Author Topic: Where Did Bill Pearl Get His Protein?  (Read 14218 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Where Did Bill Pearl Get His Protein?
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
Good point

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »
The guy was huge, but a vegetarian.  Where did he get his protein (other than sperm)? 

They didn't have protein powder back in his day.

Rheo Blair.  Every bodybuilder was going to him in California.  His milk and egg formula expensive but from all accounts was the shit
A

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
Tim Bellenkamp was a veggie too IIRC.....he was a lump.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 06:05:11 PM »
when anything is ingested anally it absorbs faster, and better......pearl had a constant flow of "feeding tubes" to assist him known as gym members....

bench

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 06:17:30 PM »
Was/is Pearl really gay? I don't buy it, coz the dude was a hardass tough guy, and he even stood up to Arthur Jones, when Arthur pulled a gun on him. Now that's a true hardass tough guy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
Was/is Pearl really gay? I don't buy it, coz the dude was a hardass tough guy, and he even stood up to Arthur Jones, when Arthur pulled a gun on him. Now that's a true hardass tough guy.
Jones pulled a gun on Roger Callard,not Bill Pearl.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 06:36:27 PM »
Pearl wrote about this in his book "Beyond the Universe" he said something like Jones flashed his gun and the Pearl said something like "I will shove it up your ass"

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 06:37:48 PM »
there are stories of his gayness......

bench

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 07:00:46 PM »
What were the real dball doses like back then ? , it is Said Arnold measured his doses by the palm full as did sergio both men bigger than BP but I would assume it would of been the same for him ?

It's hard to get a real answer on this, but the bigger Track and Field guys averaged about close to 50mg of it a day, plus 500-750 mg of test  a week and a few assorted orals like anadrol(usually 50mg a day), etc.... that's what circa late 60's-70's dosing seems to have looked like. I'd venture to say most of the better bodybuilders were on similar. When you read some of the actual stacks run by strength athletes during that time, it's hard to get a read on the actual oral dosage, because it seemed like many practiced the "orals don't count" theory of stacking.

I also heard it was Callard that Jones pulled his gun on, for smoking weed with his son. But Jones seemed like the type that liked to pull his gun out a lot.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »
Off your mom's inner thigh...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2011, 07:22:32 PM »
Pearl wrote about this in his book "Beyond the Universe" he said something like Jones flashed his gun and the Pearl said something like "I will shove it up your ass"

No....most these children on here never even heard of him until they started coming on here and reading what the bullshitters made up.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »

Sounds like Mr. Pearl may have pulled a J.Peterman and bought some stories for his book from Kramar

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
Huge Aryan Senior Citizen

Actually, Bill's a great guy that happens to have quite a bit of American Indian in him.  He is also very heterosexual, more so than some that post here.  Currently resides near Medford, Oregon.  A genuinely great guy.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2011, 11:03:37 PM »
It's hard to get a real answer on this, but the bigger Track and Field guys averaged about close to 50mg of it a day, plus 500-750 mg of test  a week and a few assorted orals like anadrol(usually 50mg a day), etc.... that's what circa late 60's-70's dosing seems to have looked like. I'd venture to say most of the better bodybuilders were on similar. When you read some of the actual stacks run by strength athletes during that time, it's hard to get a read on the actual oral dosage, because it seemed like many practiced the "orals don't count" theory of stacking.

I also heard it was Callard that Jones pulled his gun on, for smoking weed with his son. But Jones seemed like the type that liked to pull his gun out a lot.

Ah interesting thanks :) , wernt to football shaped dballs dosed at 2mg also ?

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 01:13:39 AM »
daniel pearl

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 02:48:33 AM »
he's way more ripped than you've ever been

One man Rammstein.

GWAR

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:02 AM »
One man Rammstein.

i bet the coach is down for some Bück dich

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 03:42:15 AM »
Jones didn't just pull a gun on Callard for trying to hook his son up with drugs, he actually took that gun of his and pistol whipped Callard, fucked him up pretty bad.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
One man Rammstein.

We all live in Amerika

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2011, 02:24:16 PM »

Yes but possibly he was referring to his dick.

Hey Coach,  you said on a post a while ago that you got to wear a pair of Pearl's posing trunks after he gave you a loan of them. Didn't that feel a bit weird ?  Didn't that Moosejay guy also get to wear the famous trunks?
Just asking  ??? ???

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »
Ah interesting thanks :) , wernt to football shaped dballs dosed at 2mg also ?

Old Dianabol was 5 mg . Another thing that crossed my mind right now was that old story that "Xyz only took 5mg a day" that you'll repeated sometimes. Well that's partially true, Ziegler's recommended dose was 5mg a day, but Harold Connolly, who was a Track and Field record holder and a early user, mentioned that when he got on it in 1958 or 59, he and his contemporaries tried it for a month or two at dose and saw nothing. So they gradually bumped it up 5mg till they got to 20 mg a day that was where they felt they actually saw stunning changes(for their time).

DSM18

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
Hi guys!!!

i can never get over the striking similarity between the good Joe Weider and the infamous Albert Einstein.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 11:21:21 PM »
Yes but possibly he was referring to his dick.

Hey Coach,  you said on a post a while ago that you got to wear a pair of Pearl's posing trunks after he gave you a loan of them. Didn't that feel a bit weird ?  Didn't that Moosejay guy also get to wear the famous trunks?
Just asking  ??? ???

Well "Big Al" since it was my first contest and I had no idea where to get trunks from, Bill gave me trunks, the same ones he wore when he won the  71' Universe....8 years before he gave them to me. Yes, he was the one who helped me with my first posing routine..along with his wife Judy who also took them down (sewed them) so they would fit me and Ed Corney. Is it gay? hell no. Knowing Bill if anyone made that accusation in front of him he wouldn't hesitate beat your ass. Nice guy but don't piss him off or his brother Harry.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 11:34:50 PM »
Old Dianabol was 5 mg . Another thing that crossed my mind right now was that old story that "Xyz only took 5mg a day" that you'll repeated sometimes. Well that's partially true, Ziegler's recommended dose was 5mg a day, but Harold Connolly, who was a Track and Field record holder and a early user, mentioned that when he got on it in 1958 or 59, he and his contemporaries tried it for a month or two at dose and saw nothing. So they gradually bumped it up 5mg till they got to 20 mg a day that was where they felt they actually saw stunning changes(for their time).

Yes 20 mg is where I notice it also but if I try to go over 30mg then sides like painfull pumps from just walking up stairs , forearm pumps so cant hold the bar when training back etc just get to much.  :'(

I laugh at guys like Larry Scott saying they had a huge meeting to see if it was safe to bump the dose from 5mg to 10mg a day lol.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 11:36:56 PM »
Yes 20 mg is where I notice it also but if I try to go over 30mg then sides like painfull pumps from just walking up stairs , forearm pumps so cant hold the bar when training back etc just get to much.  :'(

I laugh at guys like Larry Scott saying they had a huge meeting to see if it was safe to bump the dose from 5mg to 10mg a day lol.
;D