Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Thoughts and Opinions?  (Read 66376 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The Walking Dead - Thoughts and Opinions?
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »
Thinking about it realistically, you rarely become the same person again after you lose your wife, children etc

yep.  it's realistic.  rick barely cares anymore.  doesn't want to embrace any decisions.  happy to just sit in garden and an anti-gun prick.  He had 6 months to turn them into crack shots, fortify that place, etc.  Instead we had 40 walkers able to break a fence, and zero battle plan for a small group of 20 untrained attackers. 

Rick should have let merle run that place... or kept sshane around.

I'd pay $1.99 an episode to see that prison with Shane running it.  Lori would be carrying his second child, the gov would be decapitated in the yard, and they'd be pwning camps daily and returning to prison nightly.  He'd be the shit.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2013, 04:09:57 PM »
No doubt.  They didn't have a plan if a group of yahoos rolled up on them and tried to take their shit?  I know they lost some people and had some that were sick but damn, they should have been more prepared.  That is a failure of leadership.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2013, 04:15:38 PM »
Would've been cool if you could have replaced Five people in the Prison with Five Getbiggers before The Governor arrived

Wonder if the outcome would have been different

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
yep.  it's realistic.  rick barely cares anymore.  doesn't want to embrace any decisions.  happy to just sit in garden and an anti-gun prick.  He had 6 months to turn them into crack shots, fortify that place, etc.  Instead we had 40 walkers able to break a fence, and zero battle plan for a small group of 20 untrained attackers. 

Rick should have let merle run that place... or kept sshane around.

I'd pay $1.99 an episode to see that prison with Shane running it.  Lori would be carrying his second child, the gov would be decapitated in the yard, and they'd be pwning camps daily and returning to prison nightly.  He'd be the shit.

Rick wanted to devote himself to his son full time.  One of the major story lines of the precious seasons was how jaded Carl was becoming.  Rick wanted to give Carl a semblance of stability so that he could be a kid as much as is possible under the circumstances and not become a Shane or governor for that matter.

As for Shane, he would have followed the same path of self destruction as the governor. Both men are cut from the same cloth.  Shane was headed the way of the governor which will always lead toward ruin.  This is what the writers are trying to convey to the audience.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2013, 04:56:29 PM »
Rick wanted to devote himself to his son full time.  One of the major story lines of the precious seasons was how jaded Carl was becoming.  Rick wanted to give Carl a semblance of stability so that he could be a kid as much as is possible under the circumstances and not become a Shane or governor for that matter.

As for Shane, he would have followed the same path of self destruction as the governor. Both men are cut from the same cloth.  Shane was headed the way of the governor which will always lead toward ruin.  This is what the writers are trying to convey to the audience.

Shane was about self-preservation, and in this show, it's those who do that who live.  Rick ONLY survived because he was willing to pre-emptively kill people (like in the bar) or ignore those in need (hitchhiker that got eaten).  The show tells us that soft wimps GET KILLED, the absolute evil self-destruct, and those in the middle tend to survive... kill when you gotta, and lay low otherwise.  The show has Daryl... he's kinda in the middle... killer enough to survive, but not the crazy ambitious type.

As far as Rick - it's COMPLETELY possible to spend full-time with Carl, while at the same time preparing them for attackers.  Think about it - they're together 16 hours a day.  No school, no work.  They chill all day.  He can teach him to be a good man all day long - plus throw in 90 minutes a day of target paractice, running drills, preparing for shit.   Heck, I'd have booby traps or underground tunnels - SOMETHING.   

Rick was slipping.  Total failure of leadership, as Pray_4_War mentioned.  Heck, without the gov firing a warning shot, Rick's crew would have easily been decimated.... leaving their crate of guns out front?  They might have never even gotten to it lol.   I know it's TV, it's hollywood... but I hope Abraham is cooler and more put-together than Rick, who has always been a self-righteous drama queen. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
Shane was about self-preservation, and in this show, it's those who do that who live.  Rick ONLY survived because he was willing to pre-emptively kill people (like in the bar) or ignore those in need (hitchhiker that got eaten).  The show tells us that soft wimps GET KILLED, the absolute evil self-destruct, and those in the middle tend to survive... kill when you gotta, and lay low otherwise.  The show has Daryl... he's kinda in the middle... killer enough to survive, but not the crazy ambitious type.

As far as Rick - it's COMPLETELY possible to spend full-time with Carl, while at the same time preparing them for attackers.  Think about it - they're together 16 hours a day.  No school, no work.  They chill all day.  He can teach him to be a good man all day long - plus throw in 90 minutes a day of target paractice, running drills, preparing for shit.   Heck, I'd have booby traps or underground tunnels - SOMETHING.   

Rick was slipping.  Total failure of leadership, as Pray_4_War mentioned.  Heck, without the gov firing a warning shot, Rick's crew would have easily been decimated.... leaving their crate of guns out front?  They might have never even gotten to it lol.   I know it's TV, it's hollywood... but I hope Abraham is cooler and more put-together than Rick, who has always been a self-righteous drama queen. 

240 crushing contestants in this thread.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

Those who are only about self preservation die. The two characters who personify that attitude, Shane and the Govenor died violently and at the hand of their own people. It's not just survival that matters, it's how you live that's important.  Life is about more than mere survival and that's the lesson Carl needed to learn. I'm not arguing rick is a good leader but Shane would have been far worse, another Woodbury.

The whole point of these post apocalyptic dramas is to demonstrate how society falls apart when people can't work together and stop communicating.  This was the original message of the Romero zombie films and the same theme carries right into The Walking Dead.  In Day of the Dead, the military leader Rhodes is a proto-Shane/Govenor and just like them he is brought down by his own hubris and short sightedness.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2013, 10:00:59 PM »
Those who are only about self preservation die. The two characters who personify that attitude, Shane and the Govenor died violently and at the hand of their own people. It's not just survival that matters, it's how you live that's important.  Life is about more than mere survival and that's the lesson Carl needed to learn. I'm not arguing rick is a good leader but Shane would have been far worse, another Woodbury.

The whole point of these post apocalyptic dramas is to demonstrate how society falls apart when people can't work together and stop communicating.  This was the original message of the Romero zombie films and the same theme carries right into The Walking Dead.  In Day of the Dead, the military leader Rhodes is a proto-Shane/Govenor and just like them he is brought down by his own hubris and short sightedness.

I guess it's just too preachy to me.  In real life, which requires us to suspend a lot of reality if we're talking zombie shows, people like the governor WOULD win. Heck, the Gov only lost woodbury because he didn't cap rick's ass at that sitdown like he should have.  A true, actual psychopath would have killed him the minute he had the drop on him.  

in real life, the bad guys DO win.  All the time.  Especially in a world without law.

Yes, I recognize the lesson they're trying to teach us... but Rick & friends should have been slaughtered last night.  Why in the world the tank chose to blow up empty sections of the building, and not just blast a hole in Daryl & friends, it's beyond me.  

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2013, 11:34:20 PM »
Little Carl is the leader Rick should be. Actually they both can learn from eachother. But as it is Carl would be a better leader. I hope Rick dies and his son takes over. Rick's goody two shoes crybaby bs irks me like no other on the show. Fuck him for leaving the old lady Carol on her own without even consulting the rest.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »
Carl is the leader Rick should be. I hope Rick dies and his son takes over. Rick's goody two shoes crybaby bs irks me like no other on the show. Fuck him for leaving the old lady on her own.

they will give us, the viewer, a glimpse at that... next season... when we see Rick sick from bullet hole infection, non-responsive and sleeping... and Carl gets his own episode, where the writers say he grows into being a man.  

As far as killing off Rick, they'll never do that.  Ever.  Many people think when the series ends, they'll have Rick awake from his coma, and it was all a dream.  Shane hugging him, Lori relieved, Carl still innocent (using CGI or something to make him little again), etc.  

Imagine it.................

We would see a breautiful montage for 6 or 7 minutes... seeing how all of the characters from the show,  crossing paths in a world where zombies never happened.  Michonne late for court, carrying a briefcase.  Andrea in her SUV.  Philip Governor with his family, happier than we ever saw him.  Merle and Daryl laughing and walking with a 12-pack of beer.  Dale in his RV, heading camping, beeping and flipping the bird to pizza man Glenn, who cut him off in traffic.  Herschell, maggie & family on the farm, smiling and working.  Imagine seeing dozens of people from  the show... down to the prisoners sitting at lunch in the cafeteria laughing... Heck, we could see many of the most famous zombies killed on the show, just as extras in the background of these scenes.  Possibilities would be endless!

They make us fall in love/hate with the characters and they kill most off, eventually.   Imagine if the end of the show was this cool montage with amazing music... and we see how all these people lived without zombies.  it was all a dream.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: December 03, 2013, 07:32:13 AM »
Tyrese may have rescued Judith.  He's carrying something with his gun over his back.  And zombie cannot unbuckle carseats.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #236 on: December 03, 2013, 07:52:04 AM »
Tyrese may have rescued Judith.  He's carrying something with his gun over his back.  And zombie cannot unbuckle carseats.

That should have been the most obvious. They wouldn't kill the baby off guys  :D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #237 on: December 03, 2013, 08:13:54 AM »
Excellent synopsis 240.....could happen.  But maybe too anti climatic, like the ending of the Soprano's or even Lost. Easy out for the writers though.

Could easily rip that baby out of the carrier in pieces, but don't think so. The baby is new life, new hope to carry the story line. As are those younger girls. The crying jag of Ricks, please get a grip. Carl will become a stronger plot line next season. Still think Carol will be back, and not alone.    
F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #238 on: December 03, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »
That should have been the most obvious. They wouldn't kill the baby off guys  :D

They did in the comic but tv is a whole other medium.  If they wanted to kill off Judith in the most humane tv friendly way she would have died of the flu.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #239 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:28 AM »

Sure but they can chow down enough to pull the kid apart.  I think your right about tyrese.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2013, 08:22:36 AM »
Excellent synopsis 240.....could happen.  But maybe too anti climatic, like the ending of the Soprano's or even Lost. Easy out for the writers though.

Could easily rip that baby out of the carrier in pieces, but don't think so. The baby is new life, new hope to carry the story line. As are those younger girls. The crying jag of Ricks, please get a grip. Carl will become a stronger plot line next season. Still think Carol will be back, and not alone.    

theres a a reason rick/daryl didn't get a chance to tell Cutty (Tyrese)... I bet he ends up with Carol out there on the road.

Agreed, they have to keep Judith alive.  She is the sign of future, hope in this series.

See... I think an ending like that could work... because they have made us know & love so many characters.  What a rush for viewers to discover that Shane doesn't have to die angry in a field... he later meets Andrea while on a call and they fall in love and live happily ever after.   Maybe Michonne is Carol'd divorce court lawyer.  Martinez as a soccer dad at a play where Carl is the lead actor.  We see Morgan with his family laughing in the parking lot after the play... That'd totally bring most viewers to tears... remembering Morgan in so much pain from losing his family in "Clear"... viewers would rejoice that the characters they pity so much have found happiness.  

it'd be TV history, I think... Everyone expects to see some new sunrise as Rick dies, Carl matures, Judith becomes leader of some new government... people learn to work together, etc.  Surely the zombies will starve to death in 5-6 years - we have already been told they're starving, slowly.  They'll cure it or outlast it, and rebuild.  That's the predictable ending.

I like this alternate ending... All these characters we've seen die in miserable ways... it'd be so rewarding to see Morgan playing catch with his kid while mom cheers them on.  I think it'd solidify Walking Dead as one of the all time best show finales, up there with "Six Feet Under", only way better.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2013, 08:40:27 AM »
any thoughts on this series and the best selling comics?  i love it but they killed off Amy in the 1st season. she was worth at least 20 babies to repopulate mankind.  ::)  now...how can i live?

First season is ok, the rest is an endless, delusionnal, boring serie.
asstropin

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:30 AM »
Maybe the Zombie thing will be like the Black Plague/Black Death, which timed out roughly 4 to 5 years.  Estimated 150 million died. Now that might be a good ending to TWD series.

Wonder how Zombies do in snow and a harsh winter (brain freeze)...always sunny in the series. Or in the SoCal & Arizona deserts, with the 114-118 degree heat.

F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2013, 08:53:07 AM »

theres a a reason rick/daryl didn't get a chance to tell Cutty (Tyrese)... I bet he ends up with Carol out there on the road.

I said the exact same thing a few posts up.  Carol and Tyrese for a bit until he finds out and hooks up with michonne.  On a related Carole note, it's funny that rick was willing to let the Govenor and his men move into the prison but kicked carol out.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
I said the exact same thing a few posts up.  Carol and Tyrese for a bit until he finds out and hooks up with michonne.  On a related Carole note, it's funny that rick was willing to let the Govenor and his men move into the prison but kicked carol out.
The funny thing, is that Carol knows that Tyrese knows. Will they ultimately become friends? Or will Carol stab Tyrese in the back the first chance she gets?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2013, 08:57:41 AM »
The funny thing, is that Carol knows that Tyrese knows. Will they ultimately become friends? Or will Carol stab Tyrese in the back the first chance she gets?

He doesn't know yet.  Rick and Daryl were interrupted before they could tell Tyrese.  Beth hooks up with Daryl, Tyrese temporarily with Carol but then with Michone.  Carol is left alone and goes crazy.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2013, 09:08:47 AM »
He doesn't know yet.  Rick and Daryl were interrupted before they could tell Tyrese.  Beth hooks up with Daryl, Tyrese temporarily with Carol but then with Michone.  Carol is left alone and goes crazy.
Ok, but rick told Carol that Tyrese was going crazy about the murders. Right? I'm sure that if Carol sees Tyrese, she will assume that he knows.

That is what makes for great t.v.

mik1111

• Getbig III
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2013, 09:10:52 AM »
just saw those clips a page back, where it's told that AMC is being total cheap, cutting budgets and overall fucking a decent show.
stay classy amc

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
What was unrealistic with Rick was him walking around yelling for Carl in the wide open. It goes against the our natural instincts of Fight/Flight/Freeze. When he got shot, he was in flight mode. But after he got his ass kicked, he was walking around in the wide open without even thinking about being shot. That's not realistic. And 99 out of 100 people wouldn't survive acting like that. 

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #249 on: December 04, 2013, 02:42:01 AM »
Its TV but...

Govs people just walking towards rapid enemy fire. Come on. Almost nobody got hit.

It takes 10times the people to conqurer enemy held fortress. 5mins and only that tank would have been a problem.

Fuck. I hate this shit.