Author Topic: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"  (Read 9016 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Keith Olbermann suspended from MSNBC "Indefinately"
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »
i agree they were just looking for a reason to dump him.  making a few small donations, who gives a shit about that.  Billy has a good point there.

Hugo - obviously I am way to the right - however - I am the type that will watch cable news if its good.  MSNBC is just awful TV.  

Everyone knows that typically right wingers will watch more cable news than left wingers and that MSNBC simply is only appealing to a tiny miniroty of people even likely to watch.  

they need to change it up if they want better ratings or viewrship.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »
You should hear the libs on Huffington Post. Talk about weeping and gnashing of teeth!!

They're wailing more about Olbermann getting axed than they are about the beating the Dems took Tuesday.

Let the lamentations continue.

Great week for many of us.   ;D

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
You should hear the libs on Huffington Post. Talk about weeping and gnashing of teeth!!

They're wailing more about Olbermann getting axed than they are about the beating the Dems took Tuesday.

Let the lamentations continue.

They should just hire him and make it a full on orgy of stupidity.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »
They should just hire him and make it a full on orgy of stupidity.

The prob,e  with MSNBC is that is is so blatantly one sided all the time with FAR left borning commentators. 

Keith O and Rachel are awful.  they are not funny, not entertaing, not informative, and their guests are all of the same exact demographic - far left dweebs from the upper west side of NYC. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
I agree with that and there are few human beings I hate more.But the guy is an opinion maker,not a news guy.He is a blatant lib who shills for libs,why shouldnt he be allowed to give money to libs?What doi you think helps libs running for office more?Olbermann shilling for them on a totally liberal network everynight,or him giving 2,500 dollars?

I think it's a very good decision by MSNBC.

Political reporters should do unbiased reporting.

Hopefully Olbermanns departure will be a trend that other networks will follow.

Shows like Larry King or similar are much better - where people from all political sides are invited to share their views.

Another example is Meet the press, great setup.
As empty as paradise

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »
The prob,e  with MSNBC is that is is so blatantly one sided all the time with FAR left borning commentators. 

Keith O and Rachel are awful.  they are not funny, not entertaing, not informative, and their guests are all of the same exact demographic - far left dweebs from the upper west side of NYC. 

Probably explains why they annihilated in the ratings on election night.  :o

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
So they should just throw out ethics because you know, they are stupid and stuff?

Good call.

No, I would think clauses like that belong in contracts for regular reporters and news givers.  But opinion shows by their nature have a bias so I'm not sure they should be held to the same standards.

In any event, I think you're right about the fact that it was in his contract, right or wrong, and he'll be held accountable.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »
hahaha, stupid turd.....

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2010, 12:45:11 PM »
50% of Americans think the MSM is too liberal.
and the other 50% think its what

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »
and the other 50% think its what

Something like 26% think it's too conservative and the rest think it's just right. According to a poll Gallup conducted at the end of September, at least. I don't have the link right now, though.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
Distrust in U.S. Media Edges Up to Record High

Perceptions of liberal bias still far outnumber perceptions of conservative bias

by Lymari Morales

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- For the fourth straight year, the majority of Americans say they have little or no trust in the mass media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly. The 57% who now say this is a record high by one percentage point.

The 43% of Americans who, in Gallup's annual Governance poll, conducted Sept. 13-16, 2010, express a great deal or fair amount of trust ties the record low, and is far worse than three prior Gallup readings on this measure from the 1970s.

Trust in the media is now slightly higher than the record-low trust in the legislative branch but lower than trust in the executive and judicial branches of government, even though trust in all three branches is down sharply this year. These findings also further confirm a separate Gallup poll that found little confidence in newspapers and television specifically.

Nearly half of Americans (48%) say the media are too liberal, tying the high end of the narrow 44% to 48% range recorded over the past decade. One-third say the media are just about right while 15% say they are too conservative. Overall, perceptions of bias have remained quite steady over this tumultuous period of change for the media, marked by the growth of cable and Internet news sources. Americans' views now are in fact identical to those in 2004, despite the many changes in the industry since then.

Democrats and liberals remain far more likely than other political and ideological groups to trust the media and to perceive no bias.

Lower-income Americans and those with less education are generally more likely to trust the media than are those with higher incomes and more education. A subgroup analysis of these data suggests that three demographic groups key to advertisers -- adults aged 18 to 29, Americans making at least $75,000 per year, and college graduates -- lost more trust in the media in the past year than other groups, but the sample sizes in this survey are too small to say so definitively.

Bottom Line

Gallup's annual update on trust in the mass media finds Americans' views entrenched -- with a record-high 57% expressing little to no trust in the media to report the news fully, accurately, and fairly, and 63% perceiving bias in one direction or the other. At the same time, the steady nature of these views stands in contrast to Americans' views of the three branches of government, which are all down sharply this year. Thus, in an environment in which few institutions elicit high levels of trust, it appears the media are neither gaining nor losing significant ground -- but are just managing to hold steady.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/143267/distrust-media-edges-record-high.aspx

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 12:55:02 PM »
Dang! This poor guy is having a terrible week.   He wasted all that money, the Democrats lost the mid-term elections, and now he gets suspended from his job too?   :'(

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
Dang! This poor guy is having a terrible week.   He wasted all that money, the Democrats lost the mid-term elections, and now he gets suspended from his job too?   :'(

Considering he makes that in about an hour of work, I doubt he'll be sweating it. I'm sure some of the other far leftist media groups will be happy to pick him up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2010, 12:58:34 PM »
Considering he makes that in about an hour of work, I doubt he'll be sweating it. I'm sure some of the other far leftist media groups will be happy to pick him up.

Not any more.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »

MSNBC is unwatchable.    I'm serious - i can stomach CNN and Fox for a short period of time, but MSNBBC is just a 24 7 train wreck.  

Morning Joe has its moments depending on the guests, but by and large its awful.    

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:43 PM »
Guys like Beck, Olbermann, O'Reilly, Limbaugh et al are TV and Radio pollution.

Love how they usually show a clip of a politician, and has a sidebar next to it with "Talking Points".

The Cliff Notes for the rest of us.
So we don't have to form an opinion of our own.

Thanks guys.

Thanks a fcuking lot.

Political commentators should be kept on a tight leash. Gloria Borgen is a about the only one who does it the way it should be.

Minimalistic. Precise. And somewhat boring.
As empty as paradise

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 01:23:35 PM »

I think it's a very good decision by MSNBC.

Political reporters should do unbiased reporting.

Hopefully Olbermanns departure will be a trend that other networks will follow.

Shows like Larry King or similar are much better - where people from all political sides are invited to share their views.

Another example is Meet the press, great setup.

He is not a political reporter.Thats the point.He is a far left liberal shill who openly campaigns for libs on his show every night.He is an opinion guy,everyone knows it.When you watch him you know he is giving his far left opinion.Just as when you listen to Rush you know your getting a far right opinion.I could see if it was Brian Williams,but Keith Olberman?

I also find it offensive that teachers cant pole dance in their spare time.I thought this was America.I thought we had the right to pursue life and liberty and happiness?When did we get to the point that our job can tell us what to do with our money,time and what we do for fun?I put in 8 hours,thats it,after that my life is mine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 01:27:44 PM »
maybe he has contract talks coming up, and this gives him a handy "out" for departing MSNBC without being axed.

This way, he was fired "for his beliefs" and can get a job in a thinktank or a lib radio show host, etc - instead of the fact his schtick just doesn't work with libs in office. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2010, 01:28:35 PM »
maybe he has contract talks coming up, and this gives him a handy "out" for departing MSNBC without being axed.

This way, he was fired "for his beliefs" and can get a job in a thinktank or a lib radio show host, etc - instead of the fact his schtick just doesn't work with libs in office. 

I read he just signed a big one a year ago or something.  there is no way he did not know about this. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:02 PM »
Who freaking cares if political commentators give money to candidates?Geeze,Olbermann shills for libs every single night,is it a surprise he gives money to them as well.I thought in America we had the right to free association.This is stupid.I could see if he was a legit news guy,the guy is a political commentator who gives opinions.Another sad example of a loss of freedom in America.

I have to say I'm with Billy on this one. I can understand a restriction on a network, ...but on an individual?
I wouldn't have a problem if the policy is: "Make your donation but keep your mouth shut", but to disallow financial contributions imo is too restrictive. Yes, he's a newscaster, but he's also a citizen who imo should not be disenfranchised from participating in the political processes that exist. It's a stupid rule. What's next? To say they shouldn't be allowed to vote?
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »

He is only suspended.Remember he was "suspended" a couple of years ago from doing election night shows[he and mathews] but there they were this year again.He will be back on the air soon.Maybe he is going to rehab and this is the excuse,because to think like him,he must be on drugs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:52 PM »
I have to say I'm with Billy on this one. I can understand a restriction on a network, ...but on an individual?
I wouldn't have a problem if the policy is: "Make your donation but keep your mouth shut", or to but to disallow financial contributions imo is too restrictive. Yes, he's a newscaster, but he's also a citizen who imo should not be disenfranchised from participating in the political processes that exist. It's a stupid rule. What's next? To say they shouldn't be allowed to vote?

If its in his contract - than its on him.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2010, 01:35:53 PM »

agreed.  the minute you let broadcasters donate... you have them start giving softball Qs, etc.  It's pretty shady.  And it's only 2300... you're telling me he couldn't have let a friend do it?  His ego made him donate.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »

I don't dispute that. If he agreed to it, he can be held accountable. I'm just saying it's a stupid clause.
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »

I dont understand how thats even allowed by law to be in your contract.What,if you have a job,the company owns you?How is that even legal?