Author Topic: Planet Fitness Commercial - they hate bodybuilders  (Read 49914 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Planet Fitness Commercial - they hate bodybuilders
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2011, 03:09:28 PM »
Parker where's G thong?
He said about a month ago that he was coming back after finals or something...and my black ass had told myself I wouldn't post till after I take the LSATs.

w8m8

« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »
 :D

Is this thread like a cyber commercial for NYSC ? You should get paid for your work !!

I've been tossed out of two PF myself
One time - grunted while benching 315 on an incline for 5   -  Scarsdale N.Y. circa 2007
Second time - wearing Slayer Reign in Blood T-Shirt and tossing some weights w headphones.   Said I was "intimidating to other guests"   
They said to me:  "We really don't think you fit in here . . . . by he way . . .. we are getting rid of all dumbbells over 45 lbs and think you really should check out NYSC"   
Yeah, that was all well and good, until they got rid of 655 of the equiptment and all dumbbell over 45 lbs etc. 
So they were like - "You don't fit in, probably should go somewhere else, BTW - we are gettig rd of everything" 
Why would I want to stay there? 
I pay more now for NYSC - but like it there a lot.   
Its the truth! 
I pay more for NYSC, but love the place. 
NYSC rocks.   No one ever bothers you, hot chicks to stare at, clean towels, cool guys to lift with or become gym friends with, what else matters? 
PF SUCKS!   
Its true!
I used to go to a Golds' that was changed to a PF and they bounced out all the hardcore lifters from day 1.
It was horrible.
I go to NYSC now, and pay 69 a month vs 10 a month at pf, but it is well worth it. 
PF sucks!   
I go to NYSC and love the place.   
Well worth the extra $60 a month.     
Nah, i like NYSC.   Hot chicks, everything i need, no one ever complains, staff is cool as shit, etc.   
My dad goes to a PF andit is good for him.   
Me - i toss on Slayer/Megadeth and go crazy for an hour and am left alone.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2011, 03:25:17 PM »
Nah, just my personal experiences after almost 20 years of lifitng.   

The Mecca was Gold's Gym circa 1995-2000 Yonkers, N.Y..   also, Ultimate Bodies, Bronx, NY,was great.   

Now, other than Flex Appeal in Mt. Vernon, PowerHouse and a few NYSC here and there, its all fitness bullshit and pussis all over the place.   

w8m8

« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Quote from: DroppingPlates on January 02, 2011, 05:26:49 AM
It's Special Ed after taking advice from GH15

I'm surprised he isn't on board with Will Brink and creating a class action suit  :-\

He represented a corrections officer for getting thrown out of one

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/18/nyregion/18grunt.html?_r=1

In an age where the Internet can make even the smallest feud public, perhaps it was inevitable that Mr. Argibay’s plight would become a cause célèbre for grunters everywhere. His lawyer, Jason Stern, a former competitive bodybuilder, created boycottplanetfitness.com, a Web site that includes a list titled “Top Ten Reasons to Join Planet Witless.” Among the entries: “Library just too noisy of a place for reading books.”

[He also placed a video of a local television news segment about the controversy on YouTube.com.]

Hundreds of e-mail messages have poured into Mr. Stern’s Web site. Most are supportive, he said, but not all. “Occasionally, I do get an e-mail from someone who says this is a good thing,” Mr. Stern said. “They write in and say, ‘You know, this gym is for people like me who are used to getting sand kicked in our face, and we’re tired of it.’ ”

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/11/20/grunting-bodybuilder-might-flex-his-legal-muscles/

His lawyer, Jason Stern, a serious bodybuilder himself, has created boycottplanetfitness.com, a Web site that includes a list titled “Top Ten Reasons to Join Planet Witless.” Among the entries: “No. 10. Free Twinkie Tuesdays!”

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2011, 03:45:46 PM »
I'm surprised he isn't on board with Will Brink and creating a class action suit  :-\

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2006/11/20/grunting-bodybuilder-might-flex-his-legal-muscles/

LMAO at the 2:55 mark
HAHAHAH

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2011, 04:24:08 PM »
The one near me has "Pizza Night"---nuff said...

that should be a crime, it's like they are trying to sabotage their training and diet

E
E

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »

Yeah, I saw an interview with that corrections officer on YT. The fact that they called the police just because he tried to discuss the issue is way over the top. Here in Europe the police won't show up, they have higher priorities than this.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 01:42:35 AM »
that should be a crime, it's like they are trying to sabotage their training and diet

E
Or...they don't take their training and deiting that seriously---I know of people who seemingly have made no "gains" for a whole yr.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 02:12:53 PM »
but a gym should be trying to help their customer reach their goals

they should motivate them to take their training and diet seriously

having "pizza night" is sabotaging their efforts to lose weight, heck even the most dedicated fitness fanatic might have trouble resisting free pizza, let alone the average fatass

they are criminals and if there is any justice in the world they will go out of business

E
E

jordyb80

• Getbig II

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2011, 10:31:42 AM »
but a gym should be trying to help their customer reach their goals

they should motivate them to take their training and diet seriously

having "pizza night" is sabotaging their efforts to lose weight, heck even the most dedicated fitness fanatic might have trouble resisting free pizza, let alone the average fatass

they are criminals and if there is any justice in the world they will go out of business

E

Perhaps thats how they keep them coming back?  Keep them from getting in "too good" of shape..... ;)

body88

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2011, 10:57:54 AM »
So what?

That's what most of the general public thinks anyway. Bodybuilders are delusional, and believe that people envy them, when in reality, the vast majority of people are repulsed by them. It's no differant than a hardcore gym catering to hardcore lifters. Hardcore gyms would advertise against twinks and cardio queens if they could, problem is, they don't have the membership base or capital to do national advertising campaigns.

I think the ad is amazing, and clearly it's working.

Earl, a gym should be catering to their clientele, which is what planet fitness is doing. Their customers don't want to be around bodybuilders or aggressive meatheads. They like to exercise, but they also like to live, and theyre not crazy aboiut their diets. I've got bad new for you.... The company is growing by leaps and bounds.

I'd never work out there. I'm a BSC and NYSC kind of guy.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »
GTFO thats the funniest shit i heard this year    ;D ;D ;D

Funny how the twink taking the video is groveling in fear!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »

LMFAO at the 3:40 mark

Don't sell yourself short Will, you're a tremendous slouch

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »
GTFO thats the funniest shit i heard this year    ;D ;D ;D

fake, but nice viral marketing using social networks...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »
lol, thats actually quite funny

x2  ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »

Earl, a gym should be catering to their clientele, which is what planet fitness is doing. Their customers don't want to be around bodybuilders or aggressive meatheads. They like to exercise, but they also like to live, and theyre not crazy aboiut their diets. I've got bad new for you.... The company is growing by leaps and bounds.

i don't have a problem with them catering to fat fucks, i don't blame them for not wanting to be around studly bodybuilders, then again maybe it would motivate them like it motivated me when i was a skinny runt

my problem is them having a "no judgement zone" when clearly that's clearly what they do, show me a gym that says "no fat fucks allowed" and i'll call it even

and of course "pizza night", a clear attempt to sabotage their customers diet and training, what kind of gym promotes unhealthy diet?

you don't have a problem with this scam?

E
E

body88

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:22 PM »

i don't have a problem with them catering to fat fucks, i don't blame them for not wanting to be around studly bodybuilders, then again maybe it would motivate them like it motivated me when i was a skinny runt

my problem is them having a "no judgement zone" when clearly that's clearly what they do, show me a gym that says "no fat fucks allowed" and i'll call it even

and of course "pizza night", a clear attempt to sabotage their customers diet and training, what kind of gym promotes unhealthy diet?

you don't have a problem with this scam?

E

No, because they cator to people who don't take the gym as seriously as people like you and I. Let em do what they want, fuck em... no one is making anyone sign contracts, or tricking perspective customers. They know what they are signing up for.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »

No, because they cator to people who don't take the gym as seriously as people like you and I. Let em do what they want, fuck em... no one is making anyone sign contracts, or tricking perspective customers. They know what they are signing up for.

i disagree, having pizza night at a gym catering to fatties is like having beer at an alcoholics anonymous meeting

don't most gyms make you sign a yearly contract?

E
E

body88

« Reply #94 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:33 PM »

i disagree, having pizza night at a gym catering to fatties is like having beer at an alcoholics anonymous meeting

don't most gyms make you sign a yearly contract?

E

Yes, but they don't; they ask for a monthly fee, no strings attached. And not everyone that works out at PF is fat. There is one across the street from the BSC I work out at, and it's filled with college students, and those looking for a cheap place to workout, with little to no restrictions. It's inexpensive; the equivalent to that cell phone provider Boost Mobile.

Most people who workout, have a "cheat meal", once a week...and one would think that is the logic behind pizza night at these gyms. Work hard, and then let loose. Moreover, who gives a fuck? It's not like these people are being tricked.

I miss worlds gym. I thought that was a good gym. I dig BSC and NYSC, as well.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »
I threatend to sued PF back in 2007 and won. I used to go to golds in Yonkers,ny when they did the switch. the guy at the counter told me if I didnt like the change in equipment I could cancell my membership that was transferred over. This was back in 03. He did the paperwork and said I was all set.

Well fast forward to 07 I get a bill in the mail for 2,500 because I never paid my dues. I talked to them but said they would send a collection agency. My lawyer then threatend to sue them for 2,500 and they settled. Luckily I still had the paperwork on file. Slam dunk. Fucking scumbags.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #96 on: January 06, 2011, 09:21:13 PM »
I have yet to meet anyone who goes to a planet fitness and is actually in good shape.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2011, 05:37:32 AM »
I threatend to sued PF back in 2007 and won. I used to go to golds in Yonkers,ny when they did the switch. the guy at the counter told me if I didnt like the change in equipment I could cancell my membership that was transferred over. This was back in 03. He did the paperwork and said I was all set.

Well fast forward to 07 I get a bill in the mail for 2,500 because I never paid my dues. I talked to them but said they would send a collection agency. My lawyer then threatend to sue them for 2,500 and they settled. Luckily I still had the paperwork on file. Slam dunk. Fucking scumbags.

I used to go to Gold's on Yonkers Ave. back in the day.   When it was Health & Fitness Depot it was the mecca of lower westchester/bronx area for lifting.   Met a lot of cool guys who all lifted like animals over there.  I actually met Renzo Gracie there when Alvarez was starting is BJJ classes upstairs.   

Great freakin times over there until the two brothers took it over and turned it in to Planet Fitness.  Same with the one in White Plains.   

I miss those days alot.   

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:25 AM »
I used to go to Gold's on Yonkers Ave. back in the day.   When it was Health & Fitness Depot it was the mecca of lower westchester/bronx area for lifting.   Met a lot of cool guys who all lifted like animals over there.  I actually met Renzo Gracie there when Alvarez was starting is BJJ classes upstairs.   

Great freakin times over there until the two brothers took it over and turned it in to Planet Fitness.  Same with the one in White Plains.   

I miss those days alot.   

Those were both awesome gyms. Getting down those stairs in yonkers was a bitch after squatting lol. WP is a bitch to park but I used to work around the corner at frozen ropes. I havnt been there in a year, but powerhouse in cross county was the only goo gym left.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2011, 06:01:02 AM »
Those were both awesome gyms. Getting down those stairs in yonkers was a bitch after squatting lol. WP is a bitch to park but I used to work around the corner at frozen ropes. I havnt been there in a year, but powerhouse in cross county was the only goo gym left.

Flex Appeal in Mt. Vernon is good, real good.   But the parking is horrendous.   

I used to also train at Powerhouse in the Bronx.   It used to be Ultimate Bodies and was real old school.   Leaking pipes across the ceiling, etc. 

I tell these young punks (I'm 35 y/o), they have no idea how fun it used to be.   It was the early - mid - late 90's into say about 2001 or so.   

Great damn times.   People were more focused on lifting, then "fitness" and bullshit like that.   People werea lot bigger and stronger back then.   Even ow at 35, I make these young fools look stupid and they thik its a big deal to rep 315on a bench, or 100lbs dumbbells on the incline, or squat with clangin plates and more than 225 on the hack squat.   

bitches more interested in ther cell pones and abs than actually lifting.