Author Topic: US Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier....  (Read 7044 times)

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
Re: US Army Gets First Sikh Enlisted Soldier....
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »
He really needs to find himself a camo turban or he's gonna get picked off in the jungle.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
Maybe that Shushant Kapur.  I miss him
No Worries 4 me

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
They also don't like to speak, neither. I've had a few near me, and you say, "Good morning" or "hi", and not speaking seems to be the MO.

way to lump in a group from your experiences of the 3 or 4 youve tried to talk to ::)

maybe they just didnt like you.... :-\

Anyway, how does he wear his ballistics helmet?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2010, 11:30:57 PM »
way to lump in a group from your experiences of the 3 or 4 youve tried to talk to ::)

maybe they just didnt like you.... :-\

Anyway, how does he wear his ballistics helmet?
try 3 familes worth

Parker, as a sikh myself I would be happy to dispel any rumours, for starters wearing turban is a choice, at least 50% of us are clean shaven includiing myself, also we like crown royal and water, it's like grape drink to us, as for the good morning part maybe they were just shy? we are usually very friendly people.
I'm am very cordial person, and I always speak, was raised if someone speaks to you you speak back, such as good morning...happened on several occassions with more than one person. And then not saying thank you when you hold the door either. Or saying that their tire was flat, due to the temp. dropping overnight.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2010, 11:38:55 PM »
try 3 familes worth

I'm am very cordial person, and I always speak, was raised if someone speaks to you you speak back, such as good morning...happened on several occassions with more than one person. And then not saying thank you when you hold the door either. Or saying that their tire was flat, due to the temp. dropping overnight.
They saw a guy behaving properly, and were in shock?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2010, 12:05:15 AM »
They saw a guy behaving properly, and were in shock?
Where I was living there were tons of us that "behaved properly".

buc1994

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2010, 12:09:39 AM »
"During training, he wore a camouflage turban under his Kevlar helmet. He used petroleum jelly to get a tight grip between his beard and gas mask, and was able to keep his hair clean under all conditions, meeting all the military's concerns about training and appearance." ~~From the online version of the Canadian Press.

My point of view as a soldier currently serving in Afghanistan - If the guy wants to grab his ruck and join in, I say let him.  The Army gives waivers for damn near everything these days.  If he can shoot, move and communicate let him serve honorably.

~buck

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2010, 01:24:01 AM »
good thread, why was it sent here?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2010, 01:33:23 AM »

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2010, 05:07:09 AM »
I see some freindly fire coming

ROFL!!!!!!

I can just picture the initiations this kid's gonna go through...

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:09 AM »
good thread, why was it sent here?

That's a good question..

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2010, 06:42:58 AM »
That's a good question..
well at least it's out of the Z.  whoever asked for it to be moved and whoever moved it, thanks.  This thread wasn't Z board material.  and no, it wasn't me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2010, 06:50:03 AM »
Interesting.  At first blush, I'm o.k. with this. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2010, 06:55:27 AM »
I think it's ok too...  I have no problems with this and the guy seems eager to serve.  More power to him if this is what he wants.  I've mentioned this before to others who said they couldn't join because of this or that but really wanted to.  The waiver power is pretty strong and actually there are a lot of waivers granted.  If you really want it, there's a fair chance you can get a waver.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2010, 10:42:23 AM »
At least it's in politics now, much more appropriate than the Z.
What this guy is doing is very honorable, people might call him a mole or even a muslim (since many ignoramuses associate the beard or the turban with islam- and I'd guess the guy would try to kill anyone who said that to his face) but the way I see it is that he's a US citizen and he serves his country. Being a Sikh is positive I think, the Sikhs as a whole have never been hostile to the US or pretty much the whole world apart from muslim invaders and FWIW everyone I've met were proud and honorable individuals and not as dogmatic as their appearance would have you believe.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
Some of these guys are fucked in the head as well.

Immediately after Operation Blue Star, authorities were unprepared for how quickly extremism spread and gained support in Canada, with extremists "...threatening to kill thousand of Hindus by a number of means, including blowing up Air India flights."[50] [51]

The 1985 bombing of Air India Flight 182 off Ireland, the deadliest aircraft terror attack until the September 11, 2001 attacks, and the attempted bombing of Air India Flight 301, were alleged by the Canadian government to have been carried out by Sikh extremists. However, Inderjit Singh Reyat, of the ISYF, who was found guilty of manslaughter for making the bombs, is the only individual convicted in these attacks as of 2 May 2010. [52] [53] [54]

Canadian Member of Parliament Ujjal Dosanjh, a moderate Sikh, stated that he and others who spoke out against Sikh extremism in the 1980s faced a "reign of terror".

1990s
GlobalSecurity.org reported that, in the early 1990s, journalists who did not conform to militant-approved behavior were targeted for death. It also reports that there were indiscriminate attacks designed to cause extensive civilian casualties: derailing trains, exploding bombs in markets, restaurants, and other civilian areas between Delhi and Punjab. It further reported that militants assassinated many of those moderate Sikh leaders who opposed them and sometimes killed rivals within the militant group. It also stated that many civilians who had been kidnapped by extremists were murdered if the militants' demands were not met. Finally, it reports that Hindus left Punjab by the thousands. [24]

In August 1991, Julio Ribeiro, then Indian Ambassador to Romania[56] was attacked and wounded in a Bucharest assassination attempt by gunmen[57] identified as Punjabi Sikhs.[21]

Sikh groups claimed responsibility for the 1991 kidnapping of the Romanian chargé d'affaires in New Delhi, Liviu Radu. This appeared to be retaliation for Romanian arrests of KLF members suspected of the attempted assassination of Julio Ribeiro, then 62, the Indian ambassador to Romania, in Bucharest.[21][58] Radu was released unharmed after Sikh politicians criticized the action.[59]

In October, 1991, The New York Times reported that violence had increased sharply in the months leading up to the kidnapping, with Indian security forces or Sikh militants killing 20 or more people per day, and that the militants had been "gunning down" family members of police officers.[21]

On 24 January 1995,[60] Tarsem Singh Purewal, editor of Britain's Punjabi-language weekly "Des Pardes", was killed as he was closing his office in Southall. There is speculation that the murder was related to Sikh extremism, which Purewal may have been investigating. Another theory is that he was killed in retaliation for revealing the identity of a young rape victim. [61] [62]

On 31 August 1995, Chief minister Beant Singh was killed by a suicide bomber. Babbar Khalsa claimed responsibility for the assassination, but "security authorities" were reported to be doubtful of the truth of that claim. [63] A 2006 press release by the Embassy of the United States in New Delhi indicated that the responsible organization was the Khalistan Commando Force.[64]

On 18 November 1998, Journalist Tara Singh Hayer, was gunned down. The publisher of the "Indo-Canadian Times," a Canadian Sikh and once-vocal advocate of the armed struggle for Khalistan, he had criticized the bombing of Air India flight 182, and was to testify about a conversation he overheard concerning the bombing. Because of his murder, his 15 October 1998, statement to police was not admissible at the trial of Ajaib Singh Bagri. [60] [65][66][67]

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2010, 10:03:27 PM »
As positive as some of the feedback posted about Sikhs are, the fact remains you can't paint an entire group of people with the same broad brush. Like any other group of people, you've got your honest, upstanding, law abiding, patriotic, productive individuals; a credit to any community, ...and you'll have your radical extremists, willing to resort to terrorism to achieve their agenda. I live in Toronto, where we have a large Sikh community.They are composed of all types and everything in between, ...kind of like most any racial, religious, or ethnic group under the sun.
w

buc1994

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2010, 10:56:56 PM »
As positive as some of the feedback posted about Sikhs are, the fact remains you can't paint an entire group of people with the same broad brush. Like any other group of people, you've got your honest, upstanding, law abiding, patriotic, productive individuals; a credit to any community, ...and you'll have your radical extremists, willing to resort to terrorism to achieve their agenda. I live in Toronto, where we have a large Sikh community.They are composed of all types and everything in between, ...kind of like most any racial, religious, or ethnic group under the sun.
This is a very good point.  Every society, sect, race, tribe, community is made up of all different types of people; assholes and heroes alike.  Let him be judged on merit.  If he holds his own, more power to him; if he falls on his face, he won't be the first.  I'm happy to fight along side any who are willing to pick up a weapon and help defend.
~buck

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2010, 08:41:29 AM »
This is a very good point.  Every society, sect, race, tribe, community is made up of all different types of people; assholes and heroes alike.  Let him be judged on merit.  If he holds his own, more power to him; if he falls on his face, he won't be the first.  I'm happy to fight along side any who are willing to pick up a weapon and help defend.

Thanks for your service.

buc1994

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2010, 05:58:18 PM »
Thanks for your service.

Thank you, I appreciate that.
~buck