Author Topic: new here and need help  (Read 3694 times)

97camaross

• Getbig I
new here and need help
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
ok im new to working out but by no means am I not active.
My Goal is to have abs(6 pac) by spring break.... so any help and advice would be nice...

This is what I have so far:
Im 20 years old 6'6 and weigh 180.
I started P90X last week and im trying to do my best.
and I started a strict diet last week:
breakfast(8am): weight control oatmeal
10am protein bar
lunch(noon): chicken
3pm protein bar
dinner(7pm): chicken or fish with a veggy

I try to do the P90X every day around 5PM

any ways I lost 5 pounds in one week so I dont think that is good im pretty skinny as is so can some one set me on the right track as far as what I should do...
again all im really interested in is lookin good (abs wise) on my boat.
I have provided a couple pictures below to show yall what im workin with:

I dont want this any more

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: new here and need help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
First, you need to add some protein and nutrients to your diet.  Add some lean meat in the mornings for breakfast and try to throw in some broccoli or other green vegetable twice a day or so.  If you're going to train harder for muscle you will need more complex carbs as well.  Whole wheat toast with breakfast should be enough.

Now, you need to lift.  For your body I suggest you force yourself to fall in love with chest/back exercises and add some compound leg movements to stimulate overall growth.

Bench presses, dips, barbell rows, and ANY heavy rowing movements will help you tremendously.  Do them like there is no tomorrow and go all out during workouts but rest enough to be fresh during your next session.  You should also be doing deadlifts, barbell squats, and lunges.  You will add a great deal of overall muscle doing these.  If you want you may also consider shoulder presses and curls but your arms and shoulders should improve anyway if you are doing enough back and chest exercises.

Cardio is vital and do NOT stop doing it or you will not lean out.  Watch your diet for this reason as well.

It's not everything but this will get you started off on the right foot.  Good luck.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
First, you need to add some protein and nutrients to your diet.  Add some lean meat in the mornings for breakfast and try to throw in some broccoli or other green vegetable twice a day or so.  If you're going to train harder for muscle you will need more complex carbs as well.  Whole wheat toast with breakfast should be enough.

Now, you need to lift.  For your body I suggest you force yourself to fall in love with chest/back exercises and add some compound leg movements to stimulate overall growth.

Bench presses, dips, barbell rows, and ANY heavy rowing movements will help you tremendously.  Do them like there is no tomorrow and go all out during workouts but rest enough to be fresh during your next session.  You should also be doing deadlifts, barbell squats, and lunges.  You will add a great deal of overall muscle doing these.  If you want you may also consider shoulder presses and curls but your arms and shoulders should improve anyway if you are doing enough back and chest exercises.

Cardio is vital and do NOT stop doing it or you will not lean out.  Watch your diet for this reason as well.

It's not everything but this will get you started off on the right foot.  Good luck.

Good basic advice.
Being new here, there's A LOT of reading to do in Training and Nutrition.
I suspect that since he's doing P90X that he's not a member of a gym so some of the above might be difficult to do.

What are your available resources 97?  Go easy on the "protein bars".
:

97camaross

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 09:10:21 PM »
I have some free weights, P90X, a pull up bar and thats about it I do not have a gym membership and I dont really want to get one...

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »
I have some free weights, P90X, a pull up bar and thats about it I do not have a gym membership and I dont really want to get one...

Youtube anything by Rudy Reyes.  That is probably one of your best bets to getting where you want to be without the full gym.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:38:04 AM »

The pullup bar will be good for your back and some biceps - use various grips - overhand, underhand, wide, narrow, etc. and when it becomes easy add some weight via a weight belt...
:

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »
If you find a decent gym with good trainers you learn much more than online advice plus that it helps you to stay motivated.

lesaucer

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
you guys think hes gonna follow your advices when hes not even motivated enough to go to the gym? fuck off clown

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
You should join a gym if you want to make any serious progress.  Working out at home is for grandmas.

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 08:35:20 AM »
Fuck dude even my crippled ass goes to the gym, I work out at home every third week just because it changes the workout Im doing and shocks my muscles. You could work out at home if you had the set up but I still suggest going to the gym to get a basic knowledge of what sort of program suits you best and take that back to your home gym and adapt from there.
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH