Author Topic: Henry Cavill will play new Superman  (Read 14310 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: Henry Cavill will play new Superman
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
Batman has no super powers, just fancy equipment and a suit, nice cars, a cool ass (according to adonis, ghey)bat cave but is still able to have such a great influence across the DCU is what makes him special. Add to the fact that Batman took one of the greatest tragedies any man or woman could endure and used that darkness to convey hope instead of drowning his pain on drugs or canceling it out on suicide or genocide proves that a knight's greatest strength is from within.

agreed!  as far as superman...i'm talking Hulk vs Abomination when they were fighting to the death on the top of the buidling at the end.  That's where superman needs to go.  It's about power if he fights DS or DD.  i have interest in seeing lex again.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 04:00:26 PM »
Never say never bro, they said the sme about Jack Nicholson being the greatest Joker ever and nobody would come close and Heath Ledger was way better

Yes, I agree with Heath Ledger being the better Joker than Jack Nicholson (we may be in the minority here) but I think that's the exception and not the rule.

I actually didn't have a problem with Brandon Routh playing Superman - he looked a bit like Christopher Reeve but could have done with being a bit heavier. But this guy Henry Cavill looks like a joke - but I hope he proves me wrong.

MrUniverse

• Getbig III
  • Get bigger than the average Joe!!!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 04:34:03 PM »
So Superman's flying over Metropolis, doing patrol, when he spots (X ray vision) Wonder Woman stark naked and spread eagled, lying on her back and looking all horny, in her bed. Supes thinks to himself, "Hmmm, I could zip in and out of there and have a quickie at super speed. She wouldn't even see me", and proceeds to do it, before flying away at top speed.

A second later, Wonder Woman says, "What the fvck was that?" and Invisible man, who's on top of her says, "Don't know, but my ass is sore as HELL."
Hahahaha!!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
Yes, I agree with Heath Ledger being the better Joker than Jack Nicholson (we may be in the minority here) but I think that's the exception and not the rule.

I actually didn't have a problem with Brandon Routh playing Superman - he looked a bit like Christopher Reeve but could have done with being a bit heavier. But this guy Henry Cavill looks like a joke - but I hope he proves me wrong.

The people who say Jack Nicholson was the better joker are the ones who like Tim Burton's movies over Nolan's, even though Nolan's movies are far superior. Tim Burton's Batman universe was cool back in the 80s, but is dated now and looks lame, like nearly all movies from the 70s and 80s.

I think the reason they dropped Routh is because Superman Returns didn't do as well as expected, even though he did a decent job.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:25 PM »
The people who say Jack Nicholson was the better joker are the ones who like Tim Burton's movies over Nolan's, even though Nolan's movies are far superior. Tim Burton's Batman universe was cool back in the 80s, but is dated now and looks lame, like nearly all movies from the 70s and 80s.

I think the reason they dropped Routh is because Superman Returns didn't do as well as expected, even though he did a decent job.

I've seen Dark Knight too many times lately, and each time I am more impressed with Leger's Joker.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 05:39:39 PM »
I've seen Dark Knight too many times lately, and each time I am more impressed with Leger's Joker.

You and me both.

What do you think of Cavill?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
You and me both.

What do you think of Cavill?

Bay Likee?  :P

Unlike you, I'm firmly in the ant-Routhe catagory. I'm ready for a more classic comic book style superman. Routhe seemed like a Reeves clone.

BTW, anyone whos into comics should check out All Star Superman graphic novel. Best Supes story I've ever read.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »
Bay Likee?  :P

Unlike you, I'm firmly in the ant-Routhe catagory. I'm ready for a more classic comic book style superman. Routhe seemed like a Reeves clone.

BTW, anyone whos into comics should check out All Star Superman graphic novel. Best Supes story I've ever read.

Yes, Routh seemed to play Superman as close to Reeves as possible, but I still liked it. Never really got into the comics that much, so I can't really compare.

I will check out the All Star novel.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 09:22:17 PM »
Yes, Routh seemed to play Superman as close to Reeves as possible, but I still liked it. Never really got into the comics that much, so I can't really compare.

I will check out the All Star novel.

Routh was fine, the movie not so much.  Reeve was  excellent.  This new guy?  Who knows and worse still, who cares?  I agree with some of the comments regarding special effects.  Superman is beyond everything else and needs to be for Truth, Justice and the American way.    He needs a villain to challenge him, but he also needs to crush said villain.  Why?  Because he is Superman. 

Batman?  The original MAN.  Some say he has zip for "powers" but they forget one thing:  He has willpower.  When all is said and done, Superman and others like him may be just comic book heroes in make believe worlds, but what makes them who they are is that they are a big part of a lot of peoples childhood.  And you shouldn't mess with anyones childhood.   Make believe is where kids live before they log on to the Matrix of adulthood.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 10:08:37 PM »

Batman?  The original MAN.  Some say he has zip for "powers" but they forget one thing:  He has willpower.  When all is said and done, Superman and others like him may be just comic book heroes in make believe worlds, but what makes them who they are is that they are a big part of a lot of peoples childhood.  And you shouldn't mess with anyones childhood.   Make believe is where kids live before they log on to the Matrix of adulthood.

your mom and others like him may be just comic book heroes in make believe worlds

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2011, 11:36:17 PM »
http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/02/17/superman-henry-cavill-interview-ew-cover/

For fans of superhero movies, the next two years could bring the biggest and broadest array of films the genre has ever produced — and hopefully the very best, as well. Call it The Spandex Singularity — an unprecedented concentration of super-star superhero properties, resulting from the intensifying geek takeover of pop culture. This year gives Fox’s X-Men: First Class, a reboot (in prequel form) of the franchise that helped launch the modern era of superhero cinema back in 2000. Then come three new properties that will try to expand the category’s horizons: Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger, both from Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures, and Warner Bros.’ Green Lantern starring Ryan Reynolds. Next year: The heavyweights. The Wolverine. The Amazing Spider-Man. The Avengers. The Dark Knight Rises. And then, capping the year, an as-yet-untitled movie that will try to restore the king of all the superheroes to his pop glory: Superman.

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly previews the onslaught of box office super-friends about to descend upon us — and it also brings you the first interview with British actor Henry Cavill (The Tudors) since director Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) and producer Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight) tapped him to become Hollywood’s newest Man of Steel. Among the topics of discussion: Cavill’s audition, which included shooting a screen test wearing a replica of Christopher Reeve’s once impressive, now dated Superman suit. “If you can put on that suit and pull it off,” says Snyder, ‘that’s an awesome achievement.” Cavill was feeling less than super in the moment, at least about his ability to fill out the costume: He had just finished shooting a film with Bruce Willis called The Cold Light Of Day, and the part required to him to shed the impressive abs of steel and muscle tone he had put on for the movie he made right before that, the forthcoming mythic fantasy Immortals. As an assistant helped to him put on the Super-suit, Cavill recalls: “All I could think was: Oh, god. They’re going to look at me and go ‘He’s not Superman. Not a chance.’ The actor inside me was going: You’re not ready! You’re not ready!” Snyder saw something — or rather someone — different. “He walked out, and no one laughed,” says the director. “Other actors put that suit on, and it’s a joke, even if they’re great actors. Henry put it on, and he exuded this kind of crazy-calm confidence that just made me go ‘Wow.’ Okay: This was Superman.’”

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2011, 11:47:18 PM »
im surprised they didt go black.

They tried it with Hancock, but he ended up getting drunk and turned into a thug who destroys public property ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 11:49:01 PM »
Thanks for the link, Gregzs. I suppose we should give him a chance

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 11:50:38 PM »
They tried it with Hancock, but he ended up getting drunk and being a thug who destroys public property ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

They should have come to getbig, everyone could have told them it would end like this with a black superman.  ;D ;D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the link, Gregzs. I suppose we should give him a chance

I have that Supes shirt...

Not to go off on a tagent, but I think that they should have made The Ultimates  cartoon novel, based on this:

Joe Mad has done excellent work and has been trying to break into the cartoon/game world...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

They should have come to getbig, everyone could have told them it would end like this with a black superman.  ;D ;D ;D

Yes, we are way ahead of the curve hahaha

Getbiggers would've also pointed out that Charlize Theron in the movie was a mudshark.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:34 PM »
Yes, we are way ahead of the curve hahaha

Getbiggers would've also pointed out that Charlize Theron in the movie was a mudshark.

Yes, that was a big disappointment...

They could've used Halle Berry instead.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
I have that Supes shirt...

Not to go off on a tagent, but I think that they should have made The Ultimates  cartoon novel, based on this:

Joe Mad has done excellent work and has been trying to break into the cartoon/game world...

When did that come out? And who is Wolverine fighting?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:23 AM »
Should have gone with Matt Bomer like they were going to before Routh

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 12:42:40 AM »
When did that come out? And who is Wolverine fighting?
2008-Hardcover...Wolverine is fighting Hawkeye, after Hawkeye calls Wolvie a "Mutie", this was after Wolverine had said "Didn't you used to have a wife and two kids..."

ZThey suppose to be on the same team...

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
so they get a Brit to play Superman? Great... Another iconic figure down demeaned by Hollywood. Leave it to Hollywood to re-write history.
Would you have prefered a Kryptonian?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2011, 04:28:06 PM »
Would you have prefered a Kryptonian?

x2, i can understand that an american playing James Bond would be a problem, but Superman isn't even human.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
Should have gone with Matt Bomer like they were going to before Routh

Looks like he could be Jennifer Connelly's (twin) brother

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 08:36:07 PM »
The new Lois Lane guest appeared in the first season of Smallville.

We got our Superman , and now we have our Lois Lane.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Amy Adams has been cast as Lois Lane, the reporter who steals the heart of Clark Kent in the Zack Snyder reboot of the Superman movie...
Snyder says in a statement: "Second only to Superman himself, the question of who will play Lois Lane is arguably what fans have been most curious about. So we are excited to announce the casting of Amy Adams, one of the most versatile and respected actresses in films today. Amy has the talent to capture all of the qualities we love about Lois: smart, tough, funny, warm, ambitious and, of course, beautiful."

Adams will play opposite Henry Cavill, 27 , who was cast as Clark Kent back in January. Kevin Costner and Diane Lane have been cast to play Mr. and Mrs. Kent, the adoptive parents of Superman. Adams, 36, is coming off an Academy Award nomination for her work in The Fighter alongside Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
Typical hollywood bullshit, never letting a story rest, fucking bunch of jackals..

btw. this would be the only semi-acceptable storyline for the movie, if they do another lex luthor story I think I'm going to kill somebody