Author Topic: 2011 Los Angeles Fit Expo / NPC Ironman Info  (Read 24137 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
2011 Los Angeles Fit Expo / NPC Ironman Info
« on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »

Chris Faildo, one of the greatest drug free bodybuilders in the history of the NPC, has been added to the Iron Man Magazine Naturally line-up, set for January 29, 2011, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Nicknamed "The Hawaiian Hurriclean", the Honolulu-based Faildo said he first found out about the show after watching Lonnie Teper's video at ironmanmagazine.com. detailing the return of the event, being held in conjunction with the Bodybuilding.com Los Angeles Fitness Expo on January 29-30.

"I was really excited to see John Balik (Iron Man Publisher) was adding a tested contest to the FitExpo," said Faildo, "and I jumped on the phone and called Lonnie, telling him that I would love to guest pose and contribute in any way I can. I think this will be a great contest, with a lot of outstanding physiques on stage, and told him I would be honored to contribute to its success."

Faildo, 44, won both the Lightweight and Welterweight class at the Team Universe, the NPC's drug-tested National Championships, and took the Overall crown in 2007. He also topped the field in the Lightweight division at the USA in 1993, and finished as high as second at the World Amateur Championships. "I still train like I've always have," says Faildo, "and plan to be as good, if not better, than I was when I won the TU." Faildo will also be greeting fans at the Iron Man booth over the weekend, joining another NPC drug free bodybuilding champion, Dave Goodin.

"Chris not only has one of the most symetrical drug-free physiques I've seen in my nearly 50-year involvement with the industry, but he is also one of the greatest posers," says Balik. "And, he's terrific with the fans. Those who will meet him over the weekend will see what I mean."

The official contest entry form is up at the website; competitors can either enter online, or download the form and mail directly to the magazine at 1701 Ives Avenue, Oxnard, Ca. Deadline without a late fee is January 22, 2011.

Online entry form

https://www.ironmanmagazine.com/imnat-form-online.cfm

Competitors with additional questions can contact Teper at tepernews@aol.com, or at 626-403-1232.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: 2011 NPC Ironman Naturally contest - Chris Faildo guest poser
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:38 PM »
His name says it all. "Fail"do.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:42 PM »
Congratulaton,Chris

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »

This will be the first NPC Contest for 2011 in Southern California - will be there taking pics, and enjoying the 2011 Fit Expo.   See some of you there.

The last NPC contest in Southern California is coming up, December 4th in Culver City, California, at the Veteran's Auditorium.   The NPC Excalibur - which I will be at, taking pics, also.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 11:41:20 PM »
Something weird about him and his routine...

Whats up with the bobble-head and the chomping mouth?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:23:12 AM »
All drugs.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 12:33:03 AM »
All drugs.

gh,,anabolics with him are less of a factor even though in there consistsantly its the gh that gets him from little man to larger,, thicker,, and leaner man with muscles

gh15 approved
fallen angel

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 03:01:48 AM »
Chris Faildo, one of the greatest drug free bodybuilders in the history of the NPC, has been added to the Iron Man Magazine Naturally line-up, set for January 29, 2011, at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Sure: as drug free as Keith Richards in 1973.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 08:17:55 AM »
As natural as a white plastic Christmas tree
L

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2011 Los Angeles Fit Expo - Chuck Liddell will be there
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 09:36:36 AM »
First fit expo of the year for me in 2011, right here in my hometown of Los Angeles.  So I have been keeping tabs of this event, especially since there will be an NPC contest attached to it, and also Bodybuilding.com's Bodyspace final competitors, who are flown down here.  I will be here, taking pics and having fun.

So it is cool to see some MMA competitors coming to the event.  Especially Chuck Lidell.

-------------------------------------------------

Press release -->

(November 30, 2010) Arguably the most popular MMA fighter of all time, Chuck Liddell will make a special appearance at the Bodybuilding.com Los Angeles Fitness Expo presented by Subway Restaurants on January 29 and 30, 2010 at The Los Angeles Convention Center, 1201 South Figueroa
Street, West Halls A/B.

"It's an honor to welcome a fighter of Chuck's caliber to the Expo,"said Los Angeles Fitness Expo Executive Director Erin Ferries. "The Iceman's overall reputation and popularity has made him the sport’s most invaluable ambassador, and as a legend, his appearance will fuel our Expo competitors and attendees passion for the sport."

Chuck's background in Keno Karate, Koei-Kan Karate, Kickboxing and collegiate wrestling have made him a feared competitor, with a reputation for brutal striking. His ferocious style earned him the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship, after a brutal 1st round knockout of Randy Couture. Spanning over 12 years, his professional career was recently immortalized in the UFC Hall of Fame.

Liddell's persona outside of the ring has helped propel the sport and himself into a mainstream stratosphere, with numerous appearances on reality shows, movies, and television including highly publicized stints on Dancing with the Stars and Entourage. He has also authored an autobiography, entitled Iceman: My Fighting Life.

Liddell will be signing autographs and taking photos with fans at the Ultimate Iceman Supplements booth on the exhibition floor. The specific day and times of appearance will be announced at www.thefitexpo.com as the show date nears.

The Bodybuilding.com Los Angeles Fitness Expo offers something for everybody! Attendees will find over 300 exhibits offering the newest in fitness, diets, nutrition, strength and wellness products and services. The Expo also plays host to 13 professional and amateur competitions including All American Strongman Challenge, The Iron Man Naturally, Bodybuilding, Bikini and Figure Competition, Bodybuilding.com's BodySpace Spokesmodel Search, Warriors Wrestling, Vise Grip Viking Challenge, Ultimate Armwrestling League Qualifier II, and much more.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
Re: 2011 Los Angeles Fit Expo - Chuck Lidell will be there
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:22 AM »
whos check lidell?

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 12:00:18 PM »
flexingtonsteele might make an appearance there.

u down for some orange chicken for lunch ron?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »
I wanna get Chuck's autograph.

If I let him borrow my rings, maybe he can leave me a permanent autograph right across my cheek bone...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: 2011 Los Angeles Fit Expo / NPC Ironman Info
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »
May be heading your way Ronaldo.... :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:05 AM »
Regarding the polygraph tests needed for the Iron Man Naturally

Attention NPC Competitors:

All competitors must submit to and pass a polygraph test for the purpose of determining whether you have used anabolic steroids, human growth hormone, or prescription diuretics within the past one year period of time. If you are currently taking any prescription medications, please bring copies of the prescriptions issued by licensed medical doctors with you and present them to the tester prior to the start of the polygraph test.

http://ironmanmagazine.com/naturally

jeremyj

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
Why should the competitor have to pay for the test? He or she says I Don't use Drugs that should be it. Do they allow Polygraph results in a court of Law? ;)

magicuser

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
naturally I am skeptical

jeremyj

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 03:00:24 AM »
All Natural in the IFBB it's in the rules. ;)

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 03:54:07 AM »
What happened to the good ol' "Take a pee in that bowl, we'll switch off the lights and if it glows, you're disqualified"?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 02:38:31 PM »
Why should the competitor have to pay for the test? He or she says I Don't use Drugs that should be it. Do they allow Polygraph results in a court of Law? ;)

Idiot - is anyone on trial here? Jeez - can you get stupider today?    You know exactly why they are testing here.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2010, 11:20:37 AM »
;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »
Idiot - is anyone on trial here? Jeez - can you get stupider today?    You know exactly why they are testing here.

LMAO, after all these years Ron is finally evolving into a true getbigger!

jordyb80

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »

I agree, I think the guy is lost

chris faildo

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
Aloha Ron, glad to hear that you'll be at the show taking pics.  I'm really looking forward to getting back on stage and doing my thing.  I promised Lonnie Teper and Promoter John Balik that I will give the audience a routine they have never seen before. I've been dieting through the Holidays and will show up in great shape like usual.  Im honored to be guest posing at the LA Fit Expo and will do my best to showcase my physique. Hope to see you all there. "The Hawaiian Hurricane" Chris Faildo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 06:44:07 AM »
flexingtonsteele might make an appearance there.

u down for some orange chicken for lunch ron?

hey bro hit me up.., im there