Author Topic: What Girls/Women Can Expect From NATURAL Bodybuilding and Diet ALONE!  (Read 121993 times)

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
Re: What Girls/Women Can Expect From NATURAL Bodybuilding and Diet ALONE!
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2005, 04:36:01 PM »
:D

Rhonda/"Insomnia", someone really needs to contact "Oprah", or "Montel", and tell them about your (and Jodi's) estimable BB achievements, and what the two of you (as ALL-NATURALS) are up against in the sordid world of "artificially-augmented" BB competition!

Just think Rhonda...wouldn't your appearing on "Oprah", showing off your ALL-NATURAL, gorgeous, FBB figure, and demonstrating knocking out reps. in the angled leg press with 1650 lbs., at a bwt. of a mere 165 lbs., be a "sensation", and a tremendous inspiration to all girls/women, on national prime-time TV?!

Plus, what a PLUG for the benefits of ALL-NATURAL female BB!!

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2005, 04:42:05 PM »
Hi Richard, Hi Div.  :D

Hey Meddy...say hello to Sally for me! 

Meddy, methinks Div no longer has a crush on you!?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and loved ones!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #202 on: November 23, 2005, 09:19:35 PM »
Why...why...this is becoming so depressing...trying to search for, and locate, 100% pure, BB drug-free, non-artificial/plastic, ALL-NATURAL, BB women...that I may have to just give up and join Div over on the "Dark Side"!?

.....it is your destiny.

Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son! 

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #203 on: November 23, 2005, 10:37:54 PM »
Jean Paul, for whatever reason, you can't seem to see reality and understand that I am natural.  If you were to meet me in person, it would become obvious to you.  There's a different look to my muscle, to my face, to my skin, to the overall shape of my body than that of a girl on steroids or growth.

I guess you can just say I'm one strong ass bitch in the gym who has dedicated much of her spare time for the past 15 years to doing things the hard way, the patient way, the way of the turtle rather than the hare.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

By the way, Mary Lado is another natural competitor who is beautiful and successful in today's industry.  And...no silicone.
Jodi

billycarp

• Getbig IV
  • Solid Vermont Redneck
« Reply #204 on: November 23, 2005, 11:27:35 PM »
Jean Paul, for whatever reason, you can't seem to see reality and understand that I am natural.  If you were to meet me in person, it would become obvious to you.  There's a different look to my muscle, to my face, to my skin, to the overall shape of my body than that of a girl on steroids or growth.

I guess you can just say I'm one strong ass bitch in the gym who has dedicated much of her spare time for the past 15 years to doing things the hard way, the patient way, the way of the turtle rather than the hare.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

By the way, Mary Lado is another natural competitor who is beautiful and successful in today's industry.  And...no silicone.

You look natural to me.  The true test is off-season appearance. 
musclegurus.net

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #205 on: November 23, 2005, 11:56:31 PM »
Rhonda/"Insomnia", someone really needs to contact "Oprah", or "Montel", and tell them about your (and Jodi's) estimable BB achievements, and what the two of you (as ALL-NATURALS) are up against in the sordid world of "artificially-augmented" BB competition!

Just think Rhonda...wouldn't your appearing on "Oprah", showing off your ALL-NATURAL, gorgeous, FBB figure, and demonstrating knocking out reps. in the angled leg press with 1650 lbs., at a bwt. of a mere 165 lbs., be a "sensation", and a tremendous inspiration to all girls/women, on national prime-time TV?!

Plus, what a PLUG for the benefits of ALL-NATURAL female BB!!

Sounds like a great idea Richard...but most people (that dont know the difference) dont buy that Im drug-free. Would be fun to freak them out though! From the sounds of it, you have a great appreciation for all the hard work and patience it takes. Thank you.

Jody- I wouldnt have it any other way either!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2005, 01:18:55 AM »
You look natural to me.  The true test is off-season appearance. 

Jodi off-season is bootilicious.  She doesn't get that heavy, but she really fills out nicely.  Her ass, thighs really get thick.....

yeah, got any offseason pics where you're not so drawn? I too would like to see you with a nice curvature rather than hard biceps, striations...and veins

you do do stuff like clen, though I am guessing. imo it makes a woman too lean

Jodi is drug free.

DIV

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
Sorry...there's no way to discuss this and not create a long post.  Read if you want; skip if you don't.

I've never done clen and don't agree with it being used by other girls either.  I didn't use any diuretics going into the shows this year.  In previous years, I've used Taraxatone (which I can't stand) or a D-root stack that include Dandelion root, potassium, and B-6.  In fact, when I reached my leanest for the 2002 Junior Nationals where I saw striations in my glutes big time, I didn't do anything but simply drop my water.  This year we added in Potassium and Magnesium for the few days that I was dropping my water, but that was it.  You're looking at a solid 15 years of stubborn work.

Remember, I started off in powerlifting.  I trained with heavy weights for eight years before I ever began a competition diet.  I built quality, dense muscle before I ever began to eat into for the sole sake of traipsing and twirling around in a bikini.  I have done numerous different events:  powerlifting, bodybuilding, figure, obstacle courses.  And I always did what my trainers told me to do.  Now, at 33-years old, I know my body well enough to do my own workouts myself and to work with a nutritionist to guide me on my diet for shows.

I also use near perfect form; this comes from the powerlifting background.  I'm very intuned with my body.  I use a lot of mental visualization while I'm training.  I can see the various muscles in my mind and connect that mental stimulation with the activation point in the muscle fibers.  My shoulders lagged behind for the loggest time because I couldn't gain that mind-to-muscle activation until a year or so ago.

I am strong.  At only 110 pounds, I squatted 250 with just knee wraps on...beyond parallel.  I've leg pressed 600 pounds for multiple reps and done it for weeks on end.  I can do reps of 3 with very heavy weight or reps of 50 to 100 with drop setting the weight.  I do all of my cardio that I'm told to do.  I don't let myself get out of hand in the off season.  I don't have a history of being overweight.  I eat my meals.  I don't cheat on my diet unless I'm told to.  When I was told three weeks out from USA's I couldn't have sugarless gum or Splenda...guess what?  No sugarless gum, no splenda.  I ate boiled chicken for breakfast.  I've eaten fish for breakfast.  I've done it all...except the drugs.

My idols were of those in the eighties and nineties.  I'm sorry...I don't have too many idols from today.  The shows are disappointing me more and more because the lines don't flow and the bodies aren't beautiful.  There are beautiful shoulder or beautiful abs or beautiful backs...but those are just entities.  It is now rare for them to culminate into one, exquisite package anymore.  It truly is disappointing.  Honestly...I didn't even know girls did steroids.  I had no clue about them when I began competing.  Until last year when one of my close friends told me even she did clen, I didn't know that almost everyone around me did it.

This is what a body can look like (and I'm nowhere near perfect; I know what my flaws are in my physique and can explain why...besides politics...I haven't turned pro in figure, though it wouldn't have been a farfetched idea for it to have happened this year).  This is what a body can do with patience, consistency, hard work, obstinance, and the right nutrition and training...and without drugs.  This is what it looks like.  It's just so rare that y'all don't want to believe it. 

Start believing.
Jodi

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2005, 09:49:18 AM »

This was taken two weeks ago, and November and December are usually my heaviest months of the year.  I'm sitting at around 116 to 120 lbs. on a regular basis this off season, and I weighed 108 lbs. on stage in Vegas at the USA's...all at 4'11".

I'm not looking to put too much more muscle on.  I want my quads a little more conditioned for next year, my hamstrings a little more curvaceous, my glutes even rounder and harder.  My calves pretty much suck, so I need to work on those.  I want a bit more size on my shoulders, notably front and side delts.  My back needs a tad bit of width and thickness.  I need to get the blocks of my abs to show up a bit better on stage, though I have a concave curve to my stomach and a bit of that lower abdominal muscle leftover from powerlifting (a powerlifter's belly), so I'm wanting to work on that.  And I want to try whittle my waist down from the 22-inch range that it was for this year's shows to a 21-inch range...just for the heck of it.

Jodi

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
Of course, Cory Everson goes without saying, and I realize that she probably wasn't drug free, but at the time that I first began to idolize her, I didn't know that.

Mia Finnegan comes to mind.

There are others, but I've got some turkey to eat, so I'll have to come back to this another time.
Jodi

breakingthrough

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2005, 12:04:29 PM »
Jodi, I am a believer! You are AWESOME. Keep up the hardwork.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2005, 12:04:44 PM »
Thanks again Jodi, for the "heads-up" on another very rare, competitive, ALL-NATURAL, FBBer: MARY ELIZABETH LADO! 

Mary is a Figure/Fitness competitor (she even has qualified for IFBB Pro. Figure)!

Truly, all-natural FBBers like Mary are "giant slayers" on such a very UNEVEN playing field...against the druggies and the "artifical/plastic" augmented/enhanced competitive Figure/Fitness (not to even mention FBB!) gals...

Stats:
Height 5'7"
Weight 134
Measurements 36-28-36
Size 4
Hair Light Brown
Eyes Brown

Brief autobio:
I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana on September 16,1978 and raised in Metairie, Louisiana. I have two brothers, Jose 21 and Carlos 19. If you wonder, “Why such Spanish names?” My mother Marianela is from Cuba and my father Jose Ramon is from Spain.

Since the age of nine I began to play sports such as volleyball, basketball, track, soccer, and softball. Growing up I couldn’t help but to be a tomboy with my two brothers . In my middle school years and up through high school I won many district titles. Once graduating from high school I earned an athletic scholarship to Chipola Junior College to play fast pitch softball for two years. As a pitcher, I was nicknamed “Scary Mary” due to the fact that you would never know where the pitch was going to end up. Academically I earned an associate of arts in physical education and Who’s Who Among American Junior Colleges.

I then moved on to receive an athletic scholarship in softball to finish my studies at Georgia Southwestern State University. When I completed my softball years I was then an assistant coach in softball to finish my bachelors in sociology. When my college days were over it was back to Louisiana. There I began to fool around with weights on a daily basis as a hobby or sport. I met a bodybuilder who asked me if I ever thought about competing. I never really new there was such a thing? I watched my first figure competition that summer in 2002 and decided I wanted to try it. I always admired the toned athletes.

I did my first show in New Orleans in 2003, where I placed 1st in the tall class. I then did the NPC Louisiana and got second, the NPC Greater Gulf States was my last local show where I placed 1st and overall. My final show that year was the NPC National Figure Championships. Let’s just say I took that as a learning experience.

My goal the following year was to be a professional figure competitor. I aimed for the NPC Junior Nationals and NPC National Figure Championships that year in 2004. I placed second at Junior Nationals and won 1st place in the tall class at NPC National Figure Championships and overall. Thanks to the support of my family My dream was now a reality.

I currently work at a 4 star hotel as an assistant manager when I am not competing. In the near future I would like to take up personal training.

Awards/Achievement:
Fitness Experience
·   2005 IFBB CALIFORNIA PRO FIGURE-OVERALL
·   2005 IFBB PITTSBURGH PRO FIGURE-OVERALL
·   2005 IFBB FIGURE INTERNATIONAL-THIRD PLACE
·   2004 NPC NATIONAL FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS-OVERALL (IFBB PROFESSIONAL QUALIFIER)
·   2004 NPC JUNIOR NATIONAL FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS-SECOND PLACE CLASS D
·   2003 NPC GREATER GULF STATES FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS-OVERALL
·   2003 NPC NEW ORLEANS FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS-FIRST PLACE TALL CLASS
·   2003 NPC LOUISIANA STATE FIGURE CHAMPIONSHIPS-SECOND PLACE TALL CLASS

Modeling/Print Experience
·   VYO-TECH, Contracted athlete to endorse & promote Vyo-Tech products through 3/06
·   NPC NEWS (COVER)
·   NPC NEWS ONLINE
·   FLEX MAGAZINE
·   IRONMAN MAGAZINE
·   ALLURINGFITNESS.COM
·   BIO-ENGINEERED SUPPLEMENTS & NUTRITION
·   MET-Rx

Pics:

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2005, 12:06:03 PM »
You look great, Jodi. A perfect combination of athleticism and feminity.

It's impossible to look at your "bootay" and not have impure thoughts.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2005, 12:23:06 PM »
Div, thanks for the great added pics. of Jodi!!

Jodi, thanks for taking the time to write the inspiring autobio. material on your struggles over the years to train, and progress, as strictly an ALL-NATURAL competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder!

Surely, gals like Jodi, Rhonda, and Lori (haven't heard from her for a while!) are LIVING PROOF to all aspiring, girls/women that with patient, dedicated, intelligent, hard work, and diet, ALONE, you can achieve literal miracles with your improved appearance/health/athletic-ability through progressive weight-training!

And, you can become as strong as hell in the process (look at Rhonda and Jodi!) and still look 100% FEMININE!!!l

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2005, 01:41:22 PM »
Sounds like a great idea Richard...but most people (that dont know the difference) dont buy that Im drug-free. Would be fun to freak them out though! From the sounds of it, you have a great appreciation for all the hard work and patience it takes. Thank you.

Rhonda, like yourself, I have been doing it the slow, patient, hard, way...in my case, for over forty years!   

Yes, I’ve gotten a “true appreciation” of the all-natural FBBer, honestly, as I go back to the days of seeing the likes of Abbye Stockton, Regaine Robert, Beverly Jocher Elliott, and Vera Christiansen (sp.?) grace the pages of the old Strength & Health and Peary Rader Iron Man mags.  And, these weight-trained, truly inspirational, FBB pioneers-“voices in the wilderness”-were about as ALL-NATURAL as you could get (circa: 1950’s-1960’s)!

It really has become a “war” hasn’t it…and has been so for many years?   The impatient side of  “I want a super body/size/strength overnight at ALL COSTS”…including dangerous drugs and surgeries…versus the side of the “slow, patient, healthy, all-natural approach” to reaching the same goals. 

Yes, there are millions (I am sure) of women who weight-train, naturally, at health clubs/gyms, and at home, around the world, with only mere handful apparently ever competing.  Maybe, only magazines like Shape ever give women like these all-natural weight-training women any publicity?!

Sadly, I think just a relatively small number of these women train truly progressively…with heavier and heavier weights…because of the media-promoted fear/”brainwashing”/old-wives’-tale that “lifting heavy weights will make them look like a man”…therefore, they cheat themselves out of the great ancillary STRENGTH-BUILDING benefits of progressive weight-training by “lifting only little 5 lb. dumbbells”…i.e. just toning their muscles! 

What a tragedy…as the added physical strength these weight-training women could have built, through lifting progressively heavier-and-heavier weights (as so clearly exemplified by you and Jodi), could have been truly life-saving in case of a physical emergency! 

Brute strength (built through progressive weight-training) is every bit as important a physical attribute as stamina, speed, agility, etc.!!  Tragically, our society greatly down-plays the importance of women being physically strong, as well as possessing the other athletic attributes!  I wonder how many girls/women have lost their lives because of the lack of basic physical strength in times of a crisis??!

What I like about the Oprah and Montel shows are their willingness to take on new/unknown, controversial, subjects and air them…in your face!  As I recall, Montel has already had several programs in the past where he has given publicity/support to FBBers. 

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2005, 07:19:18 PM »
You look great, Jodi. A perfect combination of athleticism and feminity.

It's impossible to look at your "bootay" and not have impure thoughts.

^Concur......

Div, thanks for the great added pics. of Jodi!!

^Probably my favorite Jodi pic........

DIV

genex

• Getbig III
  • check out genex magazine on FTVideo.com!
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2005, 08:23:31 PM »
Jodi I love your offseason look there - very nice and something that could appeal quite easily to the more mainstream.

Great job!

gene

sarahdunlap

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2005, 08:54:58 PM »
this is me completely clean and natural after a show prep....  so its not like I totally natural, but when I am cleaned out, this is how I maintain.

testicles

« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2005, 09:04:37 PM »
You're quite open and honest. Can you post your pre-contest aas regime?

she speaks out of it for 6 hrs a day ;)

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2005, 09:25:51 PM »
Okay, I've compiled a list, and I don't know who is/was natural and who isn't/wasn't, but you have to admit that the early days of these girls in the heyday of their competitive success is quite different from some of the looks being presented today.  I haven't caught everyone, but this is a nice start.  My box of magazines from my college days and days in the Galaxy is buried deep in the confines of my closet, and I'm not about to go dragging it out tonight.

* Alphie Newman (wow...what can words say?  She's part of the reason why I chose to go into the Galaxy.)
* Lisa Lowe (beautiful competitor who always got screwed in the placings when she competed on American soil.)
* Sharon Bruneau (my all time favorite)
* Michelle Bellini
* Marianna Komlos
* Debbie Kruck
* Chris Lyons
* Saryn Muldrow
* Mandy Blank (I was so sorry to see her step away from the competitive stage.)
* Theresa Hessler
* Karen Hulse
* Cathy LeFrancois (Priest...is that still a part of her name?)
* Mary Yockey (she and Mia Finnegan belong in the same category...two girls-next-door athletes with physiques that were attainable and yet totally top notch and neither of whom had implants.)
* Ericca Kern
* Anja Langer

And again...

* Cory Everson
* Mia Finnegan

Oh...and there was a poster of Diana Dennis in an old powerlifting gym I used to workout at.  I would stare at that and say, "one day...one day."  It was in that same gym, with dust and dirt and wood floors and no air conditioning greeting me along with the old iron weights and the creaking machines and the smell of chalk and sweat in the air (a true gym...not like the crap hoity toity gym I'm at now), that my trainer sat me down and said, "Once you cross the line, Jodi, you can never go back."  I didn't know at the time he was talking about steroids and women; I thought it had to do with crossing the line in terms of how much muscle mass a woman puts on.  But those words resonated in my ears year after year after year.

I know he would be proud of me.  I thanked him several years ago for enabling me to move out of the powerlifting realm and into the fitness world, and he told me thanks in return, for "some people forget who brought them to the dance in the first place."  I know he would be proud.  Thank you, Dennis.
Jodi

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2005, 09:38:23 PM »
It was in that same gym, with dust and dirt and wood floors and no air conditioning greeting me along with the old iron weights and the creaking machines and the smell of chalk and sweat in the air (a true gym...not like the crap hoity toity gym I'm at now), that my trainer sat me down and said, "Once you cross the line, Jodi, you can never go back."  I didn't know at the time he was talking about steroids and women; I thought it had to do with crossing the line in terms of how much muscle mass a woman puts on.  But those words resonated in my ears year after year after year.

^That reads like a passage out of a book.......

I can imagine all that, good imagery.

It's good you haven't joined the "Dark Side", Jodi......

DIV

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »
I was very lucky in meeting that trainer.  In fact, I've been lucky period, for I didn't begin having to pay for the services of a trainer until I chose to work with Mike Davies for three of the four shows I did in 2003 (my fifth place finish at the Figure Nationals was with the aid of my ex husband coupled with my own decisions, though that wasn't made public until the 2004 competitive season when a head judge asked me directly after a show who was training me).

My mother worked in the same building and right down the hall from Dennis, and she happened to mention something one day about having a daughter who did powerlifting and was looking for someone to help guide her, and he was very big in the powerlifting world in the 70's and offered to meet with me and provide me with some of the tips I needed.  He didn't think I was serious enough until he watched me one evening after a full day of teaching.  I was busy gabbing with several of the men in the gym, just joking and chatting it up with them.  It came time for me to step up to the deadlifting platform, and 240 pounds lay there...waiting for me.  I put my belt on, took a deep breath, and this look of intensity and fire washed over my face.  I walked up to that bar, situated myself, and lifted it without a struggle.  He changed his mind about me that evening and never doubted me again.  From that point, he did everything to challenge me and throw every single torturous workout my way simply because he knew I would do everything I was told, even if sometimes it was to spite him and to prove to him I could do it all.  He had never met a girl like me.  Most people haven't.

I did only one more show under his tutelage before he managed to convince me to change up my diet and do some true cardio (i.e., running).  I began to see my body take shape in a way I had never noticed.   My body took to the weights very readily, especially my glutes, quads, and biceps, but I never saw cuts...just a lot of shape and a lot of dense, dense muscle.  Dennis was the first person to take sugar away from me and to teach me that a body can be shaped and sculpted like a piece of clay.  He made me choose:  have abs and a more feminine physique or continue powerlifting.  I quit powerlifting shortly thereafter.

He was also the one who told me the gym is like a mistress.  Ever taking of your soul.  You can never get enough; no matter how much iron you taste, it will never be enough.  You'll never reach satisfaction, so you have to come back for more...and more...and more.  And even when you're away, you'll wish you were in its arms.  It's an addiction.  It's a primal need.
Jodi

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2005, 10:11:51 PM »
Dennis was the first person to take sugar away from me and to teach me that a body can be shaped and sculpted like a piece of clay.  He made me choose:  have abs and a more feminine physique or continue powerlifting.  I quit powerlifting shortly thereafter.

That's a shame.......I would have loved to see what you looked like as a powerlifter.

Thick and full, I bet.

He was also the one who told me the gym is like a mistress.  Ever taking of your soul.  You can never get enough; no matter how much iron you taste, it will never be enough.  You'll never reach satisfaction, so you have to come back for more...and more...and more.  And even when you're away, you'll wish you were in its arms.  It's an addiction.  It's a primal need.

Primal.

Definitely.

DIV

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2005, 11:49:28 PM »
Got you agree w/ you about Nicolette Sheridan, Big Dicked Bob. I've always thought she was the most amazing looking woman.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
« Reply #224 on: November 25, 2005, 12:54:07 PM »
this is me completely clean and natural after a show prep....  so its not like I totally natural, but when I am cleaned out, this is how I maintain.

Uhhh....Sarah, did you click on this thread and post by mistake?

You're quite open and honest. Can you post your pre-contest aas regime?

Yes Sarah, sweetiepie, please post your pre-contest AAS/gear regime/stack, so that we can compare it with the pre-contest diets/"stacks" of ALL-NATURAL FBBers like Jodi and Rhonda!

Uhhh...Sarah...any implants or "plasticity"??!

What...TRUTH on drug-use in competitive pro. BB, finally ...is the world coming to an end??!