Author Topic: LAT: Obama open to a role for Islamists in new Egypt government  (Read 2057 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
U.S. open to a role for Islamists in new Egypt government (OBAMA SUPPORTS MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD)
Los Angeles Times ^ | 1/31/2011 | Paul Richter and Peter Nicholas

________________________ ________________________ _

The Obama administration said for the first time that it supports a role for groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned Islamist organization, in a reformed Egyptian government.

The organization must reject violence and recognize democratic goals if the U.S. is to be comfortable with it taking part in the government, the White House said. But by even setting conditions for the involvement of such nonsecular groups, the administration took a surprise step in the midst of the crisis that has enveloped Egypt for the last week.

[....]

Gibbs' remarks came after a White House meeting at which administration officials briefed outside Middle East experts, leaving some of the participants with the impression that the administration was not counting on the 82-year-old Mubarak remaining in power.

(Excerpt) Read more at latimes.com ...

________________________ ________________________ -

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: LAT: Obama open to a role for Islamists in new Egypt government
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 12:54:08 PM »
BTW - FUCK YOU WHOEVER STLL SUPPORTS THIS TREASONOUS POFS ADMN.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 12:58:38 PM »
Gibbs was just confused.

Senioritis moment.   :D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 12:58:48 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
BF - I'm not kidding - I literally want to KTFO and run over with my Explorer any asshole still supporting Obama.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 01:06:46 PM »
Gibbs was just confused.

Senioritis moment.   :D

No, Gibbs was probably VERY informed and tryin his best to cast this turd in as good a light as possible.   

And obama dare say he admires Reagan?   FFFUUUBBBOOO! !  ! ! ! !  ! 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
BF - I'm not kidding - I literally want to KTFO and run over with my Explorer any asshole still supporting Obama.   

[/quote

Maybe youre so angry because you drive an Explorer?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:29 PM »

[/quote

Maybe youre so angry because you drive an Explorer?

Ha ha a - thing runs like a champ.   had a few issues at 30k miles, but since then its cool.   Gave up my BMW 328 and downsizing my expenses.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
U.S. 'held secret meeting with Muslim Brotherhood'
WND ^ | 2/1/2011 | Aaron Klein

________________________ ________________________ _________________

JERUSALEM – The Egyptian government has information a diplomat at the U.S. embassy in Cairo secretly met yesterday with a senior leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, the nation's major Islamist opposition group, WND has learned.

The topic of the meeting was the future of Egypt following the "fall" of President Hosni Mubarak, an Egyptian intelligence official told WND.

The claim comes amid charges from Cairo that the Obama administration has been encouraging the protests rocking Egypt and targeting the rule of Mubarak, a key U.S. ally in the Middle East.

The Egyptian intelligence official told WND his government has information of a meeting that took place yesterday between Issam El-Erian, a senior leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, and Frank Wisner, a former U.S. ambassador to Egypt.

The Obama administration dispatched Wisner to Egypt this past weekend to report to the State Department and White House a general sense of the situation in the embattled country.

The Egyptian intelligence official speaking to WND said the meeting took place inside the American embassy in Cairo

The U.S. State Department would  neither confirm nor deny the report.

The Muslim Brotherhood seeks to spread Islam around the world, in large part using nonviolent means. Hamas and al-Qaida are violent Brotherhood offshoots.

The latest information is not the first charge by the Egyptian government that the Obama administration has been working with or encouraging the opposition to Mubarak.

Last week, a senior Egyptian diplomat stated the Egyptian government suspects elements of the current uprising there, particularly political aspects, are being coordinated with the U.S. State Department and Obama administration.

The senior Egyptian diplomat told WND the Mubarak regime suspects the U.S. has been aiding protest planning by Mohamed ElBaradei, who is seen as one of the main opposition leaders in Cairo.

(Excerpt) Read more at wnd.com ...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
We should take bets on the next US ally Obama will throw under the bus.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
"Obama’s Message to Mubarak: Neither You Nor Your Son Should Be On the Ballot This Fall"

U.S. officials tells ABC News that on Saturday, President Obama made the final authorization to send former Ambassador to Egypt Frank Wisner to deliver – gently – the message to Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak that neither he nor his son should run for the presidency this September.

Wisner, a well-regarded Egypt hand with a longtime relationship with Mubarak, was “in the orbit,” an official says, “because he’s been talked about as a potential Holbrooke replacement” to be a Special Envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The White House gave Wisner his talking points, the official said, and Wisner flew to Cairo Sunday to tell Mubarak that he should not run for re-election -- and that his son Gamal should not run either.

The message didn’t delve into “the mechanics of a transition,” an official said. “It was supposed to be delivered in a gentle way, it was a gentle nudge: ‘You should say you’re not running again.’”

-Jake Tapper

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/02/obamas-... 

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 01:41:41 PM »

Ha ha a - thing runs like a champ.   had a few issues at 30k miles, but since then its cool.   Gave up my BMW 328 and downsizing my expenses.   

Youre a bigger man than I am.  I'd rather live in a smaller apartment than give up my cars.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 01:44:12 PM »
Youre a bigger man than I am.  I'd rather live in a smaller apartment than give up my cars.

Having three cars at once was not working out too well for me. 

My goal is to run the Explorer till it dies a painful and irretrievable death and then get a CRV or Wrangler.     

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »
I hope those Egyptians are just in love with Gaza because that's where they are headed if the Islamists take power.

Those roving masses need to smarten up and get a clue about the quickly evolving situation or the situation will quickly leave their grasp. Just because it isn't Mubarak doesn't mean that it is a better path. They will get to vote in the Islamists and than never be able to vote them out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 05:56:52 PM »
Obama: Egyptian protesters 'an inspiration'
Associated Press ^ | Feb. 1, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says the passion and dignity demonstrated by the people of Egypt has been an inspiration. He says young protesters will reach their destiny.

In brief remarks at the White House Tuesday evening, the president said, "We hear your voices."

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWWTTTFFFFF??????

Obama is truly a sick deranged communist puke.  

When the Hondurans protested to out the marxist Zelaya - Obama tried to undermine them.  

When the Iranian students protested the radical islamist regime - Obama didnt say shit.  

When millions protested the health care bill and all of his WWTTFF policies - Obama didnt say a word and marched ahead with his WWTTFF agenda.  

When most of the nation came out against the GZ Mosque - he stood up for the Imam.   

And only now is he inspired.  

This asshole really needs a rubber room.  BTW - FU whoever still supports this admn.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:48 AM »
Heard Aaron Klein on the radio last night discussing this, obama is knee deep with the MB and islamists going way back. 

Can't we just send this kenyan jerkoff to Egypt to be their president and leave us alone? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 06:55:30 AM »

Cool.. ill be in ny around April.. flying into JFK.. youll have your shot..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 06:57:48 AM »
Cool.. ill be in ny around April.. flying into JFK.. youll have your shot..

You still supporting him says a lot more about you than me. 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 07:04:57 AM »
You still supporting him says a lot more about you than me. 

so you can knock me the fuck out when i come to ny

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 07:08:29 AM »
so you can knock me the fuck out when i come to ny

If you want.   Personally, I try to stay far away from Kennedy as possible.   All sorts of crap over there.   Reminds me of Dehli, Somalia, Indonesia, and the Bronx Zoo.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 07:09:21 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says the passion and dignity demonstrated by the people of Egypt has been an inspiration. He says young protesters will reach their destiny.

In brief remarks at the White House Tuesday evening, the president said, "We hear your voices."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWWTTTFFFFF??????

When the Hondurans protested to out the marxist Zelaya - Obama tried to undermine them.  

When the Iranian students protested the radical islamist regime - Obama didnt say shit.  

When millions protested the health care bill and all of his WWTTFF policies - Obama didnt say a word and marched ahead with his WWTTFF agenda.  

When most of the nation came out against the GZ Mosque - he stood up for the Imam.   

This asshole really needs a rubber room.  BTW - FU whoever still supports this admn.  

QFT x 50   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
If you want.   Personally, I try to stay far away from Kennedy as possible.   All sorts of crap over there.   Reminds me of Dehli, Somalia, Indonesia, and the Bronx Zoo.   
Im good where ever... BX, BK, Washington Heights, Queens..  dont really matter to me

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 07:13:49 AM »

WWWTTTFFFFF??????

He's a sick fuck. Stands behind a totalitarian dictatorship with the Mullahs and now supports the creation of the first part of the caliphate.  :-\

Im good where ever... BX, BK, Washington Heights, Queens..  dont really matter to me

So you're going with "Option D"?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 07:17:44 AM »
Again - how can anyone who still supports ths admn reconcile this crap unless they too support islamism, marxism, etc?     

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »
He's a sick fuck. Stands behind a totalitarian dictatorship with the Mullahs and now supports the creation of the first part of the caliphate.  :-\

So you're going with "Option D"?

had to.. he threw out the challenge.. Option D is the only option left..