Author Topic: Flair having trouble with European tour.  (Read 7213 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Flair having trouble with European tour.
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
Here's what a source said about the Nature Boy...

The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note on. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

I wonder how true this is and why are Flair's credit cards declined? Makes one wonder.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Flair having trouble with European tour.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 04:45:00 AM »
Here's what a source said about the Nature Boy...

The whole thing was stupid but most of us feel more sorry for him than upset. If someone told you everyone is mad, that's a lie. But, there are some pissed because it makes the entire crew look like a**holes and we are certainly tired of his sh**. Flair's asked several of us for money when he's had his credit cards declined. When that happens, the bar tab comes and others get stuck paying for the very drinks he said were on the house in the first place. Everyone loves the "Nature Boy", but when the limousines and party lifestyle is based on bad credit and lies, it suddenly becomes more pathetic than anything else. There is nothing glamorous about a guy who has no concept of money management and then lies to try and get out of it. The fact he has no money should be a lesson every wrestler today should take note on. Don't let this happen to you. If you read the Gorgeous George book that came out and then take an honest look at Ric, you realize, wow, that book is pretty much predicting his future - and that's not a happy ending."

I wonder how true this is and why are Flair's credit cards declined? Makes one wonder.
Because he maxed them out just like he did in the eighties which he openly admitted on his dvd. NOT because he's "broke" like alot may suspect. His current net worth is 25 mill.

Here's the story from trouble in Europe:

As noted earlier today here on the website, an incident took place in Dublin, Ireland with Ric Flair following TNA’s house show event in the city where Flair was left behind by the TNA crew.

According to reports, Flair “demanded money in advance” from TNA tour manager Craig Jenkins as they were departing on a bus heading to the airport to take the crew to Berlin, Germany. When Jenkins denied this request by Flair, Flair refused to get on the bus and a decision was made to leave him behind. We are told members of the TNA crew supported this decision and were even mocking Flair for his sudden outburst using “signature promo lines” when he was left behind. Yes, there were actually TNA talents on the bus “WHOOO’ing” as they pulled away.

Some were calling into question Flair’s partying ways during the current tour, something he is notorious for and was doing once again this time around. It should be noted that Flair was not sent home by TNA, but simply left behind as a decision was made to move on without him and not hold up the entire crew who were waiting to travel.

Flair is still believed to be in Europe and could catch up with the group with remaining dates in Glasgow, Scotland on January 27, Manchester, England on January 28 and London, England on January 29.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 04:49:02 AM »
Sad to think about a bunch of nobodys and never will be's taunting Flair as the bus pulled away....  not saying he was right, but seems it could have been handled better.

As for Flair's "broke" nonsense..... 2 yrs ago, his son Reid bought around 12k of home equipment from our company....when it was time to pay for it, he just dialed his dads cell and handed it to the store manager who took the cc info.  Mgr said Reid was actually pretty cool, but VERY high strung.   Said Ric was very polite as he was the one who arranged the delivery, etc...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:18 AM »
Sad to think about a bunch of nobodys and never will be's taunting Flair as the bus pulled away....  not saying he was right, but seems it could have been handled better.

As for Flair's "broke" nonsense..... 2 yrs ago, his son Reid bought around 12k of home equipment from our company....when it was time to pay for it, he just dialed his dads cell and handed it to the store manager who took the cc info.  Mgr said Reid was actually pretty cool, but VERY high strung.   Said Ric was very polite as he was the one who arranged the delivery, etc...
Also, with the respect Flair has in the business and the years spanding over 4 decades of being in the business he is in the position to make any demand he chooses whether its money or a perk.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
Also, with the respect Flair has in the business and the years spanding over 4 decades of being in the business he is in the position to make any demand he chooses whether its money or a perk.

Thats my thoughts also.  Yet another reason modern wrestling sucks ass....many of the younger guys don't have respect for this rich tradition and history of it.  It's just a paycheck to many of them.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 11:25:24 AM »
Thats my thoughts also.  Yet another reason modern wrestling sucks ass....many of the younger guys don't have respect for this rich tradition and history of it.  It's just a paycheck to many of them.
That's why I get pissed off too. If a guy has been faithfull to the business for years and years and his been a top draw all his career then that person should be taken care of. Simple as that.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:38 AM »
I'm a big Flair fan but lets face it, the guy is in his sixties and acting like he's twenty again.  Has he not learned anything?  Flair should be mellowing out not trying to relive his "glory days" because not only does this make people mad, it tarnishes his image. Flair can act like this all he wants in a wrestling ring but outside he should be professional and a lockeroom role model.  Maxing out credit cards is not something a man in his sixties does.  It really makes him look bad, period!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 04:35:33 AM »
I'm a big Flair fan but lets face it, the guy is in his sixties and acting like he's twenty again.  Has he not learned anything?  Flair should be mellowing out not trying to relive his "glory days" because not only does this make people mad, it tarnishes his image. Flair can act like this all he wants in a wrestling ring but outside he should be professional and a lockeroom role model.  Maxing out credit cards is not something a man in his sixties does.  It really makes him look bad, period!
I agree on the bold comment above. He does need to grow up but even as he stated in his dvd, he simply doesn't care. He has that attitude of, "you only live once" and just lives each day like it was his last. The same can also be said for a lot of other atheletes who do the same thing.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 05:32:55 AM »
Flair worked damn hard for many years.
He's certainly entitled to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

But, when that enjoyment becomes a pain in the ass to everyone around him, it may be time to rethink what you're doing.
You can still live and enjoy your fortune without pissing people off.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 05:44:05 AM »
Flair worked damn hard for many years.
He's certainly entitled to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

But, when that enjoyment becomes a pain in the ass to everyone around him, it may be time to rethink what you're doing.
You can still live and enjoy your fortune without pissing people off.
IMO I think he deserves any perk / money that he asks for (within reason that is) as he has paid his dues of four decades of dedicating his life to the business. But his partying / childish ways are somewhat out of control. While with the WWE, he got so hammered on the plane ride back from Europe that he whipped out his cock and started walking around the plane talking to the stewardess with his cock hanging out of his pants. That's a little much as it reflects on the company.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 05:56:09 AM »
IMO I think he deserves any perk / money that he asks for (within reason that is) as he has paid his dues of four decades of dedicating his life to the business. But his partying / childish ways are somewhat out of control. While with the WWE, he got so hammered on the plane ride back from Europe that he whipped out his cock and started walking around the plane talking to the stewardess with his cock hanging out of his pants. That's a little much as it reflects on the company.

I agree with you.  Asking for upfront money doesn't seem like that big of a deal, as long as it wasn't a weekly occurence, etc...  but at some age "acting cool/funny/crazy" just becomes acting like a pervert.  Hang out, drink, chase women, but no reason to not conduct yourself with a little more dignity than that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »
I agree with you.  Asking for upfront money doesn't seem like that big of a deal, as long as it wasn't a weekly occurence, etc...  but at some age "acting cool/funny/crazy" just becomes acting like a pervert.  Hang out, drink, chase women, but no reason to not conduct yourself with a little more dignity than that.
Ahhhhh.....I was waiting for my boy Show to chime in....

As long as you don't pull a Hellwig....asking for 500,000 upfront or you won't go out....can you imagine the look on Vinces face?  :D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »
Ahhhhh.....I was waiting for my boy Show to chime in....

As long as you don't pull a Hellwig....asking for 500,000 upfront or you won't go out....can you imagine the look on Vinces face?  :D

haha, I would have PAID to see VKM's reaction when UW put him on the spot......couple of 1st class assholes locking horns.... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »
haha, I would have PAID to see VKM's reaction when UW put him on the spot......couple of 1st class assholes locking horns.... ;D
Hellwig is a huge prick but no one can deny how he stuck it to Vince McMahon hard.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »
Hellwig is a huge prick but no one can deny how he stuck it to Vince McMahon hard.

Check your PM's, jabroni.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

Check your PM's, jabroni.
Did I win a slammy award?  8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »
The latest:

Ric Flair has arrived for the TNA house show in Glasgow, Scotland. When he arrived, he apologized to the locker room for the Dublin, Ireland incident.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
The latest:

Ric Flair has arrived for the TNA house show in Glasgow, Scotland. When he arrived, he apologized to the locker room for the Dublin, Ireland incident.

I wonder if any of those no-name faggs apologized to him for taunting him as they left?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
I wonder if any of those no-name faggs apologized to him for taunting him as they left?
They should have. An old story......its a respect issue.....

One tv taping of Raw, a newcomer was overheard making disparging remarks about Shawn Michaels. Chris Benoit over heard this and walked over to that individual. He told him to do 500 free squats because it was extremely disrespectful (even though Shawn was a prick) and he did every last one of them. Benoit, just to show that kid that he wasn't an "all talk" person, did every last free squat with the guy. Then he went out and wrestled. True story. Its all about respect for the business.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
They should have. An old story......its a respect issue.....

One tv taping of Raw, a newcomer was overheard making disparging remarks about Shawn Michaels. Chris Benoit over heard this and walked over to that individual. He told him to do 500 free squats because it was extremely disrespectful (even though Shawn was a prick) and he did every last one of them. Benoit, just to show that kid that he wasn't an "all talk" person, did every last free squat with the guy. Then he went out and wrestled. True story. Its all about respect for the business.

Great story and so true.  I hate the lack of respect for the history of any sport.....without the old guys doing it for damn near nothing and WAY better, none of these punks would have a career.  And that is in ALL sports.....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
The latest:

That's a true sign of class right there.
He was wrong and he admitted it.

And, yes - the others should have done the same.
Slick Ric wasn't the only one in the wrong there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 02:17:30 PM »
Great story and so true.  I hate the lack of respect for the history of any sport.....without the old guys doing it for damn near nothing and WAY better, none of these punks would have a career.  And that is in ALL sports.....
Right now the current pro wrestling shit talkers are:

Matt Hardy
Shane Helms
Ken Kennedy

They are constantly tweeting and litterally outing themselves.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »
Is Hardy still whining about Lita/Edge?

IMO, he terribly mismanaged that.
He could easily have outted those two as the scum they are had he played his cards better.

I know that he was quite understandably upset, but I think a lot of his retaliatory tactics have backfired on him and cost him some original supporters.
He could have shown how rotten they are by being a much better person by comparison.
Instead, he's preaching to the choir, and people generally do not like being preached to - even when they agree with the message.

It is possible to take things too far even when you're right.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2011, 02:30:34 PM »
Is Hardy still whining about Lita/Edge?

IMO, he terribly mismanaged that.
He could easily have outted those two as the scum they are had he played his cards better.

I know that he was quite understandably upset, but I think a lot of his retaliatory tactics have backfired on him and cost him some original supporters.
He could have shown how rotten they are by being a much better person by comparison.
Instead, he's preaching to the choir, and people generally do not like being preached to - even when they agree with the message.

It is possible to take things too far even when you're right.
No, Hardy is just doing stupid things like tweeting while high on drugs and shooting on everyone and their mother. He's being a suck because of his release from the WWE but he's making it sound like he asked for his release.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »
He's being a suck because of his release from the WWE but he's making it sound like he asked for his release.

"In vino veritas."

If that is true, imagine what's in the shit he's taking!!