Author Topic: Overrated Peyton Manning can't win the big game  (Read 2187 times)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Overrated Peyton Manning can't win the big game
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
What a stupid fucking thread title. Peyton Manning overrated? Pull your head out of your ass.

Manning is the single most important reason the Colts have won 6 games this season. Without him at QB, the Colts probably would be winless right now. There's a reason he's won multiple MVP's.

Sure, the Chargers have his number but there are plenty of other reasons that he's playing like shit. Yes, INJURIES are a huge reason why. He's lost Dallas Clark, Austin Collie, and Anthony Gonzalez at varying stages of this season. Putting in TAMME and WHITE as replacements changes the flow of the offense. For one, those players usually do not run with the first team and Manning is still working on the timing on their pass patterns. For Manning, it's a work in progress with the players he's playing with and he's dealing with the growing pains.

Also, the Colts cannot run the ball whatsoever. They're averaging 88 yards a game on the ground. That's a shitty number right there. With Addai out and the various injuries at WR, this team is lucky to be 6-5.

And Manning has won the big game. Once you have a Super Bowl win on your resume, especially as a QB, that dispels any notion that you can't win the big game.

Some of the people that have commented on this thread sound like they're completely clueless about the game of football.

I put Payton Manning in the class with

Doug Williams

Jeff Hostetler

Brad Johnson

and

Trent Dilfer

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
One win is better than none at all. The point, of course, is that (for all of Manning's stats) the critics kept giving him the business, because he didn't win a Super Bowl. Well, he won one. So, all that goes out the window. That's why folks like you have to chirp about the fact that (as of now), he only has one ring.

Yes, I know Trent Dilfer has one ring (he used to be the QB for my favorite team). But, without Defense and a kicker the Ravens don't get that ring, period.

fixed, for reality...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 01:28:15 PM »
fixed, for reality...

Thank you...That was some straight bullshit he typed.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »
At least Peyton didn't blame it on God...

body88

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »
fixed, for reality...

This is all true.

One thing... the without: (insert this, this and this) no one would have a superbowl. It's a bunk argument. No one has ever won a superbowl on their own.

tallgerman

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • I love myself a lot.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »
mr throwaway

mr overpaid

kurt warner was better

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »
Manning is not overrated. He's one of the best ever, and if someone says otherwise, I would seriously question their football IQ.

When I say he's overrated, I'm not saying he's garbage.  I'm just saying that when a playoff game is on the line, I'd select Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, or a retired Kurt Warner before him. 

To be considered one of the 'best ever', you need to at least be in the top-2 or 3 of your era and he has not been that guy in crunch time.  The regular season only matters in college football, and as we all know, his Tennessee team never beat Florida. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

This is all true.

One thing... the without: (insert this, this and this) no one would have a superbowl. It's a bunk argument. No one has ever won a superbowl on their own.
The lack of a truly stellar QB has been The Ravens Achilles heel. They have gone thru more quarterbacks than Madonna has gone thru boyfriends. But, for the most part their defense and the their kicker have been the most consistent. If they could win one with a halfway decent qb, just think what they could do with a stellar one. Maybe they are cursed---Forever More?

(After all, your named in honor of a dead morbid poet---who died in Baltimore, drunk)

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
mr throwaway

mr overpaid

kurt warner was better

QFT... sure Hall Of Fame player

body88

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »
When I say he's overrated, I'm not saying he's garbage.  I'm just saying that when a playoff game is on the line, I'd select Brady, Roethlisberger, Brees, Rivers, or a retired Kurt Warner before him.  

To be considered one of the 'best ever', you need to at least be in the top-2 or 3 of your era and he has not been that guy in crunch time.  The regular season only matters in college football, and as we all know, his Tennessee team never beat Florida.  

Your logic is sound, no doubt. I just disagree. I have Manning as one of the goats, but not the goat. I played d3 ball in college, and while I was not even close to an elite athlete, I understand the game. Manning is supremely talented. Mindblowing throws and reads on a regular basis.

For me,currently, it's Montana; when it's all said and done, Brady.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2010, 02:16:11 PM »

Hard to argue that.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2010, 02:36:35 PM »

Your logic is sound, no doubt. I just disagree. I have Manning as one of the goats, but not the goat. I played d3 ball in college, and while I was not even close to an elite athlete, I understand the game. Manning is supremely talented. Mindblowing throws and reads on a regular basis.

One Defensive play away from a Undefeated Season... Damn what a shame... which it would have happened He would have retired MJ style

body88

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
One Defensive play away from a Undefeated Season... Damn what a shame... which it would have happened He would have retired MJ style

I know right. It was actually 3 defensive plays  :( :'(

Missed int by Asante Samuel, Missed sack by Mike Wright and of course the Tyree Play.

Should have never came down to that though, Giants deserved to win.