Author Topic: Tom Brady  (Read 5667 times)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Tom Brady
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 01:07:14 PM »
34 td's to 4 int's throwing to rookies and average wr's. Imo, his best year ever (2007 was crazy, but this  year is more impressive, because they completely changed their offensive direction and ran the ball a lot.) Infact, BJGE was the first pats rusher since Corey Dillon to go over 1000 yards.

When it's all is said and done, he will the best ever, imo. I feel both Manning and Brady will be 1a - 1b. Manning being 9/10 in the playoffs will hurt him.

The crazy part? He's been sacked 10 more times than Payton Manning, this year.
Eh, Montana's the best ever. Never lost a Superbowl game. ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 02:16:46 PM »

Montana has never thrown an interception in a superbowl game, either. If Brady's career ended today, Montana was still the better QB. After another few years, who knows?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 02:38:12 PM »
:o, either. If Brady's career ended today, Montana was still the better QB. After another few years, who knows?

i didnt know that.. thats amazing

body88

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 10:58:17 AM »

That's why I said "when it's all said and done" I think Brady will be the best ever.

If you compare Brady to Montana (year to year from when they both started), AT THIS POINT, Brady is the better player. Win wise, state wise, title wise. Of course, Montana is better overall, but Brady is still in his prime, and if he keeps going to way he's going, he will likely overtake Montana as the best ever (subjective anyways).

Montana is currently the best ever, imo.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:55 AM »
Brady has done more with less then Montana.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
Brady has done more with less then Montana.

You're joking, right?

Let's play that mediocre receiver angle some more. I can think of a couple dozen teams that would love to have mediocre receivers like Wes Welker. Fact of the matter is that the Patriots do not function well with all-star players. They are a team that works because of the role players. For proof of this, look at the failed Randy Moss experiment. Not one title while he was there. Not even going to get into the terrific defensive teams Brady's had the pleasure of having (something Manning has never had). Or a coach of Bill B's caliber.

He'll be top 3-5 when all is said and done. If Peyton wins one more SB then he passes Brady.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »
You're joking, right?

Let's play that mediocre receiver angle some more. I can think of a couple dozen teams that would love to have mediocre receivers like Wes Welker. Fact of the matter is that the Patriots do not function well with all-star players. They are a team that works because of the role players. For proof of this, look at the failed Randy Moss experiment. Not one title while he was there. Not even going to get into the terrific defensive teams Brady's had the pleasure of having (something Manning has never had). Or a coach of Bill B's caliber.

He'll be top 3-5 when all is said and done. If Peyton wins one more SB then he passes Brady.

Graig,Harper,Clark....and some guy named Rice.
...never mind you just answered me :D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
In addition to Montana never losing a Super Bowl and never throwing an INT in the Super Bowl, he took the Chiefs to the AFC Championship as an old man after being traded by the Niners. 

body88

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 12:59:45 PM »
You're joking, right?

Tell us, other than Randy Moss, who has Brady had that has been a hof level offensive weapon? There is no one. Wes Welker is a tremendous player, but acting like he is a number one hof caliber wr is foolish. He’s a slot wr, not a number one. The Moss experiment was a “failure”, if you consider 23 td’s in 07 and over 1000 yards every season thereafter “failed”. Not to mention, they gave up a fourth for him, got some of his best years out of him, and then got a third for him when he left. He’s been shit w/o Brady.

The defense argument is old and weak. Payton manning’s offensive advantages cancel that out. The Colts have just as many wins over the last ten years as the Patriots, and Manning's been to the playoffs 19 times (more than Brady) so your premise is flawed. There was no “advantage”. The advantage comes from Brady being 14/3 in the playoff and Manning being 9/10. Lastly, Mannings one title is largly because of his defense. If you remember, Manning played AWFUL during that sb run.

Lastly, if I read your comments about Moss correctly, you’re saying that he failed because he/the pats didn’t win a title. Brady has 3 titles to Manning’s one. By your logic, manning needs two more titles to surpass Brady.

Both are great QB’s and it will be 1a -1b when it’s all said and done.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
Tell us, other than Randy Moss, who has Brady had that has been a hof level offensive weapon? There is no one. Wes Welker is a tremendous player, but acting like he is a number one hof caliber wr is foolish. He’s a slot wr, not a number one. The Moss experiment was a “failure”, if you consider 23 td’s in 07 and over 1000 yards every season thereafter “failed”. Not to mention, they gave up a fourth for him, got some of his best years out of him, and then got a third for him when he left. He’s been shit w/o Brady.

The defense argument is old and weak. Payton manning’s offensive advantages cancel that out. The Colts have just as many wins over the last ten years as the Patriots, and they’ve been to the playoffs 19 times (more than the Pats) so your premise is flawed. There was no “advantage”. The advantage comes from Brady being 14/2 in the playoff and Manning being 9/10. Lastly, Mannings one title is because of his defense. If you remember, Manning played AWFUL during that sb run.

Lastly, if I read your comments about Moss correctly, you’re saying that he failed because he/the pats didn’t win a title. Brady has 3 titles to Manning’s one. By your logic, manning needs two more titles to surpass Brady.
Whatever.. 2 words BIG BEN...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 01:11:27 PM »
Whatever.. 2 words BIG BEN...

LOL, that pic so wrong......yet so right...... ;D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »
Ben will get 5

slaver

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 05:05:48 PM »
he is now #2 all time
only joe montana has any claim
standard brady play in current NFL etc applies but I do respect joe montana

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2011, 09:29:18 AM »
i think it was Marino Kelly or Elway that said they would throw for 5000 yards in todays nfl.. i beleive them. 1 the DBs cant breathe on WRS. and the Strategies are all about passing.. Remember running the ball was the norm and a team coming out flinging it all over the place was rare.. now there are about 5 teams that run the ball while the rest do a shit load of passing.. ill tell you how the game changed. 15 years ago you would never see a qb in shotgun empty on the 3 yardline..

Marino throw for more than just about everyone anyways and still couldn't win. And Kelly was good but in the end, he was not a winner. These two QB's in todays game still wouldn't be able to win because winners find a way to win and losers find a way to lose. Marino's arm was incredible but he was his own worst enemy. Its no surprise that he was rumored to be a major coke head for decades.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »
Jets are whipping Tom's ass !!! ;D

newmom

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 04:18:28 PM »

THIS

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Montana????

NAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 09:28:09 PM »

There's some conspiracy talk going on that Rex threw the 2nd game blow out against the Pats. And that in Rex's press conferances he was basically driving the point home to Bill B by saying things like its between Bill B. and me. The road to the super bowl goes through the Patriots. Could REX really be that smart? Is/was that the only way to make Bill B. study bogus film on a team that was playing sheep? And Bill didn't know it? Has a team ever laid down on purpose with the sole reason to give the other team really bad film. How does a defense so good(JETs) give up that many points to the Pats(game 2) without a deep threat? I personally don't buy any of this. But it is some info floating around in no mans land(interwebz)