Author Topic: Isolation movement first or last?  (Read 1100 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Isolation movement first or last?
« on: November 23, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »
 Do you do your isolation movements at the beginning or the end of your workout?

I've always done them at the end. I figured that way I could have more energy to do the big compound movements, and then just pump out the small isolation movements at the end.

But I know a lot of people do it the other way around, and use the isolation movements as a warm up.

What do you think is better?

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: Isolation movement first or last?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:40:47 AM »
Only time you would do isolated (no such thing really) movements would be if you plan on doing a serious pre-exhaust workout. If you handled the compound exercises the correct way you would never need any more "pump". Just working on your insecurities if think that a pump is actually needed. Good Luck.
F

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Isolation movement first or last?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:19:58 AM »
There is no right way.....or wrong way to train.......don't let some fool tell you that you must stick with compound movements.......why not try both......or better yet.....mix the isolation with compounds in one workout.......i have used the concentration curl before i moved on to ez bar curls many times......and with outstanding results......mike mentzer used to have his pupils perform flat flyes before going on to incline smith machine presses

many guys like to pre exhaust their quads with leg extensions and then move on over to the leg press.....or even side laterals before commencing shoulder presses

use variety in your training!!!! just my .02 worth.