Author Topic: BBing and fighting  (Read 16602 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
BBing and fighting
« on: August 18, 2005, 06:49:47 PM »
hey guys just because your bigger than average people, are others scared of you cuz your size cuz i've never faught and guys have said to me that they wouldn't even try. I ask why and they say look at you your huge! Being bigger does give me more confidence though but it doesnt mean i could knock a skinny guy out
bodybuildersreality.com

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
Re: BBing and fighting
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »
yea, obv the bigger you get the more confidence you have, and the less likely people will be to talk shito you

however, more than a few people have learned t ehard way being able to squat twice as much as someone else doesnt mean you will beat the same guy in a fight.  genearllly, the more fights you have been in th ebetter you are, and the less you have to lose the better youare for some stragne reason.

Valhalla awaits.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 06:55:18 PM »
and guys in clubs (fighters) will pick a fight with the biggest guy just to make his mark so the more you lift the more you gonna get fights thrown at you i guess
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 08:33:19 PM »
I heard from many people that Tank Abbott got his ass lit up a few times at the club he worked at.  And yes there are always some little man who wants to show off to his buddies that he picked on one of the big bouncers.  Too bad in my day that only led to the guy getting medical attention from the paramedics or at the least taken away by the cops.  Plus it was always good to have 2 or 3 guys working with you that you could trust to watch your back.  I defintiely had those.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 02:04:54 PM »
cool story
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 02:07:14 PM »
kinda like valintino's story about marky mark and the funky bunch in the limelight
bodybuildersreality.com

Bouldershoulders

• Getbig II
  • Invinsible!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2005, 06:57:34 PM »
hey guys just because your bigger than average people, are others scared of you cuz your size cuz i've never faught and guys have said to me that they wouldn't even try. I ask why and they say look at you your huge! Being bigger does give me more confidence though but it doesnt mean i could knock a skinny guy out

pffffffff u aint that big, i coud take u  ;)
Lift To The Sky

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
  • Carne Asada Fries=Carb Day
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 10:44:30 AM »
I'll tell you...

I am shorter,,5'10 but big in size.

I never get people my height saying anything,,but these 210 6'3 guys always have something to say.

It gets annoying having taller guys always stepping up as if fighting a guy 6 inches shorter will impress anyone.

D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2005, 12:51:14 PM »
you outta clock em one in the chin
bodybuildersreality.com

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 06:08:17 PM »
eat2grow can't do that

eat2grow proven himself to be a coward

at least to me personally

the boy likes to talk shit but he'll change the subject REAL quick when he's forced into a confrontation

VitaSwoll

• Getbig II
  • Can I work in with you?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2005, 06:39:05 PM »
I've gotten into a few bar fights in my hay day... Just cause I'm 5'3 I would catch alot of shit from drunks.  They felt stupid when I would over power them and pound them into the ground... I don't go to bars anymore because of that reason. 

Peace,

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2005, 06:47:19 PM »
I've gotten into a few bar fights in my hay day... Just cause I'm 5'3 I would catch alot of shit from drunks.  They felt stupid when I would over power them and pound them into the ground... I don't go to bars anymore because of that reason. 

Peace,
I love it when people underestimate the short guys!
bodybuildersreality.com

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2005, 09:54:31 PM »

Peace

can't agree more.  Down in PB (Geo knows where that is)  I always got kicked out of bars because I "looked angry", so being shorter I had to "push" through the crowd, and then get kicked out.   

Outside the bar, I would catch shit from the drunks that also were kicked out....  nothing like being shorter and sober and kicking the shit out of geo,,I mean the old drunk guys.

D

Eat2Grow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2005, 10:09:35 PM »
eat2grow can't do that

eat2grow proven himself to be a coward

at least to me personally

the boy likes to talk shit but he'll change the subject REAL quick when he's forced into a confrontation

BTW, I have never met you GEO,,so how have you ever confronted me?    I threatened to come over to the river an take your pict. to post,,,and you told me that your personall life is none of the board business.  So I took pity on your old ass and never took the pict.  Besides, your not worth  the $3 it would take to drive up there.
D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2005, 02:00:20 AM »
size plays a role. there's a reason most bouncers are big as well as their weightclasses in boxing etc.
Z

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2005, 10:06:33 AM »
the only thing becoming a bouncer does for you is make you head strong.....your the big tough guy whose there to fight if he has to so they walk around all the time thinking hey im a bouncer for a living...im paid to be big a prime example is Vin Diesel....that bouncer attitude is still with him and he always plays a tough guy in his movies and i'm sure he thinks hes big huge shit i read that he got into a fight in a club once and the guy knocked him out within 2 seconds because vin diesel was acting like he owned the world.
bodybuildersreality.com

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2005, 02:30:20 PM »
There are different classes of bouncers weither you call them security, crowd control, person redirectors, privite event staff or just plan Bubba. Just plan Bubba will work the beer bars (live band on the weekends joints) like around PB and other parts of San Diego beaches that I'm familar with.  Bubba will be very large but slow in wit and thinking ability. He will be strong as an ox and may use blunt force. Bubba may be black, white, Samoan or mexican. He will grab, grapple bum rush out the door any one he gets the OK from. Usually the bar manager. If Bubba needs a background check it will be forgotten or just made up for the ABC records. Bubba will make beer money and not much more. May even get to nail a few of the older women drunks at the end of the night.

The upper class bouncer (remember they are still bouncers for want of a better name or duty's) will usually be a former Israeli special forces agent (they call them agents) along with former British troopers with experience in Northern Ireland and portions of  Africa. These guy's speak more than one language which can be very helpful. Retired U.S. navy seals and special forces are also recuited. Intell now-a-days is more important that just physically removing a potentional trouble maker in a crowd/event. Upper class bounchers work mainly high cash flow event, auctions, ceo gatherings, etc. A steady worker can earn in the six figure yearly income. Highly bonded & insured. Higher class women (and some prime hookers) are usually attracted to these guy's. And one that I had know before married a very wealthy lady. Lives in Brentwood last I heard.

Then there are the mid-level bouncer who works at clubs, sporting events,concerts, new movie openings, etc. Club gigs are the most dangerous jobs. The bouncer may or may not get a voucher for emergency treatment in case of being cut, shot or hit with an object. These bouncers are hired for size, height and having a bad to the bone look/attitued. Will usually hold a background in boxing, fighting, etc. Most often ex jocks. A few have done joint time in front of or behind prison bars. Seems more brothers are being hired than ever before lately. A few Mexican & south sea islander's are being employed more also.  But a lot of white boys are still in the mix. They tend to be floor/pit boss. The most dangerious time for any of these bouncers is after 2 am sunday morning in any bar parking lot. You must leave after hours in pairs and have come in the same vechile for safty sake. Of course if any one hooks up with a hottie than their on their own.  They will usually be require to be bonded which in most cases doesn't mean too much but looks good on a legal contract.

BB'er make poor bouncers for the simple reason that they do not have the experience of handling a out of control drunk or some other hot head. You have to have the knowledge of handling two or more sometimes and try to talk them down at first. BB'ers for the most part do not have the holding or redirection skills of showing a trouble maker out the door. Bouncing is a lot like having football, wrestling or martial arts (not karate which has way to many flaws for it to be effect in a tight crowd) skill's of using leverage and weight/pressure against an unwilling person(s) who does not want to go in the direction you want him to. A bouncer does not want to throw a punch ever. Those 21" guns may look great in a mirror but actually using them in a possible real life fight is a far different thing.

A good bouncer is above all a thinking person who will prefer brain power over brawn but will still reley on his size, strength and look to establish his rule over any unexpected troublemaker. He will also workout heavy on a regular bases to still get stronger. I've worked out with quite a few of them. 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 02:33:05 PM »
thats interesting I'd like to see what some of the bouncers are like at nice clubs in the world but where i'm from all the bouncers are just hot heads standing infront of a rundown building.
bodybuildersreality.com

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 10:54:26 PM »
Geez JPM not sure where I hang in those ratngs.  I was big but very nice.  The girls loved me and the waitress really loved me cause I would give them massages all the time.  I hated to fight but didn't mind it if the guy was an asshole.  I have a very high tolerance for ignorance.  The thing that set me off the most was when a guy wouldn't listen to me.  Like at closing when we give them a 30 minutes heads-up on closing and they order a beer and still have it a half hour later and won't leave until they finish.  Then the guys who show-off when they are with their girlfriends. 

At Tequilla Willies which was the #1 bar/restaurant in Los  Angeles for 3 years was awesome.  I remember this guy in a suit he was at least 6'6" 250 or so.  He is there with a bunch of suits.  He is drunk as all shit and being loud and rude to everyone. Well one of the waitress came up to me to tell me he grabbed her ass.  So I watched him as she walked by.  And he grabbed her ass.  So I went up to him very politely and told him I saw him grab her.  He went off calling me a fucking liar and a roid baby and whatever.  She I told him he gotta go and he said no so I grabbed his arm and he pulled back really hard and said if I touch him again he will call the cops.  I said fine but you gotta go and grabbed him again. This time he tried to throw at me.  I quickly grabbed his tie and and through him down and literally drugged him out by his tie.  Outside he got up.  This time though behind me are my felllow bouncers.  Bob Sear who had a body that rivaled Arnold's was 6'3' 275, Ron Gibson at 5'9" 260 and our resident bad ass Jim Flarety. The guy gets up and says to me "what is your name I am going to report you"  I said It's Keith Jones. He then says "Not your stage name, your real name"  I thought that was funny.  Anyway he left.  And the good thing about working there was the management was behind the bouncers 110%.

Another time I was working at a country western bar and one of the other bouncers pulled a guys hair out as he was pulling him hrough the bar.  This guys head was bleeding so bad.  This bouncer Bill B. was a bad ass.  He had piles of hair in his hand.  He literally pulled this guys hair out of his head.  The guy ended up sueing the club and won and the club closed.  A couple old bouncer stories

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 09:06:27 AM »
Onlyme:The few times I spent  eating breakfast at Denny's in San Clemente from 3am to dawns early light in the morning (then go down to the pier for fishing ) with some north county local bouncers I must  have heard dozens of story's like yours . Always interesting, never dull. Don't know how long ago you bounced but with everone being sue happy now-a-days these gentlemen really have to watch their act. Being nice is the first option because usually way to many witnesses around to be anything but.

Some of the worse bars are the biker bars who hire their own as bouncers usually for a case of beer or maybe a few rocks which they can sell later. And some of the many new Mexican clubs(northern rancho music mostly) have a hard time holding down stabbings & shootings though not all are reported to the cops. They also protect their own. Too much smoke, meth & coke in both those kind of places for a person with a reasonable mind.

Where was Tequilla Willies...LA...south bay...valley...?

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 12:14:37 PM »
Man fuck that. I'm sick and tired of these motherfuckers acting like tough shyt when U AINT TOUGH SHYT bitch! Fuck that

Give me a knife and i'll take care of ur neighborhood bully.

And all these, or should i say most of these pricks who were bunch of "punks" in high school. Now they going to college, pump up on the steroids up their azz walking around and talking like a "man??" Dickheads, "oh i'm so big look at me stereoids got me looking like arnold, i compete on state" haha fucking fruitcake, man stfu

Fuck that, lets see how cute he looks when he bites the bullet or gets a buck fifty across the face. Lets see how really tough these fuckheads are?

If ur a real man, u dont start shyt. U only act as a man when u get disrespected. And if ur some tough shyt, then keep beefing with people. Because sooner or later ur bitchazz gonna get it, we all bleed the same way dont we?

P.S. Make sure u pick up Slim Thugs and Jim Jones album! New York's rider man

peace
#

wqet

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 01:24:17 AM »
does how strong you are mean you have the ability to beat down a weaker person? and does size mean you can take more hits than a skinny person?

Double XL™

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 01:33:09 AM »
does how strong you are mean you have the ability to beat down a weaker person?
in most cases, yes.

http://and does size mean you can take more hits than a skinny person?

to your head, no.   to your body, yes.

jimsadf

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 03:09:44 AM »
iv heard that naturally big people have bigger neck mussles and the bigger ur neck mussles are the more powerful blows u can take is that true?

VitaSwoll

• Getbig II
  • Can I work in with you?
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 09:44:33 AM »
All I gotta say is no matter how big or tall the other guy is you can always kick out his knee cap and they fall like a ton of bricks...  Helps when your only 5'3  ;D