Author Topic: Training after a 2 year lay off-I need motivation  (Read 2926 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Training after a 2 year lay off-I need motivation
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 01:22:39 AM »
Don't sit there and try to motivate yourself to get going.  It doesn't work that way.  Set yourself in motion and the motivation will arrive all on its own.  It's magic.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 03:07:36 AM »
Being out of shape should be motivation enough.

You know what sort of level you can reach when you put in the effort, and you can get back there again.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 03:19:16 AM »
:)

LOL,,,,,,,, ;D ;D

i could NEVER imagine taking two years off, no matter what,,,,,,,,house , baby, regardless...........you cant find a measly 3 hours a week to get some training in........bullshit...... ...you watch 3 hours of TV most nights alone

i guess it just means more to me

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2010, 03:44:49 AM »
I've had breaks of 3 - 4 month (last one was 3 month when my baby son was born)

The best advice I can give you is to do as follows (worked for me)

1) Pick the date in advance - the date you will go to the gym.
2) Go in the morning, you want to make sure the first thing you do is hit the gym so you have no distractions, remember if you have a hard day work behind you and come home chances are you aren't going to workout but watch TV etc.
3) The day in advance get everything ready – have your workout stuff ready and packed – if you don’t get changed in the gym like I do simply have all your gear trousers sweatshirt etc ready.
4) Don’t think about it when the bell rings simply swing your legs out of bed (thats like 90% of the battle done) – make a coffee have a banana etc.
5) Do NOT logon to your laptop – chances are you get side tracked and you don’t go after all.
6) Instead put pumping iron in the DVD player and get inspired

Good luck

First Blood

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:39 AM »
I've had breaks of 3 - 4 month (last one was 3 month when my baby son was born)

The best advice I can give you is to do as follows (worked for me)

1) Pick the date in advance - the date you will go to the gym.
2) Go in the morning, you want to make sure the first thing you do is hit the gym so you have no distractions, remember if you have a hard day work behind you and come home chances are you aren't going to workout but watch TV etc.
3) The day in advance get everything ready – have your workout stuff ready and packed – if you don’t get changed in the gym like I do simply have all your gear trousers sweatshirt etc ready.
4) Don’t think about it when the bell rings simply swing your legs out of bed (thats like 90% of the battle done) – make a coffee have a banana etc.
5) Do NOT logon to your laptop – chances are you get side tracked and you don’t go after all.
6) Instead put pumping iron in the DVD player and get inspired

Good luck

excellent advice and also applies to when you are into regular training.

I used to hate to train in the morning but these days I love it as you get a good start of the day and you aren't mentally tired after a long day at work which happens when you train in the evening. it's also easier to focus in the morning because the gym isn't as packed as when you go after work. the negative part is that you don't feel as warmed up but that is partly a matter of simply getting used to training in the morning.

I know alot of old school champions loved to train in the morning and I can now understand why.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:58 AM »
I still haven't taken any of your advice, nor have I taken what you said seriously I'm still good no worries.
"Lunderen", FailCan owns you. Now fuck off.
U