Author Topic: Where Did Bill Pearl Get His Protein?  (Read 14211 times)

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
Re: Where Did Bill Pearl Get His Protein?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
Ah interesting thanks :) , wernt to football shaped dballs dosed at 2mg also ?

I think Anavar tabs from back in those days were football shaped
Thunderdome approved

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 03:05:41 AM »
Well "Big Al" since it was my first contest and I had no idea where to get trunks from, Bill gave me trunks, the same ones he wore when he won the  71' Universe....8 years before he gave them to me. Yes, he was the one who helped me with my first posing routine..along with his wife Judy who also took them down (sewed them) so they would fit me and Ed Corney. Is it gay? hell no. Knowing Bill if anyone made that accusation in front of him he wouldn't hesitate beat your ass. Nice guy but don't piss him off or his brother Harry.

joe, would you be so kind as to share your cycle back when you competed in those red speedo's pics ?

you looked great back then - and it would be interesting to hear what you took.
175lbs by 31st July

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 06:21:27 AM »
Well "Big Al" since it was my first contest and I had no idea where to get trunks from, Bill gave me trunks, the same ones he wore when he won the  71' Universe....8 years before he gave them to me. Yes, he was the one who helped me with my first posing routine..along with his wife Judy who also took them down (sewed them) so they would fit me and Ed Corney. Is it gay? hell no. Knowing Bill if anyone made that accusation in front of him he wouldn't hesitate beat your ass. Nice guy but don't piss him off or his brother Harry.

Ed Corney wore them too? Did these trunks get modified by Judy and used by all different guys then?

I never saw a pic of Harry but heard he was bigger than Bill. 

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2011, 06:26:04 AM »
joe, would you be so kind as to share your cycle back when you competed in those red speedo's pics ?

you looked great back then - and it would be interesting to hear what you took.

Pearl always played down his own steriod use. He is much bigger is pictures from the late 50's onwards compared to his natural status in the early 50's.
Coach, did Pearl give much advice on steriod taking activities?  Was it part of his training advice? In the 70's/80's  in Scotland the standard activity for size would be 25mg Dbol and a shot of decca every 2 weeks for a beginner.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2011, 08:13:56 AM »
The guy was huge, but a vegetarian.  Where did he get his protein (other than sperm)? 

They didn't have protein powder back in his day.

Yes, they did. Soy protein was avaiable, although from all accounts, it tasted terrible.

And, as others have mentioned, Rheo Blair made a milk-and-egg protein powder that bodybuilders back his Pearl's day used.

Pearl was a lacto/ovo vegetarian, not a vegan (someone who consume NO animal products whatsoever). It's not that hard to put on size on a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet.

Nowadays, it's really not that hard to do so on a vegan diet. There are more pure veggie proteins available, than there were then. And, more dietary information is handy, regarding how to combine veggies and grains to get complete proteins.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »
Said that Pearl's older brother was bigger and stronger than him. And that he did some serious prison time. Believe it was murder, years ago. This was when California joints had weight's and big brother was very impressive on doing benches. Any one confirm any of this? Reminds me that Sergio once said that his older  brother (back in Cuba..an Olympic lifter) was bigger and stronger than he was.

Yes, genetics is a wonderful thing. Guy's like Pearl could probably eat nothing but grains and veggie's and get huge. Lower protein or not, their bodies were primed naturally for muscle size & strength. A lot of my Polynesian brothers are like that. Eat garbage,smoke cigars, drink 40's all day, little sleep and get massive and powerful through one or two workouts a week.
F

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2011, 10:06:43 AM »
Ed Corney wore them too? Did these trunks get modified by Judy and used by all different guys then?

I never saw a pic of Harry but heard he was bigger than Bill. 

Bill also loaned a pair of trunks to a young Dave Draper.  Bill is all class. 

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
Yes 20 mg is where I notice it also but if I try to go over 30mg then sides like painfull pumps from just walking up stairs , forearm pumps so cant hold the bar when training back etc just get to much.  :'(

I laugh at guys like Larry Scott saying they had a huge meeting to see if it was safe to bump the dose from 5mg to 10mg a day lol.
Yes, but the great Romanian bodybuilder Sevastase claims to take over 100 mg a day. Isn't true if you want to get as awesome as him, you will require similar doses.

Dominator285

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Dominating the steel and making girls sqeal!
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2011, 10:11:38 AM »
Not long ago. I was reading somewhere where uncle fester was making fun of Mel Chancey wearing Jay's thong for good luck.

Not sure if it was made up or not.

Now that's funny!

Dom out!
The one and only.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2011, 11:46:12 AM »
The guy was huge, but a vegetarian.  Where did he get his protein (other than sperm)? 

They didn't have protein powder back in his day.
LENTILS.....
F

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
I believe Harry Pearl did a botched abortion, and the lady died. Supposedly.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »
What were the real dball doses like back then ? , it is Said Arnold measured his doses by the palm full as did sergio both men bigger than BP but I would assume it would of been the same for him ?

Freddy Ortiz did the same, apparently several handfuls throughout the day, they took it like it was dessicated liver tabs, it wasnt illegal, no stigma, and no-one was aware of potential health hazards