Author Topic: Sadly, it never happened  (Read 7838 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Sadly, it never happened
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 09:58:13 AM »
That's what I was thinking..

There's nothing that a professional bodybuilder would like to do more than to take time out of their busy (Sleep, Eat, Workout, Inject, Sleep, etc..) schedule to speak to average folks like Howard regarding training and whether or not bodybuilding has been tainted by the presence of anabolics.

9 out of 10 IFBB pros are incapable of formulating coherent thoughts or, better yet, expressing themselves through the written word.  

Just because Bob Chick and Shawn Ray are the exception in that they both are able to read, write and participate in the forums, doesn't mean that the rest are capable of doing the same.

In my experience when dealing with these "pros", I've noticed that most can barely keep a thought going long enough to actually provide any meaningful insight into whatever is being discussed.

Howard, if you want training advice from the pros, ask their trainers, because most pros don't follow their own routines, they pay for a trainer to give them that.

If you want to know what cycle they are running, ask their suppliers, because most pros just do whatever their pharmaceutical providers have suggested is in style with their counterpart pros.

Everything else is just (Sleep, Eat, Poo, Inject), well, pretty easy to pick up....

"1"
All true , but I was thinking that if a fan was polite and brief, it would be a good grassroots way for a pro to build a fan base.

I was a member of a running blog where a lot of us actually met up at big marathon / or 10k types events.
The vast majirty here don't want to come out of hiding for whatever reason.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:39 AM »
All true , but I was thinking that if a fan was polite and brief, it would be a good grassroots way for a pro to build a fan base.

I was a member of a running blog where a lot of us actually met up at big marathon / or 10k types events.
Howard for some reason you remind me of this guy on YouTube who would get young, muscular, ripped up black dudes to "pose" for him on his shitty camera. Even though he was fatter version of Al Sharpton, it was the Ultimate schmoemanship that was disturbing. You don't do that with your HS students, do you?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2010, 10:08:16 AM »

You stand corrected..

I'll help out in any way that I can.  ;D

"1"

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2010, 10:43:06 AM »
Sev, Im pretty sure kiwiol was sarcastic as fuck right there.  ;)
lol

I have issues today apparently

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:00 AM »
Howard for some reason you remind me of this guy on YouTube who would get young, muscular, ripped up black dudes to "pose" for him on his shitty camera. Even though he was fatter version of Al Sharpton, it was the Ultimate schmoemanship that was disturbing. You don't do that with your HS students, do you?

it's only gay....
Deep Tissue Massage

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2010, 10:46:02 AM »
lol

I have issues today apparently

Perhaps the mind police are to blame..... ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2010, 10:46:51 AM »
Yes a forum where pro bodybuilders post about being natural, how they train and all the otc supplements they take would be great....

;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2010, 10:58:20 AM »
Howie, you need to lower your standards.  Oh, wait.....

You interact with Bob Chick, why keep beating a dead horse?  Trust me, you don't want to interact with the rest of them, most can barely put together a coherent sentence.  Bob is probably one out of a group of three pros that can actually hold an intellectual conversation for longer than five seconds.

Creepy Howard, just creepy...

What do you expect Howard?  Grown adults with actual careers, families and aspirations don't really interest themselves much with professional bodybuilding.  The vast majority of fans of this sport consist of the same fans that you would find at a comic book convention or a rehab center catering to high school physics teachers with an inclination towards questionable interests (i.e. see Howard's comments regarding the "if there is grass on it" approach to women).

Resource for what Howard?  Since Arnold's prime, bodybuilding techniques have not evolved.  There are only so many ways you can work your biceps and the huge gap, dare I say black hole in between topics, needs to be filled with some form of comic relief.

I don't know Howard, you are starting to worry me.  I think you should get a boyfriend and spend some time away from the boards.
"1"

great comeback i have a new hero.
F

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 11:51:37 AM »
many pros have posted here over the years

bob chic still does

Well, he has nothing else to do with his life...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »

LOL< I knew that was going to part of the ripping I would take on this issue  :D

Ok , let's get serious for a minute. For example:
Wouldn't it be cool, for fans of Jay ( or any top pro) to meet at the Olympia  and cheer him on as a group.
Most other pro sports have that and it is about being a fan of the sport, NOT sex.
Of course that would mean, you would have to be YOURSELF not some virtual fictional character on a forum.

Now, by being myself here , I got to meet and talk with actual pros like Bob Chick, Shawn, Ray, etc

Obviously the majority of silly and negative posters don't go to actual contests and are not real fans of bodybuilding.
Sadly while some call me a loser with no life hehehe. I exist and have an actual REAL bodybuilding life. I am NOT just some heckler on a forum.
I had the balls to be me and not hide behind a cpu...for better or worse , I am , who I really am.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 01:16:10 PM »
Well, he has nothing else to do with his life...
Bob knows how to gain a following and keep his name out there.
Most are clueless about the business end and promo.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 01:18:56 PM »
LOL< I knew that was going to part of the ripping I would take on this issue  :D

Wouldn't it be cool, for fans of Jay ( or any top pro) to meet at the Olympia  and cheer him on as a group.

lol,,

why dont you try to get yourslef insted a good gh source with prescription,,good seizan or even quality china for 200-250 a kit insted of running to watch jason? get it with some testosterone at 1 gram a week and you will be standing on stage in no time competing masters and probably doing well friend,,

gh15 approved

fallen angel

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
it would be the same for a Hollywood celeb or anyone popular within their industry. The internet is bombarded with idiots that can say whatever they want without having to pay for it. It's a cowards haven

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2010, 06:21:53 AM »
lol,,

why dont you try to get yourslef insted a good gh source with prescription,,good seizan or even quality china for 200-250 a kit insted of running to watch jason? get it with some testosterone at 1 gram a week and you will be standing on stage in no time competing masters and probably doing well friend,,

gh15 approved

Thanks for the  advice GH15, but I am on HRT in the form of one prescribed pack of Androgel which keeps my test levels in the "ideal male" range of the mid 600's mg/dl. While a little bit "extra vit S" but help, I won't do it now , as I will be 52 in a couple weeks.
I will compete "as is" in a regional show next April -May and again in the fall.
Thanks again for the supoortive tips and advice, I appreciatte it more than you realize.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2010, 06:26:16 AM »
When getbig and other bodybuilding forums were launched I had high hopes.
Actual pro bodybuilders would interact with avg guys like me.
Bodybuilding fans would be able meet on line and then meet in person at big contests, etc.

That never happened. The forums became a mass of faceless characters, bent on making the forums, virtual Jerry Springer events.
EVERY forum evolved into some version of this. The pros stopped getting involved due to the silly atmosphere.

Sadly, what could have been a wonderful, positive resource, became a joke.
Now the forums are still good for a laugh and killing time, but that is about it.
Such is life. ::)

look, there is only so much to discuss in regards to bodybuilding. at some point you end up discussing the same shit over and over.

as for pros, plenty of pros are on getbig and post and/or read, they may not do it under their real names but they are here.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
Bob knows how to gain a following and keep his name out there.
Most are clueless about the business end and promo.
go on ironhistory.com to discuss iron history intelligently with no jerks allowed. go on ironage.us to discuss bodybuilding with former greats like bob galucci, richard baldwin, bill grant, joe meeko rip without any in fighting. come on here to rip and be rippped it's all in fun.what are you gonna learn from pros that you don't already know except for there drug cycles. have a nice day.
F

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2010, 02:32:02 PM »
go on ironhistory.com to discuss iron history intelligently with no jerks allowed. go on ironage.us to discuss bodybuilding with former greats like bob galucci, richard baldwin, bill grant, joe meeko rip without any in fighting. come on here to rip and be rippped it's all in fun.what are you gonna learn from pros that you don't already know except for there drug cycles. have a nice day.
I know well of the ironage site. Good post.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2010, 03:45:25 AM »
I try to lay off Howard. To me, he doesn't seem like a bad guy and I try to be tolerate of a lot of the idiosyncrasies of people here because this is after all a bodybuilding board. An increasingly strange and creepy subculture.

But this just really made me cringe

Wouldn't it be cool, for fans of Jay ( or any top pro) to meet at the Olympia  and cheer him on as a group.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2010, 03:50:33 AM »
When getbig and other bodybuilding forums were launched I had high hopes.
Actual pro bodybuilders would interact with avg guys like me.
Bodybuilding fans would be able meet on line and then meet in person at big contests, etc.

That never happened. The forums became a mass of faceless characters, bent on making the forums, virtual Jerry Springer events.
EVERY forum evolved into some version of this. The pros stopped getting involved due to the silly atmosphere.

Sadly, what could have been a wonderful, positive resource, became a joke.
Now the forums are still good for a laugh and killing time, but that is about it.
Such is life. ::)

What would be the overwhelming interest in interacting with some drug abusing mess, who can barely construct a coherant sentence?

What type of constructive advice could anybody in the industry give to anybody?

you are a fucking low life schmoe and this little utopia that you had envisioned is a straight up fag joke.

Trans Milkshake.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2010, 04:23:12 AM »

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2010, 07:10:24 AM »

You interact with Bob Chick, why keep beating a dead horse?  Trust me, you don't want to interact with the rest of them, most can barely put together a coherent sentence.  Bob is probably one out of a group of three pros that can actually hold an intellectual conversation for longer than five seconds.

"1"

I think we have a winner here....This post is spot on.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2010, 08:16:06 AM »

A better possible filter: the posters would have to pay to participate (competing pros could post for free).  Charging people to participate would filter out a lot of kids who would not want to part with money they do not have.  It wouldn’t have to be expensive but enough to keep the kids out.  Of course, many gym rats might be disinclined to cough up the dough as well.  :-\

Ah well, as you say… sadly, it never happened.

Yes, and maybe a live video chat where pros could pose and take suggestions from other board members.  This could really be quite a resource for BBing "enthusiasts"

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2010, 08:20:33 AM »
No harm done.  If you want to spend your spare time "thinking" "considering" and "figuring" out who I find attractive instead scoring with your woman of that's your business.  ::)

Epic gaydar fail.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2010, 08:27:46 AM »
why is this guy complaining?

I mean, I"m on here and i'm a pretty important dude.  I once met JJ from "Goodtimes"

That's funny, I just saw JJ at the Golds Gym where I train a couple of weeks ago. Living on the road has not been good for that dude.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2010, 03:57:39 PM »

Joe Meeko. RIP. A truly good man.