Author Topic: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"  (Read 8987 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2010, 08:45:26 AM »
Yes...simply because im about real freedoms... If Glen Beck donated money to a Republican than thats his right as an American Citizen. Dude...its his business. Who gives a fuck

He negotiated away those "freedoms" by agreeing to accept 30 Million over 5 years.   I guess basic contract law aint your thing either.   bbbboooommmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2010, 09:07:38 AM »
He negotiated away those "freedoms" by agreeing to accept 30 Million over 5 years.   I guess basic contract law aint your thing either.   bbbboooommmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont get it. Were you under the impression i was an esq?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
I haven't read anything that say he violated his contract but rather that he just violated some corporate rule

I'm guessing he'll be back on the air in a week or so, if not less.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »
Isn't "suspended indefinitely" just a cushy euphemism for being FIRED, just like Shirley Sherrod's "forced resignation"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2010, 12:23:47 PM »
Biden sought Olbermann's advice on anger
CNN ^ | 11-6-10

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, suspended indefinitely Friday for donating to Democratic candidates for office, said in an interview two days before his suspension that Vice President Joe Biden once sought his advice.

“I once had a conversation with the man who is now the vice president when he was still in the Senate, who asked me for advice about how to turn anger into righteous inspiration,” Olbermann said in an interview with the New York Times Magazine.

Olbermann added, “He [Biden] said, ‘I just come across like I’m angry and out of control, and you seem to focus it and make it look useful and expressive.’’’

Also noteworthy, Olbermann expressed surprise with Jon Stewart’s criticism of him during the Rally for Sanity.

(Excerpt) Read more at politicalticker.blogs.cn n.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »
Isn't "suspended indefinitely" just a cushy euphemism for being FIRED, just like Shirley Sherrod's "forced resignation"?

That's usually right.  They were probably looking for an excuse to get rid of him.  Wouldn't surprise me if there is some of kind of buyout of his contract.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 04:20:44 PM »
That's usually right.  They were probably looking for an excuse to get rid of him.  Wouldn't surprise me if there is some of kind of buyout of his contract.

They're still in sackcloth and ashes on Huffington Post. Cries of blackout (not watching MSNBC), petitions.....the foolishness is without bounds.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2010, 04:28:55 PM »
that's why I said he's dingy.  I don't watch him and I'm not about to get all wound up over his silly gay tingles lol.  what, it's not enough for you that I can't stand the rest of them over there at msnbc?  all or nothing for you?
LOL dude I havent watched alot of it but matthews is by far the worst imho he does nothing but gotcha journalism doesnt ever let the other person get a word in at all I mean just plain shit dude.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2010, 09:36:10 PM »
They're still in sackcloth and ashes on Huffington Post. Cries of blackout (not watching MSNBC), petitions.....the foolishness is without bounds.

I'm not sure a blackout is much of a threat. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 06:47:49 AM »
Olbermann added, “He [Biden] said, ‘I just come across like I’m angry and out of control, and you seem to focus it and make it look useful and expressive.’’’

________________________ _____________-

:o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »
LOL dude I havent watched alot of it but matthews is by far the worst imho he does nothing but gotcha journalism doesnt ever let the other person get a word in at all I mean just plain shit dude.
that's what you see, I'm not going to hold it against you.  I see Maddow as the worst.  To me she's just like a female verson of Hannity on the left.  She comes across with the same contempt and mockery for the right as Hannity does for the left... If I had to pick only two people to get rid of in the media, it would be Hannity and Madcow.  Then I would beg for a shot to get rid of two more...  If you think I'm wrong in thinking this, I don't know what to say.  It's just my opinion.

With Mathews, at least that's the name of the game.  He started his stupid "hardball"  People who go on it at least know they're going to go up against him forcing answers.  I don't care for it, but at least you know what you get before you go on.  Like I said, he's dingy, but I don't see him as the worst, not even close.  Olbermann, Beck, O'donnel, O'reilly would all be up before Mathews imo...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 09:11:28 AM »
current spin is that he was unware of the "rule" and refused to apologize on air

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
like Juan Williams; FOX should hire him.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 10:37:44 AM »

yes, with amnesty-supporting hosts like Palin and Newt, he'd fit right in.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »

Fox doesn't really hire duds like Olbermann.  That's partly why they kick everyone else's butt. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 02:46:05 PM »
Fox doesn't really hire duds like Olbermann.  That's partly why they kick everyone else's butt. 

lots o idiots

Obama/Biden
Osama Bin Laden

MMMM....Fox News

Jet Packs in LA...lmao

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 02:50:43 PM »
lots o idiots

Obama/Biden
Osama Bin Laden

MMMM....Fox News

Jet Packs in LA...lmao

Not lots.  Maybe a couple.  Most of their people do a good job.  Greta, Megyn Kelly, that Brooks guy, Wallace, etc. 

If you look at the people who left other networks and joined Fox they were typically good at their last job (like the former CNN folks). 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 02:58:29 PM »
Not lots.  Maybe a couple.  Most of their people do a good job.  Greta, Megyn Kelly, that Brooks guy, Wallace, etc. 

If you look at the people who left other networks and joined Fox they were typically good at their last job (like the former CNN folks). 

Everyone loves playing 'gotcha' with the media.

When they use old footage to enlarge crowds, "accidentally" change party affiliation, make terrorist insinuations...

Well, it just seems like FOX is guilty of a lot more than other networks.  I know, we'll have getbiggers without facts saying "nuh uh!"... but we can all point at examples from the last 2 years of FOX making "mistakes" which took a ton of effort.  Unearthing old footage to enlarge mccain crowds... I mean, what, you just happened to have the packed 2000 footage sitting around? 

It seems that FOX does this cheating a lot more than everyone else.  yes, they're #1... and the Patriots were #1 for a long time while cheating their asses off too... ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 03:05:14 PM »
Everyone loves playing 'gotcha' with the media.

When they use old footage to enlarge crowds, "accidentally" change party affiliation, make terrorist insinuations...

Well, it just seems like FOX is guilty of a lot more than other networks.  I know, we'll have getbiggers without facts saying "nuh uh!"... but we can all point at examples from the last 2 years of FOX making "mistakes" which took a ton of effort.  Unearthing old footage to enlarge mccain crowds... I mean, what, you just happened to have the packed 2000 footage sitting around? 

It seems that FOX does this cheating a lot more than everyone else.  yes, they're #1... and the Patriots were #1 for a long time while cheating their asses off too... ;)

?  The issue was whether Fox would hire Olbermann.  Not sure what you're talking about.  If it's the accuracy of their coverage, that's a different subject. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
?  The issue was whether Fox would hire Olbermann.  Not sure what you're talking about.  If it's the accuracy of their coverage, that's a different subject. 

great point.  While obnoxious and full of himself, Olbermann was very good at backing up everything ith facts - until 2009 when he started fudging things to defend obama.

Therefore, his willingness to make broad assumptions and stretch truth means he'd fit in fine there.  it's hard to argue - you're 100% right there, my brother.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 03:16:41 PM »
great point.  While obnoxious and full of himself, Olbermann was very good at backing up everything ith facts - until 2009 when he started fudging things to defend obama.

Therefore, his willingness to make broad assumptions and stretch truth means he'd fit in fine there.  it's hard to argue - you're 100% right there, my brother.

Yeah.  Whatever.  He sucks.  That's why his ratings stink.  That's why nobody watches him (except for maybe liberal hacks).  That's why Fox will never hire him. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
Yeah.  Whatever.  He sucks.  That's why his ratings stink.  That's why nobody watches him (except for maybe liberal hacks).  That's why Fox will never hire him. 

Agreed 100%.  He lacks the journalistic integrity of a Geraldo Rivera.  When the wusses at MSNBC were too scared to reveal US Troop movements on the air, the FOX journalist ignored the law, common sense, and a sense of national pride and mapped out our forces' movements on live television.

yeah, FOX can really pick em ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Agreed 100%.  He lacks the journalistic integrity of a Geraldo Rivera.  When the wusses at MSNBC were too scared to reveal US Troop movements on the air, the FOX journalist ignored the law, common sense, and a sense of national pride and mapped out our forces' movements on live television.

yeah, FOX can really pick em ;)

Actually, he lacks the intelligence, likeability, and common sense to win his time slot, and keep his job on a lousy network. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2010, 03:43:26 PM »
i dont get it. Were you under the impression i was an esq?

I was under the impression you were studying to be a doctor.  Is that correct?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 03:45:31 PM »
Actually, he lacks the intelligence, likeability, and common sense to win his time slot, and keep his job on a lousy network. 
terroist fist bump