Author Topic: Bas Rutten breaks down UFC 126, says Brock should go train at Golden Glory  (Read 9828 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
great interview!!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Bas nails it on the head. Brock is a pussy who should quit fighting.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Bas nails it on the head. Brock is a pussy who should quit fighting.

So is Bas inferring that Cain doesn't punch hard?  It's no secret that Brock doesn't take a punch well, but WHO has/would take punches from Carwin or Cain very well.  As history shows, Carwin and Cain are hard hitters. Most of their wins are KO or TKO from punches.

w8m8

Bas is one of the greatest !!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
So is Bas inferring that Cain doesn't punch hard?  It's no secret that Brock doesn't take a punch well, but WHO has/would take punches from Carwin or Cain very well.  As history shows, Carwin and Cain are hard hitters. Most of their wins are KO or TKO from punches.

::)

Cain doesn't hit hard at all- he is just precise and fast for a HW. All Carwin can do is hit hard. Brock not only couldn't take a punch from either, he didn't even hit back, or do anything except run. He's supposed to be the champ. What champion trains in an atmosphere where he's not allowed to be hit during sparring? 

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
He needs to learn stand up, instead of just sticking to what he already knows. Classic training mistake is to focus only on what your good at.
If you don't find your weaknesses your opponent will.
P

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Bas is one of the greatest !!

Why, because he dissed Lesnar?    ::) ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Why, because he dissed Lesnar?    ::) ::)

Bas is well known as an all time MMA great. Fantastic job demonstrating your ignorance of the sport.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Why, because he dissed Lesnar?    ::) ::)

are you fucking serious??  >:(

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Bas is well known as an all time MMA great. Fantastic job demonstrating your ignorance of the sport.
How so?  Where do I say he's not credible etc???

My point I was trying to make was that in another thread w8m8 was all over lesnar's ass... and the only reason she was saying Bas was great is bc she dislikes Lesnar.  My comment had nothing to do with Bas or his credibility.

Right over your head GW.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
OH YEAH!?!?!

WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT!?!?

;D

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Just be happy I'm picking the underdog tonight big mouth and shut your trap

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Big deal- your picking one underdog-- and he's hardly a tomato can. Vitor can easily win the fight but I doubt he will.

Pick Bader and really impress me.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
bas knows his stuff
I dont like twinks.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
What a surprise, a legend who knows the intricacies of the sport doesn't think Brock has any business  coaching or representing MMA in a title fight Lol. Hmmm, now if only the rest of the TUF newbs could see past muscles and a giant wee wee tatoo they'd see the same.  Let me guess. from know on everyone else that makes Brock cower in fear from punches will be considered a devastating power puncher (which Cain is not). 
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
What a surprise, a legend who knows the intricacies of the sport doesn't think Brock has any business  coaching or representing MMA in a title fight Lol. Hmmm, now if only the rest of the TUF newbs could see past muscles and a giant wee wee tatoo they'd see the same.  Let me guess. from know on everyone else that makes Brock cower in fear from punches will be considered a devastating power puncher (which Cain is not). 

Relax bro...it's just a reality show that happens to involve fighting.  Nobody is there to be taught how to fight.  They may ALL pick up a few things while on the show, but ratings, revenue and exposure is the primary purpose of the show.

Cain is not a powerful striker?? Hmmmmm...His record says otherwise.

Win    Brock Lesnar    TKO (Punches)    UFC 121 - Lesnar vs. Velasquez    10/23/2010    1    4:12
 Win    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    KO (Punches)    UFC 110 - Nogueira vs. Velasquez    2/20/2010    1    2:20
 Win    Ben Rothwell    TKO (Punches)    UFC 104 - Machida vs. Shogun    10/24/2009    2    0:58
 Win    Cheick Kongo    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 99 - The Comeback    6/13/2009    3    5:00
 Win    Denis Stojnic    TKO (Punches)    UFC - Fight Night 17    2/7/2009    2    2:34
 Win    Jake O'Brien    TKO (Punches)    UFC - Fight Night 14    7/19/2008    1    2:02
 Win    Brad Morris    TKO (Punches)    UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II    4/19/2008    1    2:10
 Win    Jeremiah Constant    TKO (Punches)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    12/16/2006    1    4:00
 Win    Jesse Fujarczyk    TKO (Punches)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
He's not a powerful puncher at all. His only one punch KO is against NOG. He is very technical, precise and has fast hands for a HW-- but powerful? Not for a HW.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Relax bro...it's just a reality show that happens to involve fighting.  Nobody is there to be taught how to fight.  They may ALL pick up a few things while on the show, but ratings, revenue and exposure is the primary purpose of the show.

Cain is not a powerful striker?? Hmmmmm...His record says otherwise.

Win    Brock Lesnar    TKO (Punches)    UFC 121 - Lesnar vs. Velasquez    10/23/2010    1    4:12
 Win    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira    KO (Punches)    UFC 110 - Nogueira vs. Velasquez    2/20/2010    1    2:20
 Win    Ben Rothwell    TKO (Punches)    UFC 104 - Machida vs. Shogun    10/24/2009    2    0:58
 Win    Cheick Kongo    Decision (Unanimous)    UFC 99 - The Comeback    6/13/2009    3    5:00
 Win    Denis Stojnic    TKO (Punches)    UFC - Fight Night 17    2/7/2009    2    2:34
 Win    Jake O'Brien    TKO (Punches)    UFC - Fight Night 14    7/19/2008    1    2:02
 Win    Brad Morris    TKO (Punches)    UFC 83 - Serra vs. St. Pierre II    4/19/2008    1    2:10
 Win    Jeremiah Constant    TKO (Punches)    Bodog Fight - Clash of the Nations    12/16/2006    1    4:00
 Win    Jesse Fujarczyk    TKO (Punches)

If you actually watch those fights you'd see that a majority of them are tko's because he took them down and gnp'd, it's not like he's going out and brutally knocking out everybody with one punch.  He's a swarmer and accumulation puncher, and like Whorewell said, he's technical and quick, but lacks that true HW Power (which in all honesty he's doing fine without), his cardio and swarming attack of wrestling and strlikes are sufficient.
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan

If you actually watch those fights you'd see that a majority of them are tko's because he took them down and gnp'd, it's not like he's going out and brutally knocking out everybody with one punch.  He's a swarmer and accumulation puncher, and like Whorewell said, he's technical and quick, but lacks that true HW Power (which in all honesty he's doing fine without), his cardio and swarming attack of wrestling and strlikes are sufficient.
X2
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
  • "You've got size, but you don't have my size!"
X2

Cain Velasques does not have KO power. If you watched his fights instead of looking at fightfinder you would know that.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Cain Velasques does not have KO power. If you watched his fights instead of looking at fightfinder you would know that.

It was originally stated that Brock doesn't like to get hit and can't take a punch. Cain has demonstrated that people get rocked when he hits them. Call it what you want, he does damage when he hits.

Are you seriously telling me that in the majority of Cains fights, his striking skills aren't primarily what causes the most damage on his opponents?

How about you give me one fight where his striking was not a huge factor.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
It was originally stated that Brock doesn't like to get hit and can't take a punch. Cain has demonstrated that people get rocked when he hits them. Call it what you want, he does damage when he hits.

Are you seriously telling me that in the majority of Cains fights, his striking skills aren't primarily what causes the most damage on his opponents?

How about you give me one fight where his striking was not a huge factor.

Striking ability and knock out power are two totally different aspects of stand up. Carwin has KO power, Fedor has KO power, Overeem has KO power-- Velasquez does not. Velasquez is quick, technical and never gets tired so he can swarm and batter his opponent better than most. He also isn't a "weak" puncher-- Ala Nogueirra; but his technical boxing far surpases his power.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
Striking ability and knock out power are two totally different aspects of stand up. Carwin has KO power, Fedor has KO power, Overeem has KO power-- Velasquez does not. Velasquez is quick, technical and never gets tired so he can swarm and batter his opponent better than most. He also isn't a "weak" puncher-- Ala Nogueirra; but his technical boxing far surpases his power.

Thats right. Cains KO power is average. Nog has a chin made of plastic these days like Chuck Liddell so its stupid to say he hits hard because of that fight. KO power is usually natural. Fedor, Vovchanchyn, Manhoef are the hardest hitters the sport has ever seen. Even Tank Abbott used to hit like a truck.

Being an accurate striker doesnt mean you hit hard.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
vovchanchyn = most brutal ko power ever.
I dont like twinks.

geneticmarvel

• Getbig III
vovchanchyn = most brutal ko power ever.

Yeah I would say above all the others I just mentioned. He was one scary individual back in the day. Made most of the big heavyweights' punching power look like a joke.