Author Topic: Obama family volunteers at DC food pantry  (Read 2648 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Obama family volunteers at DC food pantry
« on: November 25, 2010, 10:43:26 PM »
Politics
Obama family volunteers at DC food pantry

By theGrio

President Barack Obama, right, leans over to listens to hear an unidentified child speak as he helps pack food for Thanksgiving at Martha's Table, a local food pantry in Washington, Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2010. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama and his family have delivered turkeys that didn't receive a presidential pardon to a food pantry for the poor.

After Obama issued the annual presidential reprieves to two turkeys at the White House on Wednesday, the Obama family passed out turkeys, stuffing and other Thanksgiving staples at Martha's Table in downtown Washington. The first family also worked at the pantry during last year's holiday.

The president, his daughters, Malia and Sasha, first lady Michelle Obama and her mother, Marian Robinson, volunteered alongside friends and family.

Obama greeted patrons and their children with holiday wishes and high-fives, winking at toddlers as he packed bags with supplies.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press.
!

Cy Tolliver

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Obama family volunteers at DC food pantry
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 12:45:38 AM »
cool...
TEAM LAURA LEE!

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 01:21:01 AM »
Hahah this guy is volunteering at a food pantry while Korea is on the brink of war.  What a lame duck pos.  And Palin calls NK our allies.  America is becoming a circus.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 06:59:31 AM »
Wow an elected official going to a food pantry during Thanksgiving. How original and brilliant. Truly inspirational and exceptional. Amazing stuff. They should start carving out an addition to mount rushmore right away.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:04:35 AM »

I think it has just gotten so hokey now.   For fucks sake - MO is wearing a $500 scarf and the daughters go to elite private schools.  Obama has been a millioniare for years now and this whole charade is a joke, whoever does it. 

Personally, I rather see the POTUS giving out dinners to the troops and vets.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
It's a photo op, not a spontaneous display of goodwill. I'm sure this was planned months ago. Every elected schmoe in the country did the same shit yesterday, including Bloomberg. It doesn't mean anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 08:10:53 AM »

how dare he hand out real food to americans on his holiday off?

Bush had a fake prop turkey that he gave to our brave forces - why he thought they weren't worthy if actual protein, I dunno...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:52 AM »

Correct.  Then you could have complained about the cost of flying him around the world for a photo op.

Now, he saves the taxpayers the $ for the same photo op that every other politician does - and you bitch he's not flying around the world to do it.

And if he did it with domestic troops, you'd surely have a thread saying "look how he's exploiting our military"...

You won't be happy until President palin high-fives VP Christie then promptly turns over control to First Dude Todd.  Admit it :)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:14:22 AM »
 ::)

The pregame and postgame of the NFL on Fox was at an undiscolsed base in Afghanistan yesterday. Should they get a medal of honor also?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 08:16:54 AM »
Correct.  Then you could have complained about the cost of flying him around the world for a photo op.

Now, he saves the taxpayers the $ for the same photo op that every other politician does - and you bitch he's not flying around the world to do it.

And if he did it with domestic troops, you'd surely have a thread saying "look how he's exploiting our military"...

You won't be happy until President palin high-fives VP Christie then promptly turns over control to First Dude Todd.  Admit it :)

Ha ha ha ha - no I will be happy when this schmuck starts acting like a decent American POTUS who actually gives a rats ass about this country instead of his well connected buddies. 

And dont start with Bush -because I have never supported him other than on the margins.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »
Ha ha ha ha - no I will be happy when this schmuck starts acting like a decent American POTUS who actually gives a rats ass about this country instead of his well connected buddies. 

And dont start with Bush -because I have never supported him other than on the margins.   

what should obama have done yesterday, 33?

You said you'd rather him feed the troops.  Fly to iraq, maybe?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 08:57:23 AM »
what should obama have done yesterday, 33?

You said you'd rather him feed the troops.  Fly to iraq, maybe?

Its not about yesterday.  Its about every fucking day!   

Terrorist trials in NYC
Cap & Trade
ObamaCare
World Kneepad Tour
Killing business. 

or better yet - I will use your own list that you used to justify voting for him and you ask yourself why most people cant stand him anymore. 

________________________ ________________________ _______

This is from TA & 240

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=244035.0

________________________ ________________________ ______________

Wouldn’t it be terrifying if President Obama was repeatedly told about imminent threats against the nation, and he simply dismissed them out-of-hand? And what if the US was attacked, and he just sat in a classroom, reading a kids’ book, because he didn’t know what to do?

Wouldn’t it be just awful if President Obama started ignoring the Constitution, and declared himself unaccountable to anyone? And what if he started cranking out “signing statements”, began pardoning people who were instrumental in outing a covert CIA agent, or allowed White House emails to be deleted in complete defiance of the law? Worse yet, what if he started wiretapping American citizens’ phone calls, and started snooping into their internet activities?

Wouldn’t it be truly dreadful if President Obama lied our country into war, and then started handing out no-bid contracts to war-profiteers who didn’t give a flying fuck about the safety of our troops if it cut into their obscene profits?

Wouldn’t it be downright disillusioning if President Obama poured billions into an unwinnable war while our infrastructure, our schools, our hospitals and our entire economy were left in complete ruin?

Wouldn’t it be devastating if President Obama encouraged the deregulation of everything from banking practices to the inspection of food coming into the country?

Wouldn’t it be profoundly disturbing if President Obama continued on one of his many vacations while a major US city was wiped-out by a natural disaster? And what if he completely ignored the victims of said disaster in the aftermath, and just allowed them to die?

Wouldn’t it be absolutely disastrous if President Obama appointed incompetent cronies to important positions, like Attorney General? And what if his appointee started purging the department of experienced, competent people based solely on their political affiliation?

Wouldn’t it be morally reprehensible if President Obama condoned the use of torture, or the unlimited detention of people without charge or trial?

Wouldn’t it be an incredible outrage if President Obama insisted on tax subsidies for corporations making record profits, or tax incentives for companies that outsourced American jobs?

Wouldn’t it be unbelievably humiliating if President Obama consistently made a fool of himself in public settings, and became the punchline of every late-night monologue due to his ignorance, his inability to speak coherently, and his drunken displays at international meetings of import?

Wouldn’t it be overwhelmingly embarrassing if the stature of the United States was irreparably harmed every time President Obama opened his mouth and proved how God damned stupid he was in front of the entire world?

Wouldn’t it be fantastically detrimental if President Obama was deliberately divisive at a time when the country most needed to come together? And what if he started saying things like “You’re either with us or against us” and you knew he meant YOU were against your own country if you didn’t just toe-the-line and accept his way of thinking?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:21 AM »
I think it has just gotten so hokey now.   For fucks sake - MO is wearing a $500 scarf and the daughters go to elite private schools.  Obama has been a millioniare for years now and this whole charade is a joke, whoever does it. 

didn't Michelle do that a few weeks ago on Veterans day

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 03:18:03 PM »
This is good.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »

So now you are complaining he has too much money? Oh god.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »
Its all theater. The best actor/actress wins.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 07:36:54 PM »
how dare he hand out real food to americans on his holiday off?

Bush had a fake prop turkey that he gave to our brave forces - why he thought they weren't worthy if actual protein, I dunno...

Remind me to always stay on your good side.
You have a way of just sneaking in and slicing at the jugular don't you?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »
Its all theater. The best actor/actress wins.
w