Author Topic: Strikeforce has the best HW division in the world, no doubt about it.  (Read 9963 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

'Nuf said. The UFC can't even field 1/4 of a lineup of that caliber.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Strikeforce has the best HW division in the world, no doubt about it.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:07:04 PM »
you know..i always tried to stay out of this conversation about who has the best HW division....but the UFC couldn't have the same caliber of card with all HW....other weight classes? absolutely...but not HW..

bench

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

That's a pretty fuckin sick tournament right there.  I'm lookin foward to it, Arlovski/Kharitonov should be interesting.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
That's a pretty fuckin sick tournament right there.  I'm lookin foward to it, Arlovski/Kharitonov should be interesting.

I liked watching Kharitonov in Pride when he was just getting going on the big stage. Haven't watched him lately. Will definitely be interesting.

you know..i always tried to stay out of this conversation about who has the best HW division....but the UFC couldn't have the same caliber of card with all HW....other weight classes? absolutely...but not HW..

bench

Definitely. Mindspin has spouted off for a long time now about how great the UFC HW division and how it's easily the best in the business but the reality of the matter is that they can't field a HW tournament anywhere near as good as this one.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:00:35 PM »
that is just sick, haven't seen anything that awesome since pride

E
E

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:27 PM »
that is just sick, haven't seen anything that awesome since pride

E

The grand prix was always the highlight of the year for me. Pumped to see it coming back in some form.

Too bad the UFC is too busy being money-grubbing scumbags to have done something like this earlier.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »
well well well..finally got my wish. Somebody finally had the balls to create a GP.

mcmainiac

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48:54 AM »
Can't really argue with that one. This tourney should be AWESOME! I've got Overeem if he can pass the NSAC testing.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 09:39:39 AM »
Mindspin's probably on a 5150 hold at UCLA. Word is police found him in the bathroom cutting himself while screaming about how his master Dana failed him.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 09:49:26 AM »
This will be a great tourney....

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »
Fedor will destroy them all, including exposing Overeem. Then he ll retire as the GOAT.

James

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »

Looks good, but they should have had the Overeem/Werdum fight on the other side of the chart, so then the winner of that fight would most likely end up against Fedor in the Final  

Fedor against either Overreem in the Final ... or Fedor in a rematch against Werdum in the Final, would both be a great PPV for Strikoforce.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 06:55:51 AM »
Sweet tourney.

Arguments can be made either way about what company has the best HW's.  I tend to watch more UFC than the others, just bc the others are usually on Showtime.  However I have seen them all fight numerous times, as i've been a fan of MMA since watching the first UFC on PPV years ago.

That being said, both company's have their better fighters, and both have their washed up, on their way out fighters as well.

Strikeforce has:  Reem, Fedor, and Werdum as there top guys.  UFC has their top guys:  Cain, JDS, and Carwin.
Both have their veterans, that could be washed up:  i.e. Barnett, Arlovski, Mir, Cro Cop, etc.

Both have unknown/untested/so-so fighter:  Rogers, Kharitonov, Lesnar, Big Country, Schaub, etc.

Both company's have great HW divisions.  What it boils down to is who you wanna watch fight.  It's an objective question with a subjective answer.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 09:27:51 AM »
Sweet tourney.

Arguments can be made either way about what company has the best HW's.  I tend to watch more UFC than the others, just bc the others are usually on Showtime.  However I have seen them all fight numerous times, as i've been a fan of MMA since watching the first UFC on PPV years ago.

That being said, both company's have their better fighters, and both have their washed up, on their way out fighters as well.

Strikeforce has:  Reem, Fedor, and Werdum as there top guys.  UFC has their top guys:  Cain, JDS, and Carwin.
Both have their veterans, that could be washed up:  i.e. Barnett, Arlovski, Mir, Cro Cop, etc.

Both have unknown/untested/so-so fighter:  Rogers, Kharitonov, Lesnar, Big Country, Schaub, etc.

Both company's have great HW divisions.  What it boils down to is who you wanna watch fight.  It's an objective question with a subjective answer.

Did you honestly just list Kharitonov with those guys? My, my, you really are an MMA novice, Yemeni.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:12 AM »
Did you honestly just list Kharitonov with those guys? My, my, you really are an MMA novice, Yemeni.

Strikeforce nuthuggery at it's finest.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 10:35:33 AM »
Strikeforce nuthuggery at it's finest.

Aww, the UFC fanboy seems upset. You and your other gimmicks spent months talking about how good the UFC HW division is and in the span of one card (Brock's embarrassing annihilation) it went from being somewhat respectable to complete trash.

Must sting. Are you asking yourself if swallowing Dana's loads were worth it?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Aww, the UFC fanboy seems upset. You and your other gimmicks spent months talking about how good the UFC HW division is and in the span of one card (Brock's embarrassing annihilation) it went from being somewhat respectable to complete trash.

Must sting. Are you asking yourself if swallowing Dana's loads were worth it?

::)
UFC has the best talent in the world.  Striikeforce has UFC rejects, i.e. Arlovski, Barnett, etc.  And pussys that are too afraid to fight in the UFC, i.e. FEDOR.  I bet money Baroni signs with them next. 

It's ok bf.  If you wanna go ahead and become a fan, it's fine.  Actually, UFC has the most mma fans in the world.  Although i do like strikeforce, it's like the minor leagues.  Obviously you can relate.

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 03:01:04 PM »
That is the fuckin best fight card I've seen in 10 years

chixlegs

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 03:20:20 PM »
I don't know.  Barnett?  Rogers?  I mean, Arlovski is pretty lame now too and honestly, I used to love Fedor, but he is not the same fighter he was in Pride.  He never fights, and when he does, he looks rusty and unimpressive.  I just don't see it. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
Haha, really, ANOTHER gimmick, Yemeni? You really have no shame.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:56 PM »
I don't know.  Barnett?  Rogers?  I mean, Arlovski is pretty lame now too and honestly, I used to love Fedor, but he is not the same fighter he was in Pride.  He never fights, and when he does, he looks rusty and unimpressive.  I just don't see it. 
they are lower calibre of talent compared to the ufc.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 07:02:35 PM »
they are lower calibre of talent compared to the ufc.

What talent? You and your other accounts hailed Cock Chestnar as the greatest fighter to ever grace the sport. We saw how that ended up.

It's not even debatable at this point that's how far behind the UFC HW division is. You actually had to include Carwin, a guy who punched himself out in less than 60 seconds to the biggest embarrassment of a HW champ ever, in the list of "top guys" to actually build some sort of argument. Thanks for playing.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:21 PM »
::)
UFC has the best talent in the world.  Striikeforce has UFC rejects, i.e. Arlovski, Barnett, etc.  And pussys that are too afraid to fight in the UFC, i.e. FEDOR.  I bet money Baroni signs with them next. 

The UFC actually re signed Baroni after he was cut for getting destroyed by Joe Riggs in Strikeforce.  So in reality, they signed a Strikeforce reject lol, go figure that one. 
Predictions
 40/61

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 09:36:42 PM »
The UFC actually re signed Baroni after he was cut for getting destroyed by Joe Riggs in Strikeforce.  So in reality, they signed a Strikeforce reject lol, go figure that one. 

savage owning
I dont like twinks.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 01:17:04 AM »
  I think that with Fedor, Overeem and Barnett, it is a straightforward conclusion that Strikeforce has the best HW division. Those are three proven heavyweights. The UFC has only one proven heavyweight(Nogueira) who is past his prime due to severe physical injuries over the years. I am going by experience and not talent, because talent can only be evaluated in retrospective. Can Velasquez is too wet behind his ears to be claimed as great.

SUCKMYMUSCLE