Author Topic: ok had a sore lower back for few days so that means lunges  (Read 4837 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
ok had a sore lower back for few days so that means lunges
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:34:40 AM »
since all the squats and behined the back barbell deadlifts(hack squats) have gotten me stronger but lower back doesnt feel comfortable hitting these lifts. but nothing else on me is sore

so right now im doing lunges with my 65 pound dumbells. not going down all the way to where knee is hitting the ground but close! i feel this greatly on quads and no stress on lower back!!! my lower back will take some time to heal so ill do plenty of these heavy lunges...i guess a reason why lower back is sore is because it was a weak point in all the exercises but thats no reason to quit lifting!
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: ok had a sore lower back for few days so that means lunges
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:45:51 AM »
i notice my lower back becomes magically unsore doing the lunges too!
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:55 AM »
Good call, JF.  I've been doing db split squats too + leg press to let some aches get out of the back.  Check out an inversion table, broflies.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:13:25 AM »
How many reps are ya getting wit dem 65 pound bells?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »

sets of 15 right now 8 per leg, im having to consume alot of calories, but i like the feel of lunges they seem to dig deep into the quad . i seem to be able to do the weighted pushups no matter what, only mild soreness in chest i just need to do a shitload of volume, i dont always feel up for the one armed pushups
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:16:44 AM »

the key for me is not slacking on calories either, there is no growth without epic calories, nor is there epic energy CONSISTENT DAILY ENERGY. NOT STIMULATED IMMEDIATE ONE DAY ONLY ENERGY from COFFEE
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:21:22 AM »
i notice my lower back becomes magically unsore doing the lunges too!
Pushing off the heel of your foot will release the pressure even more off the lower back and hit the glutes more which hoes tend to like.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 06:22:36 AM »
Pushing off the heel of your foot will release the pressure even more off the lower back and hit the glutes more which hoes tend to like.

Yes, flexibility in the achilles tendon is key...

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:59 AM »
Well man, if you consume more calories than your body needs then you will just become a fatass FACT Also, it is possible to gain lean muscle tissue on a calorie deficent diet FACT

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 06:34:48 AM »
Well man, if you consume more calories than your body needs then you will just become a fatass FACT. You dont know exactly how much you burn you can make a good estimate but eating more is putting you on the safe and LIKELY side of growth

Also, it is possible to gain lean muscle tissue on a calorie deficent diet FACT this happens more so after a layoff or happens to a beginner, where are the building materials when in a deficit?

also im not worried about getting fat, this is where "overtraining" and volume come in

overtraining just means your muscles havent been fully rebuilt, either by rest or by food

so doing volume on chest and legs even when they are not full recoverd equals possible more growth stimulation and enhanced fat burning , because everything you eat well be desired by your muscles in an 'overtrained' state. of course some will go to fat too. Some 'experts' call this something like glucose supercompensation or intramuscular supercompensation, this results in more size and more energy

but when you have been overeating for a while and training for a while you dont get fatter , you just maintain what you got or slowly get leaner and stronger
A

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »
Lower back is sometimes like that but don't give up. Keep on soaring high in the sky Johnnay.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 08:02:27 AM »
Im in the same boat my friend.Back pains for a while now, so realising i had to stop doing squats for a while to see if it heals up, i tried sets of heavy lunges, and Damn my legs were aching next day much more than they do after squatting the day before :)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:16:10 AM »
good idea, destroying your back for no purpose, considering nobody cares about the size of your legs "muscles" but you.

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Dear Falclunges,

Most likely your back pain was caused by your piriformis muscle being tensed from all exercises mentioned above and irritating your sciatic nerve which often causes lower back pain but no pain in the legs

Lunges have a gentle way to stretch it and make it and relieve the inflammation almost instantly.

LungesSpeed.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 04:39:37 AM »
Dear Falclunges,

Most likely your back pain was caused by your piriformis muscle being tensed from all exercises mentioned above and irritating your sciatic nerve which often causes lower back pain but no pain in the legs

Lunges have a gentle way to stretch it and make it and relieve the inflammation almost instantly.

LungesSpeed.

bump for other falcon doctors
A

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »
My falcon poo's are looking awesome daddy falcone...god bless lubing my ass pipe with olives oil - take the falcones advice seriously folks

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 05:29:32 AM »
sets of 15 right now 8 per leg, im having to consume alot of calories, but i like the feel of lunges they seem to dig deep into the quad . i seem to be able to do the weighted pushups no matter what, only mild soreness in chest i just need to do a shitload of volume, i dont always feel up for the one armed pushups
hmmmm, is this failcon math?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 05:33:05 AM »
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:15 AM »
its stil dificult to do more than 8 sets of 10-15 on dumbell lunges with 65 ppounders

and you get even less reps when doing weighted pushups. its very difficult now i seem to be at a sticking point

i know my max volume for chest has be 120 reps total on weighted pushups with a 40 pound weight on, it takes a good while to do that many and i feel it will be a record thats difficult to break but i dont want to spend al freaking day doing them
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 05:42:33 AM »
its stil dificult to do more than 8 sets of 10-15 on dumbell lunges with 65 ppounders

and you get even less reps when doing weighted pushups. its very difficult now i seem to be at a sticking point

i know my max volume for chest has be 120 reps total on weighted pushups with a 40 pound weight on, it takes a good while to do that many and i feel it will be a record thats difficult to break but i dont want to spend al freaking day doing them
Put another 20 pounds in the backpack.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:32 AM »
the key for me is not slacking on calories either, there is no growth without epic calories, nor is there epic energy CONSISTENT DAILY ENERGY. NOT STIMULATED IMMEDIATE ONE DAY ONLY ENERGY from COFFEE

johnny, muscle growth would  be just as efficient with a couple hundred extra calories no? 
l

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 06:55:33 AM »
Fvck dat volume horseshit Falcon, it makes no goddamn sense to keep stimulating the same muscle fibers over and over. This volume training can help you to get leaner by burning calories, but it's not the most efficent means for building size and strength. Stick with not more than 2 working sets per exercise, son.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:18 AM »
Fvck dat volume horseshit Falcon, it makes no goddamn sense to keep stimulating the same muscle fibers over and over. This volume training can help you to get leaner by burning calories, but it's not the most efficent means for building size and strength. Stick with not more than 2 working sets per exercise, son.

well today i did sets of one arm pushups with 10 reps per hand, thats a vast improvement but i think my technique is a little better as well

first set of lunges got 17 reps then 15 then 12

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
johnny, muscle growth would  be just as efficient with a couple hundred extra calories no? 

seems right but the thing is we dont know for sure. but there is much more potential energy when injesting 1000 calories more  no? if eatin 1000 calories more your likely to do an extra 5 more sets no?
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 07:10:27 AM »
well today i did sets of one arm pushups with 10 reps per hand, thats a vast improvement but i think my technique is a little better as well

first set of lunges got 17 reps then 15 then 12

You got a hoe standing by counting the reps for you Johnny?