Author Topic: Shawn Ray interviews Lee Haney and why he stopped after 8  (Read 10252 times)

Stavios

Re: shaw Ray interviews Lee Haney on Why He Stopped at 8 Mr Olympia Titles
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 07:07:19 AM »
You reckon? I think Dorian would have beaten Haney easily in '92. Haney by that point would have been relying on his name alone to win him the contest - Dorian had already beat him in the muscularity round the previous year and had virtually caught up with him in terms of conditioning. I don't even know had he competed in Helsinki if Haney would have come second either - Levrone looked good that year too and would have given Haney a good run for his money.

Agreed

Haney retired at the right time

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Shawn Ray interviews Lee Haney and why he stopped after 8
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2010, 07:15:23 AM »
For fuck's sake you morons listen to you fags bickering back and forth about Arnold.  Here's the bottomline........Arnold didn't win 8 or 11 or what the fuck ever.  Haney DID!  So he surpassed Arnold.  There is no should have would have could have.  Either you did or you didn't.  Now........do you really think Arnold gives a fuck?  Arnold probably doesn't even give a shit about his bodybuilding past anymore.  He's been out of it for so long.  Haney's entire identity still relies on his bodybuilding past.  Plus I'm sure Haney never had to suck dick for primo nor did he sleep in old dude's beds like Arnold did. 

donrhummy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2010, 07:21:25 AM »
How about the fact that he's 51 years old but is still in great shape and has a less wrinkled face than most current pros?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: shaw Ray interviews Lee Haney on Why He Stopped at 8 Mr Olympia Titles
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:38 AM »
he retired cause dorian was about to own him

Right ::)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2010, 07:35:24 AM »
For fuck's sake you morons listen to you fags bickering back and forth about Arnold.  Here's the bottomline........Arnold didn't win 8 or 11 or what the fuck ever.  Haney DID!  So he surpassed Arnold.  There is no should have would have could have.  Either you did or you didn't.  Now........do you really think Arnold gives a fuck?  Arnold probably doesn't even give a shit about his bodybuilding past anymore.  He's been out of it for so long.  Haney's entire identity still relies on his bodybuilding past.  Plus I'm sure Haney never had to suck dick for primo nor did he sleep in old dude's beds like Arnold did. 

All good points.

Funny also when Haney says in the interview he stopped competing as it was time for him to pursue bigger and better things, when in fact he achieved NOTHING outside of BB. He's just another former Mr O. ;)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »
What's interesting is what he said in his victory speech after winning the 91 Olympia: "I just learned how to peak" or something like that,  I thought he was going to keep going at least for another year.

He would've beaten Dorian again in 92 had he competed.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2010, 07:38:47 AM »
What's interesting is what he said in his victory speech after winning the 91 Olympia: "I just learned how to peak" or something like that,  I thought he was going to keep going at least for another year.

He would've beaten Dorian again in 92 had he competed.

He would've beatein Dorian in 97 as well. That's the year when he could've pulled a 1980 Arnold. ;)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2010, 08:37:47 AM »
He would've beatein Dorian in 97 as well. That's the year when he could've pulled a 1980 Arnold. ;)

He actually could've pulled it off and beaten Dorian.

Dorian just got lucky Flex didn't compete both years he was off (94 and 97).