Author Topic: Dem. Senator calls for taking MSNBC & Fox News off the air.  (Read 4466 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Dem. Senator calls for taking MSNBC & Fox News off the air.
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 03:09:01 PM »
LOL truth hurts doesnt it jagson?

truth is most ppl here were up in arms about the patriot act, right and left

If anyone cares to dig that far back, ...they're welcome to do so, ...but I think there were many on the right who felt the Bush regime could do no wrong, and justified these attrocities with "Well if you have nothing to hide?"
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
If anyone cares to dig that far back, ...they're welcome to do so, ...but I think there were many on the right who felt the Bush regime could do no wrong, and justified these attrocities with "Well if you have nothing to hide?"

So forget about the fact Democrats overwhelmingly supported the Patriot Act. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:26 PM »
So forget about the fact Democrats overwhelmingly supported the Patriot Act. 

Fvck the politicians! They're all a bunch of snivelling whores whose only concern is getting re-elected!
I'm talking about civilians, ...the ones getting the wool pulled over their eyes. They need to wake up!
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
Fvck the politicians! They're all a bunch of snivelling whores whose only concern is getting re-elected!
I'm talking about civilians, ...the ones getting the wool pulled over their eyes. They need to wake up!

You're talking about civilians?  Then why did you falsely claim the Patriot Act was Republican legislation? 

The bottom line is when the Repubs were in power and bringing such things as The Patriot Act, the left was screaming about it while the right was all for it. Now that administrations have changed, and the left has all that power, those on the right scream about expansion of that power...

As I tried to show you, this is absolutely false.  The vote in the Senate was 99 to 1. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 03:28:01 PM »
interesting...

Rockefeller DID NOT VOTE ON THE Telecommunications Act of 1996
http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=104&session=2&vote=00008

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 03:47:54 PM »
You're talking about civilians?  Then why did you falsely claim the Patriot Act was Republican legislation? 

As I tried to show you, this is absolutely false.  The vote in the Senate was 99 to 1. 

I'm not talking about votes in Senate or congress. I'm talking about public sentiment.
The public needs to get past the left/right paradigmn and look at whether it's in the interests of the people
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
I'm not talking about votes in Senate or congress. I'm talking about public sentiment.
The public needs to get past the left/right paradigmn and look at whether it's in the interests of the people

Oh please.  You were absolutely talking about Congressional votes.  "Public sentiment" did not "bring[] such things as The Patriot Act."  And it wasn't the "Repubs [who] were in power" that brought us the Patriot Act.  A bipartisan Congress is responsible for the Patriot Act. 

Your talk about left/right paradigm shifting is disingenuous, because you started your comments with the false premise that Republicans were responsible for the Patriot Act. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »
Oh please.  You were absolutely talking about Congressional votes.

So now you're going to tell me what it was I was talking about?   ::)

"Public sentiment" did not "bring[] such things as The Patriot Act."  And it wasn't the "Repubs [who] were in power" that brought us the Patriot Act.  A bipartisan Congress is responsible for the Patriot Act. 

Your talk about left/right paradigm shifting is disingenuous, because you started your comments with the false premise that Republicans were responsible for the Patriot Act. 

Whatever Kreskin.  ::)

w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
So now you're going to tell me what it was I was talking about?   ::)

Whatever Kreskin.  ::)

No, I quoted you.  You made a false statement.  I tried to help you.  I clearly wasted my time.   

But I get it.  You'd rather sound like a fool and repeat a lie.  More power to you.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
it's what this assclown wants to do to the internet that freaks me out the most

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »
LOL go right ahead, I think most had severe reservations about the patriot act...

you mean like obamas supporters now?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2010, 04:26:54 PM »
LOL jagson, just own up to being wrong when youre presented with facts, ok?

you were undoubtedly talking about politicians, citizens dont bring legislation which is what you brought up...politicians do

reps werent responsible for the patriot act politicians or otherwise...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »
LOL jagson, just own up to being wrong when youre presented with facts, ok?

you were undoubtedly talking about politicians, citizens dont bring legislation which is what you brought up...politicians do

reps werent responsible for the patriot act politicians or otherwise...

I'm talking about public response to intrusive legislation that violates constitutional rights.

If you people cannot get what I'm talking about, or if I have failed to articulate what I'm talking about,
there's nothing more than I can say or add.
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 05:54:41 PM »
I guess Olbermann owned Rockefeller on this.  He put him on the worst persons in the world and pointed out that Rockefeller had told Olbermann that he was a fan of Countdown! lololol....

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 07:58:40 PM »
I'm talking about public response to intrusive legislation that violates constitutional rights.

If you people cannot get what I'm talking about, or if I have failed to articulate what I'm talking about,
there's nothing more than I can say or add.
your comments were more than clear and your back tracking now, i mean i dont think a person with an 160+ IQ would mince words such as you say you did

no matter your wrong either way...the majority of the population had severe reservations about the patriot act

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »
your comments were more than clear and your back tracking now, i mean i dont think a person with an 160+ IQ would mince words such as you say you did

::)

no matter your wrong either way...the majority of the population had severe reservations about the patriot act

possibly, but judging from alot of the commentary about TPA that I saw on GetBig, that was hardly the impression one was left with.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2010, 08:22:56 PM »
::)

possibly, but judging from alot of the commentary about TPA that I saw on GetBig, that was hardly the impression one was left with.
care to show those posts that give you that view point...

since when did getbig become the microcosm of the US poblic sentiment?

I'm not talking about votes in Senate or congress. I'm talking about public sentiment.The public needs to get past the left/right paradigmn and look at whether it's in the interests of the people
why dont you just quit back tracking and admit you were wrong  ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2010, 08:39:46 PM »
care to show those posts that give you that view point...

since when did getbig become the microcosm of the US poblic sentiment?
why dont you just quit back tracking and admit you were wrong  ;)

No I don't care to. If you feel like it... knock yourself out.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
No I don't care to. If you feel like it... knock yourself out.
I see so youre taking the obama administrations approach to debating and simply throwing out ascertions and expecting the other party to disprove them instead of them doing so?

very liberal of you  ;)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 05:36:59 AM »
24kt must be the stupidest poster on this forum. There is no doubt you were trying to pin the Patriot Act solely on the Republican party, you nitwit. YOU WERE NOT REFERRING TO PUBLIC OPINION.  As Beach Bum clearly proved, the Democrats supported the Patriot Act and they must share the responsibility for approving such legislation.

It takes a big person with a sound brain to admit when they are wrong. You obviously don't fit that criteria.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 06:10:23 AM »
I'm not totally sure I like the depiction of historic events in this thread.  Elected dems did vote for the patriot act, but I never saw a liberal voter who supported it or a libertarian, never encountered one lib online in any of the forums I posted that was for the patriot act.  What I did encounter on many occasions were Bush supporters defending it and often aggressively.  Especially in Bush's first term.  Back then there were a multitude of voices on the right for the patriot act and outright mocking anyone who felt the patriot act in any way endangered liberty and the constitution and some of those later discussions were here, I won't name names, they know who they are.  Opposition came especially from those who signed on to the "neoconservative views" for a while.  and I know many don't want to admit they did, but... well, they did... and those fellas on the right largely supported the patriot act and there were plenty of them... There were also plenty of people back then trying to tell the right that they would not like the things being put in place if a lib dems gets in control... But that always fell on deaf ears...

Not intended to piss anyone off, just what I personally remember.