Author Topic: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event  (Read 39060 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Shot at Grocery Store Event
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2011, 07:18:01 PM »
you likely praise the man that did it....

bench

You're a fucking idiot if that's what you really think.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2011, 07:19:24 PM »
he is just another out of touch american thinking this dumbass political shit is a war....

bench

Sure I am ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2011, 11:32:26 PM »
Wow, the guy was quite a d-bag, and sounds to be batshit crazy.  he certainly wasn't representative of the mainstream views of either party.  And while his motive isn't yet known, it appears to be only a coincidence that he targeted one of the people Palin asked people to target.

It doesn't look good for her in the 2012 arena.  But I don't think it excludes her from taking the nod. 

The list was a VERY bad idea.  But we DO NOT know if it is related in any way whatsoever.  We must not jump to any conclusions.

i wrote this very early on.  Neuro mentioned the Palin hit list, and I responded to that.  Maybe yall "know" my motives, and you think I'm trying to connect it because I think Palin is a crappy candidate that will give obama another 4 years.

But in this case, particaly the maddow take on the federal census worker who committed suicide, I actually went OUT OF MY WAY to repeatedly say we shouldn't jump to conclusions and it could have been foreign gangs, just as easily as anything else.

So, if you think you just KNOW my motive here, re-read the posts I made on the topic.  Probably 5 times I repeated myself "don't jump to conclusions".  If you think I'm playing reverse psychology, please, step back and stop overthinking shit.  Palin's site DID go down briefly - I did a screenshot as did many on other forums.  But it could have been from traffic spike... although is the Target thing off her site now?

Anyway, it's awesome to hear the Rep didn't die form her injuries, and I pray she makes a full recovery.  may the shooter find solace from a well placed broomstick in prison from his cellmates one day soon.  And really guys, while I think it was horribly irresponsible for Palin to use gun targets to aim at people - I don't think it was connected.  She's a shitty choice for repubs in 2012, but she didn't cause this.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2011, 11:56:20 PM »

not even considering this psycho shooting, the "hit list" and some of the wording used by the tea party folks is simply stupid and easily taken as threating or inciting.  Really, how fucking stupid is it to map out your political ambitions via scope sites on political opponents.  At the very minimum it's extremely bad taste.  And I sure in hell would think the same thing if some asshole on the left put scope sites on Palin or Ron Paul.  Actually I'd be really pissed if they did it to Ron Paul ;D

This psycho shooter will not hurt Palin whatsoever.  You have to be fucking braindead to blame Palin for what this guy did.  There shouldn't be any affect on her from this.  I think this guy's insanity is going to be hard to avoid and I don't think any of this bullshit trying to blame right or left is going to stick.  In the end people are going to see this guy for the nut he is.  I just got done reading a few threads over on freerepublic and most of them clearly identified the guy as insane.  Several calling his ideology, "unique"  That of course ends in a translation that can't blame anything but the shooter's insanity.  This will and should be a null effect on both the right and left.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2011, 02:46:30 AM »

not even considering this psycho shooting, the "hit list" and some of the wording used by the tea party folks is simply stupid and easily taken as threating or inciting.  Really, how fucking stupid is it to map out your political ambitions via scope sites on political opponents.  At the very minimum it's extremely bad taste.  And I sure in hell would think the same thing if some asshole on the left put scope sites on Palin or Ron Paul.  Actually I'd be really pissed if they did it to Ron Paul ;D

This psycho shooter will not hurt Palin whatsoever.  You have to be fucking braindead to blame Palin for what this guy did.  There shouldn't be any affect on her from this.  I think this guy's insanity is going to be hard to avoid and I don't think any of this bullshit trying to blame right or left is going to stick.  In the end people are going to see this guy for the nut he is.  I just got done reading a few threads over on freerepublic and most of them clearly identified the guy as insane.  Several calling his ideology, "unique"  That of course ends in a translation that can't blame anything but the shooter's insanity.  This will and should be a null effect on both the right and left.

Of course it's the lone assassins LONE responsibility what he did.

But I think everyone needs to ask themselves what kind of rhetoric they use.

Like when Jaguar compares Bush to Hitler.

Or this:

240 - the thing is that i hate obama so much I can easily overlook Sarah's issues and easily vote for her. 

Some of you guys like Obama only slightly more than Sarah and thus could not vote for her.

See the difference?  I am not an objective voice on this issue by any stretch and make no pretense of this. 

I honestly 10000% believe that Obama poses a clear and present danger to this nation on many levels and is at his base core a radical marxist who utterly despises this nation, its history, etc.

I dont feel the same about Palin. 

240 - read this quote and think about it.

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.

Marcus Tullius Cicero quotes (Ancient Roman Lawyer, Writer, Scholar, Orator and Statesman, 106 BC-43 BC)

As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
that's a dang good quote right there.  I like it. :)

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.

Marcus Tullius Cicero quotes (Ancient Roman Lawyer, Writer, Scholar, Orator and Statesman, 106 BC-43 BC)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #206 on: January 09, 2011, 05:23:14 AM »
Why? John Hinckley, Jr. shot Reagan in an attempt to impress Jodie Foster. Didn't stop her career.

I'm guessing that you're probably frothing at the mouth hoping this can be linked to Palin in some way.

I understand why you would make such an analogy, but it doesn't quite apply here.
There are many factors that differ. For one, Jodie Foster had never uttered a word about Reagan.
Palin's PAC however, has intimated things towards Gifford and others. Secondly, Palin is a politician. Politicians are always vulnerable to repercussions, whether deserved or not.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: January 09, 2011, 05:40:54 AM »
Alleged Shooter Jared Loughner May Have Met Rep. Giffords Previously

A woman named Caitie Parker has been tweeting that she went to school with Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' alleged shooter Jared Loughner and that he had met Giffords previously. 

Also," he was a pot head & into rock like Hendrix,The Doors, Anti-Flag. I haven't seen him in person since '07 in a sign language class" and "As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy.

The web page appears to be tracking her tweets about Jared Loughner. Hmmm. I wonder if she knows.

http://www.businessinsider.com/woman-who-says-she-went-to-school-with-alleged-shooter-says-he-met-giffords-in-2007-2011-1?sailthru_m=h2n
w

roccoginge

« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »
Hey jerk off right wingers, "tea baggers", this fuck, Jerod Loughner, was a member of several Tea Party organizations.  It was on his facebook acct. which was promptly taken down.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #209 on: January 09, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
This is exactly what I am talking about.   Typical disgusting crap from the far left.   I swear, these disgusting communists pieces of excrement never fail to dissappoint.  

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about.      

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2011, 05:47:53 AM »
Sarah Palin Criticized Over Gabrielle Giffords Presence on "Target List" 
 Edited on Sat Jan-08-11 08:16 PM by Turborama
Source: CBS

Updated 7:52 p.m. Eastern Time

We do not yet know what prompted 22-year-old accused gunman Jared Loughner to allegedly shoot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and others, including a child and federal judge who died from their wounds.

But critics of Sarah Palin have already drawn a link between the shooting and the fact that the former Alaska governor put Giffords on a "target list" of lawmakers Palin wanted to see unseated in the midterm elections.

In March, Palin released a map featuring 20 House Democrats that used crosshairs images to show their districts. (You can see it here.) Critics suggested at the time that she was inciting violence by using the crosshairs imagery and for later writing on Twitter to her supporters, "'Don't Retreat, Instead - RELOAD!'"

"We're paying particular attention to those House members who voted in favor of Obamacare and represent districts that Senator John McCain and I carried during the 2008 election," Palin wrote when she released the target list.

She specifically cited Giffords and then went to say: "We'll aim for these races and many others."

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20027918-503544....

________________________ ________________________ _______

::)  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: January 09, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »
Arizona Suspect’s Online Trail Offers Hints of Alienation
 Edited on Sat Jan-08-11 10:24 PM Source: NY Times

WASHINGTON — His MySpace page included a photograph of a United States history textbook, on top of which he had placed a handgun. He prepared a series of Internet videos in which he posted odd statements about the gold standard, the community college he attended and SWAT teams.

Jared Lee Loughner, in these few public hints, offered a sense of his alienation from society, confusion, anger as well as foreboding that his life could soon come to an end. Friends talked of how he had become reclusive in recent years, and his public postings raised questions, in retrospect at least, about his mental state.

-----

There was evidence of recent trouble, though. Mr. Loughner, 22, was suspended in late September from Pima Community College, where he had been attending classes, because the school became aware of a disturbing YouTube video. Mr. Loughner voluntarily withdrew from the College on Oct. 4.

-----

Another former high school classmate said that Mr. Loughner’s politics were left of center, and that he may have met Representative Giffords, who was shot in the head outside the Safeway supermarket, sometime before the attack.

“As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09shooter...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2011, 05:53:26 AM »
Hey jerk off right wingers, "tea baggers", this fuck, Jerod Loughfner, was a member of several Tea Party organizations.  It was on his facebook acct. which was promptly taken down.
hey idiot, the facebook page was a fake.  try to keep up with the news before shooting your mouth off.  This was already covered in this thread.

The facebook page is fake.  The myspace and youtube pages are real as far as we know now.  The boyblue posts from daily kos are not from the shooter.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2011, 05:58:05 AM »
Tucson shooting suspect Jared Loughner appears to have posted bizarre messages

By David A. Fahrenthold and Clarence Williams
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, January 9, 2011; 12:24 AM

The man identified by authorities as the gunman in Saturday's shooting rampage, which killed six and critically injured Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), appears to have left a trail of bizarre and anti-government messages on the Internet.

Law enforcement sources identified the gunman as Jared Lee Loughner, 22, of Tucson. Loughner -- or someone using his name -- left a series of postings and homemade videos that laid out a fervent, though largely incoherent, set of political views.

On YouTube, Loughner's profile listed Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels's "The Communist Manifesto" and Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf" among his favorite books. He also included high school English class classics such as "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "The Old Man and the Sea," plus children's works such as Aesop's fables and "The Phantom Tollbooth."

In one video, titled "America: Your last memory in a terrorist country!," a figure in dark clothing and a smiley-face mask burns an American flag in the desert. The soundtrack is a 2001 song by the band Drowning Pool, in which the singer repeatedly shrieks "Let the bodies hit the floor!"

Another, posted Dec. 15, begins with a line of text reading "My Final Thoughts: Jared Lee Loughner!" What follows on the screen are seemingly unconnected thoughts about currency and dreams, and the words "I can't trust the current government because of the ratifications: the government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar."

The videos also say that Loughner applied to join the U.S. Army. The Army issued a statement Saturday saying that he attempted to enlist but was rejected for reasons that officials would not disclose.

Another video attacks the police at Tucson's Pima Community College, where he had been a student.

School officials said in a statement late Saturday that Loughner attended the community college from 2005 until last fall, when he withdrew after disciplinary problems.

The statement said that between February and September last year, campus police were called five times to deal with disruptions Loughner caused in classrooms and libraries. On Sept. 29, the college said, it discovered that Loughner had posted a YouTube video he had made on the campus.

"In the video, he claims that the College is illegal according to the U.S. Constitution, and makes other claims," the college's statement said.

That day, two police officers delivered a letter of suspension to Loughner at his parents' house in a Tucson suburb.

On Oct. 4, during a meeting with Loughner, his parents and college administrators, he agreed to withdraw, the college said. School officials told him he could return only if he obtained a clearance certifying that "in the opinion of a mental health professional, his presence at the College does not present a danger to himself or others."

Loughner's troubled past also includes a drug arrest.

The videos do not mention Giffords by name. They do not describe any specific actions Loughner planned. And they do not seem to link Loughner explicitly to any mainstream political group or figures.

Federal law enforcement sources said Loughner used a Glock 19 semiautomatic pistol that was found with a fully loaded magazine that held about 30 bullets. He had another magazine that held about 30 bullets and two others that each held about 15 bullets. He also was carrying a knife.

The sources said he was standing about 15 feet from Giffords and started running, screaming something. Then he began firing rapidly, "pulling the trigger really fast."

An eyewitness to the shooting said a "shabby"-looking young man in dark sweats appeared as Giffords met constituents on the sidewalk.

Steven Rayle said the shooter raised a handgun and shot Giffords in the face from a few feet away. After that, Rayle said, the gunman shot repeatedly into a crowd of people who had been standing around Giffords.

"I don't think he was even aiming. He was just firing at whatever," Rayle said. After the shooting stopped, the gunman was tackled, and Rayle said he helped hold him down. Even then, Rayle said, Loughner said nothing to explain his actions.

"I think he did say something. But there was no, like, protest statement, or anything crazy," Rayle said. As people strained to hold him on the ground, "he might have just said, 'Stop.'"

Loughner's address is in a neighborhood of ranch houses and ramblers in a Tucson suburb lined with palm trees and cactus, just a few miles from the shopping center where Giffords was shot. By midafternoon, police had cordoned off an area of several blocks, as streams of reporters and other interested people rushed to the neighborhood.

In high school, Loughner played saxophone in the jazz band, and his clothes alternated between typical Arizona high school fashions - shorts and a T-shirt - and "Goth" clothes. Some days, said friend Timothy Cheves, Loughner would wear long, dark pants with chains on them, and T-shirts with the names of heavy-metal bands.

"He wasn't very outgoing, but he was personable. If you sat down to talk to him, he would talk to you back," Cheves, 22, said. "But he'd get frustrated with people easily. . . . He'd think that a lot of people were just idiots."

That included people in politics, Cheves said: "He was like a radical against both parties. . . . From what I got, it seemed like he didn't like anybody that was in power."

Cheves recalled one moment when they worked together at a restaurant, the Mandarin Grill, where Loughner was a dishwasher.

"I was trying to tell him, you know, you need to get your life on the right track," Cheves said. He believed Loughner was using marijuana. "I was telling him about God and all that. And he broke down crying, and he gave me a big ol' hug, and said, 'Thank you, you're one of the only ones that ever listened to me.' "

Loughner never talked of using violence, Cheves said, but "there was something there that wasn't quite right."

fahrenthold@washpost.com williamsc@washpost.com

Williams reported from Tucson.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2011, 06:04:39 AM »
Democrats lash out at inflammatory rhetoric following shooting
The Hill ^ | Jan. 8, 2011 | Peter Schroeder

Following the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), some Democrats are targeting political rhetoric they say could encourage violent behavior.

Steve Israel, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, said the event was "both a personal tragedy and a tragic reminder that we cannot remain silent when political rhetoric turns violent."

Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) said, "America must not tolerate violence or inflammatory rhetoric that incites political violence."

"Even though we do not have all the answers yet, we are all too familiar with the violent and polarizing climate in which we live," said Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.), the new chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus. "Those of us in leadership must be overly cautious of fanning the flames of extremism in hopes to prevent another horrendous tragedy such as this."

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence called for a return to civil political discourse.

(Excerpt) Read more at thehill.com ...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: January 09, 2011, 06:06:35 AM »
That included people in politics, Cheves said: "He was like a radical against both parties. . . . From what I got, it seemed like he didn't like anybody that was in power."
I was kinda wondering this about him.  From his book list to his comments to his actions, he seemed to be conflicted.  He's more like the people who are disgruntled with the entire system, left and right, like I am right now and probably many others.  The difference being sane vs. insane.  This guy imo is clearly insane and would have been a danger to himself and others left, right or middle.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: January 09, 2011, 06:18:25 AM »
This is exactly what I am talking about.   Typical disgusting crap from the far left.   I swear, these disgusting communists pieces of excrement never fail to dissappoint.  

actully the obama buttlicker makes some good points.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2011, 06:27:13 AM »
Again - its the double standards that get me.   And send - we dont even know whether the "rhetoric" or anything else for that matter motivated this guy.  Could just be a fame seeker. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: January 09, 2011, 06:37:51 AM »
Again - its the double standards that get me.   And send - we dont even know whether the "rhetoric" or anything else for that matter motivated this guy.  Could just be a fame seeker. 
personally I think this guy was so insane he would have been a loose cannon and danger to people no matter what.  But totally aside from that, dipshit Olbermann makes some good points and even takes part of the blame himself and says that he was wrong.  Obviously I don't agree with everything he said, but imo he does raise some really good points.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2011, 06:40:54 AM »
America needs more guns.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2011, 06:41:19 AM »
Suspect in rampage called 'very disturbed' (has made death threats before)
Arizona Daily Sun ^ | January 9 2011 | Tim Steller

The man arrested for opening fire at a community meeting held by U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Saturday -- killing six people and injuring 13 others -- disrupted classes at Pima Community College, tried to manipulate his dreams and posted rambling messages on the Internet.

The suspected shooter is Jared Lee Loughner, a 22-year-old who lives on the northwest side. He is mentally unstable and may have had an accomplice, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Saturday evening.

A former classmate of Loughner at Pima, from which he was suspended Sept. 29 for code-of-conduct violations, said he was "obviously very disturbed."

"He disrupted class frequently with nonsensical outbursts," said Lynda Sorenson, who took a math class with Loughner last summer at Pima Community College's Northwest campus.

Dupnik said the suspected shooter has made death threats before and been contacted by law-enforcement officers. The threats weren't against Giffords, Dupnik said.

[snip]

As a middle school student, Loughner was "kind of an outcast," said Shannin Macey, who said via e-mail she attended Tortolita and Mountain View with him. In high school, Loughner was in jazz band and played the saxophone, but he dropped out in junior year, said Tommy Marriotti, who was a high-school friend of Loughner.

At the time he dropped out, Loughner was having drug problems, Marriotti said, but he seemed to do well once he started taking classes at Pima.

Loughner attended Pima courses from summer 2005 until he withdrew in October after his suspension, the college said.

He tried to enlist in the Army in 2008 but was rejected, said First Sgt. Brian Homme, who oversees Army recruiting in Tucson. Loughner was sent to Phoenix to take a test and physical, but "he was found to be unqualified," Homme said.

[snip]

Sorenson, Loughner's classmate at Pima, said he was asked to leave the pre-algebra class several times and eventually was barred from class.

Pima officials said in a news release that from February to September 2010, Loughner had five contacts with PCC police for classroom and library disruptions at Northwest and West campuses.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2011, 06:55:27 AM »
shit, you know his lawyers are going to claim insanity or whatever. He might get to spend the rest of his life in a mental ward rather than getting the death penatly.

Isn't the mental ward where crazy people belong? ???
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2011, 07:03:10 AM »
that's a dang good quote right there.  I like it. :)

QFT!!!
Wow, nice quote.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2011, 07:18:42 AM »

Aside from the pompous self righteous holier than thou sanctimonious attitude, there's nothing wrong with what he said. I actually agree with the message put forth.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2011, 07:22:55 AM »
We have no proof whatsoever what was the motive for this and he is tossing all sorts of labels and mamby pamby bs out there. 

Again - where has hebeen when obama did the same thing for thew last year?