Author Topic: Obama's Leadership  (Read 65874 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Obama's Leadership
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2014, 09:13:35 AM »
And you my friend, have hit the nail on the head.

The politics in this nation has gotten to the point that a libtard can smear, lie and exaggerate claims against a conservative to the most extreme levels and never be called out for it by the media (outside of FOX) or by most citizens. But, the moment a conservative even remotely suggest anything negative about their libtard opponent, he or she is ridiculed to no end.

It's an unjust double standard. Libtards can get away with making unfounded accusations against conservatives, but conservatives are told don't "use inflammatory rhetoric".

Case in point is what Beach Bum pointed out. The other example is when ads ran blaming Romney for the death of an employee at a company that Mitt had financial interest in. How low can you go? Yet, did the libtard media condemn it. No. It's par for the course.

Romney should have been just as nasty, but I understand why he didn't do it. Because the moment he brought anything negative to the table about the jokeinthewhitehouse he would be slammed for not talking ABOUT THE ISSUES facing the country. Issues that the clownintheovaloffice spent most of his campaigning avoiding like a plague.

Truth.  Forgot about the false allegation that he was responsible for someone's death because she lost her health insurance.  Scandalous.  So he was a killer, tax cheat, and pseudo-mobster hiding money in overseas bank accounts. 

The fact the Senate Majority Leader can accuse someone of being a felon from the Senate Floor, without any consequences whatsoever, is shameful.  That's partly why so many good people stay out of politics. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2014, 11:34:34 AM »
Romney lost for the reasons I stated, not because of this drivel.

Awwww, c'mon, don't want to discuss it anymore? lol

Not the first time you've admitted defeat this way. 

C'mon, BB.  No hard feelings. Sincerely.

Ya win some, ya lose some, right?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2014, 12:12:01 PM »
Awwww, c'mon, don't want to discuss it anymore? lol

Not the first time you've admitted defeat this way. 

C'mon, BB.  No hard feelings. Sincerely.

Ya win some, ya lose some, right?

Nobody wins or loses anything on here.  This isn't a contest.  Is there something specific you want to discuss?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2014, 01:09:43 PM »
Nobody wins or loses anything on here.  This isn't a contest.  Is there something specific you want to discuss?

Yeah, actually. 

When you're backed into a corner during a discussion where another person is getting the better of you here on this subforum, how do you decide between...
1) Simply reiterating your belief and trying to avoid discussion?
2) Complaining that the other person protests too much and avoiding further discussion?
3) Complaining that the other person has written too much for you to address and avoiding further discussion?
4) Using this emoticon  ::) and avoiding further discussion?

Just messing with you some. ;D

I'm writing this because I noticed in another thread (the one about possible GOP candidates, I think) that when Avxo was pretty much owning you, you fell back on the familiar (to me, haha) tactic of saying that he was protesting too much.

FWIW, I think it's lame when a person doesn't seem able to admit that he might be wrong about his opinion or, at least, to occasionally say, "You've given me something to think about about here".  It's possible that this isn't you, but it seems like it to me at this point. 

I could be wrong, though. ;D ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Yeah, actually. 

When you're backed into a corner during a discussion where another person is getting the better of you here on this subforum, how do you decide between...
1) Simply reiterating your belief and trying to avoid discussion?
2) Complaining that the other person protests too much and avoiding further discussion?
3) Complaining that the other person has written too much for you to address and avoiding further discussion?
4) Using this emoticon  ::) and avoiding further discussion?

Just messing with you some. ;D

I'm writing this because I noticed in another thread (the one about possible GOP candidates, I think) that when Avxo was pretty much owning you, you fell back on the familiar (to me, haha) tactic of saying that he was protesting too much.

FWIW, I think it's lame when a person doesn't seem able to admit that he might be wrong about his opinion or, at least, to occasionally say, "You've given me something to think about about here".  It's possible that this isn't you, but it seems like it to me at this point. 

I could be wrong, though. ;D ;D

Don't know what thread you're talking about.  Post the link and I'll read it. 

I admit I'm wrong when I think I'm wrong.  I make mistakes and am wrong quite a bit.  But usually not when I'm talking with an internet dum dum.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »
I disagree, as the 2012 elections shows.  They used Alinksy's rules for radicals.  Demonized their opponent.  It worked.  The conversation shifted to Romney's overseas back accounts and his tax returns, rather than his education, work ethic, incredible success in the private sector, saving the Olympics, and a successful term as a Republican governor in a Democrat state. 

He was a turd as a Presidential candidate.  Weak candidates are vulnerable to crap like that.

At some point people need to look in the mirror instead of blaming everything from the media to poor people.  Until then, we will have things like crapcare.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »
He was a turd as a Presidential candidate.  Weak candidates are vulnerable to crap like that.

At some point people need to look in the mirror instead of blaming everything from the media to poor people.  Until then, we will have things like crapcare.

I wasn't all that crazy about him initially, but when I really looked at what he brought to the table, I liked him.  Didn't like everything about him, but overall he was solid IMO.  I don't really blame him for losing.  Only thing I think he really should have done better was improved his ground game on election day. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »
Don't know what thread you're talking about.  Post the link and I'll read it. 

I admit I'm wrong when I think I'm wrong.  I make mistakes and am wrong quite a bit.  But usually not when I'm talking with an internet dum dum.   :)

No problemo.

Good grief.  Protesting too much.  I'm not reading all of this.  Is there something specific you want me to address?  Let me know and I'll consider it.   

Or you can just keep furiously tapping out your book chapters.  You are really impressing yourself aren't you?  lol

You said that in response to Avxo's reply (#25) on page 2 of the thread you started that's titled: 
16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates

It occurs to me that, as the conservative mod on this board, you're kind of a "gatekeeper" in that you help to separate the better thinkers/writers from the rest.  The better ones are those who can figuratively kick your ass until you roll out one of your typical excuses for avoiding further discussion. 

I could be wrong, though.  It's possible that you're cleverly just trying to provoke more action on the board. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2014, 06:31:15 PM »
 Only thing I think he really should have done better was improved his ground game on election day. 

Oh man, if you'd mentioned Romney's lack of a "ground game" (which I totally agree with) earlier, you'd have saved me a lot of writing...

That was a big difference between the Obama and Romney campaigns and a very important factor in the outcome of the election, imo.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2014, 06:35:07 PM »
No problemo.

You said that in response to Avxo's reply (#25) on page 2 of the thread you started that's titled: 
16 for '16: The Most Talked-About Potential GOP Presidential Candidates

It occurs to me that, as the conservative mod on this board, you're kind of a "gatekeeper" in that you help to separate the better thinkers/writers from the rest.  The better ones are those who can figuratively kick your ass until you roll out one of your typical excuses for avoiding further discussion. 

I could be wrong, though.  It's possible that you're cleverly just trying to provoke more action on the board. 

Ok.  I read it.  What you will notice, since you are an obvious gimmick and have been on the board for a while, is that when someone is unable to discuss the issues, starts acting like a juvenile by constantly attacking the person instead of the issue (which is exactly what you do), then I tend to ignore them.  

Also, I'm not about to read some manuscript on here.  I have internet ADD and don't have the desire to read responses that are way too long.  And I don't care one iota whether you like that or not.  

Now, similar to what I said in the thread you referenced, ask me if I give a rip what you think about the way I post on this board?  I will definitely answer that question.   :)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »
Ok.  I read it.  What you will notice, since you are an obvious gimmick and have been on the board for a while, is that when someone is unable to discuss the issues, starts acting like a juvenile by constantly attacking the person instead of the issue (which is exactly what you do), then I tend to ignore them.  

Also, I'm not about to read some manuscript on here.  I have internet ADD and don't have the desire to read responses that are way too long.  And I don't care one iota whether you like that or not.  

Now, similar to what I said in the thread you referenced, ask me if I give a rip what you think about the way I post on this board?  I will definitely answer that question.   :)

As you have called me a gimmick and a "dum dum" (isn't that a candy? lol) I shan't speak to you sir.

Besides you're kinda dumb, lack critical thinking skills, and don't seem to understand how many people think. 

I seriously doubt if you know many different kinds of folks IRL.  Probably some kind of shut-in. 

Do you even train?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2014, 07:59:14 AM »
Cruz: Lack of US Leadership Emboldened Putin
Wednesday, 05 Mar 2014
By Melanie Batley

Russian President Vladimir Putin's aggressive show in Ukraine is just one of many examples of the consequences of President Barack Obama's "abdication of global leadership," Sen. Ted Cruz says.

In a column for Foreign Policy magazine, the Texas Republican contends that the Obama administration has pursued a path of appeasement toward Russia, as he has in a number of countries which pose a threat, an approach which has only served to make the world a more dangerous place.

"Ironically, this administration's effort to avoid conflict at all costs makes conflict all the more likely. Putin knows there will be no serious reprisals for aggression from an American president who was only waiting for his re-election to give him the 'flexibility' to make additional concessions at the negotiating table," Cruz wrote.

"Putin's disdain for Washington has been on full display as he barely waited for the Olympic flame at Sochi to be extinguished before he turned his attention to long-suffering Ukraine."

Cruz makes the point that when Putin invaded Georgia in 2008, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was one of the few who correctly predicted that if the move went unchallenged, it was only a matter of time before Russia did the same to other former Soviet satellites.

Cruz outlines a number of ways he believes the United States could deter the escalating Russian aggression toward Ukraine, starting with urging the G-8 to immediately suspend Russia for not contributing to a civil international order. He also encourages the United States to use its thriving energy industry for exports and assistance to help Ukraine be independent of "energy blackmail" by Russia.

Most notably, Cruz suggests Congress should immediately pass a new free trade treaty with Ukraine and review all existing military treaties between the United States and Russia with the possibility of abrogating them. He added that the United States should also reinstitute plans to move forward with the missile defense system in Europe that were canceled by the Obama administration in 2009.

In an interview with Politico, Cruz says his approach would be the third way between the proposals of other Republicans who support either military intervention or isolationism, but says Obama is ultimately at fault for showing weakness toward Putin and abandoning international allies.

"Ukraine began as a power play when the government was poised to move into the West, into Europe, and Putin pulled them back," Cruz told Politico. "Our support should have been unequivocal at the time — and at this point, when Russian tanks massed on the borders of the Crimean peninsula and then began to move in, the response of the United States was muddled and equivocal, which gave Putin no reason to fear meaningful consequences."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ted-Cruz-Putin-Russia-Ukraine/2014/03/05/id/556145#ixzz2v6XcxkHq

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »
I wasn't all that crazy about him initially, but when I really looked at what he brought to the table, I liked him.  Didn't like everything about him, but overall he was solid IMO.  I don't really blame him for losing.  Only thing I think he really should have done better was improved his ground game on election day. 

I was the same way.  I didn't think much of him until i saw what he had done. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »
 :-\

Jimmy Carter: Obama Doesn't Call Me, NSA Spies on Me, Too
Sunday, 23 Mar 2014
By Sandy Fitzgerald

President Barack Obama is the first president who has not solicited advice from former President Jimmy Carter since he left office, Carter told NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday.

“President Clinton did and President George W. Bush and H.W. Bush and even Ronald Reagan used to call on us to go into sensitive areas,” Carter told NBC’s Andrea Mitchell Sunday.

It is difficult to explain with "complete candor" why he and Obama do not have a closer relationship, Carter said, but he thinks it has something to do with his center at Emory University. He believes the Carter Center's views of equal treatment when it comes to the Middle East's countries may have caused tension between him and Obama.

"I think the problem was that — in dealing with the issue of peace in between Israel and Egypt — the Carter Center has taken a very strong and public position of equal treatment between the Palestinians and the Israelis," said Carter. "And I think this was a sensitive area in which the president didn't want to be involved."

Carter also told Mitchell that he left the Southern Baptist Convention last year after it passed rules at its annual meeting "to require that women be subservient to their husbands, and women could no longer serve as a pastoral priest or as a deacon."

The former president had been part of the SBC for years before he left the church, serving as a deacon and Sunday School teacher for six decades, reports The Huffington Post.

Carter also commented on the problem of sexual abuse in the military and on the nation's college and university campuses.

"Presidents of universities and colleges and commanding officers don't want to admit that under their leadership, sexual abuse is taking place, so rapists prevail," Carter said.

Carter also commented on the situation in Ukraine. In 1980, he banned U.S. athletes from participating in the Moscow Olympics after the then-Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan, and said where the Ukraine is concerned, "there has to be a concerted international prohibition against Putin going any further than Crimea."

Carter also discussed, shortly, the scandal concerning the National Security Agency and its surveillance practices.

"I have felt that my own communications were probably monitored," said Carter. "When I want to communicate with a foreign leader privately, I type or write the letter myself, put it in the mailbox and mail it... I believe if I send an email it will be monitored."

Carter's interview was done just days before the release of his new book, "A Call to Action: Women, Religion, Violence, and Power."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/jimmy-carter-obama-call-mideast/2014/03/23/id/561175#ixzz2wtthhDX7

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2014, 10:15:41 AM »
Obama has great leadership - in the wrong direction.  Thank god he is not a competent communist

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2014, 01:21:43 PM »
LMFAO

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:01 PM »
LMFAO

Doh!  My only question is whether they actually told the audience to hold their applause?  Although it looked like he was waiting for his customary Messiah worship. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2014, 03:44:53 PM »
Fox News Poll: Country weaker under Obama, not tough enough on Russia
Dana Blanton
By Dana Blanton
Published March 26, 2014
FoxNews.com

By a widening margin, more voters think the United States is weaker since Barack Obama became president.  And the highest number in a decade feels the country is less safe than it was before 9/11, according to a Fox News poll released Wednesday.

The poll also finds most voters think President Obama has not been tough enough on Russia, although a majority still says the U.S. should stay out of the situation in Ukraine.

Click here for the poll results.

Some 52 percent of voters think the country is weaker and less powerful today than it was six years ago.  That’s three times the 17 percent who say the country is stronger and more powerful.  About 3 in 10 think it is unchanged (29 percent).

Last year, 48 percent said weaker, 24 percent stronger and 27 percent unchanged (Feb. 2013).

The number of Democrats saying the country is stronger now has dropped 11 percentage points:  it’s 32 percent today, down from 43 percent in 2013.  Twenty-two percent of Democrats say the country is weaker and 44 percent say it is the same.

Views among Republicans are lopsided: 78 percent say the country is weaker under Obama vs. five percent stronger.

The poll also shows a significant deterioration in Americans’ sense of security over the past decade.  In 2004, by a 35-point margin, more voters said the U.S. was safer than before 9/11.  In 2010, nearly two years into Obama’s first term, the margin had narrowed to 23 points.  Now the spread is down to 10 points: 49 percent think the country is safer today, while a record-high 39 percent say it is less safe.

Furthermore, the number that believes the U.S. is the world’s “most dominant power” has dropped 26 points since 2002: 85 percent felt that way then, while 59 percent say the same today.

Thirty-four percent think another country is more powerful than the U.S., and the countries these voters cite most frequently are China (60 percent) and Russia (21 percent).

In general, 69 percent of voters are following news about Russia and Ukraine at least somewhat closely, and 76 percent are concerned about what’s happening there.

More voters disapprove (46 percent) than approve (38 percent) of how the Obama administration is handling the situation in Ukraine.

Moreover, 66 percent think Obama hasn’t been tough enough on Russia.  That includes a 60-percent majority of Democrats.

So far the U.S. has responded to Russia’s annexation of Crimea with economic sanctions.  Voters are divided on this action: while 41 percent think it’s “too weak,” almost as many -- 40 percent -- say it’s “about right.”  Just seven percent see it as “too strong.”

While 35 percent of voters say the U.S. should be more involved in Ukraine, a 53-percent majority says the U.S. shouldn’t.

At the same time, many more think military force will be required to stop Russia from taking control of Crimea (50 percent), than think diplomacy and sanctions alone will work (30 percent).

Overall, 40 percent of voters approve of the job President Obama is doing, while 53 percent disapprove.  That’s an improvement from earlier this month when he hit a record low of 38 percent approval (54 percent disapproved).

Still, a record-low 43 percent of voters say Obama is a “strong and decisive leader,” while 55 percent disagree.  During his first year in office, voters said he was a strong leader by a 60-37 percent margin.

By a five-point margin, more voters think Obama is a “strong negotiator with foreign leaders” than think the same of Russian President Vladimir Putin:  40 percent say Obama is, while 35 percent say Putin is.  And there’s been an uptick in approval for how Obama’s handling foreign policy:  37 percent approve, up from a low of 33 percent three weeks ago (March 2-4).

What about the chess test?  By a wide 49-31 percent margin, voters think Russian President Vladimir Putin would beat Obama in a game of chess. That includes majorities of Republicans (66 percent) and independents (53 percent) and nearly a third of Democrats (30 percent).

Poll Pourri

Recently the Obama administration announced plans for the U.S. government to give up its oversight of the Internet to an international organization. Most voters disagree with that decision: 66 percent think it’s a bad thing for the U.S. to give up control of the Internet, including majorities of Republicans (77 percent), independents (68 percent) and Democrats (54 percent).

Overall, 20 percent say it’s a good thing for the U.S. to cede control of the Internet.

By a similar margin, most voters disapprove of the U.S. ending the space shuttle program (63 percent disapprove, while 25 percent approve).

The Fox News poll is based on landline and cell phone interviews with 1,015 randomly chosen registered voters nationwide and was conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R) from March 23 to March 25, 2014.  It has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points for the total sample.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/03/26/fox-news-poll-country-weaker-under-obama-not-tough-enough-on-russia/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2014, 04:54:49 PM »
LMFAO

I think I counted about 5 claps total! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2014, 04:55:06 PM »
http://washingtonexaminer.com/poof-public-says-americas-world-leadership-has-tumbled-to-40-year-low/article/2540096

Total FAIL FAIL FAIL

dude, 33, you confuse me.

I thought you said we aren't the world's policemen?  Yet you're mad when US influence in leading/telling others what to do is lessened?

I though you said you'd like to see military spending cut in HALF in the next 5 years?  Yet you freak when obama may reduce tomahawk missiles?

Dude, some of the time, you have to agree with obama.  
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.
Even a garbage can gets a steak.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2014, 01:42:11 PM »
Cruz: Putin 'Laughing' at Obama
Thursday, 27 Mar 2014
By Elliot Jager

The U.S. pullback from global leadership during the Obama administration has left a vacuum filled by Moscow, Tehran and Beijing and resulted in the world being a "much more dangerous place," Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz told the Washington Examiner.

Cruz said that Russian President Vladimir Putin respects only strength. "At this point the Russians are openly laughing at the president," he said. Putin's belligerence was "a direct consequence" of the lack of American leadership in the international arena, Cruz said.

The senator characterized U.S. foreign policy, under Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and current Secretary of State John Kerry, as weak and confused. The administration has "undermined our allies and has strengthened our enemies" leaving Putin at an advantage.

The president was now haltingly moving in the right direction on Ukraine, Cruz told the Examiner. He urged the White House to draw up a free trade agreement with Kiev and reiterated his call to bring back the East Europe missile defense shield which the president abandoned in 2009.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obama-Vladimir-Putin-Russia-Ukraine/2014/03/27/id/562027#ixzz2xCKQBCIQ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2014, 03:04:26 PM »
Condi Rice Blasts Obama on Weakness, Leadership
Says we can't afford to be war weary.
3:45 PM, MAR 27, 2014 • BY STEPHEN F. HAYES

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice accused Barack Obama of dramatically weakening the United States' position in the world, drawing a straight line between Obama’s ever-yielding foreign policy and the increasing troubles around the world.

“Right now, there’s a vacuum,” she told a crowd of more than two thousand attending the National Republican Congressional Committee’s annual dinner last night in Washington, D.C. “There’s a vacuum because we’ve decided to lower our voice. We’ve decided to step back. We’ve decided that if we step back and lower our voice, others will lead, other things will fill that vacuum.” Citing Bashar al Assad’s slaughter in Syria, Vladimir Putin’s aggression in Ukraine, al Qaeda’s triumphant return to Fallujah, Iraq, and China’s nationalist fervor, she concluded: “When America steps back and there is a vacuum, trouble will fill that vacuum.”

Rice – measured in tone, but very tough on substance – excoriated Obama administration policies without ever mentioning the president by name. She mocked the naïve hope that “international norms” would fill the vacuum left by U.S. retreat and blasted the president for hiding behind the weariness of the public.

“I fully understand the sense of weariness. I fully understand that we must think: ‘Us, again?’ I know that we’ve been through two wars. I know that we’ve been vigilant against terrorism. I know that it’s hard. But leaders can’t afford to get tired. Leaders can’t afford to be weary.”

Rice’s speech was the highlight of an evening that brought in $15.1 million for House Republicans. The former secretary of state has mostly limited her political appearances since leaving office to major events. She delivered a well-received speech at a donor event that Mitt Romney held in Park City, Utah, in 2012 and addressed the Republican National Convention in Tampa that summer. But those familiar with her thinking say she’s determined to help Republicans pick up the Senate and maintain the House heading into the 2016 presidential elections.

House majority whip Kevin McCarthy introduced Rice and raised the prospect that she might become even more involved in politics in two years. After listing various prestigious positions she’s held, he noted, “There’s one thing that’s not on her resume and I want her to put her mind to it to resolve that in 2016.”

Rice has downplayed those suggestions and there’s little reason to believe she’s angling for a run. Still, she has been increasingly active on behalf of her fellow Republicans. Earlier this month, Rice spoke at a Kentucky fundraiser for Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell and the spring convention for the California Republican party. Rice appeared in an ad touting Alaska Senate hopeful and Marine reservist Dan Sullivan, a spot paid for by Karl Rove’s super PAC, American Crossroads. In the coming months, she will make appearances for the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Rice began her speech Wednesday with something of a civics lesson, praising the wisdom of the framers of the Constitution for the limits they placed on government and noting that Americans, despite being the “most individualistic people on this earth, are also the most philanthropic and communitarian.” Rice trundled through well-worn Republican lines on lower taxes and less regulation before once again touting the American system for its recognition of a “vast private space into which the government should not intrude” and a “personal space, where we respect each others’ choices.”

Before turning to foreign policy, Rice urged the crowd, including many Republican House members, to keep America a “nation of immigrants” and strafed liberals who send their kids to private schools but write New York Times op-eds claiming that school choice will ruin public schools.

But the most powerful part of her speech came when Rice expressed her frustration with Obama on national security. “As Ronald Reagan said: Peace only comes through strength,” she recalled.

“So, what are we doing? What are we doing when our defense budget is so small that our military starts to tell us that we may not be able to carry out all of the requirements put upon it? What are we doing, when a couple of weeks before Russia invades Crimea we announce that we are going to have an Army smaller than at any time since the Revolutionary – I’m sorry, not the Revolutionary War, but World War II. What are we doing? What are we doing? What are we signaling when we say that America is no longer ready to stand in the defense of freedom?”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/condi-rice-blasts-obama-weakness-leadership_786123.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2014, 10:53:59 AM »
 :-[

Poll: Obama Ties with Putin as Leader
Marguerite Bowling
April 2, 2014

A new Quinnipiac University national poll released today shows that the American public is divided whether President Barack Obama or Russian president Vladimir Putin is the stronger leader.

“It’s a tossup on who is a tougher leader, President Barack Obama or President Vladimir Putin, as Americans weigh the heavyweight standoff over Ukraine,” said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the poll that conducts research in several states, in a release.

The poll—which surveyed 1,578 registered U.S. voters nationwide between March 26 to 31—gave Obama low marks for his handling of foreign policy issues, with 55 percent saying they disapproved and 39 percent saying they approved of his actions. Particularly regarding the situation in the Ukraine, 47 percent of Americans disapproved of Obama’s actions while 41 percent supported him.

In an Economist/YouGov poll last month of 1,000 adults, three out of four Americans said Putin is a strong leader, but less than half regarded Obama as one.
Approximately 80 percent of those surveyed in the new Quinnipiac poll said they are “very concerned” or “somewhat concerned” that the Ukraine situation could lead to a larger crisis that would require U.S. military action, the poll noted.

On the economic front, the poll found that most Americans (55 percent) still oppose the President’s signature health care law, known as Obamacare. Roughly 58 percent of those surveyed said they don’t approve of Obama’s handling of health care while 39 percent supported him.

This story was produced by The Foundry’s news team. Nothing here should be construed as necessarily reflecting the views of The Heritage Foundation.

http://blog.heritage.org/2014/04/02/poll-obama-ties-putin-leader/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2014, 02:33:59 PM »
There is our president, out there leading by example, paying more taxes, increasing his charitable contributions . . . .

President Obama and Vice President Biden’s 2013 Tax Returns
Jay Carney
April 11, 2014

Today, the President released his 2013 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $481,098. The Obamas paid $98,169 in total tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $59,251 – or about 12.3 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 32 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $8,751 to the Fisher House Foundation. The President’s effective federal income tax rate is 20.4 percent. The President pushed for and signed into law legislation that makes the system more fair and helps the middle class by extending tax cuts to middle class and working families and asks the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share. In 2013, as a result of his policies, the President was subject to limitations in tax preferences, as well as additional Medicare and investment income taxes, for high income earners. The President and First Lady also released their Illinois income tax return and reported paying $23,328 in state income tax.

DOWNLOAD THE OBAMAS' TAX RETURNS

The Vice President and Dr. Jill Biden also released their 2013 federal income tax returns, as well as state income tax returns for both Delaware and Virginia. The Bidens filed joint federal and combined Delaware income tax returns. Dr. Biden filed a separate non-resident Virginia tax return. Together, they reported adjusted gross income of $407,009. The Bidens paid $96,378 in total federal tax for 2013, amounting to an effective tax rate of 23.7 percent. They also paid $14,644 in Delaware income tax and Dr. Biden paid $3,470 in Virginia income tax. The Bidens contributed $20,523 to charity in 2013, including contributing the royalties received from Dr. Biden’s children’s book, net of taxes, to the USO.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/04/11/president-obama-and-vice-president-biden-s-2013-tax-returns

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2014, 02:42:35 PM »
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/6077675c-c4c4-11e3-8dd4-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2zX

More daily fail from Obama......remind me again why he's awesome..... ::)

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6077675c-c4c4-11e3-8dd4-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2zXEsuh57

When Barack Obama took office, he pledged a new overture to the world’s emerging powers. Today each of the Brics – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa – is at loggerheads with America, or worse. Last month four of the five abstained in a UN vote condemning the fifth’s annexation of Crimea. Next month India is likely to elect as its new leader Narendra Modi, who says he has “no interest in visiting America other than to attend the UN in New York”. As the world’s largest democracy, and America’s most natural ally among the emerging powers, India’s is a troubling weathervane. How on earth did Mr Obama lose the Brics?

Some of it was unavoidable. Early in his first term Mr Obama called for a “reset” of US relations with Russia. His overture was warmly received by Dmitry Medvedev, then Russia’s president, who was considerably less anti-western than his predecessor, Vladimir Putin. Unfortunately for Mr Obama, Ukraine, Pussy Riot and many others, Mr Putin repossessed the presidency. The US president can hardly be blamed for that. Things have gone downhill since then