Author Topic: Question about HIIT  (Read 3582 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Question about HIIT
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Nearly every single day, but I usually take 1 day off every 5 or 6 days, so not exactly every single day. Recently, I have switched from 2 min on/2 min off to 1 min on/1 min off. I'm thinking about going to 1 min on/30 sec off, but I ain't gonna do Tabata, coz I don't think it's as practical since I use a stationary bike for my training, and hitting a 10 sec rest isn't so practical because by the time that the bike re-adjusts it's level of difficulty then it time to re-adjust it again. In my opinion 30 sec is much more plausible and reasonable.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 11:52:40 AM »
What I think that is so "magical" about HIIT training is not the actual training sessions per se, but the fact that it super-charges the metabolism and therefore makes one a "fat-burning machine" ;D I see lots of guys talking about diet, well... In my humble opinion diet don't mean sh!t, as it is all about training, and that INTENSE AND EFFECTIVE TRAINING IS THE HOLY GRAIL TO "ELITE STATUS" ;)

I think the best way to improve your metabolism is putting muscle on.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 11:58:21 AM »
Good point man! So the key could be to plug away at HIIT, while simulataneously adding lean muscle with an effective PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD system of weight-training ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
tabata has shown the best results in studies.

thats 4x 20/10 sec sessions.
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 12:02:29 PM »
Nearly every single day, but I usually take 1 day off every 5 or 6 days, so not exactly every single day. Recently, I have switched from 2 min on/2 min off to 1 min on/1 min off. I'm thinking about going to 1 min on/30 sec off, but I ain't gonna do Tabata, coz I don't think it's as practical since I use a stationary bike for my training, and hitting a 10 sec rest isn't so practical because by the time that the bike re-adjusts it's level of difficulty then it time to re-adjust it again. In my opinion 30 sec is much more plausible and reasonable.

30/15 ?

the ratio should be 2/1.

the thing is when you do it correctly you shouldn't be able to go for longer than 20 secs due to being fucked  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 12:18:45 PM »
Well, 60 sec to 30 sec is a 2 to 1 ratio, so I guess that I can give it a go ;D P.S. I plan on sticking with 6 to 10 work intervals, and once 10 intervals can be properly be compeleted at the same level of intensity, then that's the signal to up the intensity for the next workout.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
Well, 60 sec to 30 sec is a 2 to 1 ratio, so I guess that I can give it a go ;D P.S. I plan on sticking with 6 to 10 work intervals, and once 10 intervals can be properly be compeleted at the same level of intensity, then that's the signal to up the intensity for the next workout.

60 sec all out is very hard.

175lbs by 31st July

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 12:27:22 PM »

I do a different variation of HIIT training....

Get on an elliptical, start moving at the first level at a moderate pace (say like 55 rpms as an example), after 1 minute increase to the next level (keep the pace the same), after the next minute increase to the next level (keep the pace the same) and so on and so forth.... keep doing that until you can't go anymore  ;D  By the time you are done you'll be huffin and puffin like a mad man!

The most important thing is that you keep the rpm's the same (don't decrease), should start to sting at around 12-13 minutes.... I try to do 15 mins of that but I've been up to 20 mins, never could do more!

Its more of a gradual increase than actual "intervals" but its good because its like you're warming up before it starts getting hard!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
Well, hopefully my 71ml/kg/min VO2 Max can pull me through it ;D But, in all seriousness it ain't at dat level no mores, coz I weigh all of about 63 kg at the time, and presently I'm near 80 kg.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2010, 01:32:42 PM »
its amazing how quickly you adapt though  8)
175lbs by 31st July