Spending.
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Maybe you should be in court with him as it is over the mandate in ZeroCare. 

I also do not agree with the mandate you have to have it.

I think it should be an option... Not a mandate.

But with that option, if you optioned out... You get zero healthcare at all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
I also do not agree with the mandate you have to have it.

I think it should be an option... Not a mandate.

But with that option, if you optioned out... You get zero healthcare at all.

Cool. 

What about my idea of allowing the voters to not get the projects, but not get the taxes, interest, and inflation? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
Cool. 

What about my idea of allowing the voters to not get the projects, but not get the taxes, interest, and inflation? 

I agree with that... If district decides to opt out of money for project X, they should not be required to pay for it.

My only fear with that is the overhead of keeping track of who put money in and who didn't. Does that inflate our government even more is my only issue there.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
No I'm not... I responded to the issue about people being "forced".

Selective reading you got there?

Settle down tool, the posts were made whilst I was quoting, typing, and eating, haha. 

How are you going to take the POTUS to court on this?  Even if you made it past the myriad immunity issues it could take years to resolve.  That's not a practical or viable alternative.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »

Settle down tool, the posts were made whilst I was quoting, typing, and eating, haha.  

How are you going to take the POTUS to court on this?  Even if you made it past the myriad immunity issues it could take years to resolve.  That's not a practical or viable alternative.

Tool... Hah!

By the time it was done, it would be a moot point because the money would have stood in limbo waiting for a court decision, which is most likely the best thing right now.

Understand cupcake?

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2010, 04:28:18 PM »
Tool... Hah!

By the time it was done, it would be a moot point because the money would have stood in limbo waiting for a court decision, which is most likely the best thing right now.

Understand cupcake?

I doubt a judge would have given an injunction and they may not even have that authority.  Also, I can only think of instances where appropriations were blocked judicially on the basis of equity, not politics.  Maybe something in the literature, but I haven't seen it.

I have friends with no children.  They object to having to pay school taxes on this ground.  Nonetheless, they are forced to do so and, as such, have a right to voice their opinion on how the school operates.  So, they go and make their opinions known at meetings.  By your definition, the only way they wouldn't be hippocrits is what?  The SCOTUS has already declared they must pay the taxes and the school board must give them a say.

Sometimes, you just have to do things even if you don't agree with them.  That's life cupcake, not hypocrisy.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2010, 04:31:07 PM »
I doubt a judge would have given an injunction and they may not even have that authority.  Also, I can only think of instances where appropriations were blocked judicially on the basis of equity, not politics.  Maybe something in the literature, but I haven't seen it.

I have friends with no children.  They object to having to pay school taxes on this ground.  Nonetheless, they are forced to do so and, as such, have a right to voice their opinion on how the school operates.  So, they go and make their opinions known at meetings.  By your definition, the only way they wouldn't be hippocrits is what?  The SCOTUS has already declared they must pay the taxes and the school board must give them a say.

Sometimes, you just have to do things even if you don't agree with them.  That's life cupcake, not hypocrisy.

That's true... but the people have no say in how these funds will be spent... period.

There is budgets for education, this not part of any specific budget and as such, is not the same.

That's the fact... fruitloop.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
That's true... but the people have no say in how these funds will be spent... period.

There is budgets for education, this not part of any specific budget and as such, is not the same.

That's the fact... fruitloop.

Not following what that has to do with anything.  Whether it's budgeted or not is immaterial.  (not sure if you understand how appropriations work, but the money is budgeted, simply not on the unified budget).

Most people hate paying taxes.  I guess because they do pay taxes and use every deduction legally available to them we have a nation of hypocrits?

Again, sometimes you have to do things you don't agree with.  That's life, not hyporcrisy.