Author Topic: Obama making good on his promise to destroy jobs and the coal industry.  (Read 6812 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
US axes permit for Arch's giant mountain coalmine [West Virginia: Obama's EPA]
Reuters ^ | January 13, 2011 | Timothy Gardner

________________________ ________________________ ____

The Obama administration revoked a permit on Thursday for Arch Coal Inc's (ACI.N) proposed Spruce 1 mountaintop coal mine in West Virginia, effectively shutting one of the biggest in the United States. "The proposed Spruce No. 1 Mine would use destructive and unsustainable mining practices that jeopardize the health of Appalachian communities and clean water on which they depend," said Peter Silvan, an assistant administrator for water, at the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA's final ruling under the Clean Water Act came after a scientific study, a public hearing, and a review of more than 50,000 public comments, the agency said. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers had approved a permit for the mine in 2007, but it had not been fully constructed.

Lawmakers from West Virginia said the EPA's move would hurt the state's economy. "Today's EPA decision is not just fundamentally wrong, it is an unprecedented act by the federal government that will cost our state and our nation even more jobs during the worst recession in this country's history," Senator Joe Manchin, a Democrat, said in a release. Senator Jay Rockefeller, also a Democrat, wrote a letter to President Barack Obama, that said: "as a nation we must not fall into the trap of forcing unnecessary choices between protecting the environment and having good paying jobs that support energy independence." St. Louis-based Arch said it would vigorously defend the permit in court. EPA's revocation of the permit blocks an additional $250 million in investment and 250 jobs, the company said. It was the latest move by the Obama administration to crack down on mountaintop mining, in which companies blast high peaks to uncover coal seams and often toss the resulting rubble into valleys....

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
The idiots in Kentucky voted for the Democrat who at first supported Obama doing this.....then "changed his mind" when he realized it was political suicide.  Can't belive the people there were suckered by that garbage.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This is our wonderful POFSPOTUS.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Ha ha ha ha - Can you really believe morons bought into this trash?   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I never saw this clip before.  Listen to this lying snake - heis admitting his goals is to drive up the cost of energy for every for everyone.

Great job obamabots.    ::)  ::)     

whork25

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
"The proposed Spruce No. 1 Mine would use destructive and unsustainable mining practices that jeopardize the health of Appalachian communities and clean water on which they depend," said Peter Silvan, an assistant administrator for water, at the Environmental Protection Agency. The EPA's final ruling under the Clean Water Act came after a scientific study, a public hearing, and a review of more than 50,000 public comments, the agency said.

Did you read this part?

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
What about clean coal technologies.?..I recall hearing so much about these from Obama during the campaign for president....

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yeah ok Blacken.   The EPA will say anything to justify its decisions.    So again, just admit you are ok with more people losing their jobs and livilhoods.   .      

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What about clean coal technologies.?..I recall hearing so much about these from Obama during the campaign for president....

It was bogus lies from obama to justify his job/economy/nation killing policies.     

225for70

• Getbig IV
  • Suckmymuscle is OneMoreRep's little bitch
It was bogus lies from obama to justify his job/economy/nation killing policies.     

I haven't heard anything about clean coal technologies since the election..It's just funny some of the promises Obama broke...The man is a serial liar.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama making good on his promise to destroy jobs and the coal industry.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:12 AM »
I haven't heard anything about clean coal technologies since the election..It's just funny some of the promises Obama broke...The man is a serial liar/JOB KILLER.

FIXED

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Obama making good on his promise to destroy jobs and the coal industry.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 06:24:59 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
where does he "promise to bankrupt the coal industry"

where does he "promise to destroy jobs"

::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

His entire agenda is a intened to collapse jobs.   

OzmO

• Getbig V

His entire agenda is a intened to collapse jobs.   

show me were he promises to destroy jobs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Capito said she will write a letter to EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson asking whether the agency took into account the economic impact of its regulations.

"Let me be clear, it’s decisions like the one made by AEP today that demonstrate the urgent need to rein in government agencies like the EPA, preventing them from overstepping their bounds and imposing regulations that not only cost us good American jobs, but hurt our economy," said Manchin, an outspoken critic of the EPA.

But EPA defended its regulations Thursday, noting that the agency has worked closely with industry to ensure that its regulations are “reasonable, common-sense and achievable.”

The agency also stressed that the regulations are essential for protecting public health.

“These reasonable steps taken under the Clean Air Act will reduce harmful air pollution, including mercury, arsenic and other toxic pollution, and as a result protect our families, particularly children,” EPA said in a statement.

In a statement outlining its plan to comply with EPA's regulations, AEP said it would need to retire 6,000 megawatts of coal-fired power generation in the coming years.

The company, one of the country’s largest electric utilities, estimated that it will cost between $6 billion and $8 billion in capital investments over the next decade to comply with the regulations in their current form.

The costs of complying with the regulations will result in an increase in electricity prices of 10 to 35 percent and cost 600 jobs, AEP said.

In total, AEP estimated it will have to close five coal-fired power plants by the end of 2014. Six additional plants would see major changes, including retiring some generating units, retrofitting equipment and switching to natural gas.

“We support regulations that achieve long-term environmental benefits while protecting customers, the economy and the reliability of the electric grid, but the cumulative impacts of the EPA’s current regulatory path have been vastly underestimated, particularly in Midwest states dependent on coal to fuel their economies,” AEP CEO Michael Morris said in a statement.

The company said its compliance plan could “change significantly” if EPA’s regulations are altered.

OzmO

• Getbig V
blah blah blah   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go!  Coal must go! 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

That was an idiotic 240esque response. See if you can put it together.

OzmO

• Getbig V
That was an idiotic 240esque response. See if you can put it together.

OK  George, maybe you can show me where "Obama promises to bankrupt the coal industry"

Sorry if i don't just fall for the obvious gay ass spin designed to breed anger based on an incorrect premise in that Obama  promised to bankrupt the coal industry.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
OK  George, maybe you can show me where "Obama promises to bankrupt the coal industry"

Sorry if i don't just fall for the obvious gay ass spin designed to breed anger based on an incorrect premise in that Obama never promised to bankrupt the coal industry. 

Ha ha ha.   Man you have become an Obama loon lately.  Watch the damn clip! 

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
don't argue with 3333, he doesn't admit when he's wrong and he resorts to name calling and posting photoshopped pictures

I think he's an isolated obsessive person with violent tendencies who has a distorted perception on reality, most likely paranoia.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
don't argue with 3333, he doesn't admit when he's wrong and he resorts to name calling and posting photoshopped pictures

I think he's an isolated obsessive person with violent tendencies who has a distorted perception on reality, most likely paranoia.
::)  ::)

Another fool who didn't even watch Obama in his own words. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
Ha ha ha.   Man you have become an Obama loon lately.  Watch the damn clip! 

Failure.

Watch the clip is all you got.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Failure.

Watch the clip is all you got.   ::)

The clips of Obama in his own words speak for themselves.