Author Topic: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF  (Read 10031 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF
« on: January 24, 2011, 09:59:55 AM »
How exactly is Lesnar supposed to 'coach' and 'teach' others how to fight, when he does not know how to fight himself?
I dont like twinks.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »
How exactly is Lesnar supposed to 'coach' and 'teach' others how to fight, when he does not know how to fight himself?

:'(

Youre right.  The guy knows nothing about wrestling at all.  Nothing.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 11:28:09 AM »

What doesn't Brock bring would be the better question? If Brock has nothing else, he is an exceptional athlete that has made tons of money in his career.  He has been successful in the NCAA, WWE, UFC and even a tryout in the NFL.  He made it to the UFC in his second pro-fight. Call it what you want, love him or hate him, he is an exceptional freak of nature. For this alone he is qualified.

Besides, what does anyone really learn on the TUF....It's a reality show with MMA fighters. Not a "learn how to fight" show.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:24:29 PM »
What doesn't Brock bring would be the better question?

Boxing skills, ground defense skills.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Boxing skills, ground defense skills.
i guess he is just going to teach shit talking, how to curl up in the fetus position, and how to run away when the punches start...

dude is a total can...

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 07:54:12 PM »
What doesn't Brock bring would be the better question? If Brock has nothing else, he is an exceptional athlete that has made tons of money in his career.  He has been successful in the NCAA, WWE, UFC and even a tryout in the NFL.  He made it to the UFC in his second pro-fight. Call it what you want, love him or hate him, he is an exceptional freak of nature. For this alone he is qualified.

Besides, what does anyone really learn on the TUF....It's a reality show with MMA fighters. Not a "learn how to fight" show.
had nothing to do with his fighting at all...he was a pure publicity stunt by the UFC to get more viewers...nothing more...

bench

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
had nothing to do with his fighting at all...he was a pure publicity stunt by the UFC to get more viewers...nothing more...

bench

Not saying Brock is the best ever, but somehow he ended up being ranked #1 for a period of time and is now ranked #2 in the HW division. Call it what you want...not bad for a "publicity stunt".

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
i guess he is just going to teach shit talking, how to curl up in the fetus position, and how to run away when the punches start...

dude is a total can...

bench

Total can is currently ranked #2 in the HW division. He must have something to teach wouldn't you say?  He came into the sport fighting the best top ranked guys in the world. Not to shabby if you ask me.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 07:19:22 AM »

Not sure if you realize this or not, but it's a reality TV show that has one objective: get ratings to sell advertising.  It's that simple.  Brock will bring the ratings.

That said, Brock himself will be able to offer world class wrestling coaching.  And, with wrestling being the foundation for most successful MMA fighters, this will be of great value to the contestants.  As for BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, etc., he will do what all the other prior coaches have done.  He'll bring a team of assistant coaches in.

Hope that helps...
w

w8m8

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:31:57 AM »
Not sure if you realize this or not, but it's a reality TV show that has one objective: get ratings to sell advertising.  It's that simple.  Brock will bring the ratings.

That said, Brock himself will be able to offer world class wrestling coaching.  And, with wrestling being the foundation for most successful MMA fighters, this will be of great value to the contestants.  As for BJJ, Muay Thai, boxing, etc., he will do what all the other prior coaches have done.  He'll bring a team of assistant coaches in.

Hope that helps...

it may help .. but it still sucks .. he should just go to have a chat with vince mcMahon and dress up as some character in the ring .. he's an ass .. they can call him  Jack 

Jack Brock .. who wears a cock .. tattooed on his sunken chest .. he may act all bad but it's really quite sad .. and he'll never be the best   :D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 08:13:14 AM »
it may help .. but it still sucks .. he should just go to have a chat with vince mcMahon and dress up as some character in the ring .. he's an ass .. they can call him  Jack 

Jack Brock .. who wears a cock .. tattooed on his sunken chest .. he may act all bad but it's really quite sad .. and he'll never be the best   :D

He already was the best and is currently ranked #2.

w8m8

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 08:33:35 AM »
He already was the best and is currently ranked #2.

"was" .. and won't be ever again

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 09:56:14 AM »
"was" .. and won't be ever again

Just pointing out your error...Quite possible that he won't ever be again, but then again, he has already accomplished the seemingly impossible.
People love to watch the guy. I personally used to hate him, but looking at the big picture, why all the hate? He has earned his draw-power, and admittedly, not just in the UFC. The guy has put in the time. Like it or not.  He could even be making as much or more money in the WWE, and most likely wouldn't get his ass beat as bad either...but he chose to fight.

w8m8

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
Just pointing out your error...Quite possible that he won't ever be again, but then again, he has already accomplished the seemingly impossible

it really wasn't an actual error .. I concede to the point he "was" given the title of the best  ... once .. emphasis on "given"  ;)

it's not really all that impossible .. luck has a way of occuring .. sometimes .. and too bad it's not always for the ones who "deserve" it

you edited your post as I was replying ... so let me say .. I don't "hate" .. I just think there's fighters who have paid dues and deserve the same amount of "hoopla" that the fat bastard got .. I don't like him .. his attitude sux and he's cocky and arrogant

he needs to take a page out of GSP's book and learn to be humble and genuine

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »
I think Lesnar has toned it down a bit actually.  I too used to hate the gym due to his arrogance, but somehow, it grew on me and he was entertaining to watch.  But i do think he was humbled by his beatdown by Carwin and then Cain. 

As for GSP.  He is a BORE to watch.  Period.  He doesn't finish fights and I think he style is dull.  He would get thrashed by Silva at catchweight.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »

damn you're hawt
w

w8m8

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 11:10:16 AM »
I think Lesnar has toned it down a bit actually.  I too used to hate the gym due to his arrogance, but somehow, it grew on me and he was entertaining to watch.  But i do think he was humbled by his beatdown by Carwin and then Cain. 

As for GSP.  He is a BORE to watch.  Period.  He doesn't finish fights and I think he style is dull.  He would get thrashed by Silva at catchweight.

we can all have a different opinion .. and it's good .. I adore GSP not only for his skills . but because he's a man of integrity and respect .. I do find his fights entertaining and not boring at all .. I like to watch his grace from move to hold and so quickly with such ease .. Brock may have eaten a bit of humble pie .. but he's still the same man .. and those types don't change

damn you're hawt

lol... thanks yem .. you're quite the handsome hunk of man if I may say so .. ;)

I envy your wife  :-*

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »
we can all have a different opinion .. and it's good .. I adore GSP not only for his skills . but because he's a man of integrity and respect .. I do find his fights entertaining and not boring at all .. I like to watch his grace from move to hold and so quickly with such ease .. Brock may have eaten a bit of humble pie .. but he's still the same man .. and those types don't change

lol... thanks yem .. you're quite the handsome hunk of man if I may say so .. ;)

I envy your wife  :-*

The thing with Brock is, when he fights, you KNOW it's going to be an exciting fight.  Outside of the Herring fight, which still was an exciting beatdown, all of his fights have had people on the edge of their seats. Brock fights, people watch. There IS a reason.

After GSP got caught greasing, I lost a TON of respect for him.  He also plays it too safe for me to call him the best ever, or anywhere near that level. IMO most people watch GSP fight to see him lose.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
with lesnar as a coach, I'll be pretty surprised if this isn't the best TUF season yet let alone the most watched.

w8m8

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
The thing with Brock is, when he fights, you KNOW it's going to be an exciting fight.  Outside of the Herring fight, which still was an exciting beatdown, all of his fights have had people on the edge of their seats. Brock fights, people watch. There IS a reason.

After GSP got caught greasing, I lost a TON of respect for him.  He also plays it too safe for me to call him the best ever, or anywhere near that level. IMO most people watch GSP fight to see him lose.

I disagree again .. He didn't grease .. BJ was a baby and looking for an excuse to rationalise his loss in his own head ... I agree people will watch Brocks fights .. but not because he can fight really well and has fairly matched opponents.. it's because he has the size/strength advantage over many opponents and people want to see the brutality and blood

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 01:44:14 PM »
I disagree again .. He didn't grease .. BJ was a baby and looking for an excuse to rationalise his loss in his own head ... I agree people will watch Brocks fights .. but not because he can fight really well and has fairly matched opponents.. it's because he has the size/strength advantage over many opponents and people want to see the brutality and blood

Let's be honest here W8M8...  you just like GSP bc of his tight shorts and physique. 

He is soo boring to watch.  C'mon!

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »

GSP DID grease...intentional or not, he did grease. There is a video as well

Take a look.

w8m8

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 03:04:22 PM »
Let's be honest here W8M8...  you just like GSP bc of his tight shorts and physique. 

He is soo boring to watch.  C'mon!

gimme a break .. he's got mad skills .. I'm so far from being that kind of female it's ridiculous .. I watch MMA to watch the fights

GSP DID grease...intentional or not, he did grease. There is a video as well

Take a look.

That gif would give an epileptic a seizure .. I still don't believe he greased

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 05:34:31 PM »
GSP is the man and IMO the best P4P fighter now and ever.  Goddam I hope we can see the Anderson/GSP fight this year!!
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 05:41:55 PM »
gsp is awesome