Author Topic: Megayacht for bodybuilder?  (Read 22239 times)

travisma

• Getbig II
Re: Megayacht for bodybuilder?
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 08:29:28 PM »

In case I forget later.... He is one of his other yachts...

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=azimut-1446

$55,000 Wk to hire from him...

Nice..

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:06 PM »
In case I forget later.... He is one of his other yachts...

http://www.charterworld.com/index.html?sub=yacht-charter&charter=azimut-1446

$55,000 Wk to hire from him...

Nice..

Ew!  Would not want a boat like that.  Too big and too ugly.  :(

I'm too hands on to want a boat that requires a crew.  If I can't pilot it myself or dock it in my back yard, it would not appeal to me.  For me, the joy of boating is piloting the craft and sharing the experience with a handful of friends.  Good food, wine, and navigating the waters.  8)

travisma

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »

Yeah I agree...

Funny story. Con had the boat out for new years 2000 in Sydney Harbour and a member of the dannish royal family asked to come on board. Cons wife carol isnt very much of a socialite and didnt know what to organise for dinner for them and only could think of offering "Fish & Chips".....

I'm too hands on to want a boat that requires a crew.  If I can't pilot it myself or dock it in my back yard, it would not appeal to me.  For me, the joy of boating is piloting craft and sharing the experience with a handful of friends.  8)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »

Arnold can afford one, although with his possible divorce I'm not sure what will remain of his fortune.
Sylvester Stallone could buy such a yacht, especially if you consider that the vast majority of such new built boats are offered as charters. If it's a successful charter yacht, the owner can vastly lower his expenses.

If one of them is the owner, as they are extremely famous, such information would be all over the web. So probably the yacht is being built for another fitness/health/muscle/physique oriented person.

On the other hand: I have yet to read that either Schwarzenegger of Stallone are yachting fans. Has one of them owned a yacht or superyacht before?
But then again, I didn't think Steve Jobs was interested in buying a megayacht, but he (or now his widow) has a Philippe Starck designed megayacht under construction at Feadship De Vries in Aalsmeer (Holland)
A $80 million yacht is a huge expense for even someone with a $300 million net worth. Arnold can not spend almost a 1/3 of his net worth on a boat (well he can but I am sure as a businessman he would not consider this). There are maintenance costs involved as well.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:14 PM »

Even Luxury Yachts Can Sink

Shortly after setting out with their brand new Fairline Squadron 58, a 60-foot luxury yacht, two Norwegian men ran it into some submerged rocks and it sank. The men abandoned the sinking ship in the rubber lifeboat, which also started to sink. The Norwegian rescue crews believe that the men were relying too much on their electronic charts and it was an error in navigation (either an error in reading the charts or in the charts themselves) that caused the boat to hit the rocks. The yacht was valued at $2 million and featured four bedrooms, with room for 10 people.

The lesson learned here is that, while fancy electronic equipment is great in a yacht, it's also good if you know how to sail before you set out. And that it's probably a good idea to check the condition of the life boat, just to be safe.

http://www.luxist.com/tag/fairline+squadron/

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2012, 06:23:27 AM »

Shortly after setting out with their brand new Fairline Squadron 58, a 60-foot luxury yacht, two Norwegian men ran it into some submerged rocks and it sank. The men abandoned the sinking ship in the rubber lifeboat, which also started to sink. The Norwegian rescue crews believe that the men were relying too much on their electronic charts and it was an error in navigation (either an error in reading the charts or in the charts themselves) that caused the boat to hit the rocks. The yacht was valued at $2 million and featured four bedrooms, with room for 10 people.

The lesson learned here is that, while fancy electronic equipment is great in a yacht, it's also good if you know how to sail before you set out. And that it's probably a good idea to check the condition of the life boat, just to be safe.

Ouch!  So very true.  There is a huge learning curve if one is serious about boating.  This is what happens when you don't climb that curve.  I hope those guys had good insurance. :-[

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2012, 06:53:56 AM »
ron bought it to sail away with us, getbig party cruise

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2012, 06:56:09 AM »

PIP coach :'(

Game Time

• Getbig III
  • Go out fatboy
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:09 AM »

I'm too hands on to want a boat that requires a crew.  If I can't pilot it myself or dock it in my back yard, it would not appeal to me.  For me, the joy of boating is piloting the craft and sharing the experience with a handful of friends.  Good food, wine, and navigating the waters.  8)
2x the Wally line looks terrible. The largest model looks like a bathtub

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »
2x the Wally line looks terrible. The largest model looks like a bathtub

Thanks for the echo.  Can't believe quadzilla456 thought that Wally was impressive.  Beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.  ::)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:24 AM »
Btw, the market for megayachts has crashed in recent years.

You Think Houses Are a Slow Sell? Try a Yacht
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/22/business/22yachts.html?scp=2&sq=yacht&st=cse

Even modest boating (by comparison) is a pricey hobby.  Boats have to be stocked with food, wine and other liquors.  I used to go boating with a buddy of mine who had a 40” and every time the boat went out it took $500 in gasoline to fill the tank.  Repairs and service bills are endless.  It is true what they say about boat owners: the two happiest days of your life are the day you buy the boat and the day you get rid of it.  It is a serious money pit and really only makes sense if you can write it all off as a business expense.

My boat owning friend told me once, “you don’t really want to own a boat; you want to be friends with someone who ones a boat.”  It was and remains good advice.  That way you experience all the joys of being invited to go boating . . . without any of the headaches of ownership.  ;)

Your friend has a 40"  sheesh that must hurt.

I remember hearing Trump say it cost him about $100k each time he took his yacht out. 

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:50 AM »
Too rich for my blood!  :-[

Let's just say it would require a lot of private posing from the first tier guys!!  :P   ;D
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=36549.msg5067683#msg5067683

btw, this is where you park a boat like that: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3130-Northeast-43rd-Street_Fort-Lauderdale_FL_33308_M54492-10678

holy shit, this is beautiful......why wouldn't a millionaire buy this instead of some over priced condo in new york city for the same money?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »

holy shit, this is beautiful......why wouldn't a millionaire buy this instead of some over priced condo in new york city for the same money?

Many of these homes are owned by moneyed people up north; people who only come down “in season” or in the winter.  Lauderdale tends to have people year round, but Palm Beach is famous for only being occupied in season.  Worth Ave (the man drag in Palm Beach) looks like a ghost town in the summer and fall.

Bernie Madoff used to have a place in Palm Beach.  He had a yacht too.  His favorite store in PB was Trillion--the name of which suggests the prices one will find within!  :-X

http://www.trillionpalmbeach.com/Trillion/Trillion_Home.html

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
A $80 million yacht is a huge expense for even someone with a $300 million net worth. Arnold can not spend almost a 1/3 of his net worth on a boat (well he can but I am sure as a businessman he would not consider this). There are maintenance costs involved as well.

Well, he could afford it, but I agree with you that financially, that wouldn't be smart.

But if 300 million usd is his net worth, and he has no debts, than a new Amels 180 is very well possible:

http://www.yachtshop.ru/shop/?l=170

Especially if he would offer the yacht for charter through a professional organisation/agent/broker. Sometimes a famous owner can lead to more bookings for his or her yacht. Steven Spielbergs "Seven Seas" is also available for charter.

Many times, megayacht prices are exaggerated. Other media like to come up with insane prices, just to attract attention to their article/magazine or website. According to Henk de Vries, CEO of Feadship De Vries Group, their megayachts cost between 25 en 200 million euros. (40 meters - 100 meters)
(And Feadship is not the cheapest yard around)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2012, 04:13:22 PM »
he never actually pays $80 million for it you just have to lease or make payments

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2012, 03:18:56 AM »

dennis clearly lost size

MikMaq

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2012, 03:33:24 AM »
 The place to own a boat is in Florida where you can actually use it to go places throughout the year (the Keys, The Dry Tortugas, the other coast of FL, Caribbean islands, etc).  Not everyone would be into it I suppose, but I can think of few things more fun and adventurous than spending a few weeks or months with 2-5 friends hopscotching from one island to another, visiting... restocking supplies... partying... scuba diving, working out at different gyms (bodybuilding related), etc.  You can do all of this in Florida.  And when you are done you navigate home to the dock in your back yard and all the conveniences of home.

So is this what a gay fantasy is like ???

Ill prefer the hetero raping and pillaging.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2015, 12:23:25 PM »
Boat show offers VIP packages to lure heavy-hitters
By Doreen Hemlock

Aiming to attract more high-end visitors, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show is adding VIP packages for this year's edition.

For nearly $400 per day or almost $1,100 for three days, the packages offer valet parking, entry to the show and all-day access to an air-conditioned VIP lounge at the Hall of Fame Marina that features gourmet food, a premium open bar and a concierge. The concierge can help VIPs with appointments for private tours of the top super-yachts and access to other private boat-show events, show organizers said.

The VIP packages are the first ever offered for the annual boat extravanganza, set this year for Nov. 5 to 9, said Brett Keating, vice president of consumer marketing at organizer Show Management.

To lure the heavy-hitters, show organizers teamed up with a company known for developing high-end packages for attendees at other major events. They're working with Quint Events of Charlotte, N.C., which also offers VIP packages at the Kentucky Derby, Super Bowl, NBA All-Star Game, Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas Collector Car Auctions and other headline events worldwide.

"Because they produce so many of these VIP events, they can tap into their existing clients base" to draw VIP guests to Fort Lauderdale for the world's largest in-water boat show, Keating said.

Organizers hope to sell about 200 to 300 VIP packages to the show this first year, Keating said.

In all, more than 100,000 people are expected to attend the 56th annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, which will display nearly 1,500 boats across more than 3 million square feet of exhibit space.

Among the largest boats offered will be luxury super-yachts at least 80 feet long. In 2014, the largest motorboat on display stretched nearly 197 feet and cost $46.25 million. That Italian-designed super-yacht sleeps up to 12 and can carry a crew of up to 15 people.

In addition to super-yachts, the show will feature a wide range of smaller boats, fishing gear, marine art and related marine items — offerings valued collectively at more than $4 billion.

More than 1,000 exhibitors for 30 countries are expected at this year's show. Some will demonstrate kayaks, paddleboats and other small craft in a 15,000-gallon pool dubbed AquaZone to be set up for the second year in the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.

Tickets for the boat show are available for preview Thursday for $41 online and $43 at the door. For Friday through Monday, they are $25 online and $27 at the show for adults, $10 online and $12 at the door for children ages 6 through 15, and free for children under 6. Two-day tickets for adults for Friday through Monday events are $41 online and $45 at the show.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2015, 01:26:46 PM »
I owned a waverunner once.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2015, 02:18:44 PM »
Guy's U must see Cannes & Monte Carlo  in July-August,  every yacht is decorated with super hot chicks  8)

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2015, 03:33:37 PM »

the extras with these yachts are pretty good

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2015, 03:41:13 PM »
"If it flies, floats, or fucks, rent it. Otherwise own it!" - Felix Dennis.
A

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2015, 06:25:03 PM »
Go to Saint Maarten if you want to see monster yachts.