Author Topic: SHAWN RAY Selling Oxygen Supplements  (Read 10874 times)

MadCroc29

• Getbig II
Re: SHAWN RAY Selling Oxygen Supplements
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
yea hypoxia so no hypoxia no epo production...i now how it works i don't need a lecture, sat threw plenty, i was just trying to make a point that this product would do nothing for training purposes  ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 03:26:15 PM »
puro O2 is very dangerous

do NOT do it

these people are crazy !

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 03:46:05 PM »
While EPO regulation is certainly related to blood oxygenation levels, it's only when you have that decrease in oxygen that the phenomenon will then cause a feedback mechanism in the renal system that will prompt the kidneys to produce erythropoietin, which then results in an increased production of red blood cells.  While this feedback mechanism is certainly useful (Increase Hematocrit = Increase in the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood), a reciprocal effect isn't seen when you increase oxygen.

On the flip side, if you increase oxygen levels tremendously, you can actually cause some fatal effects to the body, particularly to the pulmonary system and the central nervous system (seizures).  Instead of having a feedback mechanism that somehow deters the overall ability for you to consume or even carry the large amount of oxygen, you then have pulmonary (collapse lung) and neural effects. If you could just increase hematocrit by taking in oxygen, you would then be able to increase the overall percentage of hematocrit above safe levels (Safe levels as within that therapeutic range 37%-54%, encompassing both men and women), which could then raise hematocrit levels above 60% which can actually cause spontaneous blood clotting, not much of a happy ending.

A DUB, jump in here when you have a chance..

"1"

LOL I'll leave this convo for you smart IM guys!!! If you need something cut out, put in or sewn up give me a hollar LOL But i absolutely agree with everything you said. Certainly there is something to be said about training at high altitude and its overall hematologic effects, but this isnt the case with supplemental O2 LOL

While i dont think someone would be able to reach toxic levels of O2 with this supplement, it wouldnt surprise me if gym rats get a hold of it and take 5x the recommended dose and reaching toxicity.

Plain and simply put, if you are training and out of breath... Rest a few minutes and get back into your workout, you'll have all the oxygen you need!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 04:05:20 PM »
Shawn gotta keep the income coming, guys

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 04:09:42 PM »
The owner of that company has to be Jewish.

England_1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 04:29:09 PM »
While EPO regulation is certainly related to blood oxygenation levels, it's only when you have that decrease in oxygen that the phenomenon will then cause a feedback mechanism in the renal system that will prompt the kidneys to produce erythropoietin, which then results in an increased production of red blood cells.  While this feedback mechanism is certainly useful (Increase Hematocrit = Increase in the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood), a reciprocal effect isn't seen when you increase oxygen.

On the flip side, if you increase oxygen levels tremendously, you can actually cause some fatal effects to the body, particularly to the pulmonary system and the central nervous system (seizures).  Instead of having a feedback mechanism that somehow deters the overall ability for you to consume or even carry the large amount of oxygen, you then have pulmonary (collapse lung) and neural effects. If you could just increase hematocrit by taking in oxygen, you would then be able to increase the overall percentage of hematocrit above safe levels (Safe levels as within that therapeutic range 37%-54%, encompassing both men and women), which could then raise hematocrit levels above 60% which can actually cause spontaneous blood clotting, not much of a happy ending.

A DUB, jump in here when you have a chance..

"1"

The only thing I'll add is that CNS toxicity can only occur at hyperbaric pressures, typically above 2 ATM.
Team Yates

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 04:57:42 PM »
Shawn cant even walk up a flight of stairs without the use of an Oxygen tank these days.

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 05:53:09 PM »
Shawn gotta keep the income coming, guys
Right.

It's sad to see what's happened to him, Flex, and some of the other guys.  No pensions, benefits or anything...Having to push these supplement scams.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »
Right.

It's sad to see what's happened to him, Flex, and some of the other guys.  No pensions, benefits or anything...Having to push these supplement scams.

You're kidding me right?  The IFBB does not provide their athletes with some form of pension or retirement benefits?

That doesn't sound right,
"1"

Azure

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
You're kidding me right?  The IFBB does not provide their athletes with some form of pension or retirement benefits?

That doesn't sound right,
"1"

I could be wrong...but I don't think there are any benefits like with SAG.  That's why these guys are out here hustling like this.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
Gym outfit of the future ???

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 08:00:36 AM »
It's a travesty that this man never won a Sandow.

x2

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2010, 08:01:46 AM »
What's so wrong with Shawn making more money? And he will while the rest of you bitch on here.  :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 08:24:14 AM »
Next you'll see Shawn in JC Penney ads, modeling suits and summer wear, with that stupid car salesman grin of his...hey that's how Garcelle Beauvois (sp) started (Fancy on the Jaime Foxx show).

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Next you'll see Shawn in JC Penney ads, modeling suits and summer wear, with that stupid car salesman grin of his...hey that's how Garcelle Beauvois (sp) started (Fancy on the Jaime Foxx show).

Here's a hint on how he will look

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 10:17:17 PM »
Oxygen won't help at all.