Author Topic: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"  (Read 8994 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2010, 01:38:35 PM »
I dont understand how thats even allowed by law to be in your contract.What,if you have a job,the company owns you?How is that even legal?

If he agrees to accept 30 Million over 5 years, which is what I believe it was, they can definately get him to agree to that. 

Shit - I'll sign up for that any day! 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2010, 01:39:45 PM »
I dont understand how thats even allowed by law to be in your contract.What,if you have a job,the company owns you?How is that even legal?

I'm puzzled as well. I've often been of the opinion that any clauses that violate the law, or contradict the law, are null & void, and therefore unenforceable. Maybe it's a ratings ploy?
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2010, 01:40:57 PM »
agreed.  the minute you let broadcasters donate... you have them start giving softball Qs, etc.  It's pretty shady.  And it's only 2300... you're telling me he couldn't have let a friend do it?  His ego made him donate.

Ha,ha,ha are you kidding me?If Olberman threw any softer the ball would simply fall out of his hand.Still waiting for that hard hitting Hannity interview with a conservative as well.

The amount of money makes no difference,we are in America we should have the right to do what we want.Now,if he donated on company time,using a company computer,I might agree,but if he was home doing it on his time,thats just not right.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
I'm puzzled as well. I've often been of the opinion that any clauses that violate the law, or contradict the law, are null & void, and therefore unenforceable. Maybe it's a ratings ploy?

Its not illegal to agree not to contribute to politicians if you are a newsperson.  

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
Its not illegal to agree not to contribute to politicians if you are a newsperson.  

My goodness,this man is NOT a newsperson!He is an opinion person.There is nothing newsworthy on his show.He offers opinions on the news ,just like Hannity.Again,perhaps if it was Brian Williams who needs to give the impression that he is unbiased[I still dont like it]but this guy is the opposite of a newsperson.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »
My goodness,this man is NOT a newsperson!He is an opinion person.There is nothing newsworthy on his show.He offers opinions on the news ,just like Hannity.Again,perhaps if it was Brian Williams who needs to give the impression that he is unbiased[I still dont like it]but this guy is the opposite of a newsperson.

The point is, and I see what you are trying to say, is that even if he was the camera man, if  it was in his contract that he cannot donate to politicians and he did, the same result would have happened.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2010, 02:38:55 PM »
TV Newser: “Insiders” say Olbermann won’t be back
Hot Air ^ | NOVEMBER 4, 2010 | ALLAHPUNDIT

Nothing concrete, but scratching an ego this fragile might well cause it to crack and fall apart.

Olbermann, who signed a four-year, $30 million contract extension in Nov. 2008, has left MSNBC once before.

In the late 1990′s, Olbermann had a program on MSNBC called “The Big Show.” In 1998, he left the network after protesting the incessant coverage of the Monica Lewinsky scandal. He ended up joining , of all places, Fox Sports. Olbermann was wooed back to MSNBC during the run-up to the Iraq War when MSNBC had a show called “Countdown: Iraq” hosted by Lester Holt. That show morphed into “Countdown with Keith Olbermann.”

Insiders we’ve talked to say Olbermann won’t be back. The question is whether he’ll leave or MSNBC keeps him off the air.

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
I have to say I'm with Billy on this one. I can understand a restriction on a network, ...but on an individual?
I wouldn't have a problem if the policy is: "Make your donation but keep your mouth shut", but to disallow financial contributions imo is too restrictive. Yes, he's a newscaster, but he's also a citizen who imo should not be disenfranchised from participating in the political processes that exist. It's a stupid rule. What's next? To say they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

it wasn't that he gave money but that he didn't get prior approval to do so

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »
it wasn't that he gave money but that he didn't get prior approval to do so

Sucks for him. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V

James

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
Please, don’t let him return to Sunday Night Football.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »
Sucks for him. 

he just gave the money a few days ago and it was small amounts.

seems like he either just forgot or was unaware of the rule.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2010, 04:12:06 PM »
Please, don’t let him return to Sunday Night Football.
THIS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can simply not watch his ignorant arrogant ass when he is msnbc but when he hosts sunday night football I am forced to subject myself to this deusche bag of a person...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2010, 04:23:59 PM »
how hard do you think O'rielly is celebrating tonight?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
how hard do you think O'rielly is celebrating tonight?
iono I think FOX used him like stewart uses FOX whether or not you agree with him olbeirman said and had some guests that said some ignorant retarted shit on his show...

Gave FOX something to rail against...now all they have is matthews...not that he in of himself isnt enough to fill a months worth of commercial free programming  :D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »
iono I think FOX used him like stewart uses FOX whether or not you agree with him olbeirman said and had some guests that said some ignorant retarted shit on his show...

Gave FOX something to rail against...now all they have is matthews...not that he in of himself isnt enough to fill a months worth of commercial free programming  :D
Matthews is dingy but I don't dislike him.  I though Olbermann was ok during the Bush years but then when I saw he was willing to do the same thing for Obama that he was bitching about others doing, he just became a sack of shit at that point.  Odonnel was a sack of shit from day one.  I'll never listen to him after that crap he pulled with Peter Schiff. AND THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD ON MSNBC IMO IS RACHAEL MADCOW.  I truly couldn't stand her when she was on the radio then she got her own show ::)  With all that said, I'm equally turned off by the spewing puke out of Fox News.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:13 PM »
Matthews is dingy but I don't dislike him.  I though Olbermann was ok during the Bush years but then when I saw he was willing to do the same thing for Obama that he was bitching about others doing, he just became a sack of shit at that point.  Odonnel was a sack of shit from day one.  I'll never listen to him after that crap he pulled with Peter Schiff. AND THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD ON MSNBC IMO IS RACHAEL MADCOW.  I truly couldn't stand her when she was on the radio then she got her own show ::)  With all that said, I'm equally turned off by the spewing puke out of Fox News.
maybe im mistaken but who was the "tingle up my leg" comment and the latest bachman interview this past week? matthews or odonnel?

if its matthews and you say you dont dislike that piece of shit of a human being I dont know what to say to you hugo...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
maybe im mistaken but who was the "tingle up my leg" comment and the latest bachman interview this past week? matthews or odonnel?

if its matthews and you say you dont dislike that piece of shit of a human being I dont know what to say to you hugo...
that's why I said he's dingy.  I don't watch him and I'm not about to get all wound up over his silly gay tingles lol.  what, it's not enough for you that I can't stand the rest of them over there at msnbc?  all or nothing for you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »
Now this just made my day.   :)  I hope they fire him.  He's a grade A hypocrite. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 08:32:53 AM »
MSNBC is dead wrong for this

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:55 AM »

if its in his contract - screw him.   Tough shit on him - he signed a 5 year 30 million dollar contract and if he breached it - oh well kieth. 

BTW - if Beck donated money to candidates and fox let him go would you feel the same way? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »

How so?  He violated the terms of his contract.  He also put his common sense and integrity in his back pocket. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 08:42:48 AM »
he violated his contract.

if he gives $ to candidates, snorts coke off a strippers ass on video, or is caught in a hotel room with a dead girl or a live boy...

he broke the terms of his contract.  it's that simple.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »

if its in his contract - screw him.   Tough shit on him - he signed a 5 year 30 million dollar contract and if he breached it - oh well kieth. 

BTW - if Beck donated money to candidates and fox let him go would you feel the same way? 

Yes...simply because im about real freedoms... If Glen Beck donated money to a Republican than thats his right as an American Citizen. Dude...its his business. Who gives a fuck

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 08:45:22 AM »
Yes...simply because im about real freedoms... If Glen Beck donated money to a Republican than thats his right as an American Citizen. Dude...its his business. Who gives a fuck

What freedoms did he lose?  He can donate to whomever he wants.  He just has to go work for someone else.