Author Topic: The Walking Dead - Thoughts and Opinions?  (Read 65718 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
I have issues with some of the scenes.

For instance... how come battle aftermath looks like a gas attack? Wouldn't the zombies bum-rush the CDC soviet style?

And how come the sheriff guy didn't just drive off in the tank when he got trapped in it?

wile e roadrunner

• Getbig II
  • Truth Detector
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 07:15:16 PM »
It's so S-L-O-W and boring.

No thanks.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »

No thanks.

I literally have to record it and fast forward thru all the lame-ass 'human interest' storyline bullshit.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »

No thanks.

this one is action packed.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 07:28:41 AM »

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »
it could be so good like "dawn of the dead."..the zombies should be like in dawn of the dead superfast n strong.. but in this they take the zombs so lightly ,they just walk around in them without a care i dont like that..and they camp outside the city like u wouldnt have gotton to a big farm house with a compound, plus hugh storage buildings, and with an extensive underground level to it and again alot of those type farm houses are out there., had to be a million of them left. they dont search for weapons enough that would be a top priority . they next should be lookin for fuel theres gota be zilllions of gallons left. then they should teach themselves how to fly a basic helicoptor again million of them left,then they could jump in and out of places getin all these things they should have. also pick up all the military vehicals they can get and secure them at their central compound. this is what they should be doin and in real life i think its what people would do...absolutely noone is campin in the woods so close to a large city were their are literally millions of zombie...............thi s should have been the first few episodes imo.   the campin thing is fuckin hilarious and would never happen.

the next episodes could be them goin around the country lookin for survivors runnin into other factions maybe fightin with them.. and gettin more n more of the military stuff..cause all and all you need all the guns n ammo u can possibly find to stay alive in the new zombie usa.

i do like the show i just wish it would have been done like real normal people would have preceeded to survive i think we can all agree with that. still i do love the show im just hopin it get better...it could go on forever and military guys like me , into weapons and warefare would always watch it..

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 09:54:51 AM »
it could be so good like "dawn of the dead."..the zombies should be like in dawn of the dead superfast n strong.. but in this they take the zombs so lightly ,they just walk around in them without a care i dont like that..and they camp outside the city like u wouldnt have gotton to a big farm house with a compound, plus hugh storage buildings, and with an extensive underground level to it and again alot of those type farm houses are out there., had to be a million of them left. they dont search for weapons enough that would be a top priority . they next should be lookin for fuel theres gota be zilllions of gallons left. then they should teach themselves how to fly a basic helicoptor again million of them left,then they could jump in and out of places getin all these things they should have. also pick up all the military vehicals they can get and secure them at their central compound. this is what they should be doin and in real life i think its what people would do...absolutely noone is campin in the woods so close to a large city were their are literally millions of zombie...............thi s should have been the first few episodes imo.   the campin thing is fuckin hilarious and would never happen.

the next episodes could be them goin around the country lookin for survivors runnin into other factions maybe fightin with them.. and gettin more n more of the military stuff..cause all and all you need all the guns n ammo u can possibly find to stay alive in the new zombie usa.

i do like the show i just wish it would have been done like real normal people would have preceeded to survive i think we can all agree with that. still i do love the show im just hopin it get better...it could go on forever and military guys like me , into weapons and warefare would always watch it..

You guys are missing the point of the whole show.  It's more about how different groups of people act during adversity, than it is just about a Zombie outbreak.  Trust me many more people die.  They also meet more people.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »
You guys are missing the point of the whole show.  It's more about how different groups of people act during adversity, than it is just about a Zombie outbreak.  Trust me many more people die.  They also meet more people.

Well then the show has failed miserably at that.  There hasn't been much significance about how people act during adverse situations so far in the show.  The little spat between the fat black guy and the redneck was pretty lame.  I would have kicked the shit out of that redneck and threw him off the roof.  Not because he was racist just because he was a fucking dumbass.  This show has been a huge let down.  caseyvilliator makes some great points.  The zombies should have been fast and strong.  There should be much more action, shooting, violence etc.  It's fucking boring.  Not enough action.  Not enough survival type shit like he said......weapons caches, underground bunkers, finding food etc.  It should have been more like the movie the ROAD with ruthless evil humans traversing the streets as well as zombies because that's more realistic.  Especially if the fucking zombies are just walking around in a daze and you can walk up and smash them iwth a bat.  Stupid.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
Well then the show has failed miserably at that.  There hasn't been much significance about how people act during adverse situations so far in the show.  The little spat between the fat black guy and the redneck was pretty lame.  I would have kicked the shit out of that redneck and threw him off the roof.  Not because he was racist just because he was a fucking dumbass.  This show has been a huge let down.  caseyvilliator makes some great points.  The zombies should have been fast and strong.  There should be much more action, shooting, violence etc.  It's fucking boring.  Not enough action.  Not enough survival type shit like he said......weapons caches, underground bunkers, finding food etc.  It should have been more like the movie the ROAD with ruthless evil humans traversing the streets as well as zombies because that's more realistic.  Especially if the fucking zombies are just walking around in a daze and you can walk up and smash them iwth a bat.  Stupid.

I understand your point.  You have to realize that they already have a huge fanbase from the comic-book series.  It has had more than 5 Million people tuning in.  It also has been approved for a longer- second season.  Obviously they are doing something right.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 10:05:34 AM »
I watch the show and I really wanted it to be great, but it's SO slow it's tough to really enjoy.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2010, 10:07:05 AM »
I understand your point.  You have to realize that they already have a huge fanbase from the comic-book series.  It has had more than 5 Million people tuning in.  It also has been approved for a longer- second season.  Obviously they are doing something right.
\

Well I didn't know it was based on a comic book series and another second season would justify the first season being pretty noneventful and boring.  I could see the second season having a lot more Jerichoesqueness to it which would be good.  But I'd rather watch Spartacus season 1 than Walking Dead at this point even though I keep checking in for new episodes. 

Now Sons of Anarchy....talk about a fucking bomb of a show.  First season was pretty good.  All downhill from there.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
\

Well I didn't know it was based on a comic book series and another second season would justify the first season being pretty noneventful and boring.  I could see the second season having a lot more Jerichoesqueness to it which would be good.  But I'd rather watch Spartacus season 1 than Walking Dead at this point even though I keep checking in for new episodes. 

Now Sons of Anarchy....talk about a fucking bomb of a show.  First season was pretty good.  All downhill from there.

lol.  I was just going to chime in about Spartacus.  I fucking love that show.  You Know the actor Andy Whitefield(sp?)

had to drop out of the show do to cancer right?  Right now they are in the middle of re-casting Spartacus.  They will be showing a 6-episode prequel airing in Jan.  Then soon after they will show the second season with the new Spartacus.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2010, 10:14:59 AM »
lol.  I was just going to chime in about Spartacus.  I fucking love that show.  You Know the actor Andy Whitefield(sp?)

had to drop out of the show do to cancer right?  Right now they are in the middle of re-casting Spartacus.  They will be showing a 6-episode prequel airing in Jan.  Then soon after they will show the second season with the new Spartacus.

Yeah it is by far one of the best shows I've ever watched.  Just fucking cool, manly, etc.  And yeah Andy actually made the show what it was.  I don't know how they can replace him.  He was on to becoming something big.  Too bad he has cancer.  I saw the gladiator bootcamp on one of the DVDs.  He was just a cool guy.  Sucks.  I didn't care for 300 and I watched the first episode of Spartacus and was like what the hell is this green screen shit.  But it definitely grabbed me after that.  Other than the Wire it is my favorite show. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2010, 10:23:25 AM »

yep...after 24 hrs worth of rigamortis and all their neuro pathways destroyed.  last thing i want to see is a zombie beating usian bolt in a race.  they're going a nice job with it. 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
this one is action packed.

i cant stand that fucking game... all it does it load and load and load..... and load its annoying as fuck but i played it on XBOX not sure if loading is diffrent on ps3

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 10:41:56 AM »

i cant stand that fucking game... all it does it load and load and load..... and load its annoying as fuck but i played it on XBOX not sure if loading is diffrent on ps3
yeah I didn't like this game either.  Loved the first dead rising, and Resident Evil is my fav franchise of all time.  I hate games with time limits, and Dead rising 2 is 1 big time limit for the whole fucking game. Not only that they made it so you have to be back at a certain time everyday to give your daughter her shot.  The amount of fun in this game would be endless if there wasn't a time limit.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
Thought it was just me... who the hell would camp out in the open when farm houses are available. Why worry about a car being stolen when there are literally millions available? You honestly can't find a radiator hose when the world is at your feet? No sentrys on duty 24/7 if you are going to camp out in the open?   

Bad News Brown

• Getbig II
  • How bout 5 cross yo lip?
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 09:28:44 AM »
Best horror TV series in many years....

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 11:31:36 AM »
Thought it was just me... who the hell would camp out in the open when farm houses are available. 1 Why worry about a car being stolen when there are literally millions available? You honestly can't find a radiator hose when the world is at your feet? 2 No sentrys on duty 24/7 if you are going to camp out in the open?   

:o

1 merle had a score to settle with the camp. how you think a truck load of zombies makes it to camp without a road map and with rotting brains?

2 dinner time and the camp is surrounded by trip wires.  who took down the wires?  see #1.

3 yeah there are car parts all over the place.   :-\

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
OK, granted; the last two episodes were a little on the slow side; but some of the shows have been fantastic.
Same goes for Boardwalk Empire; last episode was a remote/fast forward one; but give them credit; when things get going it is great.

On Rubicon, on the other hand....paint dries faster than that show.  which was canceled.
w

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
The worst part of the show so far were the HARDCORE CHOLOS  ::) ::)
Who turned out to be a bunch of pussys when grandma walked into the mexican standoff, just to findout all these hardcore gangsters were talking care of old farts in a retirement home

And as far as this clown goes, he is the worst one of all, EVERY SINGLE TIME i see his ass, he plays a gang member, Yea real acting dip shit, Im sure he has never been involved in gangs his whole life its just acting homie  ::) ::) ::)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 02:20:45 PM »
The worst part of the show so far were the HARDCORE CHOLOS  ::) ::)
Who turned out to be a bunch of pussys when grandma walked into the mexican standoff, just to findout all these hardcore gangsters were talking care of old farts in a retirement home

And as far as this clown goes, he is the worst one of all, EVERY SINGLE TIME i see his ass, he plays a gang member, Yea real acting dip shit, Im sure he has never been involved in gangs his whole life its just acting homie  ::) ::) ::)

True I can't stand that fucking douchebag.  LOL.  He was the dumb cholo in Training Day too. 

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2010, 02:48:46 PM »
i agree with casey they should all be quicker - this slow stumbling shit scares no one.

28 days later, dofd raised the bar !

however if the show was like that everyone of those in the 'gang' would be dead  ;D

perhaps they could get faster, stronger as time goes by. they are all slow just now because the virus has just hit and they are all still in rigormortis, however perhaps as the virus asserts itself more on its hosts and reanimates dead tissue, perhaps they could also totally heal damaged bodyparts - assuming they get enough protein to replenish the damage - hence the thirst/hunger for flesh ! this would also mean only a few that have ate a lot of people would be faster/stronger and would give the show added suspense of not knowing if the walkers are the super kind or regular stumblers.

anyway - i like the show. it could be better and i'd love what i typed above to come true, but i'm enjoying it so far.
175lbs by 31st July

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2010, 03:00:16 PM »
it will be cool to see how they introduce the extra terrestrials into this series later on

Ares

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:00 PM »

And how come the sheriff guy didn't just drive off in the tank when he got trapped in it?

LOL there is no access to the driver compartment from the turret.