Author Topic: SHAWN RAY Selling Oxygen Supplements  (Read 10852 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
SHAWN RAY Selling Oxygen Supplements
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:52:56 AM »

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Re: SHAWN RAY Selling Oxygen Supplements
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:00:39 AM »
so sad
North of Italy

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »
I would just go with a portable Oxyen Tank between sets these supplements look like bullshit.  8)

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 08:17:36 AM »
Remember when Shawn was sponsered by Vytoech...

There supplements were the worst ever, never heard one good review about them

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 08:25:11 AM »
Seriously?! DUDE.. dont blow your legacy!
You want to make money as a person who's spent years in bodybuilding, then punch out an underground book on your insider knowledge of how drugs are used and how YOU used them safely and effectively over all those years... Thats where the money is at.
Just as others, dont put their name on it, but an abbreviation of it and use a small publisher or print/publish yourself and be making a house payment every month with the proceeds. Done. Oxygen... :-\

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »
LMFAO... Damn yo, you mean all these years I shouldn't have been holding my breath when I worked out?!  LOL

::) What a joke

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »
so classy our tranny lover
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:47 AM »
so classy our tranny lover

someone please quote it before he cancel it  ;D ;D ;D ;D
North of Italy

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 08:49:35 AM »
pathetic

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »
homo
North of Italy

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 08:50:57 AM »

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:09 AM »
Elvis once told a fan.."I'm not The King...but I sing for Him." That is all anyone needs to know about Elvis.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 09:25:56 AM »
shut ut idiot
North of Italy

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 01:26:30 PM »
LOL

MadCroc29

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
wouldn't prolonged use of a product like this, during training for a specific event or sport (if it actually works) be detrimental to endurance during competition by actually promoting a lower hematocrit level

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 02:35:49 PM »
wouldn't prolonged use of a product like this, during training for a specific event or sport (if it actually works) be detrimental to endurance during competition by actually promoting a lower hematocrit level

lol dude... First of all, without going into a lecture on Pulmonary physiology, I will just say you are WAY off... The HCT is your proportion of blood volume that is composed of Red Blood Cells... Oxygen has absolutely no effect on your HCT level.

Pretty much ditto for your Hemoglobin- which is essentially your iron containing oxygen carrying component of your blood. If "too much" oxygen could dilute your blood and lower your Hemoglobin, then wouldnt you think that people on supplemental oxygen would end up needing blood transfusions? LOL This is of course not the case...

The plain and simple fact is- What you probably feel from this product is a little BUZZ... Oxygen bars have been around in LA and other places for years. There is no medical benefit for a healthy bodybuilder or fitness person to sniff some 100% O2 for short bursts before, during or after training. It's a total bullshit scam of a product, and given that Shawn Ray is endorsing it, that should tell you all you need to know...

out!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 02:39:40 PM »
I love the fact that instead of employing a professional bodybuilder who "might" actually use this product during their training, they instead hire Shawn Ray who hasn't been in competition for nearly a decade and is clearly past his prime.

To further add insult to injury, they purposely keep showing pictures of Shawn Ray during his prime, winning events and while doing photo shoots, all examples of a Shawn Ray that had then never even heard of Oxygen4Energy or their ridiculous ideas and who was clearly using hormones.

For legal purposes, they did have Shawn mention that he would have benefited greatly if these products were around during the time of his competitive days.  Clearly, even this is a marketing tactic since you know that by the time this little veiled disclaimer was mentioned, whomever had been watching this infomercial had probably stopped listening to any excess information that he was obviously reading off of a prompter.

Shawn, should put out his own supplement line...
"1"

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 02:41:27 PM »
I love the fact that instead of employing a professional bodybuilder who "might" actually use this product during their training, they instead hire Shawn Ray who hasn't been in competition for nearly a decade and is clearly past his prime.

To further add insult to injury, they purposely keep showing pictures of Shawn Ray during his prime, winning events and while doing photo shoots, all examples of a Shawn Ray that had then never even heard of Oxygen4Energy or their ridiculous ideas and who was clearly using hormones.

For legal purposes, they did have Shawn mention that he would have benefited greatly if these products were around during the time of his competitive days.  Clearly, even this is a marketing tactic since you know that by the time this little veiled disclaimer was mentioned, whomever had been watching this infomercial had probably stopped listening to any excess information that he was obviously reading off of a prompter.

Shawn, should put out his own supplement line...
"1"

Well said bro!

MadCroc29

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 02:45:54 PM »
i was thinking it would have the opposite effect to high altitude training which would increase hematocrit by training in a less oxygenated environment... i'm not saying it would lower it to a detrimental level in normal persons but it would not provide any benefit to en endurance athlete during competition...only hinder their performance

regulation of EPO is by meaasuring blood oxygenation content so how does oxygen not effect hematocrit?

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 02:53:12 PM »
the partial pressure of oxygen has no bearing on the hemoglobin concentration. EPO use is based of hematocrit levels which is the ratio of red blood cells as compared to all other components of blood, as previously stated. The normal value may go up to around 50% in a healthy adult male, and could be higher due to dehydration or a myeloproliferative disorder.

The majority of people have no clue whatsoever, however, oxygen is toxic! Inhaled concentrations exceeding roughly 50% for 8 hours or more will cause lung damage. More is not better for normal, healthy people.
Team Yates

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 02:53:39 PM »
i was thinking it would have the opposite effect to high altitude training which would increase hematocrit by training in a less oxygenated environment... i'm not saying it would lower it to a detrimental level in normal persons but it would not provide any benefit to en endurance athlete during competition...only hinder their performance

regulation of EPO is by meaasuring blood oxygenation content so how does oxygen not effect hematocrit?

The short answer is giving 02 in this way would very unlike produce a change in your O2 saturation...

Regulation of EPO is pretty complex and still to this day not entirely understood (honestly, nor do I remember all of the pathways...)... we know Kidneys produce most of it and a little bit in the liver, but again, without a massive change in O2 Sat, not much will change was my point.

Another BS product on the market.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »
the partial pressure of oxygen has no bearing on the hemoglobin concentration. EPO use is based of hematocrit levels which is the ratio of red blood cells as compared to all other components of blood, as previously stated. The normal value may go up to around 50% in a healthy adult male, and could be higher due to dehydration or a myeloproliferative disorder.

The majority of people have no clue whatsoever, however, oxygen is toxic! Inhaled concentrations exceeding roughly 50% for 8 hours or more will cause lung damage. More is not better for normal, healthy people.

Yep very true... giving supplemental O2 to the wrong person can really F them up

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
It's a travesty that this man never won a Sandow.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »

While EPO regulation is certainly related to blood oxygenation levels, it's only when you have that decrease in oxygen that the phenomenon will then cause a feedback mechanism in the renal system that will prompt the kidneys to produce erythropoietin, which then results in an increased production of red blood cells.  While this feedback mechanism is certainly useful (Increase Hematocrit = Increase in the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood), a reciprocal effect isn't seen when you increase oxygen.

On the flip side, if you increase oxygen levels tremendously, you can actually cause some fatal effects to the body, particularly to the pulmonary system and the central nervous system (seizures).  Instead of having a feedback mechanism that somehow deters the overall ability for you to consume or even carry the large amount of oxygen, you then have pulmonary (collapse lung) and neural effects. If you could just increase hematocrit by taking in oxygen, you would then be able to increase the overall percentage of hematocrit above safe levels (Safe levels as within that therapeutic range 37%-54%, encompassing both men and women), which could then raise hematocrit levels above 60% which can actually cause spontaneous blood clotting, not much of a happy ending.

A DUB, jump in here when you have a chance..

"1"