Author Topic: Tom Brady = Best QB EVER.....Yes even better than Manning...  (Read 26059 times)

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
Re: Tom Brady = Best QB EVER.....Yes even better than Manning...
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2011, 01:16:12 PM »
Dug up an old thread...

I think it is now fairly certain that Manning is/was more important to Colts than Brady ever is/will be for NE.

Most Valuable Player for his team: Payton Manning

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
OK, let's change the topic into soccer now..... 8)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2011, 01:24:20 PM »
Dug up an old thread...

I think it is now fairly certain that Manning is/was more important to Colts than Brady ever is/will be for NE.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »

The Colts gave up before the season began.  :-\

D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »
The Colts gave up before the season began.  :-\

X2

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2011, 02:12:50 PM »
When was the last time the Patriots won a playoff game?  This team gets hyped up more than any other team yet they've won nothing recently.  It's akin to the DAllas Cowboys getting hyped up.  They've done absolute shit since their dominating run in the 90s(thanks to Hershel Walker trade)....the Arizona Cardinals are more accomplished than the Cowfags.

tendonitis

• Getbig V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2011, 02:16:32 PM »
When was the last time the Patriots won a playoff game?  This team gets hyped up more than any other team yet they've won nothing recently.  It's akin to the DAllas Cowboys getting hyped up.  They've done absolute shit since their dominating run in the 90s(thanks to Hershel Walker trade)....the Arizona Cardinals are more accomplished than the Cowfags.
They win a ton of games every year thats why.  They are one of the best franchises in pro sports.  People also forget that the Pats went 11-5 without Brady because they had Cassel.  Matt Cassel made the fucking Pro-bowl for the chiefs last year.  The CHIEFS.........

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
Dug up an old thread...

Possibly, but the fix has always been in with the Colts the day Peyton couldn't play. That's a fact for anyone watching the Colt games. The fact that the Pats let the Colts score 3 TD's in the 4th quarter shows that Bill B. might even be in on the BIG FIX. If Peyton gets traded to New Englands division, then its safe to say that the NFL wanted to get the most out of the Brady/Peyton match up in their twilight years. And who can blame them  ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:21 PM »
Possibly, but the fix has always been in with the Colts the day Peyton couldn't play. That's a fact for anyone watching the Colt games. The fact that the Pats let the Colts score 3 TD's in the 4th quarter shows that Bill B. might even be in on the BIG FIX. If Peyton gets traded to New Englands division, then its safe to say that the NFL wanted to get the most out of the Brady/Peyton match up in their twilight years. And who can blame them  ;)

Peyton's dad is a fucking shark. He knows the the Colts aren't going to go anywhere now that his son is aoubt to wrap up his career over the next few years. And New England's sports media was pitching a pants tent over Peyton Manning signing autographs at Gillette stadium last week. Its as if they were told(by the NFL) to go gaga over Peyton...If Peyton gets brought in to the Jets, its a 110% fixed scenario.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2011, 04:41:58 PM »

This thread is sort of a toss up. I love Montana, grew up watching him play, saw him get the short end of the stick when Young was brought on and then he lost his job and ships out to KC.

Brady, nobody saw the guy coming. During the combine he wasn't exactly starting rumors/fires and making teams scramble for him (pun intended). You look at him now, he has probably more time in the pocket than anyone else in the league. He's as cool as can be back there. He's broken certain records and won Super Bowls.

Manning, guy plays a different game than the other two. Look at his no-huddle offense. Look at how his team hasn't won a single game without him at the helm. The team has gone through (off the top of my head) 3 QB's this year trying to replace him just to win a single game let alone save any sort of resemblance to the team pre-Manning.

Warner...I don't know if it's because I'm a Montana/Brady guy or not, but I've never like him. From Day One I just never cared for his style of play. He won two Super Bowls for two different teams that really didn't put up the numbers or play a better game than his teams, I just can't find a reason in my mind that I like the guy. I can't say for sure, but I just didn't like his game.

Best of all time, I would still go with Montana. Just based on sheer impact the guy has had on nearly every kid who watched him grow up, and he's Brady's influence too. Brady would be the successor to Cool Joe but till his career is done and the final tally is in, I'm still putting my $$$ on Montana.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »

This thread is sort of a toss up. I love Montana, grew up watching him play, saw him get the short end of the stick when Young was brought on and then he lost his job and ships out to KC.

Brady, nobody saw the guy coming. During the combine he wasn't exactly starting rumors/fires and making teams scramble for him (pun intended). You look at him now, he has probably more time in the pocket than anyone else in the league. He's as cool as can be back there. He's broken certain records and won Super Bowls.

Manning, guy plays a different game than the other two. Look at his no-huddle offense. Look at how his team hasn't won a single game without him at the helm. The team has gone through (off the top of my head) 3 QB's this year trying to replace him just to win a single game let alone save any sort of resemblance to the team pre-Manning.

Warner...I don't know if it's because I'm a Montana/Brady guy or not, but I've never like him. From Day One I just never cared for his style of play. He won two Super Bowls for two different teams that really didn't put up the numbers or play a better game than his teams, I just can't find a reason in my mind that I like the guy. I can't say for sure, but I just didn't like his game.

Best of all time, I would still go with Montana. Just based on sheer impact the guy has had on nearly every kid who watched him grow up, and he's Brady's influence too. Brady would be the successor to Cool Joe but till his career is done and the final tally is in, I'm still putting my $$$ on Montana.

I agree with Brady having ice in his veins in the pocket. But I think Montana at his prime in a Bill B system today would have given New England a min/of 5 super bowls already. Montana was just that good. If Peyton played for New England, I honestly think that New England wouldn't have a single superbowl. I just don't think that Peyton's personality would have jived with Bill B's system. There would have been a massive ego crash between the two. And its obvious with what is going on with the Colts now that the Peyton family are total douchebags. Bill B would have told Peytons dad to get the fuck out of the stadium and don't come back.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2011, 04:58:51 PM »

I agree with Brady having ice in his veins in the pocket. But I think Montana at his prime in a Bill B system today would have given New England a min/of 5 super bowls already. Montana was just that good. If Peyton played for New England, I honestly think that New England wouldn't have a single superbowl. I just don't think that Peyton's personality would have jived with Bill B's system. There would have been a massive ego crash between the two. And its obvious with what is going on with the Colts now that the Peyton family are total douchebags. Bill B would have told Peytons dad to get the fuck out of the stadium and don't come back.

However with all that said, Peyton is deep inside the head of Bill B. Bill obviously pitches a pants tent for Peyton.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »

Warner only won 1 superbowl... In St. Louis.

He took that team back to the superbowl and lost, then took the Cards to the superbowl and also lost.

The_Infidel

• Getbig III
  • Professor of Bro-Science
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »
Brady is a Boss.  I hate him and I hate Bill Bellichickenshit and I hate the Pats but you have to respect what THEY have accomplished.  The Pats are a great team.  With the Colts, Peyton Manning IS the team.  

If Brady was out for the year do the Pats lose EVERY game?  No, they don't.  And no, the Colt's aren't throwing the season.  There is too much at stake for the players.  They aren't going to make themselves look like dickless losers in order to help the owner get a draft pick.  There is absolutley no way that is happening.  

If Brady was drafted by Cleveland instead of New England what would his career look like?  Manning is a machine and it doesn't matter where he is or who he's throwing to.  Brady is not the type of QB that is that good that he can succeed and win in any situation.  I believe Manning is.  They are both among the greatest of all time but in my opinion Manning is better.  
Come at me Bro!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
Warner only won 1 superbowl... In St. Louis.

He took that team back to the superbowl and lost, then took the Cards to the superbowl and also lost.

You're right...my mistake. I was typing T.U.M...Typing Under the influence of Montana. :P

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
Montana & Elway.

End of Thred

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »
Brady is clearly better than Manning, and has been for a while.
But he's not better than Montana.
agreed, Montana is the best ever.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2011, 01:39:51 AM »
Brady is a Boss.  I hate him and I hate Bill Bellichickenshit and I hate the Pats but you have to respect what THEY have accomplished.  The Pats are a great team.  With the Colts, Peyton Manning IS the team.  

If Brady was out for the year do the Pats lose EVERY game?  No, they don't.  And no, the Colt's aren't throwing the season.  There is too much at stake for the players.  They aren't going to make themselves look like dickless losers in order to help the owner get a draft pick.  There is absolutley no way that is happening.  

If Brady was drafted by Cleveland instead of New England what would his career look like?  Manning is a machine and it doesn't matter where he is or who he's throwing to.  Brady is not the type of QB that is that good that he can succeed and win in any situation.  I believe Manning is.  They are both among the greatest of all time but in my opinion Manning is better.  
I hate when people say this about Brady.  The guy has played with avg receivers/runningbacks (minus moss, Dillon) for most of his career.  If you put him on the Colts all these years when they had Edge, Harrison, Wayne, Clark etc.... he might have even better numbers.  I guarantee the Browns would be in the playoff hunt this year if they had a qb like Brady.  I watch every game the Pats play, and it seems that the offense flows the best when they use no-huddle!  They should try to do it as much as possible.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:44 AM »
agreed, Montana is the best ever.
Disagreed Joe Namath best ever.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2011, 06:33:06 AM »

I agree.. Manning is the best QB to play the game. He has single handily change the way a offensive is ran. Brady is a big cry baby. Any qb can succeed in belicheck system, look at Matt Cassel  Belicheck is all about building stats. Plus bradys best years was with Randy Moss..... he is a nobody according to u brady loves.  Hardly not.

also Drew Brees is way better than Fag Brady!!!!

Who Dat
!!!

Wining superbowls and playoffs is a TEAM effort. Look at Big Ben and all the rings he is going to get... would u consider him one of the greatest qb's...... no

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2011, 06:58:45 AM »
Football is much more complicated and competitive now than it was during Montana's Era.  
No it isn't.

Niggs... ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2011, 06:59:24 AM »
 8)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
The greatest quarterback on the NFL's greatest franchise. The most fans, the highest net worth, and EIGHT Superbowl appearances.
How 'bout dem Cowboys!  ;D

!