Author Topic: I'm throwing in the towel!  (Read 16461 times)

cephissus

• Getbig V
I'm throwing in the towel!
« on: December 13, 2010, 07:30:18 PM »
Today I got home and thought, "I've had it!  I can't go through another crappy workout!"  The thought of doing arms and shoulders tomorrow, getting no pump, lifting no weight, and going home dejected again only to cram my face full of chicken and rice, hoping "better luck next time!" made me sick.

I've been "bodybuilding" for seven, almost eight years now and only just recently started reading getbig.  Before this, I had no idea how prevalent steroid use was outside of professional and amateur competition, or that mutant physiques could be achieved in just a few months with the right drugs and a solid foundation!  Anyway that's somewhat beside the point.

The point is, bodybuilding just isn't rewarding for me anymore, and hasn't been for a long time, now that I think about it.  I've always had an obsessive drive in the gym, and this got me hurt many, many times.  I rarely did research on training technique unless I had an injury and couldn't progress.  And even then, I would rather push through and eek out one more rep just to beat the logbook than pay attention to my body's warning signals.  Eventually I learned that I had to listen to my instincts in the gym, but I'm afraid it's too late.  These days, every time I set foot in the gym I feel like I'm walking on pins and needles -- one false move and my lower back is out for a week.  Additionally my muscles feel dead and unresponsive probably ninety percent of the time, which is by far the most frustrating feeling.

I don't mean to ramble, so I'll wrap this up.  Tonight, I decided to lose it all.  All my fat, and maybe even all my muscle (we'll see).  Especially I want to lose this massive, distended gut (my waistline is over 42 inches now from massive overeating -- 5500 clean calories a day).  Another factor contributing to my decision is my genetic predisposition for hypertension.  I've spent the last several years of my life probably above 150 / 80-90, and that has to change sooner or later.

After reading wavelengths dieting strategy, I've decided to make a diet plan tonight, and for once take things in the opposite direction.  I'll do my best in the gym, three times a week, but honestly at this point I don't even care if I lose lots of muscle.  After thinking about my workouts and analyzing everything day and night in hopes of further progress, I've come to the conclusion that the best thing for me right now is to simply lay off and hope my body can repair itself.  If that happens, maybe I'll come back some day, and use all that I've learned to do things right.

Anyway, enough dreariness!  :D

I want to go from this:

(~257 lbs)

back to this:

(~185 lbs -- I had no legs  :o)

and beyond!

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
Re: I'm throwing in the towel!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 07:34:26 PM »
where is the time machine you used to find a black and white camera?

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »
Who in the blue hell are you? And I really don't think ANYONE would really read your entire post.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
im new, of course.

short version:  sick of cramming my face all day, trying to work around injuries, being a lumbering mess, etc.

time to drop the weight!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:38:09 PM »
Who in the blue hell are you? And I really don't think ANYONE would really read your entire post.

:-[

u look like u hold some good muscle there cephissus  8)
follow the arrows

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 07:39:17 PM »
Today I got home and thought, "I've had it!  I can't go through another crappy workout!"  The thought of doing arms and shoulders tomorrow, getting no pump, lifting no weight, and going home dejected again only to cram my face full of chicken and rice, hoping "better luck next time!" made me sick.

I've been "bodybuilding" for seven, almost eight years now and only just recently started reading getbig.  Before this, I had no idea how prevalent steroid use was outside of professional and amateur competition, or that mutant physiques could be achieved in just a few months with the right drugs and a solid foundation!  Anyway that's somewhat beside the point.

The point is, bodybuilding just isn't rewarding for me anymore, and hasn't been for a long time, now that I think about it.  I've always had an obsessive drive in the gym, and this got me hurt many, many times.  I rarely did research on training technique unless I had an injury and couldn't progress.  And even then, I would rather push through and eek out one more rep just to beat the logbook than pay attention to my body's warning signals.  Eventually I learned that I had to listen to my instincts in the gym, but I'm afraid it's too late.  These days, every time I set foot in the gym I feel like I'm walking on pins and needles -- one false move and my lower back is out for a week.  Additionally my muscles feel dead and unresponsive probably ninety percent of the time, which is by far the most frustrating feeling.

I don't mean to ramble, so I'll wrap this up.  Tonight, I decided to lose it all.  All my fat, and maybe even all my muscle (we'll see).  Especially I want to lose this massive, distended gut (my waistline is over 42 inches now from massive overeating -- 5500 clean calories a day).  Another factor contributing to my decision is my genetic predisposition for hypertension.  I've spent the last several years of my life probably above 150 / 80-90, and that has to change sooner or later.

After reading wavelengths dieting strategy, I've decided to make a diet plan tonight, and for once take things in the opposite direction.  I'll do my best in the gym, three times a week, but honestly at this point I don't even care if I lose lots of muscle.  After thinking about my workouts and analyzing everything day and night in hopes of further progress, I've come to the conclusion that the best thing for me right now is to simply lay off and hope my body can repair itself.  If that happens, maybe I'll come back some day, and use all that I've learned to do things right.

I want to go from this:

and beyond!

You're an idiot.

Why not diet right, eat good stuff, do some HIIT cardio, lose the fat and keep the muscle??

Don't be another pussy idiot that tries to diet on junk food and lose muscle.

Do it right, you will be rewarded.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 07:42:05 PM »
I'm planning on doing all that, except HIIT!

I might do HIIT if it seems necessary, but I was going to try to follow wavelength's protocol first.  Any I'm not really going to go out of my way to lose muscle, it's just that I don't expect to be able to hang onto it while dieting down because my workouts suck so much these days from all the injuries.

Also,

:-[

u look like u hold some good muscle there cephissus  8)

Thanks!

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »
im new, of course.

short version:  sick of cramming my face all day, trying to work around injuries, being a lumbering mess, etc.

time to drop the weight!

I was talking to Sal... LOL jk

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
I'm planning on doing all that, except HIIT!

I might do HIIT if it seems necessary, but I was going to try to follow wavelength's protocol first.  Any I'm not really going to go out of my way to lose muscle, it's just that I don't expect to be able to hang onto it while dieting down because my workouts suck so much these days from all the injuries.

Also,

Thanks!

Well, have your way but don't say i didn't warn you afterwards.

Have fun with 100g protein shakes and one junk meal daily.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
Excellent use of the Kamali photography principles

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 07:53:09 PM »
 I totally agree with the OP and I made the same decision a while back. I decided to go for good shape, cuts, and athleticism. And I decided to stop the bulking and meathead regimen.

And surprisingly, my training is still going awesome, it's gotten a lot better. I have barely lost any strength.

I feel better. I get better pumps and more motivated to lift. I've got vascularity, and look better. Blood pressure dropped down.

Women are attracted to my body again. Face it guys, women DON'T like a chubby guy no matter how much muscle he's carrying underneath.

It's better all around to just go for health instead of permabulking. Like the OP said, the proper combo of drugs can turn someone into a mutant within months. So why go through a strict bulking regimen as a natty? It's just kinda stupid.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 07:55:07 PM »

I want to go from this:

(~257 lbs)

back to this:

(~185 lbs -- I had no legs  :o)

and beyond!

M-E-L-T-D-O-W-N... :'(

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
Ahhh, my first melt! :)

Also thanks blackflag, I'm glad to hear it's going good for you!

Like I said, I may try to get big again in the future, after my body heals, and equipped with the knowledge I've gained from almost a decade of lifting... but I'd like to see how I feel after dropping a lot of weight and staying that way for a while.

I can definitely tell you I'm already looking forward to the reduced amount of eating, very, very much!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 08:02:57 PM »

Like I said, I may try to get big again in the future, after my body heals, and equipped with the knowledge I've gained from almost a decade of lifting... but I'd like to see how I feel after dropping a lot of weight and staying that way for a while.

I can definitely tell you I'm already looking forward to the reduced amount of eating, very, very much!!!

Dude, you want to diet because you were lazy over a few years and got fat, don't make it look special.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:12 PM »

Dont throw in the towel!  Tie it around your neck and hang yourself instead.
Welcome to thunderdome, bitch.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:33 PM »
Well, have your way but don't say i didn't warn you afterwards.

Have fun with 100g protein shakes and one junk meal daily.  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I'm working out my new diet right now.

My main meal is going to be chicken tenders mixed with rice and a little olive oil and salsa with some fruit on the side.  In the morning I'll have muesli and some protein powder.  Post workout, a little shake of oats, milk, olive oil, and protein powder.

So far I've planned out about 3000 calories of it, need another 500 since I'm gonna start by shooting for 3500 cal/day.

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
I feel ya bro some people don't have the genetics. I just strained my bicep real bad and found out I have some nerve impingment in my back. I'm seeing a good Chriropractor. He took xrays first visit only charges me 10 bucks for session I get a 45 minute massage to. It's really helping. He showed me picture of my spine where it's messed up so I know what I'm deeling with. Plus if you loose 10-15 pounds you will be amazed how much better you feel.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:07:44 PM »
Clever gimmick, be interested to see which direction he takes it, Im thinking an adonis gimmick whereby the "guy" claims to eat ice cream and bath in sugar water and gets back to a ripped 185 in 3 months?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »
Dude, you want to diet because you were lazy over a few years and got fat, don't make it look special.

:)

I crammed my face religiously with meals I hated, worked out six days a week, and tirelessly sought to improve my performance in the gym by learning more and trying to correct issues with recovery, flexibility, diet, lifting technique, etc.

I beat my body into a pulp and forced it to keep going.  I know the results aren't that great, but what can I say... I was very very stupid in the gym for a long time.

And now my body just won't cooperate.  That's all that's happened, nothing more, nothing less.  Laziness, however, is one thing I don't think I can be accused of.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:04 PM »
I'm working out my new diet right now.

My main meal is going to be chicken tenders mixed with rice and a little olive oil and salsa with some fruit on the side.  In the morning I'll have muesli and some protein powder.  Post workout, a little shake of oats, milk, olive oil, and protein powder.

So far I've planned out about 3000 calories of it, need another 500 since I'm gonna start by shooting for 3500 cal/day.

LOL, what's that to do with wavelength principles??

WL principles means starve yourself to death on one big junk food meal and protein shakes without cardio every day.

Do you have any clue about what your calorie needs are?? You are natural and want to "diet" on 3500 calories?

Sorry pal, diet sucks, no cardio, you will fail badly.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
:)

I crammed my face religiously with meals I hated, worked out six days a week, and tirelessly sought to improve my performance in the gym by learning more and trying to correct issues with recovery, flexibility, diet, lifting technique, etc.

I beat my body into a pulp and forced it to keep going.  I know the results aren't that great, but what can I say... I was very very stupid in the gym for a long time.

And now my body just won't cooperate.  That's all that's happened, nothing more, nothing less.  Laziness, however, is one thing I don't think I can be accused of.

And now you are going to make the next mistake with this ridiculous diet.

Have fun.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
I feel ya bro some people don't have the genetics. I just strained my bicep real bad and found out I have some nerve impingment in my back. I'm seeing a good Chriropractor. He took xrays first visit only charges me 10 bucks for session I get a 45 minute massage to. It's really helping. He showed me picture of my spine where it's messed up so I know what I'm deeling with. Plus if you loose 10-15 pounds you will be amazed how much better you feel.

Does the nerve impingement interfere with your ability to use your muscles?  I feel like I could certainly have a problem like that.

Things might be different if I had a lot of money and access to good, knowledgeable physicians, but at this point I think all I can do is sit back and see if things work themselves out while I try to lose some weight.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 08:12:08 PM »

Don't forget to tell this guy about the bill you got in the mail for $250 for what your Chriropractor called "an oral examination" ;)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
LOL, what's that to do with wavelength principles??

WL principles means starve yourself to death on one big junk food meal and protein shakes without cardio every day.

Do you have any clue about what your calorie needs are?? You are natural and want to "diet" on 3500 calories?

Sorry pal, diet sucks, no cardio, you will fail badly.

Oh, maybe I'm mistaken?  I'm going off what I read in this post (which has also been posted on getbig):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=312607141&postcount=1305

I now stay at a pretty steady bodyweight at about 4500 calories, so I figure 3500 should be enough to get things moving in the opposite direction.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 08:15:12 PM »
 LMAO at people who count calories and plan meals.

I just eat what I feel like, when I feel like it.