Author Topic: who's been to prison?  (Read 15158 times)

newmom

Re: who's been to prison?
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 08:12:10 AM »
soft ass - you worked in like cumberland county corrections - that place is soft as hell

fckn nggas up there dont know shit and usually just get arrested for dumb shit like stealing cars or jackin catalytic convertors

what a wank - go work at a federal correctional facility b4 you chime in with your soft, teddy bear jail stories ::)

OUCH

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 08:15:32 AM »
soft ass - you worked in like cumberland county corrections - that place is soft as hell

fckn nggas up there dont know shit and usually just get arrested for dumb shit like stealing cars or jackin catalytic convertors

what a wank - go work at a federal correctional facility b4 you chime in with your soft, teddy bear jail stories ::)

hahaha..... I think they keep getting arrested for throwning shit off of over-passes in that neck of the woods, Spike.  And the "gangs" are some rip-off of the Crips that some little turd saw on a Dr. Dre video......

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:31 AM »

i've been in jail plenty of times - no prison, no convictinos but I still cant get an apartment on my own cause of my 'record' fckn assault charges ::)

I'm sorry if I come across as naive with regards to legal matters, but if you had no convictions (as mentioned above), how can you still have a record?

When convicted, you are found guilty of an actual crime, if not convicted you are then released and the charges are dropped with no record to be had.

Help me out here chief, how do you have a record with no prior convictions?
"1"

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 10:38:10 AM »
I'm sorry if I come across as naive with regards to legal matters, but if you had no convictions (as mentioned above), how can you still have a record?

When convicted, you are found guilty of an actual crime, if not convicted you are then released and the charges are dropped with no record to be had.

"1"
A person can be in jail and await the courdate or sentencing, and still not be convicted...the conviction comes on the court date or after the jury comes in with the verdit... There are people  out there that are arrested for a crime and have  beatern mutliple murder cases, but were held on a bond or without bond and are awaited sentencing for said case...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 10:40:25 AM »
A person can be in jail and await the courdate or sentencing, and still not be convicted...the conviction comes on the court date or after the jury comes in with the verdit... There are people  out there that are arrested for a crime and have  beatern mutliple murder cases, but were held on a bond or without bond and are awaited sentencing for said case...

Yes, but he states in that same quote above that he has no convictions, yet has a criminal record.

I am aware that a person can be brought to jail to await legal proceedings in a court (when a person is charged with a felony), but he states that he has been to jail (Fair enough), but afterward had no convictions.  So why would he have a criminal record that impedes him from getting an apartment?

If you are not convicted of a crime, how can you have a criminal record?  Remember, you are innocent until proven guilty and if he wasn't found guilty (free of conviction), why would he have to pay the price by carrying around a criminal record?

"1"

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #80 on: December 20, 2010, 10:41:21 AM »

"1"

people that are never convicted still can have arrest records.  some people get court supervision or conditional discharge and so avoid a conviction.  will still be on your record.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
people that are never convicted still can have arrest records.  some people get court supervision or conditional discharge and so avoid a conviction.  will still be on your record.

For some reason, I thought I had read somewhere that arrest records are not visible to the public unless it is a law enforcement agency like the FBI(i.e. Landlords reviewing your application for an apartment).

Logically, if you have no conviction, you are not guilty of the crime.  ANYONE can get arrested for anything, but unless they are proven guilty, they are INNOCENT.

Why would someone have to carry around an "arrest" record that will dissuade people from trusting your character due to speculation regarding whether or not you actually committed a crime, especially after you have been vindicated in a court of law?

What am I missing here?
"1"

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:37 AM »
This...all arrest records go to the FBI, once your case is adjudicated, states have what's called Expungements, you can expunge certain cases off your record. Like Not Guiltys, Judgement of Acquittal, Nolle Prosequi. If you want these expunged from the FBI record, you have to file with them.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2010, 10:46:41 AM »
Anytime you're arrested it will be recorded. The arrest will never be removed from your police record. The final adjudication of the case is irrelevant.

Right now there are 1,700,000 give or take a convict or two Americans in jail & prison. Nobody, nobody arrest more of their citizens then we do.

Land of the free, home of the brave.
a

newmom

« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2010, 10:49:01 AM »
For some reason, I thought I had read somewhere that arrest records are not visible to the public unless is a law enforcement agency like the FBI(i.e. Landlords reviewing your application for an apartment).

Logically, if you have no conviction, you are not guilty of the crime.  ANYONE can get arrested for anything, but unless they are proven guilty, they are INNOCENT.

Why would someone have to carry around an "arrest" record that will diswade people from trusting your character due to speculation regarding whether or not you actually committed a crime, especially after you have been vindicated in a court of law?

What am I missing here?
"1"

local papers here have a section for police arrests, no court date set but your name makes the paper, NOT a big fan of this. If I'm not mistaken, even if first offense and let's say you get convicted but get accelerated rehabilitation, it's still on record. Most states have a judicial website and input someones name and take a gander at what pops up

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2010, 10:50:53 AM »
Anytime you're arrested it will be recorded. The arrest will never be removed from your police record. The final adjudication of the case is irrelevant.

I'm not sure that the statement above is true.

If an arrest record is sealed or better yet expunged, how can it possibly remain?

Does it not go against the very definition of these terms?

To seal a record, completely lock away so that no one sees it.

To expunge, being to completely destroy any trace of it.

By the logic you presented, anyone who has ever been arrested of anything has a record and will have to carry that cross for the rest of their lives because of an arrest that probably came about due to probable cause that then in court was proven without a reasonable doubt as erroneous.

Who are the lawyers here, chip in why don't 'cha?
"1"  

P.S. Also, I am not a lawyer, so this is just mere speculation on my part, but if in case the logic above as stated from other posters is true, this legal system of ours is seriously flawed.

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »

If an arrest record is sealed or better yet expunged, how can it possibly remain?

By the logic you presented, anyone who has ever been arrested of anything has a record and will have to carry that cross for the rest of their lives because of an arrest that probably came about due to probable cause that then in court was proven without a reasonable doubt as erroneous.

"1"  

if you go through the process to expunge, it will be removed. 

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »

Right now there are 1,700,000 give or take a convict or two Americans in jail & prison. Nobody, nobody arrest more of their citizens then we do.

Land of the free, home of the brave.
Depending on what state your in...but in maryland, when one expugnes a case, the arrest repord is expunged out of the Police Records, Court Records, the State's Attorney Office records...like it never happened..but it stays in FBI records.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #88 on: December 20, 2010, 11:53:18 AM »
You'd respect me in prison.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: December 20, 2010, 12:07:51 PM »
I owned 4 twinks like you in prison.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »
Where is Dr. Fist?  I'm sure he could shed some light on all things in prison.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
Where is Dr. Fist?  I'm sure he could shed some light on all things in prison.

Yeah, where is the good Doctor, Dr. Fist?

"1"

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: December 20, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »
We've been waiting on Ron's account approval for weeks now...  :(

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »
the food is better in jails also ..

It depends on the particular jail.

Some you will eat decently.. others you will just about starve. 

County jail:

If you’re locked up in an urban setting (Chicago/LA).. in a max division.. and most of the guys are violent - in for murder, home invasion etc - county jail is worse than prison on multiple levels.

Tensions run high in that scenario.. everyone is facing 30 year - life sentences... and the environment completely sucks.

For long sentences prison is better than jail  guys doing long time  in county jails beg to go to prison..

They b e g.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »
I've been to prison in germany - the worse thing is tadadadaaaa

Being bored out of your fucking mind.

You are locked up for 23h a day and its fucking boring to the extreme - every meal is the fucking highlight of the day you jog do pushups do anything to keep you amused.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »
I've been to prison in germany - the worse thing is tadadadaaaa

Being bored out of your fucking mind.

You are locked up for 23h a day and its fucking boring to the extreme - every meal is the fucking highlight of the day you jog do pushups do anything to keep you amused.

What the hell did you go for?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 20, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »
What the hell did you go for?

Fighting - broke somebodies arm while fighting - spend the first 3 days in a cell with an afghan man who was about
to be "send" back to afghanistan that was way before the war and the taliban was in power - he was so scared he
was crying every day all the time.

Fight wasn't my fault but I was lucky and I go him good and I stomped on his arm while he was already down just because
he was a big guy and I wanted him to stay down I was scared I get my ass kicked.
So they said I was beating an already beaten man, they didn't believe that he was still kicking and trying to bite me.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #97 on: December 20, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

"1"

I kid you not I applied for an apartment on my own in July and the chcik was like 'oh no, I dotn think you can live here'...............on some background search thing it showed 15 assault charges all the way up until I left wilmington...I worked security all thru college and they would CAHRGE all the staff and once we can down there and were told we were part of it they would let us go.........fckn EVERY TIME that shit happens it shows up on some background search taht even a gddamn apartment complex can do.......I working on gettn it expunged :-\

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #98 on: December 20, 2010, 02:14:46 PM »

"1"  

P.S. Also, I am not a lawyer, so this is just mere speculation on my part, but if in case the logic above as stated from other posters is true, this legal system of ours is seriously flawed.

I absolutely agree with your premise and with the theory of having one's arrest record expunged- however doing so would mean; destroying all paper work from the arrest, deleting all computer files pertaining to the arrest and booking. Destroying all paperwork from all court proceedings, deleting all booking photos, deleting the fingerprints from the data base, destroying paper work and computer files pertaining to jail and prison housing/cell assignment, etc. etc.

I simply don't think it can be done.
a

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #99 on: December 20, 2010, 02:21:07 PM »
going to jail/prison, whatever is my worst nightmare.

i spent a few hours in lockup for a bar fight, and got handcuffed last year for about 20 minutes for speeding.  both times i felt like the biggest guy on the planet.

some dude that my dad knows just got 5 months for tax evasion.  i think that's federal though.  he's kind of a twink, and foreign, i wonder if he's getting reamed as we speak?
Deep Tissue Massage