Author Topic: An interesting Hogan comment...  (Read 6831 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: An interesting Hogan comment...
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 12:32:19 PM »
Thanks fellas.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 12:50:13 PM »
Thanks fellas.  ;D
Show, your the official "analyst" of the situations posted.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 03:20:49 PM »
Flair is like the DeNiro of wrestling, at least the DeNiro of old.  Those in the "know" recognize his incredible ability.

Hogan is like Arnie......boat load of hit movies and cash, but not recognized for his "craft" like others.

Please, please tell me you did not just compare Hogan to Arnold.

Back on topic, sure he might get a pop like that one time.  It happens quite often.  Let him stick around a while and listen to the silence when he comes out. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 06:37:33 PM »
Please, please tell me you did not just compare Hogan to Arnold.

Back on topic, sure he might get a pop like that one time.  It happens quite often.  Let him stick around a while and listen to the silence when he comes out. 

Uh, I meant that his work in wrestling is comparable to Arnie's in movies......both made a shitload of money, but they are not considered masters of their craft by people within their fields.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 08:26:21 PM »
Uh, I meant that his work in wrestling is comparable to Arnie's in movies......both made a shitload of money, but they are not considered masters of their craft by people within their fields.

I know what you meant,  but it still hurt.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 08:22:14 AM »

Cena is over with the crowd they have.
Hogan would be over with a much bigger crowd that he would attract.
Yes - Hogan would easily outdraw Cena; even in his decrepitly geriatric state, but as a special attraction.
I don't think Hogan's superior drawing power would last as a member of the regular roster.

And, I'm not very "into" the character, but I also agree with you about Orton.

If Hogan could outdraw Cena, TNA would be on top of WWE. At some point, the new stars have to be born. Hogan can hardly WALK, much less wrestle these days.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 09:07:55 AM »
If Hogan could outdraw Cena, TNA would be on top of WWE. At some point, the new stars have to be born. Hogan can hardly WALK, much less wrestle these days.

That's why I added the qualifier, "as a special attraction."
In my post you quoted, I admitted that it's doubtful that Hogan's superior drawing power would last as a member of the regular roster, which is exactly what he is in TNA.

I've always maintained that Dixie should reserve her "north of 60 stars" for special occasions...and even then, know how to use them.
That means realizing that you can't put Hogan & Flair into a regular match and expect to recreate the "Monday Night Wars."
Remember the 1st episode of IMPACT! that aired live?
The Hogan/Flair match was painful.

Actually, I believe that having guys like Hogan & Flair around on a regular basis in any capacity diminishes their value.

Hogan needs to realize that, too.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 04:39:49 AM »

In my post you quoted, I admitted that it's doubtful that Hogan's superior drawing power would last as a member of the regular roster, which is exactly what he is in TNA.

I've always maintained that Dixie should reserve her "north of 60 stars" for special occasions...and even then, know how to use them.
That means realizing that you can't put Hogan & Flair into a regular match and expect to recreate the "Monday Night Wars."

Actually, I believe that having guys like Hogan & Flair around on a regular basis in any capacity diminishes their value.

Didn't Hogan just come off a second back surgury?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 04:43:06 AM »
Didn't Hogan just come off a second back surgury?

I believe you're correct.
That may be the one he talked about in interviews, in which he threw out his back picking up seashells with his (then) fiance.
Or, maybe this was the surgery after that.

Still, if used properly (and sparingly) Hogan could bring in money.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 05:54:13 AM »

I believe you're correct.
That may be the one he talked about in interviews, in which he threw out his back picking up seashells with his (then) fiance.
Or, maybe this was the surgery after that.

Still, if used properly (and sparingly) Hogan could bring in money.
Very easily. Same with Flair. TNA needs to use these guys sporiodically just like Vince McMahon did with Andre back in the mid to late  eighties and early nineties so they don't wear out their welcome so to speak.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 05:57:35 AM »
I've always wanted them to give Flair a shot at being a color analyst.  He could get over so many guys that way.  i mean, he is the greatest shit-talker of all-time, no question.  Wrestle only on occasion, if at all.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 06:12:57 AM »
I've always wanted them to give Flair a shot at being a color analyst.  He could get over so many guys that way.  i mean, he is the greatest shit-talker of all-time, no question.  Wrestle only on occasion, if at all.
And he's got a limosiene a mile long with 25 women sitting in it waiting for him to go "Whoa whoa!"  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
Very easily. Same with Flair. TNA needs to use these guys sporiodically just like Vince McMahon did with Andre back in the mid to late  eighties and early nineties so they don't wear out their welcome so to speak.

...and bodies, for that matter.
 :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 06:28:44 AM »
And he's got a limosiene a mile long with 25 women sitting in it waiting for him to go "Whoa whoa!"  ;D

Exactly.  Flair may not have the "look" anymore, which would be perfect to just hear him more.  Talking trash, throwing in old-school references, etc... would be gold imo.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 06:30:05 AM »

...and bodies, for that matter.
 :)
Absolutely  :) I wonder though just how bad Hogan's back is. Flair has been wrestling since the early seventies and he's had somewhat lady luck on his side when it comes to injuries. Never really had any that I could recall unless you wanna bring up the 1975 plane crash that put him out for a year but aside from that?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
Exactly.  Flair may not have the "look" anymore, which would be perfect to just hear him more.  Talking trash, throwing in old-school references, etc... would be gold imo.
"You give this 200 dollar shirt to Magnum TA and you tell him that I will absorb the costs of getting it fitted just right because I want him to be a class act when he gets in the ring with me." Lol  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »
"You give this 200 dollar shirt to Magnum TA and you tell him that I will absorb the costs of getting it fitted just right because I want him to be a class act when he gets in the ring with me." Lol  ;D

haha....he just had a million of them....new fans would get them for the first time and we vets would probably love them even more now......just a win/win.  "Lookin' as only i can look....whooooooo !!!!"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:02 AM »
haha....he just had a million of them....new fans would get them for the first time and we vets would probably love them even more now......just a win/win.  "Lookin' as only i can look....whooooooo !!!!"
I love the story he told on his dvd when he elaborated that in one promo he cut with the horsemen that after the show he was staying at the Marriot hotel accross the street in room 308 and sure enough, after the show all the women flooded the hotel and he had women coming and going from his suite. He said it cost him his first marriage when his wife found out. Lol..

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2011, 07:57:27 AM »
I love the story he told on his dvd when he elaborated that in one promo he cut with the horsemen that after the show he was staying at the Marriot hotel accross the street in room 308 and sure enough, after the show all the women flooded the hotel and he had women coming and going from his suite. He said it cost him his first marriage when his wife found out. Lol..

haha, i've heard that story.....i think that is one KEY thing that is missing in todays wrestling.....a real connection with the fans....I mean Flair and the Horseman LIVED their "gimmick" day and night.....so did Dusty, etc...  people just don't relate to the wrestlers on that level anymore.  Everybody is a "superstar"   ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »
haha, i've heard that story.....i think that is one KEY thing that is missing in todays wrestling.....a real connection with the fans....I mean Flair and the Horseman LIVED their "gimmick" day and night.....so did Dusty, etc...  people just don't relate to the wrestlers on that level anymore.  Everybody is a "superstar"   ::)

What do you mean?
Cena Tweets kayfabe on Twitter.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 08:10:15 AM »

What do you mean?
Cena Tweets kayfabe on Twitter.

i think I just threw-up in my mouth a little..... :-X

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »

WWE is doing that with the Undertaker. That's why he's still popular, after all these years. Wait another month or two. Just when things start getting too out of hand, with a certain heel, those lights will go out and......BONG!!!!!

At this point, it's simply about the streak, for the Deadman.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
Undertaker is also a broken down mess with years of injury and he's had a hip replacement and now shoulder surgery.