Author Topic: Supplement Industry Scams  (Read 16779 times)

Meso_z

• Getbig V
Re: Supplement Industry Scams
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »
but ,,but but ,,but but but,, mishko and sons said vitargo will make the carb up process phenominally amazing...it just gonna make you look alot different than lee haney who used some sweet potato or franko who used pizza lol

vitargo!!! remember that hysteria over it lol thats how every loser in this cult try to make money ,,out of your ass,,you go work hard and fellas like danta think he can get some goat protien and mix it with some dry beef protien and call it hyperplasmatonix

if there are people i really dont like they are those dantas and tropopinos which is a kid so i forgive him,,and that skip from that board,,i just do not like them ,,really want them to suffer from karma

gh15 approved

gh15 what other protein powder would you recommend? except up your mass, which has carbs.

is optimum still good?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 12:32:31 AM »
Can of tuna does not digest as fast as shaker full if isolated whey mixed in plain water?

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2010, 02:55:09 AM »
Whey has its place for sure. I was more or less bashing people like Progenex, who sell their stuff for insane prices.
(I think Larry Scott sells his protein for huge coin).
Get a good affordable protein if you use it, don't get taken by the scammer's and snake oil salesmen.
A good home made one I use is: Lactaid low fat milk (easy to digest), Ovaltine powder (extra vitamins), one banana, and a scoop of Natty Peanut Butter. Great shake, keeps me full, lots of protein vitamins and healthy fats.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »
Can of tuna does not digest as fast as shaker full if isolated whey mixed in plain water?

Meh.  So what. 

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 03:14:37 AM »
Some of the more expensive stuff is good for people with food in tolerances who have major stomach issues with lactose, and some of the really cheap shit is very clearly laden with fillers (you can actually see the white speckles from sugar in that Body Fortress shit from Walmart).  For most people something like ON or Isopure is fine.  I started using stuff from Charles Poliquin's line about 10 months ago because I got diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome and have some major stomach issues with any lactose whatsoever.  But then again I also have a wholesale account because we use it at my gym so the cost isn't as bad for me.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 04:19:34 AM »
The whole human civilization from day zero is one big lie, scam, deception. The so called BB industry is no exception. There ARE no exceptions

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 04:25:10 AM »
I take vitamin C.

insider

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 05:34:55 AM »
This stuff goes on all the time in the industry.
I know, you don't

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 05:42:12 AM »

maybe you're afraid of missing the post-workout window of opportunity?

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 05:43:42 AM »
Meh.  So what. 

Isn't it essential to provide your body nutrients as fast as possible after heavy exercising? At least in order to advance and in case one don't medicate himself with AAS...

mass243

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 05:48:12 AM »
maybe you're afraid of missing the post-workout window of opportunity?

I don't know... these things have so much to do with psychology...

Mind is so powerful tool. Never underestimate placebo-effect!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 06:08:15 AM »
Isn't it essential to provide your body nutrients as fast as possible after heavy exercising? At least in order to advance and in case one don't medicate himself with AAS...

Just eat a tuna sandwich an hour before training, I reckon.

I don't think protein powder is in any way nutritionally superior to food.  It's possibly inferior since there's no regulation on supps so who knows if the label claims are accurate, heavy metal contamination has been found in some, it's devoid of micronutrients, etc.  These aren't really major concerns though given a balanced diet and it's a convenient way to get protein so if it's working for you then go for it. 

dublaron21

• Getbig I
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
I would agree with with the general sentiment that there are a lot of scams in the supplement industry, and that most products fail to deliver on their promises. In this case, the real scam has been perpetrated by the author.

I'm one of the owners of Progenex and I wanted to give you the real info about why that post was made on Steroid Times. The author and owner of Steroid Times is Anthony Roberts (also known as Anthony Connors), a convicted felon who has spent time in prison and has a $6m+ judgment against him for stealing and selling confidential information from Dynamic Sports Nutrition, which is why he now lives in his mom's basement as a hired gun for people who want to attack companies like mine. And he continues that trend against Progenex by stealing our confidential information, and presents it in a misleading manor that I will elaborate on.

His website, anthonyroberts.co.za, has been removed because of his affinity for destroying companies through fraudulent information and libel, and this post is no exception. His previous website, blog.anthonyroberts.com, was also seized by federal marshals. Before his latest site was shut down he wrote 20 negative posts about Progenex in just 2 months - do you think he probably has an agenda?

He is now being subpoenaed for criminal libel and threats and investigated by police. He and Vince Andrich are part of a criminal ring led by Dr. Scott Connelly, that have been linked to hate crimes against jews, gays and others. They have made it their mission in life to spread false information about our company because Andrich and Connelly are being sued by Progenex for fraud and breach of contract, and Roberts is the outlet they've utilized to defame our company. There is even a website, anthonyroberts.org, dedicated to exposing the truth about him, that he is a cyber-terrorist. You can also learn more about Anthony Roberts Connors here: http://genxxl.com/gossip/anthony-roberts-cyber-terrorism-turns-criminal/

With regards to the financial information that has been posted, Mr. Roberts has manipulated documents to show illogical conclusions in furthering his agenda. Mr. Roberts (or Connors) failed to include one huge cost that was not accounted for in those numbers - the cost of the protein, which is BY FAR the largest aspect of COGS. Since Mr. Roberts has spent his life trying to destroy companies instead of building them, he understandably has no concept of how to read an Income Statement, and the difference between cash and accrual accounting.

And finally, he's showing numbers from BEFORE we reformulated the products with a superior protein anyway, so he's trying to mislead everyone into believing false information, just as he always does. The previous formulation was based on what Dr. Scott Connelly had been selling while CEO & Director of Progenex, which Roberts has continually posted (again, incorrectly) was a superior product to what we are currently selling. What he's actually unwittingly done is allege that his current employer, Dr. Scott Connelly, had fraudulently sold inferior products for an exorbitant price while he was at the helm of Progenex during that time period.

For those who are skeptical about whether a premium product like Progenex is any better, please read this scientific paper to find out why it is superior to other proteins: http://www.scribd.com/doc/44775562/PROGENEX-Recovery-Tech-Article

If anyone wants to contact me directly, I'd be happy to explain in more detail why our products are different from anything else on the market, which is why we can give a 100% money back guarantee when most companies in this industry don't.

Aaron

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »
I would agree with with the general sentiment that there are a lot of scams in the supplement industry, and that most products fail to deliver on their promises. In this case, the real scam has been perpetrated by the author.

I'm one of the owners of Progenex and I wanted to give you the real info about why that post was made on Steroid Times. The author and owner of Steroid Times is Anthony Roberts (also known as Anthony Connors), a convicted felon who has spent time in prison and has a $6m+ judgment against him for stealing and selling confidential information from Dynamic Sports Nutrition, which is why he now lives in his mom's basement as a hired gun for people who want to attack companies like mine. And he continues that trend against Progenex by stealing our confidential information, and presents it in a misleading manor that I will elaborate on.

His website, anthonyroberts.co.za, has been removed because of his affinity for destroying companies through fraudulent information and libel, and this post is no exception. His previous website, blog.anthonyroberts.com, was also seized by federal marshals. Before his latest site was shut down he wrote 20 negative posts about Progenex in just 2 months - do you think he probably has an agenda?

He is now being subpoenaed for criminal libel and threats and investigated by police. He and Vince Andrich are part of a criminal ring led by Dr. Scott Connelly, that have been linked to hate crimes against jews, gays and others. They have made it their mission in life to spread false information about our company because Andrich and Connelly are being sued by Progenex for fraud and breach of contract, and Roberts is the outlet they've utilized to defame our company. There is even a website, anthonyroberts.org, dedicated to exposing the truth about him, that he is a cyber-terrorist. You can also learn more about Anthony Roberts Connors here: http://genxxl.com/gossip/anthony-roberts-cyber-terrorism-turns-criminal/

With regards to the financial information that has been posted, it simply shows that Roberts has no concept of how to read an Income Statement, since he has spent his life trying to destroy companies rather than building them. Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) of 10-15% of retail price is very typical in the supplement industry, and those margins are not unlike many other industries. If you divide the Total Cost of Goods Sold by the Total Income in the graph found in his post, you will see that our COGS were actually much higher, at 24%. So based on the data he has posted, our product is actually TWICE as expensive as most in the industry, even when you factor in the the premium price.

But that's not even close to accurate either, because Mr. Roberts (or Connors) had no idea that there was one huge cost that was not accounted for in those numbers - the cost of the protein, which is BY FAR the largest aspect of COGS. Those costs he has posted include things like packaging, flavoring and mixing, BUT DO NOT INCLUDE MOST OF THE PROTEIN COSTS. Because those financials were on a cash basis rather than accrual, you would actually have to add in around $120k for the cost of the protein that was purchased last November and December, which was used throughout that period. So he has actually showed the public how much more our products cost, both in absolute and relative terms, because when you add that cost, we were actually above 50% COGS. As you can see, Progenex actually costs more to manufacture than most products even sell for, which is why we have a direct-to-consumer model - our products cost too much to sell through stores.

And finally, he's showing numbers from BEFORE we reformulated the products with a superior protein anyway, so he's trying to mislead everyone into believing false information, just as he always does. The previous formulation was based on what Dr. Scott Connelly had been selling while CEO & Director of Progenex, which Roberts has continually posted (again, incorrectly) was a superior product to what we are currently selling. What he's actually unwittingly done is allege that his current employer, Dr. Scott Connelly, had fraudulently sold inferior products for an exorbitant price while he was at the helm of Progenex during that time period.

For those who are skeptical about whether a premium product like Progenex is any better, please read this scientific paper to find out why it is superior to other proteins: http://www.scribd.com/doc/44775562/PROGENEX-Recovery-Tech-Article

If anyone wants to contact me directly, I'd be happy to explain in more detail why our products are different from anything else on the market, which is why we can give a 100% money back guarantee when most companies in this industry don't.

Aaron

tldr

I don't like Anthony Roberts.
Our product used to be complete shit but we're much better now.  Trust us.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

I could get banned just for clicking on this thread!  >:(

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
The whole human civilization from day zero is one big lie, scam, deception. The so called BB industry is no exception. There ARE no exceptions

LOL

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2010, 10:22:50 AM »
I could get banned just for clicking on this thread!  >:(

Uh oh

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 10:30:00 AM »

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »

With regards to the financial information that has been posted, Mr. Roberts has manipulated documents to show illogical conclusions in furthering his agenda. Mr. Roberts (or Connors) failed to include one huge cost that was not accounted for in those numbers - the cost of the protein, which is BY FAR the largest aspect of COGS. Since Mr. Roberts has spent his life trying to destroy companies instead of building them, he understandably has no concept of how to read an Income Statement, and the difference between cash and accrual accounting.

Aaron

Aaron,

I realize you have to defend yourself on every board from that Douche.
My only complaint is with price/markup. People can get great nutrition with food.
Thanks for coming on here and stating your case though.
Protein does have a place in the Iron Game, if folks want to pay that, its up to them.

Trust me, Roberts is the last guy I would take advice from.
Thanks for stepping forward.

(I still use Tuna/Ovaltine/Lactaid/Peanut Butter)  :>)

dublaron21

• Getbig I
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 03:14:48 PM »
Aaron,

I realize you have to defend yourself on every board from that Douche.
My only complaint is with price/markup. People can get great nutrition with food.
Thanks for coming on here and stating your case though.
Protein does have a place in the Iron Game, if folks want to pay that, its up to them.

Trust me, Roberts is the last guy I would take advice from.
Thanks for stepping forward.

(I still use Tuna/Ovaltine/Lactaid/Peanut Butter)  :>)

No problem, I understand. I sure wish our markup was what he reported, we'd be in great shape! Unfortunately, he forgot to mention that we purchased around $120k in protein last December (which was sold over that 7-month period) that was not included in the cost of goods he threw out there. If he really cared about writing an accurate story, he could have easily figured out that he was posting a report on an cash basis, rather than accrual. He must think his readers are idiots if he's trying manipulate them into thinking that we could sell $53k worth of product in March, yet only pay $480 for that product (according to his diagram).

Oh well, every time he posts his lies, I get new people asking me about the products, and we end up acquiring new customers. They say all press is good press, and that's certainly true :)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 07:36:46 PM »
or buy a box of pasta noodles (one dollar) and a jar of newman's own spaghetti sauce (two dollars) and get 6-10 quality tasty meals... for $3 haha
don't forget the lean beef buh
A

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 02:25:09 AM »
No problem, I understand. I sure wish our markup was what he reported, we'd be in great shape! Unfortunately, he forgot to mention that we purchased around $120k in protein last December (which was sold over that 7-month period) that was not included in the cost of goods he threw out there. If he really cared about writing an accurate story, he could have easily figured out that he was posting a report on an cash basis, rather than accrual. He must think his readers are idiots if he's trying manipulate them into thinking that we could sell $53k worth of product in March, yet only pay $480 for that product (according to his diagram).

Oh well, every time he posts his lies, I get new people asking me about the products, and we end up acquiring new customers. They say all press is good press, and that's certainly true :)

Again, thanks for the detail. I guess nothing that tool says is true.

If he can get out of his Ma's basement, stop smoking, maybe he can get a life and pay back his debts.
CNN of the Steroid World, oh brother   ::) ::)

dublaron21

• Getbig I
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2010, 09:42:58 AM »
Again, thanks for the detail. I guess nothing that tool says is true.

If he can get out of his Ma's basement, stop smoking, maybe he can get a life and pay back his debts.
CNN of the Steroid World, oh brother   ::) ::)

LOL, I guess now that his website has gone missing there's no more coverage from the CNN of the Steroid World. He's going to have a tough time paying those debts back without a website, and considering that the interest alone on his judgment is around $30k/yr.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2010, 03:30:26 PM »
There is this older dude at my gym. Big upper body. Anyway, he buys jugs of muscle-tech products each month, and he drives a wreck 90-something chevy cavalier , hold together with duct tape and bugie cords. So i guess the ads work.
A

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
on a side note up your m.ass has been working wonders for big spike here

Im up to almost 271 but Im holdin water or somethg but i started talkin injectable cynocobalamin when i started up your m.ass too

thx gh15

also i am doin my gh shots in my delts and I up'd the slin although I know he frown upon that but I need more deiselness ;)