Author Topic: tonite i had to say a hindu chant to snap myself out of having labored breathin  (Read 3353 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
latley  i had been going to bed latley fairly early. I was pretty physically bored or fatigued, but mentally my mind had been craving to be satisfied, ive been having weird dreams again the other night i dreamed i was around a cave of sorts or a mountain and some old elementeray school classmate and others were trying to tell me how to time travel....

so tonite i got bored with that and wanted to stay up and read some 1971 national geographic. then as i lay on the couch it seemed that focusing on the words and breathing was a chore, it irritated me and scared me some (because ive encountered this shit before). I first tried just kinda holdin my breath and tensin my abs wich lowerd my heart rate considerably while i did that. but then after i finished that, the innability to concentrate and innability to breath without effort was soon an immediate chore again. Then i rememberd to say a hindu chant for whenever i felt in danger, it seemed to work. I beleived it would work because i remember the care an old friend gave to me when he wrote me the chant on a peice of paper and told me to never forget it.

and before any disbelievers go on about how mantras are bullshit...well there is a very real science of sound schematics

like even now at night when im fatigued my body forgets to breath it wants to be asleep but my mind is wanting to look at shit on the net  >:(
A

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Mr. Falcon, I see "Your meeting the monkey halfway".  Good for you on your spiritual journey of samsara.  Not lets see Part Two of the Jethro Tull workout...

Staying Positive since...

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
latley  i had been going to bed latley fairly early. I was pretty physically bored or fatigued, but mentally my mind had been craving to be satisfied, ive been having weird dreams again the other night i dreamed i was around a cave of sorts or a mountain and some old elementeray school classmate and others were trying to tell me how to time travel....

so tonite i got bored with that and wanted to stay up and read some 1971 national geographic. then as i lay on the couch it seemed that focusing on the words and breathing was a chore, it irritated me and scared me some (because ive encountered this shit before). I first tried just kinda holdin my breath and tensin my abs wich lowerd my heart rate considerably while i did that. but then after i finished that, the innability to concentrate and innability to breath without effort was soon an immediate chore again. Then i rememberd to say a hindu chant for whenever i felt in danger, it seemed to work. I beleived it would work because i remember the care an old friend gave to me when he wrote me the chant on a peice of paper and told me to never forget it.

and before any disbelievers go on about how mantras are bullshit...well there is a very real science of sound schematics

like even now at night when im fatigued my body forgets to breath it wants to be asleep but my mind is wanting to look at shit on the net  >:(
Wtf is that shit?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

this has happened to me before, when you start to consciously think about breathing it can 'turn off' your normal automatic, unnoticed breathing system. it will freak you out when you realise you have to actually focus on taking each breath, and it throws off your balances and disrupts everything leaving you lightheaded and in a panic. if forgot how i managed to restore my breathing to automatic

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
this has happened to me before, when you start to consciously think about breathing it can 'turn off' your normal automatic, unnoticed breathing system. it will freak you out when you realise you have to actually focus on taking each breath, and it throws off your balances and disrupts everything leaving you lightheaded and in a panic. if forgot how i managed to restore my breathing to automatic
yes i think this is something that developes in late 20s early 30's for me

i  couldnt concentrate on what i was reading while breathing was off. whenever my breathing is off i tend to make slight facial twitches grimaces or expressions
A

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Johnny are you sure you don't have sleep apnea ?

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
yes i think this is something that developes in late 20s early 30's for me

i  couldnt concentrate on what i was reading while breathing was off. whenever my breathing is off i tend to make slight facial twitches grimaces or expressions
Like this? I wish i could have seen that johnny. I bet it was interesting.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Like this? I wish i could have seen that johnny. I bet it was interesting.

probably like semi blinking or twitching/eye twiching if im not breathing properly
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Johnny are you sure you don't have sleep apnea ?

doesnt happen while im sleeping but it can happen while im relaxing especially at night if i stay up later than normal....ill hit this stage of breathing abnormalityies then be up for a while. never have problems sleeping like a rock
A

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
doesnt happen while im sleeping but it can happen while im relaxing especially at night if i stay up later than normal....ill hit this stage of breathing abnormalityies then be up for a while. never have problems sleeping like a rock

Go get a sleep study done. It did not do shit for me but it might help you out.
D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Go get a sleep study done. It did not do shit for me but it might help you out.

doesnt happen during sleep though, only when relaxing.

I dream heavily and vividly, i hope to be the first to have a camera implanted in my cornea to be having the first visually recorded dream
A

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V

I dream heavily and vividly, i hope to be the first to have a camera implanted in my cornea to be having the first visually recorded dream

I sleep 2-4 hours per day and have never dreamed.  :-\ :-\ I am a insomniac and have epilepsy.  :-\

Maybe the National Institute of Health would do this for free and it is located in Bethesda, Maryland.  ;)
D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I sleep 2-4 hours per day and have never dreamed.  :-\ :-\ I am a insomniac and have epilepsy.  :-\

Maybe the National Institute of Health would do this for free and it is located in Bethesda, Maryland.  ;)

dam man sorry to hear that

most of the time i am too bored to stay up late,  i could probably get by with less sleep if i tried but would have to consume coffe wich would probably give me a heart attack

i dont know how u can function on that, id probably be having hallucinations n shit ive always slept on average 8 but latley ill sleep 9-10 cause i get bored so i sleep more but have wonderful exciting dreams

if you have a desk job you might very well may have too much stored energy that you are not using to make you tired enough to sleep?
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

Stop relaxing immediately.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
dam man sorry to hear that

most of the time i am too bored to stay up late,  i could probably get by with less sleep if i tried but would have to consume coffe wich would probably give me a heart attack

i dont know how u can function on that, id probably be having hallucinations n shit ive always slept on average 8 but latley ill sleep 9-10 cause i get bored so i sleep more but have wonderful exciting dreams

if you have a desk job you might very well may have too much stored energy that you are not using to make you tired enough to sleep?

I cannot use Coffee because it will cause me to suffer a seizure so i must be sure as to what my body takes in.

I have a office job but i move around alot too.  ;)

I just have anger problems and get irritated when seeing stupid ass people. what gives?
D

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
Chants are good for when I ingest large amounts of mushrooms, or drop too much acid. blahahahahaha. Here's how it goes: Bring it back !!! Im losing my mind! Fuck! fuck what is this? Why in the world am i the way i am? oh my god i'm oging to die one day?! This is all i've amounted to? What do I do when I do amount to anything? WHAT IS ANYTHING? I am something, so how have I amounted to nothing?! Is anyone anything? Why is this even worth doing? Oh my god!!@!!If they find my weed im fucking going to jail again, fuck! Am I evder going to come down? Maybe I did come down and this is it? Holy shit.   ;D Oh I love bad trips. And then the chants begin to take my mind off this craziness.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Chants are good for when I ingest large amounts of mushrooms, or drop too much acid. blahahahahaha. Here's how it goes: Bring it back !!! Im losing my mind! Fuck! fuck what is this? Why in the world am i the way i am? oh my god i'm oging to die one day?! This is all i've amounted to? What do I do when I do amount to anything? WHAT IS ANYTHING? I am something, so how have I amounted to nothing?! Is anyone anything? Why is this even worth doing? Oh my god!!@!!If they find my weed im fucking going to jail again, fuck! Am I evder going to come down? Maybe I did come down and this is it? Holy shit.   ;D Oh I love bad trips. And then the chants begin to take my mind off this craziness.

FANNTASTIC POST! i agree start chanting IMMEDIATLEY when we feel "unstable"
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Off topic, there is a a toal lunar eclipse Monday night Falcon could mess with your emotions.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/OH/OH2010.html#LE2010Dec21T

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Off topic, there is a a toal lunar eclipse Monday night Falcon could mess with your emotions.

EXCELLENT POST! i WILL begin READING THIS IMMEDIATLEY!!  ;D
A

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Also...was it Hindu or Buddhist?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
In before Tim's weegar pic post.   ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

i may have to set my alarm to see this event would be very cool to see a blood red moon
A

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: tonite i had to say a hindu chant to snap myself out of having labored brea
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 08:57:00 AM »
"Then i rememberd to say a hindu chant for whenever i felt in danger, it seemed to work."

John, Can you please send us a copy of that Hindu chant?

Thanks, Stunt.

biff

• Getbig IV
daily meditation is proven to be a stress reliever/have a calming effect. doesnt matter mantra, prayer, or saying ooohhmm...it relaxes the mind and body.

i hope to be the first to have a camera implanted in my cornea to be having the first visually recorded dream

you're joking right?

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent

wouldn't it have to be implanted in the pineal gland though?  I think that could work. everything you see with your eyes closed would get recorded, like dreams and visions and any type thought that produces images in your mind.

the pineal gland have much of the same components as an outer eye but it's in the middle of the brain. don't know if it has an eyelid but retina etc is there.