Author Topic: Stupid bicep/hamstring question  (Read 3234 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Stupid bicep/hamstring question
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »
...is there a bicep movement possible that would mimic the idea of the stiff legged dead lift for hamstrings?... or does the shoulder's construction make this impossible??

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Stupid bicep/hamstring question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »
Sounds like it - can't think of one.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 06:01:01 PM »
...is there a bicep movement possible that would mimic the idea of the stiff legged dead lift for hamstrings?... or does the shoulder's construction make this impossible??
Stiff armed preacher curls ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »
In some minor way I'm sure.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:39:04 PM »
Drag curls would be the closest thing to what your talking about.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »
incline curls or lying on the bench curls give u that nice deep stretch..
follow the arrows

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »
yeah...this...

bench

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28:19 AM »
stiff legged deads are such an odd movement imo...you only get the strech but cant really "contract" the muscle. I still do it and i like the feeling it gives you...a strong mind to muscle conection is a must in this movement...as for the biceps, cant really think of a similar movement. I dont even think its possible to find one.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »
stiff legged deads are such an odd movement imo...you only get the strech but cant really "contract" the muscle. I still do it and i like the feeling it gives you...a strong mind to muscle conection is a must in this movement...as for the biceps, cant really think of a similar movement. I dont even think its possible to find one.

Most of the muscle damage comes when you're stretching the muscle while "contracting" (i.e. activating) it.  SLDLs always make me sore as hell, I think this is why.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 03:25:02 PM »
Reverse grip deadlifts, straight arm pulldowns (toward body)-- reverse bb rows with a slightly bent elbow (with the perception of curling, even though the weight would be too heavy)--

Wall curls with no elbow movement and an added "drag" up the body..

Someone standing in front of you on as heavy a wall curl as you can handle, and pushing your shouldere into the wall...

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:02 PM »

what are these?? NM... interesting...

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
Thats what I was talking about

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »
For a attempted biceps stretch, rather than any ( however slight) bicep contraction, consider extra wide grip DL's. With a regular grip (over hand) or even a curl grip. Trying for a bicep contraction with a full stretch, than the wide grip BB curl.  Full hanging chins, either two or one arm. Rope climbing (a very rare exercises today) from a full overhead reach gives a great stretch. Not only the biceps but the lat's also.

If anyone has done serious construction work with a wheel barrel they know the affects the day after. Reason why Farmer Walks are included in any bicep stretching action. Can do Olympic snatches & cleans also.

Drag curls (suggested as a Gironda invention?) keeps tension focus through the full movement. But not really a biceps stretching function. As Chaos mentioned, Preacher/Scott curls, but probably better with a DB one arm at a time. The top of the preacher bench should be pretty well jammed into the side/arm pit of the person doing it. All giving better focus on the bicep stretch. Curl grip BB rows (Dyslexic's offering) are good with a close to extra wider grip. If fact, that exercise is one of the better lat builders for a lot of guy's.

Doing regular BB curls, with a close grip (almost touching the hands) and the elbows jammed into the waist/abs also allows a good stretch. And a outstanding bicep contraction/cramp  at the top of the movement. Good Luck.
F

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
What jpm said......about farmers walks, my freakin biceps are sore as hell after luggin 200lbs in each hand.

Traps too.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:46 AM »

I think heavy deadlifts can hit the biceps like that.