Author Topic: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"  (Read 34767 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

PGA producer: Obama golfs a lot
By: Patrick Gavin
December 29, 2010 09:29 AM EST Updated: December 29, 2010 09:58 AM EST

________________________ ________________________ _____

Few seem to begrudge President Obama the occasional golf outing (presidents needs to unwind, right?). But John Kim, a producer for PGA.com (the PGA Tour runs the primary men's professional golf tours in North America), took to Twitter Tuesday night to ding POTUS for excessive golfing.

In response to learning of Obama's 50-plus rounds of golf since taking office, Kim wrote, "that's more than me! But then again, my job is ... golf. Wait, that doesn't seem right."

And, later: "the old adage is: those who work in golf never get to play. Guess I need to run for President to hit the links!"

(Related: Photos of Obama's Hawaiian vacation)

© 2010 Capitol News Company, LLC

________________________ ________________________ ______-

Ha ha ha ha. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: PGA Producer: Obama is playing too much golf - "Doesn't seem right"
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 07:38:31 AM »
10% UE, spiking energy prices, foreclosure crisis, housing entering double dip recession, and Obama is more concerned about golf an scarfing down ice cream, beers, ice, lobsters, etc.

Nice.   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 07:41:46 AM »
He'd better get cracking if he wants to win "Most Leisurely President" award. Bush racked up over 1000 traveling vacation days during his two terms. Why is he pussy-footing with these four hour golf games?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 07:44:01 AM »
He'd better get cracking if he wants to win "Most Leisurely President" award. Bush racked up over 1000 traveling vacation days during his two terms. Why is he pussy-footing with these four hour golf games?

Using Bush as the standard for Obama shows just how pathetic and awful this admn is.  If Bush was the worst POTUS ever, don't you see how comparing Obama to Bush just makes obama look all that much worse considering Obama spent 4 years trashing Bush himself?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2010, 07:50:48 AM »
He and his wife really do have a "let them eat cake" attitude. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 07:53:30 AM »
He and his wife really do have a "let them eat cake" attitude. 

Wrong BB -

MOsquatch has a "let me eat as much cake as I can" attitude.    ;D  ;D

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:54:17 AM »
Using Bush as the standard for Obama shows just how pathetic and awful this admn is.  If Bush was the worst POTUS ever, don't you see how comparing Obama to Bush just makes obama look all that much worse considering Obama spent 4 years trashing Bush himself?   

How does it show how awful he is if he wins the comparison... by a longshot? It's unrealistic to expect someone not to have any leisure time- OR EAT- even if they are the president. 50 rounds of golf in two years  is hardly excessive, especially when you consider that several of those rounds were accumulated during vacations. So, yeah, not a big deal.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 07:58:33 AM »
 ::)  ::)

Please - Obama will have a lifetime to party it up after he leavesthe WH.  He should STFU and d his damn job for once. 

Well actually - on second thought - I prefer him staying in Hawaii - this way he can't do more damage to the nation with his nation killing, economy killing, job killing, agenda.   

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:05:18 AM »
FOXNews.com. Breaking news

PGA producer: Obama golfs a lot  [sorce Twitter]

:D :D :D :D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 08:09:19 AM »
Actually - its in Politico. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 08:13:46 AM »
How does it show how awful he is if he wins the comparison... by a longshot? It's unrealistic to expect someone not to have any leisure time- OR EAT- even if they are the president. 50 rounds of golf in two years  is hardly excessive, especially when you consider that several of those rounds were accumulated during vacations. So, yeah, not a big deal.
bro 50+ rounds of golf in 2 years is pretty excessive especially for someone who should be as busy as a president is...

I worked at a golf course for a couple years, got free greens fee and cart whenever i wanted and probably didnt play 25+ rounds a year

I know it doesnt sound like much but if you play golf and arent a competitive golfer thats actually a good amount of golfing

I wish i could play golf every other weekend

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 08:13:56 AM »
::)  ::)

Please - Obama will have a lifetime to party it up after he leavesthe WH.  He should STFU and d his damn job for once. 

Well actually - on second thought - I prefer him staying in Hawaii - this way he can't do more damage to the nation with his nation killing, economy killing, job killing, agenda.   

::) Right. Until then no eating or sleeping.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:45 AM »
bro 50+ rounds of golf in 2 years is pretty excessive especially for someone who should be as busy as a president is...

I worked at a golf course for a couple years, got free greens fee and cart whenever i wanted and probably didnt play 25+ rounds a year

I know it doesnt sound like much but if you play golf and arent a competitive golfer thats actually a good amount of golfing

I wish i could play golf every other weekend

First of all, several of those rounds were accumulated during vacations, so it doesn't really come out to once every two weeks. He's actually gone months at a time without playing golf.

Secondly, even the US presidency is not an all encompassing job. There are breaks. There's leisure time.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 08:22:33 AM »
First of all, several of those rounds were accumulated during vacations, so it doesn't really come out to once every two weeks. He's actually gone months at a time without playing golf.

Secondly, even the US presidency is not an all encompassing job. There are breaks. There's leisure time.
I understand that man i was using the average  :D ;) lol

bro ask any golfer you know, how many rounds of golf they get in during the course of a year...go ahead, ill wait...

Now i garuntee you the vast majority of golfers dont get in 25+ rounds of golf in a year and these are average everyday ppl who dont have as an encompassing job as the pres and have families as well...

so youre telling me that the pres has more free time to play golf than regular working ppl?

REALLY???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »
That is really funny considering this gem Al. 

More bogus lies for the idiot public.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »
it's about the issues.

and the opinion of some tv producer about how a man spends his vacation, well that is certainly relevant for national security.

if obama was staying indoors choking on pretzels watching tv, or mouth f**king an intern in the oval office, now THAT would be presidential!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
That is really funny considering this gem Al. 

More bogus lies for the idiot public.

Well he has certainly been doing a lot of resting.   :-\

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 08:47:05 AM »
I understand that man i was using the average  :D ;) lol

bro ask any golfer you know, how many rounds of golf they get in during the course of a year...go ahead, ill wait...

Now i garuntee you the vast majority of golfers dont get in 25+ rounds of golf in a year and these are average everyday ppl who dont have as an encompassing job as the pres and have families as well...

so youre telling me that the pres has more free time to play golf than regular working ppl?

REALLY???

::) I work for a large advertising company. The president of our company plays every warm weekend. He often works until 10 pm during the week. It's not that hard to believe that someone could do 25 rounds of golf a year and still be productive career-wise.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
I would rather have him playing golf than enacting hope and change. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 08:51:07 AM »
So is Obama lazy and not getting shit done

or

Obama is hell bent on destroying the country and nothing will get in his way

cant have it both ways 3333..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 08:52:31 AM »
  ::) I work for a large advertising company. The president of our company plays every warm weekend. He often works until 10 pm during the week. It's not that hard to believe that someone could do 25 rounds of golf a year and still be productive career-wise.

The difference is the country has been in a financial meltdown and Obama has been trying to endear himself to the "middle class."  His vacations should be much quieter IMO.  Instead, his wife is spending six figures going to Europe.  He is one of the best beaches in the world, etc.  

If I was CEO of a large company, and the company was having problems, laying off workers, cutting salaries, etc., I wouldn't broadcast the fact that I was out playing golf.  

That said, not sure exactly how the POTUS can take a "quiet" vacation. . . .  Maybe spend less of the taxpayers money, spend his vacations with the troops.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »
So is Obama lazy and not getting shit done

or

Obama is hell bent on destroying the country and nothing will get in his way

cant have it both ways 3333..

I believe what KRS One said about Obama.   to date - KRS 1 has had the most accurate commentary on obama yet.    

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 08:55:13 AM »
I believe what KRS One said about Obama.   to date - KRS 1 has had the most accurate commentary on obama yet.    

lol shut up.. go get a prostitute or something.. orrr..maybe your love for palin wont let you.. Have you had sex since she lost the VP thing? Dont wanna feel like you cheated on her.. are you mad that her husband plows her every night?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 08:57:56 AM »
lol so you think that the job the president of your company has is as encompassing as the leader of the free world?

really?

how many terrorist attacks does your pres have to worry about?
how many times does your pres act on unemployment?
how many times does your pres need to act on foreign policy?
how many times does your pres need to do 99% of the ish the pres does...

thats a horrible comparison bro and you know it...

I agree that the average person can find time to play 25+ rounds of golf in a year, its certainly not easy but they can do it

the pres isnt the avg person though is he?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
lol so you think that the job the president of your company has is as encompassing as the leader of the free world?

really?

how many terrorist attacks does your pres have to worry about?
how many times does your pres act on unemployment?
how many times does your pres need to act on foreign policy?
how many times does your pres need to do 99% of the ish the pres does...

thats a horrible comparison bro and you know it...

I agree that the average person can find time to play 25+ rounds of golf in a year, its certainly not easy but they can do it

the pres isnt the avg person though is he?

It's an apt comparison. Certainly much better than gay marriage=staring at women peeing.  ::) Besides it wasn't even meant to be a comparison, you asked how many times do people I know golf in a year.
He may not have to deal with situations as grave as Obama does, but he has to deal with things that are important to the business and his work days are often 12hours+ and golfing is how he chooses to relax. Doesn't mean he's slacking in other areas.