Author Topic: can anybody out there do a 1 arm pushup/chin ups? i can't! just curious...  (Read 5225 times)

BIG LENNY

c'mon guys! i'm sure one dude out there must be able to! anybody?! 8)

XL™

• Getbig II
  • San Diego is where all the guys like 619 live
c'mon guys! i'm sure one dude out there must be able to! anybody?! 8)
never heard of one arm chinups.  and i cant do a one arm pushup, i think alot of it has to do with balance, not strength.

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i''ve done a one arm push up before. but i dont think anyone can do a one arm chin bc you have to balance you body.ppl that do one arm push ups, widen their legs to balance the other side out.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Z

Crossed fit

The guys over at Crossfit.com have posted video of themselves doing one are chinups and pullups.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Pushups I don't find very impressive but I sure would like to be able to do one arm chin ups, doubt that's gonna happen though, think you need to be pretty light to do that.
Z

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i know a guy who can rep 4 one arm chins from dead hang position. you dont necessarily need to be very light instead you need to be able to chin approx 185% of your b/w (some study proved this) with two arms.

Also its a ridiculously low percentage of ppl who can achieve this. Somewhere in the region one in every 50,000 or something liker that. It also take a lot of time to train for it as you have to build up to it incrementally.

One easy way to do this is to hang a rope over a chin bar holding onto the bar with one hand and the top of the rope as close to the bar as possible. over time you simply and gradually lower your hand position on the rope down (approx 22-23") for the average person and then you should be good to try it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
My guess is some rockclimbers should be good at that sorta thing.
Z

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
Pushups I don't find very impressive but I sure would like to be able to do one arm chin ups, doubt that's gonna happen though, think you need to be pretty light to do that.

yeah, and have shorter arms (especially upper arms).  I think when people do one arm chins its very much dependent on bicep and forearm strength (i'm thinking, remember how you used to do "pull ups" in middle school PE?)
:-)

runnerbabe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
If you can I'm impressed...most days I can barely do my regular pushups---
LOL

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
a firend of mine who is a pretty high level rock/wall climber overhere in the Netherlands
is able to do a few reps of one-arm pull ups. He is incredebly strong in his grip- and pulling
power. He does weigh about 160 lbs. But its a real feat of strength.

peace
d

Crossedfit

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
can do one arm pullups
8 reps is the most ive ever done...
choice is an illusion

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
Can do about 12-14 one arm pushups and 1 or 2 pullups. Remember I am only a man... do not worship me.

Wounded Pup

I betcha J.C. Hicks can    :)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
Posted by: Wounded Pup  Posted on: August 12, 2005, 05:03:47 AM 
Insert Quote 

I betcha J.C. Hicks can     

Yep  8)
Giving 110%

BIG LENNY

and who pray tell is this j.c. hicks dude?  show yourself dude, and send a pic! 

rickjames

I saw a damn near ass whippin at the gym on this subject. Some moron bet guys couldnt do a one armed pull up ( as he said true pull up)

So this bulky powerlifer about 40 yrs old 160 pds put's  one arm on the bar and grabbed his wrist with the other did I think 8 or 9 of em of em and said ...pay up!

The guy claimed they were'nt true chin up and he needed his arm behind his back...so they guy did it again and got  dunno about 4 or 5...

Dickless says nope nope nope you were moving your arm around...evertyone was groaning..you cheap fucker

keep in mind 50.00 on the line

So the powerlifter has a guy put a weight belt around his arm and belt his arm to his waist ...now the guy cant move his arm at all and did 2 of them...

When they guy started making some more excuses ( I never said he could try 3 times) about 12 people  crowded around him saying you better pay up....eventually they let the guy leave but I'm pretty sure his car was light a few windows by the time he did.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
So this bulky powerlifer about 40 yrs old 160 pds.

LMFAO!!!

nice story though.

8)

BIG LENNY

wow! what's with this 50 bucks bet story?! where does this guy live and lift?! in the ghetto, where they come out at night and mug, rape, molest, and rob from you?! no wonder hey are all lifting, cause they probably need to get big so they can survive! LOL! ;D

619Rules

Re: can anybody out there do a 1 arm pushup/chin ups? i can't! just curious...
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 01:54:22 AM »
A true 1 arm chin-up is w/ one hand behind your back.  I can do both, but only b/c I taught myself to do it when I was younger.  I used to practice these a lot when I was a teenager, b/c stupid shit like this is imporant to  you back then.

I heard you could also suck your own dick WeedFuck-any truth to this statement?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: can anybody out there do a 1 arm pushup/chin ups? i can't! just curious...
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 02:10:44 AM »
Marvin Eder used to do one-arm chinups. Very few people over 200 lb can do them.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha