Author Topic: Larry Scott was a genius  (Read 19326 times)

Formerly_Owner76

• Getbig III
  • Long Time Troll!
Re: Larry Scott was a genius
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 04:49:05 AM »
Rheo Blair had his "boys" all taking D-Bol back in the day.
Helped him sell that milk protein.
Nothing magic about it.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 04:59:27 AM »
Not so much

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 05:04:51 AM »
Speaking of isolating certain areas of the muscle ie lower biceps, inner chest, etc. Dr. Sqauat aka Fred Hatfield said that it isn't possible, and he was saying this back in the early 80s

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 05:09:51 AM »
I have been digging around. My back legs and shoulders are legit and grow very easily but as I have such wide clavicles I have a hard time getting my arms to look big enough and my chest lacks some depth. So, arms and chest I have been searching for. Will update. For now, TRY HIS TRI-SET ROUTINE. Fuck. I'm sitting here having just watched Wall Street and had a killer chest/arm workout earlier, my arms feel like they are glowing from the inside. Crazy feeling...The tri-sets are a fcking killer. I am very hopeful he has some great chest routines out there.

Funny enough you couldnt get much of a 'burn' in yoru biceps before, and now you do a few tri-sets and wonder why youre suddenly getting a burn in your biceps instead of forearms ??? Its called fukin lactic acid, some people are so dumb ::) And no it doesnt mean your arms are suddenly going to grow NOW that youve started feeling that...

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 05:35:02 AM »
I have to laugh at some of the guys who train in gyms. I have had nobodies who had almost no development take steroids and nothing much happened except they got acne. Most guys don't know how to train. Oh, up to a point they do but beyond that is a total mystery to them.

When people talk about genetics they are usually taking shit. Larry Scott was a narrow shouldered little guy when he started lifting weights. He devised training methods that took him beyond where most had gone before him. Larry knows more about training the muscles than anyone here on Getbig including Van Bilderass.

Care to explain to everyone what his skeletal structure has to do with his muscle insertions? You really don't know what you are talking about.
Trans Milkshake.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 06:44:51 AM »
Vince, are you nuts?

Larry is a business man selling his idea.
The idea that a certain training style made him Mr. oOo.
After watching his DVD - "A life..." for 3 to 4 times and giving all his ideas, which are ideas only, a try - I can say: "Larry - off you fuck."
Nice person, stellar physique but isolating the body like an anatomy chart is, in a way, retarded.
Pump up your arms with Larry's training ideas - but do so every 3 hours to see results.

bodyofsteel

• Getbig III
  • Outed!
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »

Care to explain to everyone what his skeletal structure has to do with his muscle insertions? You really don't know what you are talking about.
You must be new here. ;D

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 08:37:37 AM »

haha look at the pic i found guys. pretty weird haha.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
Funny enough you couldnt get much of a 'burn' in yoru biceps before, and now you do a few tri-sets and wonder why youre suddenly getting a burn in your biceps instead of forearms ??? Its called fukin lactic acid, some people are so dumb ::) And no it doesnt mean your arms are suddenly going to grow NOW that youve started feeling that...

Because I haven't done a thousand tri-sets before in my lifetime and know that this combo is a bit more effective than other routines...You know not what you speak of.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 09:03:38 AM »
The KEY methyl, is to be able to train with greater and greater training loads, if you do that you WILL get bigger muscles GUAREEN-GODDAMN-TEED 8) So you gotta find which training method will enable you to PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD your muscles, and when you've found a method that accomplishes this then you will be rewarded with larger muscles

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 10:38:47 AM »
The KEY methyl, is to be able to train with greater and greater training loads, if you do that you WILL get bigger muscles GUAREEN-GODDAMN-TEED 8) So you gotta find which training method will enable you to PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOAD your muscles, and when you've found a method that accomplishes this then you will be rewarded with larger muscles

You are missing the part where I said my forearms tend to take over on biceps movements...Not a whole lot of anything is going to make a muscle grow if you cannot stress it properly..

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
I have to laugh at some of the guys who train in gyms. I have had nobodies who had almost no development take steroids and nothing much happened except they got acne. Most guys don't know how to train. 

Look, fellas, there are a lot of variables regarding training. Two people can train together and do exactly the same workouts but get different results. How can that be? It happens.

It's the same with drugs, Vince. Not everyone responds well.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
alright then, you can have Larry train me with all his 'knowledge', hell ill even pop dbols and i guaren-fuckin-tee you my biceps wont even be CLOSE to his.

most semi-intelligent people who get into this 'hobby' realize pretty quickly that there is no 'secret exercise of the pros'...you are born with certain genetics for muscle shape and size, and no amount of 'hard work' is going to change that.

Exceptional statement!

"1"

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 11:07:11 AM »
A true legend

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »

Many times in my experience I got stronger with no muscle gains and at other times I got gains without getting stronger.

I think you're confusing progressive overload with just adding more weight, its not the case.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 11:13:17 AM »
Many times in my experience I got stronger with no muscle gains and at other times I got gains without getting stronger.

Exactly .

DJ is confused

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 12:59:47 PM »
Could it be that your strength gains precluded your size gains? In other words, you got stronger for a while but didn't get much bigger, and then viola your size gains caught up with your strength gains. But, if there was a good amount of time btw the 2, say at least 6 months or so, then yeah I am confused. When I say stronger, I mean with the same exercise with the same form for a certain TUL, not some 1 rep max.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
Dianabol was a helluva drug.

Bam . . . an og-Dianabol OG!!!

THE BEEF

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 08:34:45 PM »
Larry Scott took dope? I don't know if I would classify steroids as dope.. Dope sounds like heroin or weed or something like that. Plus you have to admit..for the relatively small dose of dianabol people have claimed he was on, he looked pretty good. Most of the "bros" on this site  with their 750 mg tren, 1000 mg test, 100 mg anadrol a day, 10 iu's Gh. Insulin, Igf1/t-3 , etc stacks can't beat a 30mg of dbol a day Scott from 1966. Give him some credit.

I wouldn't classify drugs as "gear" either, but that is the term some use for it.  Dope, drugs, gear...A chemical "enhancement" by any other name is still a cheating.  Look at "before" photographs of a young Larry and you'll see that I'm right.  Sans the drugs, he's generally no better than anyone else that trains.  Used to hear stories about certain '60s era bodybuilders that were practically passing out in the streets from too much d-bol or worse.

Yup, I'm that old.  ;) And yes I'll give him credit for what he built, but he built it with a lot of help.  That pretty much debits his account back to "regular guy" status.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »
Cliffs?

Lord of the Roidz

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
I wouldn't classify drugs as "gear" either, but that is the term some use for it.  Dope, drugs, gear...A chemical "enhancement" by any other name is still a cheating.  Look at "before" photographs of a young Larry and you'll see that I'm right.  Sans the drugs, he's generally no better than anyone else that trains.  Used to hear stories about certain '60s era bodybuilders that were practically passing out in the streets from too much d-bol or worse.

Yup, I'm that old.  ;) And yes I'll give him credit for what he built, but he built it with a lot of help.  That pretty much debits his account back to "regular guy" status.
I agree to some extent, that Larry Scott would have been pretty ordinary looking without drugs. I do give him credit for having pics looking good in his 40's, 50's and..60's. And though he isn't very big now in his 70's he still looks good for his age and appears to be healthy. I don't think he's been a big abuser. I doubt a lot of today's guys will look good in their 60's or even make it to 70.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 08:59:53 AM »
Larry knows his training, and certainly excelled in bbing, still looks great

but he's full of shit when it comes to denying aas use, or minimal use

all of a sudden when it became taboo, they all started singing the same song, meanwhile he was the dbol poster boy

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 09:04:27 AM »
bullshit.

good bicep genes and drugs built those arms...he could have done 3 sets of any curling movement once a week and still would have had great biceps.

ive tried ALL this exercise shit for my bis but the fact is mine insert at least an inch above my elbow, even pumped they look mediocre. lots of guys have low bicep inserts, they do not even have to workout to have some bicep sweep; if your inserts are really high, no amount of 'technique' or 'secret exercise of the pros' is going to give you good biceps.

Haha EXACTLY!  Some of these fucking old timers still believe their own bullshit.  Larry's drug use and mostly his genetics are what gave him great arms.  Genetics is what catapults you to the top of the bodybuilding scene and it's the drugs that keep you there.